Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Pet Peeves Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=74986)

BrianD 03-16-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2243265)
People who refuse to take the extra time or consideration to charge up a device with a battery in it. No excuse for "I can't talk right now, my cell phone is dead"

Are you sure "my cell phone is dead" isn't code for "I don't want to talk to you"?

gstelmack 03-16-2010 07:38 PM

Coded dates on food containers. "JUN 25 10VA". What year is "10VA"?

Or when they use a dot-matrix printer on a textured surface making it completely unreadable, so you're forced to try and remember when you bought it.

stevew 03-16-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD (Post 2243273)
Are you sure "my cell phone is dead" isn't code for "I don't want to talk to you"?

Nah. After 14 years she would just tell me to fuck off if she didn't feel like talking.

molson 03-16-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2243265)
People who refuse to take the extra time or consideration to charge up a device with a battery in it. No excuse for "I can't talk right now, my cell phone is dead"

This happens to me all the time, not charging my phone. I think I subconsciously just don't want to be available 24/7. I don't like the idea of feeling like I owe that to everyone. I was bad at answering my phone before cell phones, I remember when I didn't even have an answering machine and I'd just take the phone of the hook. The fact that so many people considered that rude made me want to do it even more.

(If somebody has a wife and/or kids and is "expected" to be available, that's a different story).

Dodgerchick 03-19-2010 04:08 PM

Companies that don't have voicemail if no one is available to pick up the phone. Seriously, it's the 21st century, what do they have, rotary phones? Jeez.

Suburban Rhythm 03-19-2010 05:45 PM

Not sure why this bothers me, but noticing it again as the weather is getting nicer, and taking breaks hanging out outside while at work.

Only noticed women doing this. What is the story with when did it become cool to carry around the little shopping bags from somewhere like Starbucks or Victoria Secret- I guess "recycling" them by re-using.

Is it some sort of status thing to say "Look where I shop!! I'm better than you!" ? Especially when these woman are already carrying a gigantic, body-bag like purse that could easily fit whatever it is they have in the bag.

Dodgerchick 03-19-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2210984)
People who are walking in groups and hog the entire sidewalk.

No lady, it's not okay for you and your walking-buddy to walk two-abreast while I'm trying to go in the other direction just because you're talking. No I won't fucking step into the grass to go around you. Why don't you fucking slide into a line for 10 fucking feet.

I've seen this happen a lot at parking lots and I have no problem honking the horn. Move your fucking ass out of the way and be considerate of drivers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boberot (Post 2211074)
People who constantly use "retard" or "retarded." I know it's a reflex, and people don't mean anything by it.

But, as somebody who works at an agency serving people with developmental/cognitive disabilities, I know how often they come across it out in public or through various non-mainstream media interactions -- and I know how much of a slap in the face it is to them.

Most definitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm (Post 2245769)
Not sure why this bothers me, but noticing it again as the weather is getting nicer, and taking breaks hanging out outside while at work.

Only noticed women doing this. What is the story with when did it become cool to carry around the little shopping bags from somewhere like Starbucks or Victoria Secret- I guess "recycling" them by re-using.

Is it some sort of status thing to say "Look where I shop!! I'm better than you!" ? Especially when these woman are already carrying a gigantic, body-bag like purse that could easily fit whatever it is they have in the bag.

Hmm... I've no idea why they do it. If it's to "recycle" then why not use a Wal-Mart or Target plastic bag. Fuckin' elitists.

CrimsonFox 03-19-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodgerchick (Post 2245703)
Companies that don't have voicemail if no one is available to pick up the phone. Seriously, it's the 21st century, what do they have, rotary phones? Jeez.

Furthermore companies that won't accept payment online or by phone. I had to go to the doctor a few weekends because an infection in my eye was so bad, but they wouldn't let me see a doctor because I had some unknown to me money I had to pay on my account.
"Okay I'll pay it"
"The bookkeeping people aren't here. I can't take that.""I'll do it tomorrow then let me see a doctor"
"SOrry I can't let you see a doctor with money on your account."

*EXPLODE*

molson 03-19-2010 11:14 PM

The expression "X much?", as in "bitter much"? It doesn't make sense.

Also, "Can you say X?", for example, if you see a creepy guy, and someone says, "can you say creepy?" Shut up!

Also, when people put "who?" at the end of a name to show that person doesn't matter, except that they use the full name, or even an inanimate object. Like if the Bulls were succeeding post-Jordan, "Michael Jordan Who?"

Dodgerchick 04-09-2010 11:40 AM

People who have their Facebook profile picture upside down... why? Did you actually stand on your head when taking the picture? It's not cute, it's dumb.

FrogMan 04-09-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrogMan (Post 2138799)
People who feel the need to tear the paper towel in the office bathroom instead of letting the automatic thingie cut it properly. This causes the paper to go back inside and usually jams it up real good. IT'S GONNA CUT IT, DON'T NEED TO TEAR IT!!!

was part of my first post and still annoys me to all hell... THE FRIGGING IS SET UP TO CUT THE FRIGGING TOWEL, DON'T TEAR IT!!!

sigh...

