Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW LXXXIII Marvel Universe - Game Over! Rebel victory! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=67863)

IronFist 10-13-2008 07:12 AM

Jean is showing as Phoenix on the front page. Likely means, she was a wolf kill and has risen from the deat as Phoenix??

IronFist 10-13-2008 07:13 AM

Well, Spidey is gone now, without a post.

HenryPym 10-13-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronFist (Post 1859109)
Jean is showing as Phoenix on the front page. Likely means, she was a wolf kill and has risen from the deat as Phoenix??

well if it was dark phoenix she would be a wolf for sure. But she's been just Phoenix during her career I think and was good then so hard to say for sure.

HenryPym 10-13-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronFist (Post 1859110)
Well, Spidey is gone now, without a post.

he's back maybe he will post now

HenryPym 10-13-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenryPym (Post 1859111)
well if it was dark phoenix she would be a wolf for sure. But she's been just Phoenix during her career I think and was good then so hard to say for sure.

Oh sorry I misread your comment. Yeah that's what it sounds like to me, but Jean was talking about how she could let it out when she was up for lynching

Mr.Fantastic 10-13-2008 07:22 AM

So by Jean Grey becoming the Phoenix, I assume this means that she was attacked last night and this is a second life form for her?

Also last night, I was able to open the portal to the negative zone. It is ready for use today. I don't have to wait until the night time to use it, I can transport someone there during the day time. We can use this either for protection or for punishment... the only thing to remember is that I am under the impression that anyone placed there is not necessarily there permanently and they might figure out a way out beyond a day or so. (in case we wanted to use it for punishment purposes).

Vision 10-13-2008 07:36 AM

It would appear that the evil ones are continuing their campaign to eliminate anyone with "seer" potential in this game. The landscape appears more muddled than ever.
Thankfully Jean is still alive, though unstable and dangerous in her current form.
Interestingly, she was one of my top suspects. An attempted wolf kill would seem to clear her, but since she intimated early in the game that she knew this would happen if she was attacked, what of the possibilty that this was an intentional play by the wolves to clear one of their own?
I stand very confused by events thus far.

Punisher 10-13-2008 07:38 AM

Sounds to me like she was attacked. We'll know more as soon as she wakes up from her beauty sleep.

Punisher 10-13-2008 07:40 AM

Wait, when she's this form can she actually communicate?

Punisher 10-13-2008 07:41 AM

Long time no see, Spiderman.

JeanGrey 10-13-2008 07:54 AM

I am indeed no more. Expect more from me soon.

Spider-Man 10-13-2008 08:03 AM

(OOC) Hello all. I've had computer troubles for the past couple of days. I'm back online now and catching up.

Mimic 10-13-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 1859090)
I'm about to head off to another funeral for a mob member, I find that to be an easy killing field. However, I need to share some information:

I interrogated Mimic last night, over the weekend, however you want to put it. That's why I said I was "low" on energy the other day without saying just how much I had. Truthfully, I had enough to perform a one time action...which was my 'create a power'.

When interrogating, I couldn't ask, "Are you a rebel? Are you loyal to Doom?" or anything like that. I had to ask a question about a statement made in the game.

I felt it might be easiest to ping on anyone that said, "I used X energy in X mission". I thought Mimic's response of using 15 EP on a mission was pretty insane given that it failed.

Mimic was telling the truth. Sorry about the waterboarding, Mimic.

Based on that, I can trust Mimic is on our side and loyal to Doom. I've also got enough energy to contribute to a mission as well.

Thanks Frankie. I rather enjoyed the waterboarding and was happy you didn't resort to trapping a rat on my chest with a steel can and then heating it up.

Mimic 10-13-2008 08:37 AM

Well, based upon the Herald list I came up with earlier I'm voting for Iron Fist. He hasn't done much and if he can delay Galactus, I'd like to know what he's doing about it. I think the list of possible rebels is everyone at this point (with the exception of Doom....and Frank you made my list at least).

Possible Heralds
Mr. Fantastic
Iron Fist
Firebird
Aardwolf
Nick Fury
Spider Man

STANDARD ATTACK IRON FIST

Punisher 10-13-2008 08:37 AM

Frank's dead. He died with his family. When I see him again, I'll give him your regards.

