Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96929)

NobodyHere 02-19-2021 07:38 AM

Fun Fact: Several top Bigfoot researchers now believe that the creature in the picture is female. They claim that it clearly has lady sized breasts or "sexual nerves".

Bee 02-19-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3327976)
Fun Fact: Several top Bigfoot researchers now believe that the creature in the picture is female. They claim that it clearly has lady sized breasts or "sexual nerves".

It also appears pregnant

BYU 14 02-19-2021 08:16 AM

To be fair so does Ted

Bee 02-19-2021 08:26 AM

I might have been looking at the wrong picture.

Ksyrup 02-19-2021 08:41 AM

I'm not going to watch the video, but I see all sorts of posts about Trump Jr blaming the TX debacle on a Democrat Governor. Is he that big a dumbass about who is currently the TX governor, or is he blaming a former TX governor or another state's governor for what is clearly a TX problem? I mean, they took themselves off the national grid for chrissakes!

Lathum 02-19-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3327982)
I'm not going to watch the video, but I see all sorts of posts about Trump Jr blaming the TX debacle on a Democrat Governor. Is he that big a dumbass about who is currently the TX governor, or is he blaming a former TX governor or another state's governor for what is clearly a TX problem? I mean, they took themselves off the national grid for chrissakes!

I haven't watched the video either, but I am seeing a lot on social media about it and the argument is being made he was making a sweeping generalization about democratic governors in general.

Regardless, it is really pathetic how he is trying to be like his father and fail miserably at it.

JPhillips 02-19-2021 09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure Jr. was saying that the media, based in NY, wasn't criticizing Cuomo, but he said it in a hard-to-follow manner.

And he's wrong, Cuomo is all over the media, but Jr lying is to be expected.

GrantDawg 02-19-2021 10:50 AM

Ted Cruz is a woman? That is not the twist I expected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NobodyHere 02-19-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrantDawg (Post 3327998)
Ted Cruz is a woman? That is not the twist I expected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well if you expected it then it wouldn't be a very good twist would it?

Ksyrup 02-19-2021 02:35 PM

thesloppy 02-19-2021 03:17 PM

:lol:

BYU 14 02-19-2021 03:32 PM

Genius

Qwikshot 02-19-2021 03:54 PM

Isn't Ted Cruz celebrating the Republican philosophy in a nutshell which is when something bad happens it's on you to figure it out and help yourself, not government?

sterlingice 02-20-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3327983)
I haven't watched the video either, but I am seeing a lot on social media about it and the argument is being made he was making a sweeping generalization about democratic governors in general.

Regardless, it is really pathetic how he is trying to be like his father and fail miserably at it.

It's why I've never believed the people who talked about a Trump Dynasty. Trump's Trumpiness extends to exactly one person in his family: Donald Trump. Not Don Jr. Not Ivanka. Not Kushner. Not Eric or Barron - lol. I'm sure there will be another Trumpian fascist - they just won't be in the Trump family.

SI

miami_fan 02-22-2021 12:35 PM

Wait! MyPillow guy actually had "QAnon" as a discount promo code for his website?

BYU 14 02-22-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miami_fan (Post 3328221)
Wait! MyPillow guy actually had "QAnon" as a discount promo code for his website?

LOL, how does someone that fucking wacky and broken get to his level of success? Man, Murica!

JediKooter 02-22-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU 14 (Post 3328223)
LOL, how does someone that fucking wacky and broken get to his level of success? Man, Murica!

I think if we can find the answer to that question, it will also answer the question of why are the kardasians so popular. It would be like the unified field theory, but, for people like them, haha!

Thomkal 02-22-2021 02:03 PM

Supreme Court ruled today that the grand jury in NY can have access to Trump's tax returns. I think (God I hope) that this is the last challenge Trump has on this

albionmoonlight 02-22-2021 02:32 PM

I am guessing that the tax returns will show criminal conduct, but it will be complicated and obfuscated and hard for the layperson to understand.

We aren't going to find cancelled checks from Putin with "For Treason" in the memo line.

