Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96929)

IlliniCub 01-15-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3323672)
I haven't paid terribly close attention to it all, but I get the impression that whenever a Q prediction doesn't come true (which is, uh, frequent,) there's an 8-D chess explanation given, and the cultists swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

Basically, I've been following the posts of several local Q idiots. When it doesn't come true they double down and then add to the narrative to make it not coming true fit a grander scheme. People then swallow it hook line and sinker, because at this point they've invested so much of their credibility in it that they need it to be true. I've definitely witnessed the radicalization of people who use to seem normal, just maybe a little right of center politically into full blown nutcakes.

JPhillips 01-15-2021 10:20 PM

I like the way this guy thinks.

Quote:

“If it wasn’t my job I would do it for free. It was absolutely my pleasure to crush a white nationalist insurrection,” he said. “And we’ll do it as many times as it takes.”

This is the cop that was being crushed in the doorway.

PilotMan 01-15-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3323706)
Seattle-based Alaska Airlines increases security on flights to DC ahead of Inauguration Day | king5.com

really liking they are forbidding guns in checked bags. WOnder if they are going to arrest people or just confiscate their guns

edit: I just watched the news report about this (the video within the article) and the FAA head talks about being ready to divert planes if necessary. Pilotman have you ever been involved in such a diversion?

Not for anything like that, but I did have a flight where there were 13 people carrying guns on board (legally of course, like feds, SS, etc) (on a small-er 70 seat jet). They were all traveling to something like the G8.

AlexB 01-16-2021 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3323770)
In reponse to the Kentucky BB players kneeling for the anthem, Iowa and Maryland came out in their game for the jump ball and all the players, coaches and refs knelt.

I was inspired and impressed. I know the national anthem is important, but would it not have been more prudent to do it like this as opposed to kneeling during the national anthem, which you knew would get negative attention.

Or is it important to do it during the anthem to draw attention, even if it is negative.

This is how football in Europe has been doing it from the start (although we don’t have anthems before matches so that was never an option anyway) - everybody takes a knee after the whistle and then the game gets going

Of course, when fans were in stadia, some still managed to boo - in the absence of anthems, they were clearly booing the gesture, so no confusion over intent

Edward64 01-16-2021 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3323770)
In reponse to the Kentucky BB players kneeling for the anthem, Iowa and Maryland came out in their game for the jump ball and all the players, coaches and refs knelt.

I was inspired and impressed. I know the national anthem is important, but would it not have been more prudent to do it like this as opposed to kneeling during the national anthem, which you knew would get negative attention.

Or is it important to do it during the anthem to draw attention, even if it is negative.

It's definitely no longer just an entitled rich crybaby saying "look at me" and giving the finger to the "flag/anthem aka country" by first sitting and then kneeling (after a backlash).

The polls were heavily against not kneeling a couple years back (60-65) but I saw a more recent poll (I think 50-55) with kneel as it became more mainstream and with the BLM protests. I wonder what the polls would say about just sitting during the flag/anthem but didn't find one.

I like your KY BB example, not disrespecting the "flag/anthem aka country" but getting the point across. It'll be interesting to see if the dynamics of the Capitol coup'er and coup'ette changes this any with short-term-spark of patriotism, Trump leaving, and a moderating voice from grandpa Biden.

FWIW, I didn't find anything re: Biden's position on kneeling.

Galaril 01-16-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Econ (Post 3323598)
So, I'm listening to The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard Evans. About 8 hours in and I've finally reached the introduction of Hitler. It's obviously depressing hearing history repeat itself, but it's pretty clear Trump phase studied Hitler more than anything else he's studied.

The main takeaway for Trump seems to be the only way to have successful propagnda is to appeal to the stupidest person in the audience, speak in extremely brief sentences, use buzzwords, and never compromise on anything you say. Just say it loud and never admit a mistake.

Thanks for mentioning this set of books. I am listening to book 1 and is really good. William Shirer’s 1960 The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich which is widely considered the most thorough historical analysis how and why Nazi Germ y rose to power has notated well.