Mimic 10-13-2008 08:39 AM

You keep sayin that, but I know there's a soft place in your heart for Micro.

Mimic 10-13-2008 08:40 AM

Iron Fist was in the thread this morning and had nothing to say except ask a couple of questions and throw out that Spidey was in the thread. Thanks for contributing to our fight against the rebels and Galactus...

Mimic 10-13-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision (Post 1859121)
It would appear that the evil ones are continuing their campaign to eliminate anyone with "seer" potential in this game. The landscape appears more muddled than ever.
Thankfully Jean is still alive, though unstable and dangerous in her current form.
Interestingly, she was one of my top suspects. An attempted wolf kill would seem to clear her, but since she intimated early in the game that she knew this would happen if she was attacked, what of the possibilty that this was an intentional play by the wolves to clear one of their own?
I stand very confused by events thus far.

You seem to be speaking more...human this morning.

Punisher 10-13-2008 08:42 AM

The only soft spot I have is for dealing punishment to those that deserve it.

Spider-Man 10-13-2008 08:53 AM

Ok. I'm finally caught up. Sorry about my absence over the past few days, but I am back up and running and available to bash the baddies (although I'm disappointed that there's no mission today for me to join).

KangtheConqueror 10-13-2008 08:56 AM

Ok, I'm caught up (phew). So no one died last night? Or did Jean get attacked and get switched to the Phoenix.

So confused.

Punisher 10-13-2008 08:57 AM

With you being caught up and all, what are your thoughts thus far?

Firebird 10-13-2008 09:14 AM

Last night I was attacked by Beast, and luckily, I am immune to his form of attack.

Firebird 10-13-2008 09:14 AM

Standard Attack on Beast

Firebird 10-13-2008 09:18 AM

I suspect that the rebels keyed into my claim that sometimes, i have visions and precognitions, and have attacked me as a result.

KangtheConqueror 10-13-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 1859151)
With you being caught up and all, what are your thoughts thus far?

Me? Well, nothing really new. Though I'm curious to find out more about Firebirds claim here. He/She (not sure) led us down one wrong path and I'm weary of falling for that rope-a-dope twice.

Other than that, I saw the Colossus thing a mile away, so while I don't know if my final attack (on JG, I had wanted to go with Scarlet Witch but was told not to) is correct I think there must be issues within that vote.

Quicksilver 10-13-2008 09:18 AM

Last night? So you think he tried to night kill you?

Firebird 10-13-2008 09:19 AM

Oh, and in case anyone cares, the attack was in the form of a atrange form of radiation.

Quicksilver 10-13-2008 09:19 AM

Too slow I guess.

Quicksilver 10-13-2008 09:19 AM

Too slow I guess.

Firebird 10-13-2008 09:20 AM

The description was that Beast attacked me with his fangs and from them poured strange radiation, and he mauled my throat and left me for dead, thinking me dead.

Punisher 10-13-2008 09:22 AM

I'll go with Firebird for now.

ATTACK BEAST

DrDoom 10-13-2008 09:33 AM

Doom is greatly disappointed. Jean Grey was indeed a loyal subject, and I can only hope that this Phoenix supports Doom as fiercely.

Without a mission to stop these rebels Doom is unsure how to proceed. He will put his energies into stopping Galactus for good, and meanwhile hope to out a traitor.

Beast, barring explanation of this you will face the fury of us all.

HenryPym 10-13-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimic (Post 1859142)
Well, based upon the Herald list I came up with earlier I'm voting for Iron Fist. He hasn't done much and if he can delay Galactus, I'd like to know what he's doing about it. I think the list of possible rebels is everyone at this point (with the exception of Doom....and Frank you made my list at least).

Possible Heralds
Mr. Fantastic
Iron Fist
Firebird
Aardwolf
Nick Fury
Spider Man

STANDARD ATTACK IRON FIST

I'm curious Mimic, do you think that at any point in the game, the Herald might have tried to make you look evil and/or attack you in an attempt to get you out of the game?

HenryPym 10-13-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Man (Post 1859149)
Ok. I'm finally caught up. Sorry about my absence over the past few days, but I am back up and running and available to bash the baddies (although I'm disappointed that there's no mission today for me to join).

