Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW CXLIX SPAWN IV - GAME OVER (Post 3845) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=84272)

Abe Sargent 06-29-2012 02:07 PM

I didn;t mention it in thread at all, because I was hoping they'd miss that, but if they destroyed the plant,I figured they won that next day due to dehydration.

Abe Sargent 06-29-2012 02:08 PM

Oh, who was the Slayer?

Barkeep49 06-29-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2681357)
Oh, who was the Slayer?

No Slayer. Figured with the Security HQ option not to mention all the Security Personnel available the Spawn were already restricted plenty.

Barkeep49 06-29-2012 02:16 PM

The starting roles were:
Duplicant
Avenger
Light Sleeper
Empathic
Vigilante
Absolute Trust
Unevolved Spawn
Absolute Trust
Gut Feeling
Spawn Queen
Light Sleeper
Psychic
Spawn Aware
Incorruptible
Incorruptible
Vigilante
Miracle Worker
Scrying Spawn
Absolute Trust
Miracle Worker

Abe Sargent 06-29-2012 02:20 PM

One more question, what happened on Night Zero, if anything?

hoopsguy 06-29-2012 02:26 PM

So what happend on the Autumn/Dubb double-night kill thing? Wondering how that played out, in terms of dice roll to get that outcome.

Barkeep49 06-29-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2681362)
So what happend on the Autumn/Dubb double-night kill thing? Wondering how that played out, in terms of dice roll to get that outcome.

Pretty straightforward actually. They both attacked each other, they both got rolls that enabled them to kill each other, so they both died. I explained earlier (as this is in the rules) how attacking works.

Barkeep49 06-29-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2681361)
One more question, what happened on Night Zero, if anything?

Nothing this game. Really just wanted to let people get comfortable in their roles.

hoopsguy 06-29-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2681365)
Pretty straightforward actually. They both attacked each other, they both got rolls that enabled them to kill each other, so they both died. I explained earlier (as this is in the rules) how attacking works.

OK, I didn't realize that the attacks would be processed simultaneously ... thought one of them would get priority over the other and have their attack succeed/fail accordingly.

Barkeep49 06-29-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2681369)
OK, I didn't realize that the attacks would be processed simultaneously ... thought one of them would get priority over the other and have their attack succeed/fail accordingly.

This case was easy since they were attacking each other. It would have been different if Player A attacks Player B and player C attacks Player A. I have an order of attacks written down from one of the earlier spawn games (spawn 2 I think) but honestly don't remember what it is and didn't have to dig it up this game.

Barkeep49 06-29-2012 02:40 PM

DOLA - dubb would have only wounded Autumn is Autumn had the phaser.

saldana 06-29-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2681373)

dubb would also have not done anything to autumn if we had just lynched him instead of screwing around and trading a 2 for 1.

other than the time that hoops admitted to being a wolf and then convinced everyone not to lynch him because he would tell us another wolf the next day, not lynching dubb might be the worst play i have ever been a part of.

Chubby 06-29-2012 03:23 PM

If one of the two people that the spawn detector was looking at were spawn, would it have said which one specifically was spawn or just that 1 of the 2 were spawn?

britrock88 06-29-2012 03:49 PM

BK said that it'd be specific.

Zinto 06-29-2012 05:25 PM

Thanks BK for running this game it was fun.

Zinto 06-29-2012 05:26 PM

Congrats Brit and Danny on pulling this out. I thought for sure Danny was going to attack the water supply and I thought he missed his chance to win the game after not doing so.

Zinto 06-29-2012 05:28 PM

So after you guys killed the doctors I figured we should have probably been trying to spread out our attacks and killing people more frequently since the CoT was growing every day without us doing much to try and muddle information.

Danny 06-29-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2681462)
Congrats Brit and Danny on pulling this out. I thought for sure Danny was going to attack the water supply and I thought he missed his chance to win the game after not doing so.

Just trying to add drama. I think both Brit and I missed that actually

Danny 06-29-2012 05:33 PM

Honestly though, that would have been a much lamer way to win

Zinto 06-29-2012 05:35 PM

We did get really lucky on rolls for kills late in the game and we got pretty lucky throughout I think. We got lucky that for some reason it was decided not to lynch Dubb but instead to lynch Danny who figured I was a spawn(I assumed by his posts) and who couldn't pass out guns because of it giving us a kill on Autumn by Dubb. Then we got lucky that after I was not on at all that the vote moved from me to Simbo. The reason we were lucky from A Simbo kill instead of me is that Danny was pushing hard for Brit to be scanned the next day. This allowed me to switch our conversion last minute from Sal to Danny since I knew he would have built up a lot of trust if Brit was found to be a wolf. Then I took the Doctors out of the equation for the day so that Brit would not be scanned. Oh yeah we also got lucky that I used a bed and Shiggles got exhausted because of it.

tl;dr:

We got lucky!

