Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XLI - Apocalypse Awakens - Game over! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=56193)

LoneStarGirl 01-18-2007 11:59 AM

You are already in wolverine, there is no backing out now. You might prove useful in my little team.

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1360932)
I would rather avoid attacking anyone on Silver Moon at least day 1 as Moon (Blade) has shown himself interesting in working for a common goal early on.

My thoughts would be early on to either show Doom that he is all talk and look at someone on his team, or perhaps look at the small pairing of Capt. America and Iron Man as those both are players whom I would have chosen as Apocolypse.

[ooc] Apocolypse was chosen randomly per our moderator. I think a player who hasn't played in a while and who was invited would be a very bad choice as a horseman as some might view me as an early target. I'm not a horsemen. [/ooc]

path12 01-18-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 1360933)
To the members of Silver Moon, are you guys interested in an alliance?

(Silver Surfer)

I do not speak for the team, but I see great benefit in both Silver Moon and Mutants First working together.

To my team: I would like to propose renaming our team The Marvels.

spleen1015 01-18-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1360949)
You are already in wolverine, there is no backing out now. You might prove useful in my little team.

(Mystique)

Naive little kitten. That's Wolverine you're talking to. Silly child.

Barkeep49 01-18-2007 12:02 PM

[Magneto]
I think attacking the Captain America/Ironman duo makes sense. I would lean slightly towards Eagles (Ironman) since I think he'd be slightly more likely to be chosen since he's a "big name" FOFCer (which reminds me that I need to start his FTB thread). Anyhow what does Team Silver think about an Ironman attack?

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gi (Post 1360909)
I'd like to join a team if one will have me. Not all the teams can have something against Brit's

[Iron Man - Tony Stark]

If Captain America agrees, I'd be glad to have you on your team as I'm always looking to further relations between our two countries and we are all united in seeking out to destroy evil.

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1360931)
Le Reistance

We need to think of somebody to attack today. It is almost agreed on that Apocolypse chose somebody considered a 'pro' and somebody new. What do you think about Alant or gi?

I don't think either one is a good target for us. Alan adds too much to the game with his analysis and I'm sure he will be scanned tonight to find out if he's a Horseman. I don't know anything about gi, but I would like to watch him for a couple of days to see how he plays.

As for who I think we should target, I would like us to go after Venom, but for strictly personal reasons. :)

SPIDERMAN

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 12:05 PM

[ooc] I meant that your to say our. [/ooc]

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1360954)
[Magneto]
I think attacking the Captain America/Ironman duo makes sense. I would lean slightly towards Eagles (Ironman) since I think he'd be slightly more likely to be chosen since he's a "big name" FOFCer (which reminds me that I need to start his FTB thread). Anyhow what does Team Silver think about an Ironman attack?

[ooc]

The fact that I'm a "big name" FOFCer is a very good reason why I wasn't chosen as a horsemen and again the mastermind was chosen randomly. I guarantee you that I'm good and an attack on me will be a win for evil.

[/ooc]

LoneStarGirl 01-18-2007 12:08 PM

Spiderman, I had an idea! Why dont we go after Venom? I am brilliant!

SackAttack 01-18-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1360955)
[Iron Man - Tony Stark]

If Captain America agrees, I'd be glad to have you on your team as I'm always looking to further relations between our two countries and we are all united in seeking out to destroy evil.

[Captain America]

I think that's an excellent idea.

What about the Atlantic Alliance as a team name, in that eventuality?

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1360964)
Spiderman, I had an idea! Why dont we go after Venom? I am brilliant!

:)

Is there anyone who isn't in a team yet?

SPIDERMAN

LoneStarGirl 01-18-2007 12:15 PM

Deadpool is not on a team yet because he has yet to check in

Barkeep49 01-18-2007 12:17 PM

But that was too be expected. I believe Raiders is not back in town until tomorrow.