It is quite ominous how similar are the paths this country and Late 19th/ early 20th century German are.

ISiddiqui 01-16-2021 03:59 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6d6_story.html

Quote:

Virginia man arrested at inauguration security checkpoint in possession of gun, 500 rounds ammo and unauthorized credential, police say

Holy crap!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Autumn 01-16-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3323674)

Fast forward a whopping 5 days, and on Saturday night, UK basketball players kneeled during the National Anthem before the UF game. Guess what? My FB feed was suddenly filled with outraged people ranting about respecting military, law enforcement and the American flag. FIVE DAYS AFTER AN INSURRECTION AT THE CAPITOL IN WHICH A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WAS LITERALLY BEATEN TO DEATH WITH AN AMERICAN FLAGPOLE. And these people are outraged over the lack of respect at kneeling?!

This has largely been my experience, and my reaction, as well. Just complete radio silence for days from anyone I know who considers themselves a conservative. And then suddenly it's back to manic screaming about Twitter banning Trump, or Facebook banning conservative shops, or metal detectors in the Capitol. And I just think, sure, we can have a conversation about any of those things, but where was this f&#@ing outrage days ago?

This is particularly prominent among Republican leaders. They have nothing but some quiet thoughts and prayers for an assault on the Capitol and democracy, but when something happens in response to that, all of a sudden they're Martin Luther King defending our rights. Never a nod to the fact that most everything they complain about has come about as a response to their actions. Isn't this the part of individual responsibility? And yet all they care about is bitching about the consequences of they and their voters' actions.

HerRealName 01-16-2021 06:49 PM

My Q infested SiL with this gem:

CrimsonFox 01-16-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 3323869)

Holy crap!

Rule #1 when planning a terrorist attack on country leaders: Take off the bumper sticker reading "When they come for your guns, give them your bullets first."

Thomkal 01-16-2021 07:22 PM

Started muting some Trump Admin people today on Twitter, few Republican far-righters, and hope they will never be in a position to harm this country ever again. Felt good.

Ksyrup 01-16-2021 07:30 PM

So my MIL talks to my wife today and at the end of the call says she's going to text a video to my wife and she doesn't need a response and doesn't want to get political but she wants my wife to see it. The minute my wife tells me this, I start to get pissed. I KNOW it's some bullshit MAGA Trump's going to still be president garbage and I tell my wife I don't want to see it. But she shows me anyway.

And sure enough, it's some dude telling people to stay indoors because on Sunday or Monday, Trump is going to broadcast over the EBS that he is remaining in power and declaring "global martial law" (?). At this point, I get really pissed and start going off on my MIL. I mean, this woman is in her mid-70s so obviously susceptible to scare tactics, but otherwise an intelligent, normal person. How the FUCK do people think that kind of shit is REAL?

I told my wife I'm going to send a message back to my MIL that Marvin the Martian will be coming to Earth on Monday riding a unicorn and declaring himself Grand Pubah of the US, so she should clear her local grocery store of all canned beets because it will please the new Grand Pubah. She was not amused.

I'm over this shit . OH-VER.

Thomkal 01-16-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 3323869)

Holy crap!

Just saw some reporting that this guy had proper Park Police pass, but PP had not communicated that to Secret Service, so he's been cleared of any charges and released.

GrantDawg 01-16-2021 07:56 PM

The guy was charged in court, so I don't think he was released. No pass would gave allowed him to carry that gun into DC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GrantDawg 01-16-2021 08:02 PM

Found what it was, Thomkal. The pass wasn't fake, it was "non-governmental", but he was still charged for the weapons and ammo.

Thomkal 01-16-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrantDawg (Post 3323911)
The guy was charged in court, so I don't think he was released. No pass would gave allowed him to carry that gun into DC.

Carol Leonnig from the Washington Post tweeted this about an hour ago, soI would think the Post would have the right story here. She says cleared of any further investigation and released.

GrantDawg 01-16-2021 08:15 PM

Further investigation, but he he still faces weapon charges.
Edit: but he was released, yes.

