Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96929)

Galaril 11-15-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3314085)
Of all the right wing shills in the world I think Jesse Waters is the one I would like to punch in the dick the most, and that is saying something.

It is tie between him and his buddy Guttfeld.

Lathum 11-15-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaril (Post 3314104)
It is tie between him and his buddy Guttfeld.

Guttfeld is a close second.

The faux indignation they show is just so irritating. It amazes me people thing any of them are even remotely genuine.

kingfc22 11-15-2020 11:04 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...trump-economy/

Quote:

The parts of America that have seen strong job, population and economic growth in the past four years voted for Joe Biden, economic researchers found. In contrast, President Trump garnered his highest vote shares in counties that had some of the most sluggish job, population and economic growth during his term

sterlingice 11-15-2020 11:10 AM

Once again, "It's the economy, stupid"

SI

whomario 11-16-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo72 (Post 3313872)
It's too bad Twitter can't vary/get creative with their disclaimers.

"Official sources called this election differently"
"This is patently false"
"Yet again, this is a complete lie"
"Yeah...where to start with this one"
"Look, this is just crazy-pants bad"

Well, ain't that creepy:

;)

ISiddiqui 11-16-2020 09:36 AM

… can Cuervo get royalties? ;)

Ben E Lou 11-16-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3314094)
This is where I'm really concerned about Parler (or something else) and OANN (or something else) becoming the "safe spaces" for much of the right.

"...the ONLY ones providing truthful, accurate numbers..."

ISiddiqui 11-16-2020 10:12 AM

My wife downloaded Parler because her parents are now on it... she lasted 5 minutes before she deleted it.

albionmoonlight 11-16-2020 10:47 AM

If people really want Trump to concede, they need to be pointing out every court loss (think he's up to 25 now) and make sure he thinks that we are laughing at him every time.

Atocep 11-16-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 3314253)
My wife downloaded Parler because her parents are now on it... she lasted 5 minutes before she deleted it.

My wife's family has already asked if she's moving to Parler and she told them no. She then got into a into argument with a friend over it because she was trying to tell my wife that Facebook suppresses conservative voices. My wife pointed out that Facebook has Trump donors like Peter Thiel on the board and Zuckerberg has met with Trump multiple times. It went nowhere. She still insisted liberals are given a louder voice on Facebook.

The Trump cult thing is getting worse. Reasonable people are refusing to accept facts that go against alt-right talking points.

JPhillips 11-16-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3314252)
"...the ONLY ones providing truthful, accurate numbers..."

The visual and audio quality reminds me of a local station in Huntington, WV.

albionmoonlight 11-16-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3314263)
My wife's family has already asked if she's moving to Parler and she told them no. She then got into a into argument with a friend over it because she was trying to tell my wife that Facebook suppresses conservative voices. My wife pointed out that Facebook has Trump donors like Peter Thiel on the board and Zuckerberg has met with Trump multiple times. It went nowhere. She still insisted liberals are given a louder voice on Facebook.

The Trump cult thing is getting worse. Reasonable people are refusing to accept facts that go against alt-right talking points.

When conservatism conflicted with democracy, conservatives chose to abandon democracy.

I guess it shouldn't surprise us too much what their response would be when conservatism started to conflict with reality.

albionmoonlight 11-16-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 3314265)
The visual and audio quality reminds me of a local station in Huntington, WV.

I do think that people are getting way ahead of things predicting the demise of Fox and the rise of OANN/Newsmax/Trump TV/Russian State Television/whatever.

Fox has A+ broadcast quality. Fox has A+ marketing arms. Fox is an established player who understands this stuff.

Fox hasn't bothered even trying to crush these upstarts in the same way that an elephant doesn't really bother trying to crush a flea. Or Warner Brothers doesn't care about some indie studio in Portland trying to "reinvent movies."

But if Fox decides that these Nazi public access guys are competition and starts treating them accordingly, I think that Fox will be just fine.

cuervo72 11-16-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 3314246)
… can Cuervo get royalties? ;)

It's the same alert from the 11/13 tweet, I just used it as a jumping-off point.

sterlingice 11-16-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 3314271)
I do think that people are getting way ahead of things predicting the demise of Fox and the rise of OANN/Newsmax/Trump TV/Russian State Television/whatever.

Fox has A+ broadcast quality. Fox has A+ marketing arms. Fox is an established player who understands this stuff.