Bonegavel 01-18-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 1360953)
(Mystique)

Naive little kitten. That's Wolverine you're talking to. Silly child.

(Wolverine)

Pipe down my little blue pain in the ass. Nuthin' I can't claw my way out of.

**SNIKT! pops cap off a brew, chugs half the beer, and burps until it sounds like lunch is coming with it**

Why don't you go morph into a steaming pile of road kill and save us the trouble later on.

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1360980)
But that was too be expected. I believe Raiders is not back in town until tomorrow.

That's right, I forgot about that. Bad form to go after him, then.

SPIDERMAN

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 12:20 PM

Wolverine, do you have anyone in mind we should go after today?

SPIDERMAN

LoneStarGirl 01-18-2007 12:21 PM

I think everybody is on a team besides deadpool then. Does somebody have a completed team list?

Alan T 01-18-2007 12:23 PM

(5) Silver Moon: Moon (Blade), ProfX (Daddytorgo), Gambit (Chief Rum) (Surfer (Path), Math(mr. W))

(4) Mutant First: Magneto (Barkeep), Warpath (Alan T), Mystique (Spleen), Cannonball (Thomkal)

(3) DOOM, Sinister & Co: Doom (WVUFan), Sinister (Talgian), Juggernaut (Goldeneagle)

(5) LaResistance!: Hawkeye (Anxiety), Daredevil (Ardent), Marvel (LSG), Spiderman (Jonathan), Wolverine (Bonegavel)

(4) FORCE: Storm (Swaggs), Hulk (Schmidty), Mandarin (ntndeacon), Venom (Grammaticus)

(3) ???: (CapAm (Sackattack), Iron Man (Eaglesfan27)), Captain Britain (gi)

No team: Deadpool (Raiders Army)

spleen1015 01-18-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonegavel (Post 1360983)
(Wolverine)

Pipe down my little blue pain in the ass. Nuthin' I can't claw my way out of.

**SNIKT! pops cap off a brew, chugs half the beer, and burps until it sounds like lunch is coming with it**

Why don't you go morph into a steaming pile of road kill and save us the trouble later on.

Nothing changes. All brawn and no brains. I will enjoy tangling with you again, James.

LoneStarGirl 01-18-2007 12:27 PM

I think it would be very useful for Silvermoon and LaResistance! to join together. The 10 of us could choose to be VERY powerful.

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SackAttack (Post 1360968)
[Captain America]

I think that's an excellent idea.

What about the Atlantic Alliance as a team name, in that eventuality?

[Iron Man]

I think that is an excellent team name if Captain Britain accepts our invitation to form this team.

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 12:31 PM

[ooc] Thanks to Talgian for the character write-ups. Much easier than always running to Wikipedia for information. [/ooc]

spleen1015 01-18-2007 12:31 PM

Captain Marvel and her band of merry little men. That's sounds....cute.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

path12 01-18-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

[Magneto]

(Silver Surfer)

I can see wisdom in that, but would like to hear from other team members before committing.

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1361004)
(Silver Surfer)

I can see wisdom in that, but would like to hear from other team members before committing.

[Iron Man]

It would be foolish for the reasons I've already pointed out. I'm a man of logic and reason and you would only be helping the cause of evil if you attack me.

Talgian 01-18-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1360949)

Silly girl, Wolverine can leave your little regime whenever he wants.

Now, as to who to attack tonight, I am uncertain. While we may have personal goals, defeating Apocolypse and his Horsemen must remain our paramount priority. I haven't seen any statements that lead me to believe a particular individual is part of that evil cabal, thus I have no useful advice at this moment, although I do believe that the Horsemen have been drawn from a range of both worldly experience and power.

For my fellow telepathic friends who wish a statement upon which they can test my veracity, I offer this: I am neither Apocolypse nor a Horseman.

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 12:43 PM

Here's an idea: What if we don't attack anyone today? Normally, I'm always for a lynch every day, but this game is completely different from anything else I've played. Would it be a good idea to get a night's worth of information before we start blindly attacking people?