It will be hundreds of pages of financial filings, and the crimes will be things like "used an unreasonable estimate of depreciation of certain assets in a way that improperly induced certain entities to offer terms on loans that they would not have otherwise offered."

Not gonna change any minds.

Ksyrup 02-22-2021 02:37 PM

Does anyone care if it changes minds? I can only believe that the long play people like McConnell are hoping for is that Trump will be charged with one or more crimes that will either tie him up during his next run for presidency or (less likely) result in him pleading or being found guilty which would effectively end his political career - at least with a major party. I can't imagine the GOP putting up a presidential candidate under indictment. As a matter of fact, I kinda hope NY doesn't indict him until around this time in 2023.

Atocep 02-22-2021 02:38 PM

"He's a businessman. Everyone does it."

PilotMan 02-22-2021 02:41 PM

Capone went to jail on tax evasion and they made a movie about it and celebrated the win. Today, if trump went to jail for tax evasion people would be like, "so? that's not a real crime" and "it's not what you said he did, why can't you catch him on the 'bad' stuff?" and the scoffing would go on and on. idc which way you get him, but get him, because it's obvious that he's been skirting the law for decades.

NobodyHere 02-22-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU 14 (Post 3328223)

I always figured MyPillow was some kind of front for distributing crack.

ETA: I think I'll start my own crack distribution network. Is "MyCrack" being used?

Thomkal 02-22-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3328229)
Does anyone care if it changes minds? I can only believe that the long play people like McConnell are hoping for is that Trump will be charged with one or more crimes that will either tie him up during his next run for presidency or (less likely) result in him pleading or being found guilty which would effectively end his political career - at least with a major party. I can't imagine the GOP putting up a presidential candidate under indictment. As a matter of fact, I kinda hope NY doesn't indict him until around this time in 2023.

I think the GOP as a whole would love it if everyone named Trump was under indictment so they could use that as an excuse to "turn" from them. I mean more than they already have by trying to overthrow the government of course.

I think whatever they find will be difficult to explain to you or I unless you are a tax lawyer.

cuervo72 02-22-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 3328224)
I think if we can find the answer to that question, it will also answer the question of why are the kardasians so popular. It would be like the unified field theory, but, for people like them, haha!

I've been watching things when ads for Floribama Shore come on. And I'm just...why?

JPhillips 02-22-2021 08:49 PM

At least as big a danger as jail is Trump getting civil sued to bankruptcy. All the evidence of inflating assets for loans can come back in civil cases.

JediKooter 02-23-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo72 (Post 3328237)
I've been watching things when ads for Floribama Shore come on. And I'm just...why?

I hear you man. I will never get it. Maybe I'm just predisposed to avoid 'drama' and 'gossip'. I don't watch things like the Bachelor or Tiger King, Survivor, etc...because all of them have their foundations based on some kind of drama (usually manufactured by the producers) and is completely uninteresting. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some mindless entertainment now and then, but, how shitty or backstabbing people can act towards one another is not entertainment to me. If I want cheesy drama, I'll go watch an old episode of the A-Team.

molson 02-23-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 3328267)
I hear you man. I will never get it. Maybe I'm just predisposed to avoid 'drama' and 'gossip'. I don't watch things like the Bachelor or Tiger King, Survivor, etc...because all of them have their foundations based on some kind of drama (usually manufactured by the producers) and is completely uninteresting. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some mindless entertainment now and then, but, how shitty or backstabbing people can act towards one another is not entertainment to me. If I want cheesy drama, I'll go watch an old episode of the A-Team.

I would have said this 5 years ago but I'm falling into the vortex a little a bit. There's a few I watch when I do other things. I may have gotten my girlfriend a Cameo from a noted reality show F-level celebrity. It's kind of like watching Family Guy to me, or pro wrestling, like it's an over-the-top cartoon, and it's funny when people do horrible and ridiculous things because they're not real people. They're all parodies of life.

sterlingice 02-23-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 3328267)

I'm on this train, too. If there's going to be manufactured drama, I want the good guys to win and the bad guys to lose (see: A-Team). Not something where there are no literal winners or losers, only, well, a bunch of losers. To me, that's just nihilism. And a mean-spirited nihilism at that.