Zinto 06-29-2012 05:36 PM

Oh and I never want Danny to say: I am not a good wolf again. You played your few days of being a wolf great.

Zinto 06-29-2012 05:37 PM

Oh and we also got lucky that Dubb was not cured after being scanned. Really really lucky about that I think.

Zinto 06-29-2012 05:39 PM

And you played a really good villager game Danny which is another reason I converted you. I was feeling really bad about our chances at that point(if I was feeling better I would have EF gloated the last day I was alive) and I wanted you to lose ;)

Chubby 06-29-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2681337)
Only if you cherry picked the last day, I don't remember you contributing much toward finding the other spawn. I'm not trying to be mean, but I think it's very unfair to jag to cherry pick one wrong move when he did more to help the survivors then any other survivor.

he's the captain, he's supposed to do more

Chubby 06-29-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2681349)
Thanks again BK!!

+1

Danny 06-29-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2681470)
Oh and I never want Danny to say: I am not a good wolf again. You played your few days of being a wolf great.

I just say that so you guys don't kill me! I usually mean it more in regards to when people thing I am doing some crazy wolf move. I like to keep it simple when I am a wolf because I don't think I could pull off crazy stuff. Thankfully it's not really necessary

britrock88 06-29-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2681466)
Just trying to add drama. I think both Brit and I missed that actually

Yeah. Once I was toast, I left the thread, and only came back to read the end-of-day summary. Then I saw that the water plant was sitting there, everyone was dehydrated, there were no phasers, no security personnel. But, of course, it was too late to tell Danny by that point. So I told Barkeep so that I didn't accidentally spoil it somewhere else on the forum.

britrock88 06-29-2012 06:40 PM

I was REALLY glad that I read Spawn 1 when I was assigned to the Spawn. I was able to be helpful in the thread and in pointing out what the Spawn could do on that side of things in our conversations. Zinto's commandeering of the away team, though, was all him. Such a great move.

britrock88 06-29-2012 06:40 PM

"That side of things" being the ship and public work and whatnot.

JAG 06-29-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2681469)
We did get really lucky on rolls for kills late in the game and we got pretty lucky throughout I think. We got lucky that for some reason it was decided not to lynch Dubb but instead to lynch Danny who figured I was a spawn(I assumed by his posts) and who couldn't pass out guns because of it giving us a kill on Autumn by Dubb. Then we got lucky that after I was not on at all that the vote moved from me to Simbo. The reason we were lucky from A Simbo kill instead of me is that Danny was pushing hard for Brit to be scanned the next day. This allowed me to switch our conversion last minute from Sal to Danny since I knew he would have built up a lot of trust if Brit was found to be a wolf. Then I took the Doctors out of the equation for the day so that Brit would not be scanned. Oh yeah we also got lucky that I used a bed and Shiggles got exhausted because of it.

tl;dr:

We got lucky!

Well, but you guys had terrible luck that no one got mutated from environmental exposure. Even one conversion from that would've been a significant help for you. Plus you really made a great move to get almost all our key personnel sent out on that away mission and that wasn't lucky, that was you making a skillful play. Killed almost a full day for us, though luckily you were the queen so we at least didn't have to sweat spawnling attacks after that.

Darth Vilus 06-29-2012 08:15 PM

Didn't I say to execute Danny? Didn't I?

That's what you gys get for not listening to the Dark Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simbo Klice 06-29-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2681208)
And even though it doesn't seem like it, Brit was starting spawn and I was converted. I was actually upset at first cause I was having such a great villager game

You were having a great villager game, I'm glad they converted you. Spawn FTW!

Simbo Klice 06-29-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2681490)
I was REALLY glad that I read Spawn 1 when I was assigned to the Spawn. I was able to be helpful in the thread and in pointing out what the Spawn could do on that side of things in our conversations. Zinto's commandeering of the away team, though, was all him. Such a great move.

Loved that play by Zinto, but you played an excellent game while I was still around, brit. I'm glad we ended up pulling it out.

Shiggles 06-30-2012 02:36 PM

Thanks for the game BK! quite a first run if i do say so :-)

britrock88 06-30-2012 04:47 PM

Yeah, Shiggles, you had a great game, caught onto all 3 of the starting Spawn very early.

Shiggles 06-30-2012 05:08 PM

lol if it werent for the bed fiasco, id have been golden, if not killed the next night ;-)

Autumn 07-02-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2681373)

This was the real killer. I hate to complain, but I actually felt it was unfair that the phasers didn't get passed out, when to all appearances that was a real time order that had already occurred in thread. I would never have made that move if I realized I didn't have a phaser, but I don't think I was informed of that fact before I submitted my night action. I had a great time, and it was an awesome game, so I'm not going to nitpick, but that really seemed like a shocker.