Thomkal 01-16-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrantDawg (Post 3323912)
Found what it was, Thomkal. The pass wasn't fake, it was "non-governmental", but he was still charged for the weapons and ammo.

ah okay. My understanding was that the weapons and ammo were part of his job, so they didn't charge him for that

GrantDawg 01-16-2021 08:55 PM

No, he said he forgot he had them, realized it half way there, and then still came on because he was running late. That mistake will still cost him, but not as much if he had been suspected of something much worse.

GrantDawg 01-16-2021 09:00 PM

Btw, it was this story that made me finally snap and subscribe to the Washington Post. So the Wa Po thanks you , Thomkal.

Thomkal 01-16-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrantDawg (Post 3323923)
Btw, it was this story that made me finally snap and subscribe to the Washington Post. So the Wa Po thanks you , Thomkal.

The Washington Post and I thank you I guess. Heh

Bee 01-17-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3323908)
I'm going to send a message back to my MIL that Marvin the Martian will be coming to Earth on Monday riding a unicorn and declaring himself Grand Pubah of the US, so she should clear her local grocery store of all canned beets because it will please the new Grand Pubah. She was not amused.

Well, at least you warned her so you can't be blamed if she isn't ready.

GrantDawg 01-17-2021 12:39 PM

Finally, something of an answer. I kept asking why the 17th fir these big rallies? Other than "it is the weekend", I got nothing. But there is a symbolic thing for the q people with the 17th. Q being the 17TH letter in the alphabet, and this one of those days that they claim something big is going to happen.

Ghost Econ 01-17-2021 01:48 PM

I assumed because if they did it in MLK day, it would have been too overtly racist.

IlliniCub 01-17-2021 01:53 PM

So the rallys are not happening today? I haven't heard much

Galaril 01-17-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniCub (Post 3324008)

Yeah I guess not. Kind of wonder if these cowards are going to go into hiding for now and not even come out on the 20th due to the government being ready for them. My worry is they come back to the Capital and /or WH in a month or so after the soldiers are gone.

sovereignstar v2 01-17-2021 02:27 PM

Edit: oops

albionmoonlight 01-17-2021 02:31 PM

According to the local news, there is a large police presence in downtown Raleigh. And they closed pretty much all of the businesses in anticipations of the protests. But there’s nothing really going on.

Edward64 01-17-2021 02:41 PM

Interesting new video from inside the Capitol.

Didn't catch it all but the horned guy was getting it on. The Lt. Col did want to keep it respectful etc. A masked Capitol guard trying to shoo them away.

Looking forward to other videos. TBH, not looking forward to the endless public prosecutions and press conferences.

Lathum 01-17-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward64 (Post 3324014)
Interesting new video from inside the Capitol.

Didn't catch it all but the horned guy was getting it on. The Lt. Col did want to keep it respectful etc. A masked Capitol guard trying to shoo them away.

Looking forward to other videos. TBH, not looking forward to the endless public prosecutions and press conferences.

Wait, what?

Lathum 01-17-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 3324011)
According to the local news, there is a large police presence in downtown Raleigh. And they closed pretty much all of the businesses in anticipations of the protests. But there’s nothing really going on.

NJ News 12 reporting nothing happening at our capitol

Edward64 01-17-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3324020)
Wait, what?

He had a portable loudspeaker in the chamber and the Q group (I assume) was having a (figuratively) circle jerk.

Radii 01-17-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniCub (Post 3324008)

Why bother when we're going to have global martial law and Trump as world emperor in a few days.

CrimsonFox 01-17-2021 04:55 PM

Bigmouth Greene's twitter account suspended for 12 hours. Will be permanent soon I'm sure. She and her maskless friends need to face some kind of charge for giving others covid but I don't think that would fly :(

Ben E Lou 01-17-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radii (Post 3324042)
Why bother when we're going to have global martial law and Trump as world emperor in a few days.