FM

lordscarlet 04-09-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodgerchick (Post 2261449)
People who have their Facebook profile picture upside down... why? Did you actually stand on your head when taking the picture? It's not cute, it's dumb.

I have a facebook friend (a coworker) whose(who's? whom's) facebook profile picture pairs with his girlfriend's. So if you only see one it doesn't really make sense. You have to see the two next to each other.

puke.

DataKing 04-09-2010 01:28 PM

Idiots who scream "AND ONE!!!" every time a shot goes up in the lane with even the tiniest hint of contact.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 04-09-2010 01:58 PM

FOFC members who don't post for months, and then get busy with work and spend lots of after hours time at their desks posting random crap on FOFC all day.

Oh wait...

Dodgerchick 05-15-2010 10:28 PM

People who say "Team _________". Teams only apply for sports, not a bunch of people who go see kindergateners graduate. Fuck you Twilight, I blame you.

JPhillips 05-26-2010 07:39 AM

Books on the Civil War without maps.

CU Tiger 05-26-2010 02:05 PM

Irregardless

I hate this word, and my brother uses it non stop.
There is with regard, there is regardless, when you throw the "ir"in here the double negative takes us back to regard

DanGarion 07-10-2010 01:18 AM

Bannings.

Greyroofoo 07-10-2010 01:21 AM

When grouping in MMOs and the squishiest member decides she want to tank everything, and doesn't even care if several group members are afk.

thesloppy 07-11-2010 04:41 PM

"THAT WOW FACTOR!"

Fuck off.

terpkristin 07-11-2010 05:52 PM

People who decide to run or walk in the street when there's a perfectly good sidewalk not 3 paces away from them. You can't even tell me that the road surface is better than the sidewalk, since where you're running still has that sidewalk material. Just so you know, I want nothing more than to run you over with my car.

/tk

Mustang 07-12-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 2289113)
Books on any war without maps.

Fixed it.

CAsterling 02-01-2011 02:05 PM

Customer support people who when you call end the sentence with "I will do that for you sir" - and make it sound like they are doing you a personal favour - No you aren't doing me a favour you are doing your damn job.

CAsterling 02-01-2011 02:10 PM

Colleagues who when they can see you are trying to fix the IT disaster that took down a company's mainframe decide this is a good time to try and tell you a funny story about their kid.....and then get offended when you tell them exactly where to go.

Dodgerchick 04-26-2011 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After micorowaving your food, please reset the timer so it shows the time please? One of my pet peeves here at the office.

Dodgerchick 04-26-2011 12:57 PM

wow that's a crappy looking pic.

Suburban Rhythm 04-26-2011 01:31 PM

I realized the other day this bothers me-

Couples who go grocery shopping together. Why? Is it some sort of bonding time?

All it's doing is clogging up the aisles with twice as many people than actually are needed there.

I can understand if you were already out somewhere and need to stop at the store, but I can't buy that is the case for all the couples I see.

heybrad 04-26-2011 02:49 PM

Having a call center rep copy me on an email that he's sent out to a client where he says... "I've spoken to my IT guy..." I'm not your fucking IT guy. I'm a Vice President in the company and I've worked hard to get to that point.

DanGarion 04-26-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heybrad (Post 2461146)
Having a call center rep copy me on an email that he's sent out to a client where he says... "I've spoken to my IT guy..." I'm not your fucking IT guy. I'm a Vice President in the company and I've worked hard to get to that point.

HeyITGuy!

MJ4H 04-26-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm (Post 2461087)
I realized the other day this bothers me-

Couples who go grocery shopping together. Why? Is it some sort of bonding time?

All it's doing is clogging up the aisles with twice as many people than actually are needed there.

I can understand if you were already out somewhere and need to stop at the store, but I can't buy that is the case for all the couples I see.

I go with my wife sometimes because she doesn't like to go by herself.

MJ4H 04-26-2011 03:12 PM

So in this Champions League match I'm watching, Man Utd finally scored a goal after having the better of possession and pressure for the whole match. A guy watching with me online says "well deserved" and it just made my skin crawl. Every goal is deserved dammit. I mean I know what he means but it just irritates me.

GoSeahawks 04-26-2011 03:25 PM

Adults on facebook that constantly talk about their drama. For example, one lady always bitches about how horrible her ex husband is for leaving her. At least she is specific. There's another woman that always posts shit like, "NEVER AGAIN!!! I won't be hurt anymore!!!!!" She never gives details and that annoys me even more.
I could always delete them, but I have a feeling they wouldn't take it lying down.

stevew 04-26-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoSeahawks (Post 2461177)
Adults on facebook that constantly talk about their drama. For example, one lady always bitches about how horrible her ex husband is for leaving her. At least she is specific. There's another woman that always posts shit like, "NEVER AGAIN!!! I won't be hurt anymore!!!!!" She never gives details and that annoys me even more.
I could always delete them, but I have a feeling they wouldn't take it lying down.

You know that you can hide these people? It's less drama than de-friending, yet you don't have to hear their bullshit. I use it liberally.

