Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Pet Peeves Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=74986)

B & B 04-28-2011 10:57 AM

Internet savvy folks who tell you to google BLUE WAFFLE

GoSeahawks 04-29-2011 04:31 PM

I get annoyed when I save a contact into my phone and the default is set to home phone. The default should be cell phone!

Autumn 06-13-2011 09:57 AM

On things like a credit card bill where you're meant to tear off the slip to send in with your check ... when the perforation to tear it off is almost, but not quite, exactly where the fold in the paper is. You couldn't adjust the folding machine, or the placement of the perforation, the one millimeter to make them line up so I'm not vacillating between tearing it off and tearing the paper??

Rizon 06-13-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2484533)
On things like a credit card bill where you're meant to tear off the slip to send in with your check ... when the perforation to tear it off is almost, but not quite, exactly where the fold in the paper is. You couldn't adjust the folding machine, or the placement of the perforation, the one millimeter to make them line up so I'm not vacillating between tearing it off and tearing the paper??

I see this a lot in business doing Accounts Payable. Many times the folds are too close to the perforation, and many times the return envelopes are too small.

Autumn 06-13-2011 10:46 AM

Yes! That's another one, the return envelopes. Come on.

StrangeWay 06-23-2011 09:56 PM

My biggest pet peeve is when someone does something they know is wrong and think a simple apology makes it all better. I want grovelling dammit.

TCY Junkie 06-24-2011 12:38 AM

Me (not in person or on the phone) - Great date and then the next week...... well let me use an example of how the texts went she wanted to play 5 card draw and I wanted to play 52 card pickup. I've put myself in the penalty box and won't contact her for a couple days. Maybe I should call her then, the conversation on the phone and in person was good. Why did I get in the habit of entertaining myself when I write, this girl is actually pretty cool.

Rizon 06-24-2011 10:13 AM

This one bugs the crap out of me, and someone did it this morning.

When someone comes to your computer, work or home, and they are pointing out something on the computer monitor ... and they keep touching and poking the damn monitor. Especially annoys me when it's a woman with fingernails.

Autumn 06-24-2011 10:14 AM

Better fingernails than greasy kid fingers. Yeah, that bugs me.

lordscarlet 06-24-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizon (Post 2489778)
This one bugs the crap out of me, and someone did it this morning.

When someone comes to your computer, work or home, and they are pointing out something on the computer monitor ... and they keep touching and poking the damn monitor. Especially annoys me when it's a woman with fingernails.

Is a pen (with the point retracted) acceptable?

Lathum 06-24-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCY Junkie (Post 2489663)
Me (not in person or on the phone) - Great date and then the next week...... well let me use an example of how the texts went she wanted to play 5 card draw and I wanted to play 52 card pickup. I've put myself in the penalty box and won't contact her for a couple days. Maybe I should call her then, the conversation on the phone and in person was good. Why did I get in the habit of entertaining myself when I write, this girl is actually pretty cool.

What?

Rizon 06-24-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordscarlet (Post 2489852)
Is a pen (with the point retracted) acceptable?

Only if you don't push hard enough to make the screen change color.

TCY Junkie 06-24-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2489865)
What?

I'm bringing my A game when I bring it next time, no more blah blah blah. I basically don't like drama and don't want much in the future, not fun like playing 52 card pickup. She wasn't too thrilled with drama I threw at her. I thought she was hard as nails but that's just a front I found out, she has a very nice front by the way. I felt bad being a jerk so I apologized already for treating her like a chat buddy, maybe I'll hear from her or maybe I won't. Just I'm not going to go around feeling like a jerk. Girls treat me like I'm a jerk because I'm not turned on enough by their hot body, fucking ridiculous I guess I have act a touch more shallow. Keep my mouth shut. I try to figure out if I'm interested in being interested and they think I'm interested, it's bullshit I tell you.

lighthousekeeper 06-24-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCY Junkie (Post 2489881)
I'm bringing my A game when I bring it next time, no more blah blah blah. I basically don't like drama and don't want much in the future, not fun like playing 52 card pickup. She wasn't too thrilled with drama I threw at her. I thought she was hard as nails but that's just a front I found out, she has a very nice front by the way. I felt bad being a jerk so I apologized already for treating her like a chat buddy, maybe I'll hear from her or maybe I won't. Just I'm not going to go around feeling like a jerk. Girls treat me like I'm a jerk because I'm not turned on enough by their hot body, fucking ridiculous I guess I have act a touch more shallow. Keep my mouth shut. I try to figure out if I'm interested in being interested and they think I'm interested, it's bullshit I tell you.

