Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Official 2019 College Football Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96075)

JonInMiddleGA 10-08-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 3252791)
I am BYU blue at heart, but through Proxy of marriage, I have been slowly becoming a Husky fan.

I have this relationship with Tennessee.

I call it being a Vol-in-Law

jbergey22 10-09-2019 10:01 PM

Fantastic 98 yard drive ending in a touchdown for App St to remain undefeated. They have been an impressive squad 2 straight years.

dawgfan 10-09-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 3252791)
He was scared of this game, he knew his team wasn't ready. But isn't his job to ensure they are ready?

It is, but these are still 19-22 year olds we're talking about. Whenever I get frustrated with Petersen, I remind myself that the best coach in modern Washington history (and a Hall of Famer) - Don James - had games like this too, and the only thing James had done up to this point in his coaching career that Petersen hasn't yet (at least with Washington) is win a big New Year's bowl game.

I do wonder if it's time for him to revise his offensive philosophy a bit.

pbot 10-11-2019 08:12 PM

Cool visualization of Big Ten win totals (i assume it is accurate, or at least relatively close)
https://public.flourish.studio/visua...tm_name=iossmf

Looking forward to tomorrow night at Kinnick. Should be the first legitimate test for Penn State this year. The offensive skill position starters are young. All are either freshman or sophmore eligibility-wise so who knows what they'll do.

tarcone 10-11-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbot (Post 3253234)
Cool visualization of Big Ten win totals (i assume it is accurate, or at least relatively close)

Looking forward to tomorrow night at Kinnick. Should be the first legitimate test for Penn State this year. The offensive skill position starters are young. All are either freshman or sophmore eligibility-wise so who knows what they'll do.

That was awesome. Thanks for posting.

Iowa is wearing their alternate Unis. All Yellow.

Its a black and gold night in the stands. Always awesome

Its a night game at kinnick. Always dangerous.

Our defense is legit. Our offense sucks. Blitaz us and you are golden.

Im still very, very excited.

Kodos 10-12-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbot (Post 3253234)

My poor Hoosiers... :(

JonInMiddleGA 10-12-2019 12:37 PM

from Knoxnews beat writer twitter
Quote:

Jarrett Guarantano and J.T. Shrout are throwing on the sideline.
I don't see Brian Maurer anywhere.

And this is why they just can't have nice things in Knoxville (yes, I'm being generous about Maurer's first half performance prior to the injury ... he landed on his head on the next to last drive of the half and hasn't returned)

JonInMiddleGA 10-12-2019 01:04 PM

JonsThreeCents on Twitter: "At the rate GT is going, they're going to get South Florida's coach fired"

larrymcg421 10-12-2019 02:31 PM

South Carolina just missed a 33 yard FG that would've beat #3 Georgia.

larrymcg421 10-12-2019 02:44 PM

And then UGA misses a FG in the 2nd OT to give South Carolina the win.

JonInMiddleGA 10-12-2019 03:00 PM

JonsThreeCents on Twitter: "You know what I'd hate to be? I'd hate to be a defensive coordinator hoping to be hired as a head coach.

Georgia - South Carolina may have just closed that route indefinitely."

JonInMiddleGA 10-12-2019 03:41 PM

quick note for 2021:
Athens Academy junior WR Deon Colzie (class of 2020) announced his commitment to Notre Dame this afternoon.

Irish fans, you're getting a good one. Personable young man, fantastic athlete.

PilotMan 10-12-2019 05:18 PM

NDSU played a game UNI team at home in the blizzard to only about a half full Fargodome. UNI came back and fought hard early, only behind 18-14 at the half. Then NDSU showed what depth looks like as they just bulldozed the poor UNI defense in the second half. Being able to rotate quality guys through and your reserves are not much off your starters, and their guys have to just play all out, they tire out.

The Bison rolled up nearly 350 yards rushing enroute to a 46-14 crushing of #10 Nationally ranked Northern Iowa.

tarcone 10-12-2019 05:57 PM

I really feel for UNI. They are is a state competing for talent with 2 P5 teams.

UNI is a quality program though. But you are right, NDSU just overpowers teams with their depth and size.

cuervo72 10-12-2019 09:06 PM

That replay was bs.

NobodyHere 10-12-2019 09:47 PM

So someone on the Iowa's staff saw those uniforms and said, "Fantastic, let's go with this!" ?

NobodyHere 10-12-2019 10:07 PM

But that was an impressive TD

tarcone 10-12-2019 10:47 PM

Hey! Iowa scored TD. It took 8 quarters against average teams to do it, but we did.

The Ferentz family SUCKS

And I just realized I will be dead before the end of the Ferentz dynasty at Iowa.

