Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Dungeon!- GAME OVER!!!!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=70571)

Abe Sargent 02-10-2009 08:51 PM

Half price

Chief Rum 02-10-2009 09:10 PM

Man, those Djinn are ripoff artists. :)

DaddyTorgo 02-10-2009 09:10 PM

I searched the room we are in PF, and found nothing.

dubb93 02-10-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 1941414)
Which way did you go in your room?

I went straight, and then today I took a right. I actually found an entrance to the next level, debating on if I should take it or not.

Abe Sargent 02-10-2009 09:33 PM

Afternoon Actions are done. Evening actions are still due at 1 am EST.

As a reminder, you may not need to take an evening action unless you are Sis'Sharr who slept last night, or have othre magical means of acting tonight.

You do not need to pm me that you are sleeping, just if you do something

ntndeacon 02-10-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1941422)
Did anyone start in a room with a metallic statue and a star written in chalk? If so, I am in your starting room.

that would be me

Abe Sargent 02-10-2009 09:36 PM

Morning actions for Day 3 are due at 10:00 am tomorrow morning.

I will take them now. Please head them Morning Action or some such so I can tell them apart from Evening actions

Chief Rum 02-10-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 1941495)
that would be me

Cool, then I said what needs to be said. I am where you were. Did you talk to the statue? And would you like to meet up?

Abe Sargent 02-10-2009 09:39 PM

I just want to say by the way, that I don;t know about you, but I am having a total blast with this game so far. You folks are awesome.

KWhit 02-10-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1941502)
I just want to say by the way, that I don;t know about you, but I am having a total blast with this game so far. You folks are awesome.

Same here. Really enjoying it.

gi 02-10-2009 09:43 PM

ditto, but now I have to kill that evil druid :)

Chief Rum 02-10-2009 09:47 PM

Hey, ntn, we're both Dvergr clerics, I think, right? Dvergr power! :D

Mustang 02-10-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 1941463)
I went straight, and then today I took a right. I actually found an entrance to the next level, debating on if I should take it or not.

Could wait for me if you want. Unfortunately, will take me 2 days to get there. Although, if there is another way to go instead of right in that room, you could go backwards and meet up with me.

(would be nice if you were already at a place that you could auto travel backwards.. would make linking up easier)

The Jackal 02-10-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

For sure. This is tons of fun.

PurdueBrad 02-10-2009 10:06 PM

Awesome fun, I would have been really, really disappointed to be dead already.

PurdueBrad 02-10-2009 10:27 PM

I just re-read my PM and there might be a chest in the room for me to use my lockpick skills on. Hopefully it works! All in all, a great day. I understand dying early in some games, but I'm glad this wasn't one of them (yet) as I'm really into it.

PurdueBrad 02-10-2009 10:38 PM

I've got two things to offer in trade.

First, 5 days worth of food. I will part with it for 25 gold pieces (the Djinni will charge you 50) so I'll simply get what I would by selling it to them. This would bring my gold back up to my initial starting point.

Also, you warriors or others that can wield it, as you look around, I've got a magic Battle Axe that I can trade if you find something of value to a scout like me.

ntndeacon 02-10-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1941497)
Cool, then I said what needs to be said. I am where you were. Did you talk to the statue? And would you like to meet up?

I did talk to the statue and felt foolish. and sure about the teaming up. i went one level in (and faced bats) then to the left.

Chief Rum 02-10-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 1941594)
I did talk to the statue and felt foolish. and sure about the teaming up. i went one level in (and faced bats) then to the left.

I will head in, then, tomorrow, and I won't bother talking to the statue. If you head back, we can meet up in the Bat Cave (okay, had to say it :D), and then head right. Or you can go another route, and come back and meet up with me where you are now. I guess no matter how it works, we'll have to forgo anything exciting happening for a day to meet up. Unless the bats regen. That could be fun. :)

dubb93 02-10-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1941563)

First, 5 days worth of food. I will part with it for 25 gold pieces (the Djinni will charge you 50) so I'll simply get what I would by selling it to them. This would bring my gold back up to my initial starting point.

Also, you warriors or others that can wield it, as you look around, I've got a magic Battle Axe that I can trade if you find something of value to a scout like me.

Do you have any idea how much the axe is worth?

dubb93 02-10-2009 11:55 PM

I have 2 items I would be willing to trade to someone.

#1 is a "Whip+1"

#2 is a whip that I have not been able to identify

If anyone is interested in trading for either one of them just let me know.

Abe Sargent 02-11-2009 12:05 AM

Evening Actions, or should I say action, is done.

See you in the morning!

Oh, and I only have like three morning actions so far, so I hope we won't have any deliquent ones tomorrow, although several of you are back in rooms where there is little to do, so I understand your frustration.

At the end of the game, remind me to tell you the stroy of how Purdue Brad is still alive. I like it.

Abe Sargent 02-11-2009 12:20 AM

I forgot to roll for this phase to see if there is a Sprite rumor, and in fact, there is:

There are a few rooms on each level where the encounters are especially difficult or especially easy.

Danny 02-11-2009 12:43 AM

Jou crazies and jou worthless monies. I be goin on in da dungeon and you all be takin a break to be doin da shoppin.

Danny 02-11-2009 12:44 AM

You should be leavin dat to da woman!

Danny 02-11-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Did how da real men be operatin! We be barterin, not going to da mall to da the women work. Der be hope for jou yet. Oh, and I be interested in da food and da axe.

JAG 02-11-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

I'd be willing to buy your food for 25 gp.

“Black Market:
JAG will give PurdueBrad 25gp
PurdueBrad will give JAG 5 rations of food”

JAG 02-11-2009 04:35 AM

Quote:

Ditto, it's been very fun and we're only scratching the surface. I can't imagine how long it took you to put this all together.