Joking aside, I wonder if the proliferation of the Q conspiracies actually served a useful purpose here.

bronconick 01-17-2021 05:00 PM

There was like 20 armed folks at the Michigan Capitol, apparently. Most left after a half hour

whomario 01-17-2021 05:04 PM

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol | ProPublica

The 'Revolution' as seen on Parler. About 500 Videos compiled and put into a timeline.

sterlingice 01-17-2021 06:25 PM

Apparently Parler is back online, being hosted by far-right hosting company Epik whose CEO is named, I shit you not, Rob Monster.

Parler moves to Epik, domain known for hosting far-right content - Business Insider

SI

CrimsonFox 01-17-2021 06:57 PM

CrimsonFox 01-17-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 3324062)
Apparently Parler is back online, being hosted by far-right hosting company Epik whose CEO is named, I shit you not, Rob Monster.

Parler moves to Epik, domain known for hosting far-right content - Business Insider

SI

The FBI should make popcorn as they take down everyone's name and picture...

At least until it crashes and they can't figure out how to get it to work

Ksyrup 01-17-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronconick (Post 3324049)
There was like 20 armed folks at the Michigan Capitol, apparently. Most left after a half hour

A number of whom were purposely dressed in BLM/anti-Trump gear to give the right wing news media photo evidence to argue it wasn't pro-Trump people walking around with guns. Ridiculous.

kingfc22 01-17-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3324068)
The FBI should make popcorn as they take down everyone's name and picture...

At least until it crashes and they can't figure out how to get it to work

Some nice spots in hell for those execs/companies profiting off this BS

Ksyrup 01-17-2021 08:38 PM

Just do a private ceremony at the WH, sheesh!

@ZekeJMiller
WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense officials tell AP they fear possible inside attack at inauguration, will have National Guard troops vetted.

sterlingice 01-17-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3324076)
Just do a private ceremony at the WH, sheesh!

@ZekeJMiller
WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense officials tell AP they fear possible inside attack at inauguration, will have National Guard troops vetted.

Hell, do separate swearings in for Biden and Harris. I'm sure there are a lot of nuts who would love to take out Biden, Harris, and Roberts all at once.

SI

kingfc22 01-17-2021 09:40 PM

USA! USA! USA! ffs

PilotMan 01-17-2021 09:50 PM

This is a fantastic piece that will help shift perspective on who was there, and how things went down. Like most things, it's not nearly as simple as you're shown.

Why We Published More Than 500 Videos Taken by Parler Users of the Capitol Riot — ProPublica

CrimsonFox 01-17-2021 10:05 PM

405,399. We are closing in on that number. That's the number of US soldiers the nazis killed in World War 2. So in a sense, the nazis are trying to beat their high score.

LastWhiteSoxFanStanding 01-18-2021 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 3324091)
This is a fantastic piece that will help shift perspective on who was there, and how things went down. Like most things, it's not nearly as simple as you're shown.

Why We Published More Than 500 Videos Taken by Parler Users of the Capitol Riot — ProPublica

I didn't know about this website.

Thank you for posting.

GrantDawg 01-18-2021 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 3324091)

I am at the 1:51 videos. You can see how the attack built up. People seem to move over to the Capitol at the beginning of Trump's speech when he said that he would meet them there. They really thought he was coming, with some at the after 1:00pm mark thinking he was already there. The seemed to be a belief that Mike Pence had decertified Arizona, but then people started realizing that isn't what happened. Fascinating to me was Alex Jones on a bullhorn yelling at the crowd to back off the Capitol and not harm the police. He did at least try to stop it.
Edit: of course even in his plead, he said to come to his stage "where Trump will be entering the Capitol". They really did believe Trump was going to come in and take over the session.

Edward64 01-18-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 3324062)

SI

I personally struggle with the free speech angle. I do believe that Trump is a unique situation so am okay with that but then Greene etc. Who draws the line after a Trump?

Other than for a Trump, it has to be more than hate speech or encouraging a protest.

I don't know the right answer(s) but do have concerns on who make the decisions and where the lines are drawn.