SPIDER-MAN

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1361013)
Here's an idea: What if we don't attack anyone today? Normally, I'm always for a lynch every day, but this game is completely different from anything else I've played. Would it be a good idea to get a night's worth of information before we start blindly attacking people?

SPIDER-MAN

[Iron Man]

Since I'm being discussed as a possible target, this holds a bit of appeal to me, however this will give us little information and it will give Apocolypse and his men an extra night kill if I understand all of the constraints properly. Therefore, even though I may be wrongly attacked, I would argue against that plan.

spleen1015 01-18-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1361021)
[Iron Man]

Since I'm being discussed as a possible target, this holds a bit of appeal to me, however this will give us little information and it will give Apocolypse and his men an extra night kill if I understand all of the constraints properly. Therefore, even though I may be wrongly attacked, I would argue against that plan.

Apocalypse doesn't get the extra night kill if we don't kill on Day 1.

Eaglesfan27 01-18-2007 12:51 PM

[Iron Man]

Just re-read and I stand corrected. That constraint upon us does not apply on day 1.

Alan T 01-18-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik (Post 1361013)

SPIDER-MAN

(warpath)

I think in this game its even more important than normal games to ensure you have a lynch each day, including day 1. Sure the odds are always stacked against you on day 1, however we have a 20% chance of guessing correctly who a bad guy is. The odds aren't what drive us to making the lynch vote, but instead the voting history and the data we receive from the vote is.

Reasons why its even more important this game to proceed with a day 1 lynch:

- We all can benefit from seeing how the actual system works out with the multiple attacks.

- There is a built in ability to possibly detect a horseman who has infiltrated one of your teams if your attack total is for some reason reduced without any clear identifier.

- It creates accountability for the teams to put actions behind their words. Its easy enough to say you want to do something, but will you stick up to it when the time comes?

SackAttack 01-18-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 1361025)
Apocalypse doesn't get the extra night kill if we don't kill on Day 1.

[Captain America]

That seems like it might be the way to go, then. Give anybody with special insights a night to use their talents, minimize our losses, and start day 2 with some actual information.

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 12:56 PM

The only thing I'm worried about is if we start having teams fighting each other instead of focusing on finding Apocalypse and company. I hope it doesn't fall into that, but I can see it happening especially if one team kills another team's member that turns out to be good and valuable.

SPIDER-MAN

ntndeacon 01-18-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talgian (Post 1361010)
Silly girl, Wolverine can leave your little regime whenever he wants.

Now, as to who to attack tonight, I am uncertain. While we may have personal goals, defeating Apocolypse and his Horsemen must remain our paramount priority. I haven't seen any statements that lead me to believe a particular individual is part of that evil cabal, thus I have no useful advice at this moment, although I do believe that the Horsemen have been drawn from a range of both worldly experience and power.

For my fellow telepathic friends who wish a statement upon which they can test my veracity, I offer this: I am neither Apocolypse nor a Horseman.

(Mandarin)

I wonder how much information any of our telepathic allies can handle. For example, your offer of a statement may be seen as having two components. They might only be able to handle one component of that statement. I do agree that there is at least one that has the ability to determine the veracity of the teller.

Abe Sargent 01-18-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1361029)
(warpath)

I think in this game its even more important than normal games to ensure you have a lynch each day, including day 1. Sure the odds are always stacked against you on day 1, however we have a 20% chance of guessing correctly who a bad guy is. The odds aren't what drive us to making the lynch vote, but instead the voting history and the data we receive from the vote is.

Reasons why its even more important this game to proceed with a day 1 lynch:

- We all can benefit from seeing how the actual system works out with the multiple attacks.

- There is a built in ability to possibly detect a horseman who has infiltrated one of your teams if your attack total is for some reason reduced without any clear identifier.