Autumn 07-02-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2681383)
other than the time that hoops admitted to being a wolf and then convinced everyone not to lynch him because he would tell us another wolf the next day, not lynching dubb might be the worst play i have ever been a part of.

I think that's some pretty ridiculous hyperbole myself. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't make that play, as it turns out all the rules worked against me (dubb evolving in time to attack, the phasers being a post-lynch action). I should have kept it simple and kept my mouth quiet.

HOWEVER, it in fact did turn out to be very valuable to have that vote history. I believe it led us right to Simbo, and that may not have happened with a slam dunk runaway vote. And if we had voted better on that day we could have caught another Spawn. Danny's death could have happened any day. We lost me, but caught Simbo, and got rid of Dubb. Not a bad deal. Certainly not the worst day ever.

I think it would have helped to have me around to keep planning work, to be honest. But to also be honest I was spending way too much time every day doing that and it's probably best for me, my business and my bank account that I died.

Autumn 07-02-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2681289)
Except for voting me, yes he was :D

I have to say I was rather surprised you turned up good. I'd have to go back and see what it was, but I was very sure you were bad. I think you were just approaching the tasks from the exact opposite direction I thought was good, or something. I never vote you out early without some good reason, but I thought you were just reeking Spawn juices. So, sorry about that. Especially since it got me killed.

Autumn 07-02-2012 08:07 PM

BK, definitely one of the very best WW games I've been in. It was a great balance of task stuff and werewolf. I really appreciate you putting all this time in, I know it must have been huge to run. but it was definitely worth it to me.

Simbo Klice 07-02-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2682697)
I think that's some pretty ridiculous hyperbole myself. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't make that play, as it turns out all the rules worked against me (dubb evolving in time to attack, the phasers being a post-lynch action). I should have kept it simple and kept my mouth quiet.

HOWEVER, it in fact did turn out to be very valuable to have that vote history. I believe it led us right to Simbo, and that may not have happened with a slam dunk runaway vote. And if we had voted better on that day we could have caught another Spawn. Danny's death could have happened any day. We lost me, but caught Simbo, and got rid of Dubb. Not a bad deal. Certainly not the worst day ever.

I think it would have helped to have me around to keep planning work, to be honest. But to also be honest I was spending way too much time every day doing that and it's probably best for me, my business and my bank account that I died.

I think I actually had my vote on dubb, what got me was not doing work. After showing up late (and this time it was a for realz forgot about the game) I knew I would be on a lot of radars, so I thought my best course of action would be to make myself look as bad as possible and play up that hoops or one of the other engineers was trying to frame me. Only taking 3 slaves (Like I was told to :devil:) might have been the nail in the coffin, but even if I survived that day it was only a matter of time before people stopped buying my brand. If Crimson had called for me to repair anything but the medical facilities I probably would have faked it.

It's funny, LSG was the one who started the run on me because the power stations were attacked while I was in there. I was actually thinking of wounding myself that night to try and make it seem like I was the victim in the attack, but we came to the conclusion that that was a bit too far since we were attacking 3 seperate buildings that night. In retrospect, might've kept me around another day- but you guys were pretty much on to Zinto and myself by that point.

I was also worried when Britrock had convinced everyone to move to the mid-level research because the high level research was only 33-50% done, and it ended up getting completed that night because the captain ordered the other scientist to keep on it. I followed along sporadically after my death and I don't think that was even mentioned.

britrock88 07-02-2012 11:34 PM

I was very, very glad that there were no public details about that research. I'm not even sure how many APs each level of research took to complete, because I was faking a good portion of them. That said, I had to do some research to be updated on its progress, and I thought it was important to be able to communicate the progress to the crew in abstract terms in order to avoid suspicion. So there was an interesting balance I had to try to strike there.

I did like that it gave me an excuse to be up every night to cover for any Spawn role-induced exhaustion, though.

JAG 07-03-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo Klice (Post 2682773)
I was also worried when Britrock had convinced everyone to move to the mid-level research because the high level research was only 33-50% done, and it ended up getting completed that night because the captain ordered the other scientist to keep on it. I followed along sporadically after my death and I don't think that was even mentioned.

FWIW, I did think this was odd at the time, but I put it down as GE getting a 'good research roll'. It didn't seem like the type of thing Britrock could fake since there was presumably another scientist getting what I would have expected to be the same notification that he was.

britrock88 07-03-2012 09:04 AM

It helped that Schmidty was absent, and to a lesser degree that GE was quiet in the thread. I worked more often once he came aboard.

Barkeep49 04-08-2022 05:14 PM

I just re-read this for fun (and because I was bored) and now I'm sad I'll never get to run Spawn V cause I've thought of some fun stuff. I'm glad I got to be a part of FOFC community and the FOFC Werewolf sub-community for all the years I was.