Fox hasn't bothered even trying to crush these upstarts in the same way that an elephant doesn't really bother trying to crush a flea. Or Warner Brothers doesn't care about some indie studio in Portland trying to "reinvent movies."

But if Fox decides that these Nazi public access guys are competition and starts treating them accordingly, I think that Fox will be just fine.

That's what a reasonable conservative friend of mine has said. If they wanted to, they could crush these little upstarts. If Trump doesn't play ball, he thinks Murdoch and the wealthy GOP donors will train all his guns on him and clear out the competition. But so long as they all feed the Fox ecosystem, they're allowed to survive. I'm not so certain - once you've had a hit of that sweet, sweet OANN-esque conspiracy theory, do you need more and more?

SI

albionmoonlight 11-16-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 3314291)
That's what a reasonable conservative friend of mine has said. If they wanted to, they could crush these little upstarts. If Trump doesn't play ball, he thinks Murdoch and the wealthy GOP donors will train all his guns on him and clear out the competition. But so long as they all feed the Fox ecosystem, they're allowed to survive. I'm not so certain - once you've had a hit of that sweet, sweet OANN-esque conspiracy theory, do you need more and more?

SI

It just seems to always play out the same way.

We all bitch about EA and Madden. But anytime someone starts a competing football game, we don't buy it.

We all complain about ESPN, but who do we end up watching?

We say that Hollywood movies are all cookie cutter and formulaic. But look at where we spend our dollars.

ISiddiqui 11-16-2020 01:39 PM

I mean I'm sure FOX has enough dirt (that would actually move the needle for conservatives) on Trump that they don't have to worry too much. And Fox News is on basic cable unlike OANN and the sort.

Atocep 11-16-2020 05:32 PM

I can only imagine what things on Parler are like because I've seen multiple people post in recent days something to the effect of "patriots on alternative social media sites are prepared to take America back".

Flasch186 11-16-2020 05:55 PM

Well if any of them are Realtors they just passed an article to their code of ethics that states that they can't post harassing or hate speech trained at any "protected class," ANYTIME. That's a big change. They used to say it was only when performing their duties as a Realtor but now it's literally any time so.... get ready for some people to touch the fire on Parler and get turned in and lose their license to work as Realtors. For a while, they'll view Parler as fogged windows or curtains but soon they'll find out that it was a screen porch.

HerRealName 11-16-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3314365)
I can only imagine what things on Parler are like because I've seen multiple people post in recent days something to the effect of "patriots on alternative social media sites are prepared to take America back".

r/parlerwatch has started up. I think it's safe to say that it is exactly what you expect.

Lathum 11-16-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerRealName (Post 3314370)
r/parlerwatch has started up. I think it's safe to say that it is exactly what you expect.

good lord...

molson 11-16-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerRealName (Post 3314370)

That's a very informative sub.

I just learned that that Dems are tainting donuts with COVID.

PilotMan 11-16-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3314385)
That's a very informative sub.

I just learned that that Dems are tainting donuts with COVID.

Tell me more of these donuts you speak of.

GrantDawg 11-17-2020 05:41 AM

Mmmmmmmm...forbidden donuts.

Lathum 11-17-2020 07:00 AM

Its the perfect explanation. The donuts give you diabetes, then the tainted one gives you the rona, when you die of the rona it was because you had a pre existing condition.

molson 11-17-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 3314406)
Tell me more of these donuts you speak of.

They're pretty ordinary. Except for the COVID sprinkles.

CrimsonFox 11-17-2020 12:56 PM

my money's still on bullet to the head. As far as who does it, that's still up for grabs

CrimsonFox 11-17-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3314436)
They're pretty ordinary. Except for the COVID sprinkles.

:lol:

JPhillips 11-17-2020 01:05 PM

Rudy wants 20k a day to represent Trump. How can Rudy believe that Trump will ever pay him?

AlexB 11-17-2020 01:16 PM

If he does manage to somehow get his coup through, good money says this comes up in Senate within the next four years. Lifetime immunity and resetting term counts? They’ll be all over that!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54979804

Ksyrup 11-17-2020 05:37 PM

I'm not sure what's going to happen first - me damning this country to hell, or it going straight there on its own.