What better TCY Junkie or meth junkie?

Suburban Rhythm 06-24-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My pet peeve is when a post is explained twice and I still don't understand it

Rizon 06-24-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My pet peeve is when someone does drugs and does not share them with the rest of the group. I really want to try what you're on :D

Rizon 06-24-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper (Post 2489888)

Pet peeve ... when someone says something so funny I ACTUALLY laugh-out-loud for real, while my boss and his boss are sitting in the office next to me.

JediKooter 06-24-2011 03:41 PM

Is this one of those things where you don't want to make fun of the slow kid, but, you kind of want to help the kid out, but, then you realize that your help is probably going to be confused with being a dick?

Rizon 06-24-2011 03:43 PM

This woman at work tapes her envelopes closed, then runs them through the postage machine.

The postage machine can seal the envelopes for her. But she'll sit and tape a big stack of them closed.

We've had the machine for over 7 years.

JediKooter 06-24-2011 04:03 PM

There's a hot chick here at work on the second floor over by the fax machine I use to fax my time cards. She has one of those sexy smoker voices and has a very nice body. However, her nose looks like its gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson's fists. I'd still do her.

MrBug708 06-24-2011 05:23 PM

This is the pet peeve thread, not the random thoughts thread :)

JediKooter 06-24-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBug708 (Post 2489967)
This is the pet peeve thread, not the random thoughts thread :)

Good point, good point. I should have made it more clear that her nose bothers me, which is a pet peeve of mine. :D

Rizon 06-24-2011 05:25 PM

Pet peeve ... when my wife is home alone with my car and she floods the engine (I have a rotary) and then calls me to complain about it.

edit: which has happened twice in the last 6 months

JediKooter 06-24-2011 05:26 PM

Mazda?

Edit: Wait. On further review...is your phone a rotary?

MrBug708 06-24-2011 06:07 PM

mr2?

TCY Junkie 06-24-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizon (Post 2489891)
My pet peeve is when someone does drugs and does not share them with the rest of the group. I really want to try what you're on :D

It's called being peppy, you should try to OD on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm (Post 2489889)
My pet peeve is when a post is explained twice and I still don't understand it

My pet peeve is shallow guys. I like nice looking girls and all but they just don't hold my attention and they seem ruined by shallow guys. Most of them are like, entertain me because of my looks and that's bullshit. F U shallow guys for messing with the hot women.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper (Post 2489888)

I don't know but 5 years younger didn't work for me so I think I'll double it and try again.

DanGarion 06-24-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBug708 (Post 2489988)
mr2?

You mean Rx-7 or Rx-8 right? MR2 is a Toyota and didn't have a rotary.

Dreghorn2 06-24-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PUr...eature=related

TCY Junkie 06-24-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreghorn2 (Post 2490012)

If you're a really hot chic I'll call you up right now and give you a free demo of my personality. I usually see if I can get girls to pay for my meal or something, I'm such a jerk. Basically, I think I'm getting more sensitive. Actually going to quit being so mean.

TCY Junkie 06-24-2011 07:10 PM

Maybe that's why there was a snake on my front door. Which I do not like, snakes on my front door is a pet peeve of mine now.

Glengoyne 06-24-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCY Junkie (Post 2490017)
Maybe that's why there was a snake on my front door. Which I do not like, snakes on my front door is a pet peeve of mine now.

I can relate to that. When I lived in the country I wouldn't get the mail because there were black widows in the mail box.

That was pet peeve worthy.

TCY Junkie 06-24-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glengoyne (Post 2490025)
I can relate to that. When I lived in the country I wouldn't get the mail because there were black widows in the mail box.

That was pet peeve worthy.

What family member would you send?

Glengoyne 06-26-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCY Junkie (Post 2490026)
What family member would you send?