JonInMiddleGA 10-12-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3253280)
And I just realized I will be dead before the end of the Ferentz dynasty at Iowa.

And you STILL have a better chance of watching a football game with positive rooting interest than I've got.

jbergey22 10-13-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3253280)
Hey! Iowa scored TD. It took 8 quarters against average teams to do it, but we did.

The Ferentz family SUCKS

Just like last year LOL.

Best team in the Big Ten to sucking in two weeks time. You crack me up.

tarcone 10-13-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbergey22 (Post 3253282)
Just like last year LOL.

Best team in the Big Ten to sucking in two weeks time. You crack me up.

I never said best in the B1G. Thats Ohio St. And Wiscy is just dominating right now.

Iowa has a very good defense. And I thought with a 3 year starting senior QB, a much improved WR corp, and some nice RBs, we would be in the hunt for the West title.

Then our O Line was exposed. And the sad part about how poorly our O Line is playing, is that we have THREE offensive line coaches. Our HC, OC and O line coach. And this is the outcome.

Honestly, our OC should be coaching the O line and the O line coach should be the OC. But that would interfere with KF having his son take over the program.

Yay nepotism

tarcone 10-19-2019 02:26 PM

HEY WISCY, dont over look Illinois.

bronconick 10-19-2019 02:55 PM

Stupid rule NCAA. Stop banning fun.

tarcone 10-19-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronconick (Post 3253918)
Stupid rule NCAA. Stop banning fun.

Dumbest rule ever

lungs 10-19-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3253916)
HEY WISCY, dont over look Illinois.

We can always count on a dumb loss like this as Wisconsin fans. Even if they had hung on and won, it’d be hard to be too confident about going on the road to Ohio St. next week. Oh well, secondary goals now.

tarcone 10-19-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lungs (Post 3253920)
We can always count on a dumb loss like this as Wisconsin fans. Even if they had hung on and won, it’d be hard to be too confident about going on the road to Ohio St. next week. Oh well, secondary goals now.

Sounds familiar. Lose on you shouldnt, win one you shouldnt.

CU Tiger 10-19-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3253922)
Sounds familiar. Lose on you shouldnt, win one you shouldnt.

That's most teams in college football. I've never seen a team not have 1 off week. Find a way to win and its a special season. Don't- and its what could have been.

tarcone 10-19-2019 06:43 PM

The Bo Jackson Heisman house commercials are fantastic

BishopMVP 10-19-2019 06:57 PM

Just saw the box score from UNC/VT... Wtf?!? After 5 OT's they just go straight to 2-pt conversion plays now?

Edward64 10-19-2019 07:10 PM

Another pitiful showing from the Hogs. About 230 yards of offense, 52 yards rushing. The Tide next week.

Atocep 10-19-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward64 (Post 3253932)
Another pitiful showing from the Hogs. About 230 yards of offense, 52 yards rushing. The Tide next week.

They ran the worst fake punt play I've ever seen in my life today.

miked 10-19-2019 07:22 PM

Rutgers QB was 5/13 for 40 yards and 3 picks. At the half, he was 2/6 for 1 yard and 2 picks. That would be 2 yards of passing in 6 quarters.

tarcone 10-19-2019 07:25 PM

Boy I hope the NYC TV market is worth Rutgers for the B1G.

Jeez, what a joke.

MizzouRah 10-19-2019 07:56 PM

Nice game Mizzou.

:rolleyes:

cuervo72 10-19-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3253935)
Boy I hope the NYC TV market is worth Rutgers for the B1G.

Jeez, what a joke.

Hey, every conference needs its traditional bottom-feeders to pad the records. Like the SEC and Va--

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 3253936)
Nice game Mizzou.

:rolleyes:

Right, ah, never mind!

EagleFan 10-19-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3253930)
Just saw the box score from UNC/VT... Wtf?!? After 5 OT's they just go straight to 2-pt conversion plays now?

Serious WTF! When did that god awful rule start?

tarcone 10-19-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo72 (Post 3253937)
Hey, every conference needs its traditional bottom-feeders to pad the records. Like the SEC and Va--

Right, ah, never mind!

I know the entire post doesnt show up but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bob 10-19-2019 09:22 PM

A Public Service Announcement

Anyone who gambles on any ACC coastal game please call:

1-800-662-HELP

cartman 10-19-2019 09:59 PM

This Longhorns defense is just plain bad. Too many freshman are having to play way before they are ready. But they escaped a game that shouldn't have been anywhere near as close as it was.

henry296 10-20-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3253938)
Serious WTF! When did that god awful rule start?

After the 7OT game last year with Texas a&m and LSU.