Atocep 11-17-2020 05:50 PM

That punts it over to the Secretary of State for certification. As far as Biden winning goes, it does nothing, but this just further cements the fact that we're unlikely to have another normal election.

Ksyrup 11-17-2020 05:52 PM

He effing won Michigan by 150K votes and there's not been a single credible allegation of fraud.

Atocep 11-17-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3314512)
He effing won Michigan by 150K votes and there's not been a single credible allegation of fraud.

They're digging in on something they've previously been ok with.

Quote:

The decision came after a number of absentee ballot poll books were found to be out of balance, a situation that did not stop the same board from certifying results in the August primary or the November 2016 election results.

kingfc22 11-17-2020 05:56 PM

The last election was an 11k difference and not a peep. Fuck this political party

Swaggs 11-17-2020 05:57 PM

There is absolutely no consequence for bad behavior any longer. Not held accountable by voters because everyone is so partisan and laws are only selectively applied or enforced. If leaders have no fear of consequence from the people they represent or the law, we are headed in a real bad direction.

RainMaker 11-17-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3314511)
That punts it over to the Secretary of State for certification. As far as Biden winning goes, it does nothing, but this just further cements the fact that we're unlikely to have another normal election.

Tough to have democratic elections when one party does not believe in democracy.

Atocep 11-17-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 3314518)
Tough to have democratic elections when one party does not believe in democracy.

And it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. If dems fight back then it's "both sides" and "respect democratic norms". If they don't then we don't have a democracy and it's dems fault for not putting forward better candidates.

ISiddiqui 11-17-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3314511)

Right and the SecState of Michigan said she'd certify the votes regardless of what the County does.

JPhillips 11-17-2020 06:47 PM

Dems could at least have a coordinated message of outrage. Staying silent and moving on won't dissuade the GOP from going further next time.

bhlloy 11-17-2020 06:48 PM

That and the fact we have an outgoing president actively trying to tank the economy, cause crises around the world that could actively lead to war and screw over American citizens just to scorch the earth for the next guy because he can't handle losing.

After the initial relief of Biden winning, the last few days has firmly got back into "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" territory to be perfectly honest. We've maybe got a reprieve for 2 or 4 years and we're right back here in 2024 is the best case scenario.

Butter 11-17-2020 06:50 PM

4 years is just long enough for me to get my shit together and move out of this shithole country

Ksyrup 11-17-2020 07:02 PM

I told my wife 3 months ago that after the election, I was going to put in motion step 1 of my Canada 2030 plan. I wasn't joking, and even though Trump didn't win, I don't see any reason not to start the due diligence.

sterlingice 11-17-2020 07:05 PM

We've been kicking this around, too. Not so easy, though

SI

RainMaker 11-17-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3314510)
I'm not sure what's going to happen first - me damning this country to hell, or it going straight there on its own.

You will be shocked to find that one of the guys has a ton of racist Facebook posts and seems sort of in on Q.

bhlloy 11-17-2020 07:08 PM

We backed off our plans after the Biden win (even finalizing our refi we've had in the fire for a while and making some other long term things) but I wish I'd stuck more to my guns to be honest. My wife could work in one of 20 countries worldwide if she wanted with a few months notice and as a fallback I have a UK passport (which is obviously a lot less valuable than it was a year ago as well, which is almost as depressing)

Lathum 11-17-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3314528)
I told my wife 3 months ago that after the election, I was going to put in motion step 1 of my Canada 2030 plan. I wasn't joking, and even though Trump didn't win, I don't see any reason not to start the due diligence.

My wife was offered a role in England with her company. We could live in the same town as her sister and our nieces, brother in law, and his family. Had Trump won we would have given it serious thought.

GrantDawg 11-17-2020 08:18 PM

Wayne County reverses course and unanimously certifies. A few minutes after, Trump send a tweet praising them for not certifying. Oops.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thomkal 11-17-2020 08:37 PM

And about 20 minutes or so after Trump and his Press Secretary praised them for their bravery

bronconick 11-17-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrantDawg (Post 3314536)
Wayne County reverses course and unanimously certifies. A few minutes after, Trump send a tweet praising them for not certifying. Oops.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Options

#1: They may have checked their social media as their names, workplaces became common knowledge and decided it wasn't worth committing hari-kiri for the Fanta Menace

#2 The Secretary of State told them it was going to happen anyway

#3 They remembered they live in Detroit and would eventually have to go outside.