Oh no my wife didn't mind them. She would mock me ruthlessly. Then one day she mocked me about it while driving the car into the drive way. I wrote about it here. The Black Widow in my mailbox - Front Office Football Central

heybrad 07-05-2011 03:23 PM

So I go to Jack in the Box to get a breakfast sandwich on my way to work this morning (yes, I shouldn't, but that's for another thread). It's 5:30am and I'm asked, "Would you like to try a root beer float with that?" No. No I don't want a root beer float at 5:30 in the morning to go with my breakfast sandwich. If I did, I would have asked for one. And I get the idea of upselling, but really... a root beer float with my breakfast food?

Mustang 07-05-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heybrad (Post 2493225)
And I get the idea of upselling, but really... a root beer float with my breakfast food?

You one of them?

(Them being those people that tell you what you should/shouldn't eat in the morning... F'n Breakfast Nazis...) :D

stevew 07-05-2011 11:39 PM

I hate breakfast food.

Ksyrup 07-06-2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2493342)
You one of them?

(Them being those people that tell you what you should/shouldn't eat in the morning... F'n Breakfast Nazis...) :D

I don't think he's telling anyone what to eat in the morning. I think he's saying - and I agree - that it's ridiculous for places to automatically offer things like desserts at 6am. The typical person is not going to order a root beer float for breakfast.

QuikSand 07-06-2011 10:01 AM

So I have the rare foresight to actually buy my bananas a little bit green. I'm fighting my chromosomal deficiencies by actually trying to plan ahead. This is not easy for me and my ilk. But at least I am assured of having pleasantly yellow bananas for the suitable time.

Then these genetically modified monsters have the nerve to start sprouting unsightly brown spots while they are still bright green. Fuckers.

Autumn 07-09-2011 03:03 PM

When someone says, "Is it just me ..." or "Maybe it's just me ..." or "I know i'm odd but ..." and then follows it with some completely non-controversial opinion that clearly everyone in the world agrees with.

Rizon 07-11-2011 12:14 PM

When someone threatens to jump off an overpass on my morning commute, raising it from 20 minutes to almost 2 hours. Especially when it's not even a high overpass that you'd die from.

Also pet peeve ... when the cops don't taser or shoot someone that threatens to jump off an overpass on my morning commute.

molson 07-11-2011 10:43 PM

I wish when my dog unplugs the DirecTV it didn't take 20 minutes to get it running again, with all its system checks and whatnot.

lungs 07-12-2011 11:38 AM

People who set appointments with me to try and pitch products I most likely don't want but am nice enough to listen not showing up on time or even call me with an explanation.

Dodgerchick 08-04-2011 04:31 PM

Excessively long email address signatures.

Julio Riddols 08-04-2011 04:50 PM

I hate when the owner of my favorite team signs or trades for a player, then I find out later that they did not actually sign or trade for the player.

Dodgerchick 08-06-2011 08:41 AM

People who crowd the hallway and walk slow as hell. I have places to go, move outta my way.

Autumn 08-06-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodgerchick (Post 2508461)
People who crowd the hallway and walk slow as hell. I have places to go, move outta my way.

Yes, especially people who don't understand that you walk on the right, to make room for people coming the other way or trying to pass you from behind. These people always drift over as you're trying to get around them.

molson 08-06-2011 11:05 AM

People having trouble with the concept of space in general is a big one.

There's this coffee shop I go to - there's a part of the counter where they'll give you bagels and food, a part where they give you drinks, and the cash register. OK, maybe a better layout could improve things, but I can't go in there if there's more than 0 people because people just tend to stand all over the place, in a big clomp.....you have no idea if they're in line, if they're waiting for their order, if they're reading the menu, if they're just chatting with someone else. I want to throw hot coffee in all their faces.

Dodgerchick 09-05-2011 09:23 PM

wHen pEOpLe tYpE lIKe ThIs.

terpkristin 09-06-2011 05:30 PM

When newspapers/media outlets use the phrase "blast off" with regards to rocket/satellite launches. I thought it was just me that this irritated, but one of my coworkers just said the same...

/tk

Dodgerchick 09-06-2011 05:58 PM

When people push a touch screen phone. They're called *touch screen* for a reason.