SI

JediKooter 02-23-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3328272)
I would have said this 5 years ago but I'm falling into the vortex a little a bit. There's a few I watch when I do other things. I may have gotten my girlfriend a Cameo from a noted reality show F-level celebrity. It's kind of like watching Family Guy to me, or pro wrestling, like it's an over-the-top cartoon, and it's funny when people do horrible and ridiculous things because they're not real people. They're all parodies of life.

Oh right on. Hopefully she has a good experience with it if it happens, since I know it can help kick start peoples careers. Love Family Guy and old school WWF! Obviously these shows are popular, so as long as there's a market, they will keep making them haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice
I'm on this train, too. If there's going to be manufactured drama, I want the good guys to win and the bad guys to lose (see: A-Team). Not something where there are no literal winners or losers, only, well, a bunch of losers. To me, that's just nihilism. And a mean-spirited nihilism at that.

SI

Exactly! I think that's part of why I don't those certain shows, it's that mean-spirited nihilism. I think that mean spiritedness is what draws many people to someone like trump or the my pillow guy.

albionmoonlight 02-25-2021 08:56 AM

Trump's taxes officially in the Manhattan DAs office. Apparently it is millions of pages.

I've thought that a good progressive slogan to run on isn't "I will make your taxes simpler."

It is "I will make millionaires' and billionaires' taxes simpler."

The complexity of the tax code does not apply to 99% of us. It is all there so guys like Trump can pay lawyers hundreds of thousands so that he can get out of paying the government hundreds of thousands.

Maybe I'm just jealous I didn't go into tax law :-)

Ksyrup 02-25-2021 09:01 AM

I'm not jealous. God I hated tax law class. Worst grade of my law school career.

albionmoonlight 02-25-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3328464)
I'm not jealous. God I hated tax law class. Worst grade of my law school career.

That's how I felt about IP. Hated the class and got my worst grade in it.

I actually really liked tax. They were like little math/logic problems.

I didn't have any sort of a business background, and I wanted to do litigation more than planning/corporate, so it didn't really make sense to pursue it further. But it was strangely enjoyable for a semester.

JPhillips 02-25-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 3328462)
Trump's taxes officially in the Manhattan DAs office. Apparently it is millions of pages.

I've thought that a good progressive slogan to run on isn't "I will make your taxes simpler."

It is "I will make millionaires' and billionaires' taxes simpler."

The complexity of the tax code does not apply to 99% of us. It is all there so guys like Trump can pay lawyers hundreds of thousands so that he can get out of paying the government hundreds of thousands.

Maybe I'm just jealous I didn't go into tax law :-)

We'll never have a flat tax because the current system works well for the 1%.

molson 02-25-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 3328465)
That's how I felt about IP. Hated the class and got my worst grade in it.

I actually really liked tax. They were like little math/logic problems.

I didn't have any sort of a business background, and I wanted to do litigation more than planning/corporate, so it didn't really make sense to pursue it further. But it was strangely enjoyable for a semester.

I also really liked tax - it was a nice break from everything else in that it felt like there was a specific tangible answer to work towards, rather than just applying a legal standard to facts. I even took two semesters of it and floated in my head the idea of a Tax LLM if I couldn't find a good job. Wills and & Trusts was kind of similar, I liked solving a problem of where the money goes in a messy family situation.

I also really liked Business Associations. I think that was the 2L/3L course I took that was the most real-world useful, in terms of understanding why businesses do what they do and don't do.

I was afraid of IP. I enjoyed its dumbed-down second-cousin Copyright though.

Vince, Pt. II 02-25-2021 11:01 AM

Some of my best friends are attorneys, and since meeting them I've become fascinated with finding out how they picked their areas of expertise. My best friend is a Family Law attorney, and I just have no idea how he handles it.

molson 02-25-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II (Post 3328477)
Some of my best friends are attorneys, and since meeting them I've become fascinated with finding out how they picked their areas of expertise. My best friend is a Family Law attorney, and I just have no idea how he handles it.