MacroGuru 10-22-2019 09:15 AM

Going into the game against BSU on Saturday night, I knew BSU was overrated - FSU was their signature win, and it's a team that is now talking about firing Willie Taggart.

We exposed them for the fraud they are, beating them with our 3rd string walk-on QB, our 3rd and 4th String RB and our Entire OL with backup Freshman - We also had 2 freshman CB's rotating.

bob 10-22-2019 09:18 AM

BYU getting curbstomped by Utah, then beating ranked USC in OT, then losing to Toledo and USF, and following it up with a win over ranked Boise St.

Straight up this is the weirdest season of all FBS programs.

Lathum 10-22-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob (Post 3254084)
BYU getting curbstomped by Utah, then beating ranked USC in OT, then losing to Toledo and USF, and following it up with a win over ranked Boise St.

I would say that’s what you get when you are dealing with 19 year old kids, but in the case of BYU they are all 38.

HomerSimpson98 10-22-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3254085)
I would say that’s what you get when you are dealing with 19 year old kids, but in the case of BYU they are all 38.

LOL well done

MacroGuru 10-22-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob (Post 3254084)

Trust me, I scratch my head somewhat, however, we don't have the typical depth P5 programs have but a little better than G5 right now.

Going against :

Utah
Tennessee
USC
Washington

to open the season left us thin at positions to where Toledo and USF could beat us.

Also, Kalani said yesterday on an interview it took him to tell his assistants to trust the youth, we recruited them for a reason, they are ready to go and I think that trust in the players was big for BSU.

MacroGuru 10-22-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3254085)

Booooo!

I hate the missionary smack talk - if it was such an advantage - Nick Saban, Chris Petersen and everyone else out there would send them out on 2 yr Peace Corp missions.

PilotMan 10-22-2019 10:08 AM

Next week ESPN is heading to Brookings, South Dakota. I know what you're thinking. That's not Fargo, PilotMan. But....here's the but, it's for the NDSU game. If you haven't been paying attention, the Bison have won 7 National Championships in 8 years. In those 8 years, the SDSU Jackrabbits (#3) have fallen to NDSU 4 times. They have made the playoffs 7 years in a row. This is the second best team in the MVC, and likely they would have won at least one or 2 titles with the teams they had in the past, if not for the Bison.

It's gotten to be quite a rivalry and this is the first time that ESPN has gone to Brookings. Lucky me gets to work and miss the whole thing. Near 100% chance that regardless of what happens they will meet again in the playoffs. The way that the FCS builds the playoffs out they can't meet in the finals, so the Semi's are the best bet. Should be a rock solid football game.

BishopMVP 10-22-2019 12:50 PM

I like it when Gameday goes off the beaten path in a week with no big matchups, but passing on ND/Michigan, Ohio State/Wisconsin & Auburn/LSU to go to the Dakota's seems odd.
Quote:

Originally Posted by henry296 (Post 3253949)
After the 7OT game last year with Texas a&m and LSU.

But why?!? There's like one 4OT+ game each year & they're all super memorable. Is this some dumb fake player fatigue/safety so the NCAA can pretend they care?

dawgfan 10-22-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 3254090)
Booooo!

I hate the missionary smack talk - if it was such an advantage - Nick Saban, Chris Petersen and everyone else out there would send them out on 2 yr Peace Corp missions.

Washington has had a limited sample, but missions haven't worked out too well for the Huskies. Most of those players come back having lost good weight and aren't in football shape any more. We've got another one that's supposed to be returning this year (Jordan Lolohea), so hopefully it works out better for him.

The conspiracy theorists would say that BYU makes sure their mission kids go to places where it's easy for them to stay in shape and keep good weight on.

MacroGuru 10-22-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgfan (Post 3254104)
Washington has had a limited sample, but missions haven't worked out too well for the Huskies. Most of those players come back having lost good weight and aren't in football shape any more. We've got another one that's supposed to be returning this year (Jordan Lolohea), so hopefully it works out better for him.

The conspiracy theorists would say that BYU makes sure their mission kids go to places where it's easy for them to stay in shape and keep good weight on.

I wish that was the case. If you guys only knew half the stuff these kids go through when they are out and when they get back.

For some, it's the end of their career for others it is a season or two before they even see the field. Some of our top LDS recruits that go out and come back are no longer tops.

I had a buddy that went to Jamaica, was stabbed in the shoulder, never properly healed, got infected, ate at the tissue and the tendons - boom done.

Another buddy that served in Central America, picked up a tape worm, lost over a 100 pounds, could never put it back on. No longer the DL he was, ended up putting on some muscle but only got one year in.

Others come back way overweight or way underweight.

I will say this, the only thing most return missionaries get a leg up on is mental and emotional strength which is big.