So Spiderman, please give us more than this. Who do you suspect? Do you think you will be better on a Galactus mission or a rebel one and why? Do you think we should focus on the rebels missions like like Lord Doom suggests? What do you think of the people who have attacked you during the game?

KangtheConqueror 10-13-2008 09:44 AM

Well, I still want to hear from Jean Grey on her issue (if she switched to Phoenix due to an attack then I worry how we had 2 attacks) but for now, I'm inclined to go with Firebird again

Standard Attack Beast

Punisher 10-13-2008 09:48 AM

Nothing quite surprises me in a game that consists of this crew.

DrDoom 10-13-2008 09:51 AM

Firebird, why is it you think you survived such a ferocious attack? Is it due to a power you possess?

HenryPym 10-13-2008 09:56 AM

I believe I shall wait and see Beast's reaction to this and who might come to his defense before attacking him.

Also this either means the rebels got two attacks (possibly a reward from the mission?) or Jean self-initiated her transformation.

Magneto 10-13-2008 10:07 AM

[ooc] I am trying to catch up while watching the little one. It may take me a while[\ooc]

DrDoom 10-13-2008 10:08 AM

Mimic, were you made aware of this interrogation during the night?

Firebird 10-13-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 1859191)
Firebird, why is it you think you survived such a ferocious attack? Is it due to a power you possess?

I have displayed an innate immunity to heat (obviously) radiation poison disease and in fact am rumored to be immortal.

Quicksilver 10-13-2008 10:11 AM

Didn't Jean indicate that she would transform if she took damage? Thus gaining power? Did anyone attack her in the last frame?

Firebird 10-13-2008 10:18 AM

Actually I have just received a missive that I was killed last night. the radiation part of the attack did not harm me, but Beast's claws and fangs were sufficient to kill me, so I am dead and my spirit lingers. I can feel God tugging at my spirit, calling me home. I beleive I will be leaving you later tonight. Do not worry or fear death, for it has no sting, only the loving embrace of finality and understanding.

For today, I will go on a mission and vote for Beast. I will use up my remaining power in order to help out my liege Dr. Doom, and then will move on to the next plane of existance. Do not fear, for one can never truly die so long as one has a soul and spirit that iis the core of one;s being. The fleshly body is just a suit that one puts on, and must, in time, take off again.

Perhaps you shall see me again some day. I rather doubt this will be my last parting with you.

DrDoom 10-13-2008 10:22 AM

It would seem people are hard to kill around here. So, your body was killed, Firebird, but you have the ability to linger after death. Most interesting to Doom.

Doom will have no mission for you today, so it would seem you must use your energy up on your attack or any special powers you have, Firebird.

ALL HAIL DOOM

Quicksilver 10-13-2008 10:22 AM

Wierd....

HenryPym 10-13-2008 10:26 AM

there are no missions today anyway

DrDoom 10-13-2008 10:28 AM

Quicksilver, I believe Jean did take damage, but I'm not sure that that was the only time she has. The fact that it happened at night rather than during the day suggests to Doom that this was a result of a kill.

Firebird 10-13-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 1859203)
It would seem people are hard to kill around here. So, your body was killed, Firebird, but you have the ability to linger after death. Most interesting to Doom.

Doom will have no mission for you today, so it would seem you must use your energy up on your attack or any special powers you have, Firebird.

ALL HAIL DOOM

Then I will do so.

JeanGrey 10-13-2008 10:39 AM

[ooc]I have registered a new account, as Phoenix, but can't post yet since SD hasn't approved it. So I'm going to post as JeanGrey til that happens, but I am Phoenix now.[/ooc]

Firebird I am quite concerned that you say you were attacked. I know I was attacked. Indeed the evidence of my being attacked is here and clear now. It had nothing to do with the attacks (votes) leveled against me during the day. I parried those like the fly swats they were.

No, my attackers were quite clear in trying to kill me. They used some sort of device which blocked my telenkenetic powers and indeed made me hear the screams of thousands inside my head. I was then shot by commandos, who were quite sure I was dead. And Jean Grey? She was dead. But the Phoenix force inside of me would not die. The 4 commandos soon felt what it would be like to experience death. I do not respond well to being attacked.