Pumpy Tudors 04-26-2011 04:18 PM

I don't want to hide people who post shitty things on Facebook that piss me off. Seeing that shit makes me feel validated while I hate those people and hope they spend the next 3 days in a ditch eating worms and fresh, unused kitty litter. That's pretty much the reason I keep coming to FOFC, too, because too many of you jackholes piss me off.

JediKooter 04-26-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heybrad (Post 2461146)

Vice presidents are a dime a dozen. Wait until you make senior VP, then you can start slapping people around. ;)

heybrad 04-26-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

I've always thought it would be fun to start a thread titled 'Facebook posts so pathetic they belong in this thread'. Here's some examples from someone who is constantly posting from my friend list (punctuation and spelling left as is).

"If there was something I could say to make u see how sorry Iam . But u already know that wishing u would say something to me this is hurting really bad"

"Most teenagers are the slowest most lazy indivduals hands down . What the hell is wrong with this generation ?"

"Having a hard time today woke up crying cause I miss my ex and what we used to have our family together"

JediKooter 04-26-2011 05:04 PM

What's with the spaces between the periods?

EDIT: And the question marks...

Lathum 04-26-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

That drives me batty, along with the people who copy and paste the "this is.... week" posts

Dodgerchick 04-26-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heybrad (Post 2461212)
I've always thought it would be fun to start a thread titled 'Facebook posts so pathetic they belong in this thread'. Here's some examples from someone who is constantly posting from my friend list (punctuation and spelling left as is).

"If there was something I could say to make u see how sorry Iam . But u already know that wishing u would say something to me this is hurting really bad"

"Most teenagers are the slowest most lazy indivduals hands down . What the hell is wrong with this generation ?"

"Having a hard time today woke up crying cause I miss my ex and what we used to have our family together"

do it, I have a few I'd like to add

Autumn 04-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

I have a cousin who's always posting this passive aggressive stuff. Then if someone's like "What's going on? What's wrong?" she says, "I don't want to talk about it." Yeah, right. It's real private.

Pumpy Tudors 04-27-2011 11:56 AM

Big girls with flat asses. That ain't right.

JediKooter 04-27-2011 12:42 PM

What about big girls with no boobs?

AnalBumCover 04-27-2011 12:55 PM

Self-proclaimed photographers to like to tilt their camera to give that articistic touch to a photo that absolutely doesn't need it... on every single shot.

Suicane75 04-27-2011 12:56 PM

Baseball announcers who make inane observations AND THEN qualify it as if it was the viewers thought. Such as was made in the Cubs game on Monday when whoever the hell it was mentioned that Darwin Barney and Carlos Zambrano were on pace to hit more homers than Marlon Byrd. He then says "But there's a lot more baseball to be played folks", as if it was my thought. It wasn't my thought. You said it you jackass, not me, don't make it sound like I said it.

Pumpy Tudors 04-27-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2461690)
What about big girls with no boobs?

That kinda ain't right either, but I can wrap my head around that. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 'hood, but I thought when a girl gained weight, a lot of it went to the ass. So if a chick didn't really have boobs to start with, I can understand. A chick with no ass who gains 100 pounds and still has no ass? Blasphemy.

Shit, I like girls with some meat on 'em, but you gotta spread it out a little bit. Just thinking about it now has me all pissed off. I'm going to throw my work computer across the room.

No, I won't. A guy got fired for doing that to his work computer last month. I'll just think about throwing it.

Big girls with no asses. I hate that shit. Pisses me off.

JediKooter 04-27-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2461829)
That kinda ain't right either, but I can wrap my head around that. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 'hood, but I thought when a girl gained weight, a lot of it went to the ass. So if a chick didn't really have boobs to start with, I can understand. A chick with no ass who gains 100 pounds and still has no ass? Blasphemy.

Shit, I like girls with some meat on 'em, but you gotta spread it out a little bit. Just thinking about it now has me all pissed off. I'm going to throw my work computer across the room.

No, I won't. A guy got fired for doing that to his work computer last month. I'll just think about throwing it.

Big girls with no asses. I hate that shit. Pisses me off.

But what if she can nail a 7-10 split?

Pumpy Tudors 04-27-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2461852)
But what if she can nail a 7-10 split?

I'd have to ask my wife for a hall pass, I guess.

britrock88 04-28-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2461213)
What's with the spaces between the periods?

EDIT: And the question marks...

This comes up on Euro-friendly keyboards/computers, since (for some reason) certain punctuation marks are separated by a space in languages such as French. But given the high-brow commentary we're reading, I have to think we're not dealing with European computers...

Mustang 04-28-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors (Post 2461203)
and hope they spend the next 3 days in a ditch eating worms and fresh, unused kitty litter.

I hate to see what someone has done to you were you hope they eat used ktty litter.

JediKooter 04-28-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2462060)
This comes up on Euro-friendly keyboards/computers, since (for some reason) certain punctuation marks are separated by a space in languages such as French. But given the high-brow commentary we're reading, I have to think we're not dealing with European computers...

Ahhh ok. Haha! Yes, I don't think the keyboard is culprit in a lot of these cases. :)