Thomkal 02-11-2009 05:47 AM

I purchased a ration from the Djinn mainly because I had nothing better to do, and I really don't want to die of starvation. Searching the room now before moving forward.

Still accepting trades to ID items, name your price. DT and PF you have anything you need identified?

PurdueBrad 02-11-2009 06:42 AM

Caught this buzzing throught the posts this morning, so:

Black Market:
JAG will give PurdueBrad 25 gp
PurdueBrad will give JAG 5 rations of food.

PurdueBrad 02-11-2009 06:42 AM

May it keep you hungerless and healthy.

PurdueBrad 02-11-2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 1941618)
Do you have any idea how much the axe is worth?

I don't yet. One thing I can do is examine it but I'm disarming a trap first thing today but can probably examine it this afternoon. It won't necessarily tell me its worth but it will hopefully tell me what its magic is.

PurdueBrad 02-11-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1941626)
At the end of the game, remind me to tell you the stroy of how Purdue Brad is still alive. I like it.

I'm quite curious. I got a PM from Abe that says: "You have no idea how lucky you are, I'll tell you at the end of the game."

That's terrible! That means I almost died day 1, almost died day 2, and now it's day 3 and I've noticed a trend. Plus, you never want to hear the GM say, basically, that "you shouldn't be alive right now." It's like hearing a doctor say that!

Still happy to be here though! :)

PurdueBrad 02-11-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1941644)
Did how da real men be operatin! We be barterin, not going to da mall to da the women work. Der be hope for jou yet. Oh, and I be interested in da food and da axe.

Crap Danny, missed the food part here, sorry. However, I will save the Axe for you. I'll examine it this afternoon and see what powers it has.

JAG 02-11-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1941674)
May it keep you hungerless and healthy.

Thanks hombre.

I should have contacted an IDer last night but forgot to do so. Thomkal, I can offer you 10gp for your ID services, I still have an unidentified scroll I need to sort out.

Black Market:
JAG will give Thomkal 10 gp + unidentified scroll
Thomkal will ID scroll and return identified scroll to JAG tomorrow (hopefully :) )

Thomkal 02-11-2009 06:57 AM

Black Market:
JAG will give Thomkal 10 gp + unidentified scroll
Thomkal will ID scroll and return identified scroll to JAG tomorrow

Works for me, and I will return it. :) Unless we agree that I can use it and you can't and then I can buy it from you if need be.

Thomkal 02-11-2009 06:58 AM

Make sure to remind me to return it to you tomorrow just in case. :)

PurdueBrad 02-11-2009 07:02 AM

OH, big question for all of you. Did anybody start in a room that had a passageway that was too small for a Taurian to go through?

If so, then I think I might be about to enter your starting room or perhaps a room you visited so maybe we can link up. Let me know as I'm hopeful.

JAG 02-11-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1941632)
There are a few rooms on each level where the encounters are especially difficult

I may have found one of these.

JAG 02-11-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 1941682)
Works for me, and I will return it. :) Unless we agree that I can use it and you can't and then I can buy it from you if need be.

Good point, I guess we'll have to see what it is and then go from there.

gi 02-11-2009 07:09 AM

I'm in the 2nd level of a dungeon and will need some help killing this evil Druid. I had to bravely run away. :(

Poli 02-11-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gi (Post 1941688)
I'm in the 2nd level of a dungeon and will need some help killing this evil Druid. I had to bravely run away. :(

Brave Gi ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Gi turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Gi!

DaddyTorgo 02-11-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 1941664)
I purchased a ration from the Djinn mainly because I had nothing better to do, and I really don't want to die of starvation. Searching the room now before moving forward.

Still accepting trades to ID items, name your price. DT and PF you have anything you need identified?

Nope. I got nothin, just what I started with plus the gold from killing the Annis.

I'm just chillin in the room waiting for you to come and link-up with us.

PackerFanatic 02-11-2009 07:40 AM

I got nothing - if either of you have anything that needs opening, I could help as well.

boberot 02-11-2009 08:01 AM

Well, I threw a coin into a fountain and gained an "obviously magical long sword." As one of our many dvergr clerics, I cannot use it.

As such, please consider it up for sale / barter / etc, although I have no idea of its value.

I'm told that I can throw another coin in, and I am thinking I'm going to tempt fate . . . .

KWhit 02-11-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boberot (Post 1941702)
Well, I threw a coin into a fountain and gained an "obviously magical long sword." As one of our many dvergr clerics, I cannot use it.

As such, please consider it up for sale / barter / etc, although I have no idea of its value.

I'm told that I can throw another coin in, and I am thinking I'm going to tempt fate . . . .

I specialize in long sword.

I can offer all my rations and 25 gold for it.

Danny 02-11-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1941677)
Crap Danny, missed the food part here, sorry. However, I will save the Axe for you. I'll examine it this afternoon and see what powers it has.

Thanks, hopefully I can purchase some food from another sis'shar at some point.

chesapeake 02-11-2009 08:26 AM

I am around most of the day and available to identify items for folks. The going rate seems to be 10gp, and that is fine with me. I'll pass the item back to you -- or to whomever you trade it to -- tomorrow.

Abe Sargent 02-11-2009 08:41 AM

I accidentally sent out one pm result to a person, if that is you, please do not post the results here yet. I am trying to take care of this but I sent one by mistake.

KWhit 02-11-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1941716)
I accidentally sent out one pm result to a person, if that is you, please do not post the results here yet. I am trying to take care of this but I sent one by mistake.

I sent in an Evening Action PM to you that I need an answer on before I submit my 10am action please.