I was working towards being a city attorney, that seemed like the right fit for me. I spent my first law school summer working in a city attorney's office. In looking for a 2L summer job, I basically cold-called an Alaska city about working in their office - they said, well, we already have a law student there, but do you want to be a prosecutor for the summer? I had never considered doing that before, but enjoyed it and gained a ton of experience up there, and here I am 15 years later still in that general field. I still tried to be a city attorney, I interviewed in New York and Chicago and a bunch of other places, but the prosecutor's offices were much more interested in me because I had already done multiple trials by the time I graduated.

For us non-elite students, from non-elite schools, you have to be a bit flexible with what opportunities present themselves. But I created a resume that made it clear I was interested in public service, so that probably helped too.

I have a friend who just became a judge and has been thrown into Family law stuff. I don't know how handles it. But he is not the same. I wonder if he regrets taking the job, it seems incredibly grueling.

Lathum 02-25-2021 12:22 PM

Omg. I just drove past a house in my neighborhood. They always had a Trump flag. Took it down right after the 6th. Today I noticed it was replaced. With a space force flag.

Ksyrup 02-25-2021 12:56 PM

I knew I wanted to be some sort of "transactional" lawyer - I never much cared for trial work - and I fell into insurance regulation/administrative law by clerking for the Department of Insurance during law school. One of the great/underrated things about a law school in a state capitol is all of the government clerking opportunities. After 5 years of clerking/practicing, I was able to make the leap to a firm. Specific regulatory expertise pays well, so while my buddies were trying to make it on huge billable hour requirements billing $100/hour, I was billing triple that. I think when I left private practice in 2012 for an in-house insurance position, I was billing near $600/hour.

So, I landed in a good field of expertise, but it was completely arbitrary. I had no clue what I was going to do when I went to law school.

JPhillips 02-25-2021 06:10 PM

lol

McConnell said that if Trump is the 24 nominee, he'll support him.

BYU 14 02-25-2021 06:20 PM

Gawd McConnell is a slithering piece of shit

albionmoonlight 02-26-2021 05:48 AM

"Bob, we need to throw a bone to the Evangelicals at CPAC. Any ideas?"

"Well, you know I'm not a big Bible guy, but I remember something about worshiping golden idols. I'm pretty sure that they were into that. Or maybe against it? No, I think they liked it. Well, anyway, something about worshiping golden idols."

"Sounds great. Senator Graham has a statute that I'm sure he'd be happy to lend us."

Lathum 02-26-2021 06:20 AM

That statue is. Something else.

albionmoonlight 02-26-2021 06:34 AM

A political party should probably not abandon decades of principles and decide to stand for nothing except for the worship of one man.

But the GOP decided to do that. OK. Fine. I disagree, but that's not really an issue.

What I STILL don't get is why THIS man? He's one of the worst people in the world. His only redeeming quality is that he fell out of a vagina that happened to be in a family with lots of money.

You could group up every conservative in the country and pick natural born citizens over age 35 at random and you would probably have to get several thousand in before you found someone worse than him.

Have a living god. Pray to your golden calf. Weep with joy at the wonders of Dear Leader. But, you know, maybe pick a better Dear Leader?

Ben E Lou 02-26-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 3328553)
What I STILL don't get is why THIS man?

Because he makes leftists madder than any other politician in our lifetime. It ain't that hard. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. *shurg*

albionmoonlight 02-26-2021 06:43 AM

*albion looks at self posting about Trump in late February*

You might have a point, Ben.

ISiddiqui 02-26-2021 09:02 AM

https://www.indy100.com/news/trump-c...tatue-b1807946

Sooo... This is normal, right?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

BYU 14 02-26-2021 09:43 AM

Sure, I have one of myself in every room of the house.

These folks are really in a dark, delusional place and they deserve where it will take them.

Lathum 02-26-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU 14 (Post 3328567)
Sure, I have one of myself in every room of the house.

These folks are really in a dark, delusional place and they deserve where it will take them.

Problem is they could very well take us all with them.

RainMaker 02-26-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3328551)
That statue is. Something else.

Definitely not a cult.