- It creates accountability for the teams to put actions behind their words. Its easy enough to say you want to do something, but will you stick up to it when the time comes?

Plus there is a chance that if we do lynch someone, and they are not one of Apoc or his/her horseman that the person we hit is not one of the twelve.

-Hawkeye

Blade6119 01-18-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1360761)
Here is how I show the teams at the moment. Members listed in parentheses have indicated a desire to work together, but not cemented it with a bold/bold two-way handshake.

Silver Moon: Moon, ProfX, Gambit (Surfer, Math)

Well then, path and mr. w, id use bold messages and join the team..both of you have bolded offers, so it shouldnt be hard

Barkeep49 01-18-2007 01:19 PM

Blade your opinion on iron man?

WVUFAN 01-18-2007 01:20 PM

(Dr. Doom)

Doom is not a Horseman. Doom bows to NO ONE.

Aggression might be the key in this. From a strategic point of view, it's not wise to get so attached to a team, for as you know, you cannot trust ANYONE, especially a teammate.

Use them, absolutely, but remember our goal at the end, and it's not to make new friends.

Blade6119 01-18-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1361068)
Blade your opinion on iron man?

On his character, whos playing him, or what?

SackAttack 01-18-2007 01:22 PM

{OOC} Hope I'm doing this right.

TEAM WITH IRON MAN (ATLANTIC ALLIANCE)

GoldenEagle 01-18-2007 01:24 PM

(ooc - game related)

I am not sure why everyone is eager to join teams together. I think these might hurt the villagers more than it can help. Loose alliances will lead to biased affection toward a particular who is obviously a wolf. In fact, I am suspicious of anyone who pushing these huge mega-alliances. I think they benefit the Apocalypse and his gang more than anyone else.

Abe Sargent 01-18-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVUFAN (Post 1361073)
(Dr. Doom)

Doom is not a Horseman. Doom bows to NO ONE.

Aggression might be the key in this. From a strategic point of view, it's not wise to get so attached to a team, for as you know, you cannot trust ANYONE, especially a teammate.

Use them, absolutely, but remember our goal at the end, and it's not to make new friends.

Not entirely true vic. Let me show ya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Additional benefits may become available for teams who remain together for a sustained period of time.

-Br'er Hawkeye

Blade6119 01-18-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

[Magneto]

Sorry, i need to read better...i think it would be ok, but his encouraging a lynch gives me pause. Id be fine with him if you want to do it, but i wouldnt rate him the most likely to be evil right now. I think he would make a good choice as a henchman, so i certainly dont mind him. If i had to pick right now, without stepping on toes, id likely go after cannonball or wolverine. Both would be people i would have picked if I were apoc.

Barkeep49 01-18-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1361076)
On his character, whos playing him, or what?

On attacking him.

WVUFAN 01-18-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anxiety (Post 1361080)
Not entirely true vic. Let me show ya.

-Br'er Hawkeye

(Doom)

BAH! Benefits are only good assuming none of your teammates are Horsemen. Otherwise, you're in essense protecting the guilty.

Jonathan Ezarik 01-18-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 1361079)
(ooc - game related)

I am not sure why everyone is eager to join teams together. I think these might hurt the villagers more than it can help. Loose alliances will lead to biased affection toward a particular who is obviously a wolf. In fact, I am suspicious of anyone who pushing these huge mega-alliances. I think they benefit the Apocalypse and his gang more than anyone else.

I think alliances with teams will help in the future if we have to take out a powerful role. Right now, though, I am wary of the tactic being used until we have a solid suspect to go after.

SPIDER-MAN

Barkeep49 01-18-2007 01:33 PM

Ok then with enough loose support from my team and even looser support from our potential allies I'm going to be bold and

Attack Ironman
Impede Ironman

Barkeep49 01-18-2007 01:34 PM

Impede should be
Immobilize Ironman

spleen1015 01-18-2007 01:35 PM

I'll support you Barkeep.

Attack Ironman