Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

claphamsa 07-17-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1783474)
Hey guys-

Congrats villagers!!!!!!!!! Nice game.

BK, awesome job GM'ing, this is definitely one of my favorite games I've played and you did an awesome job GM'ing it (no surprise).

As for me, sorry for being a tad flakey the last day and a half, we just found out that we're going to have our first child.

CONGRATAS!!!!!

A PerdueSpawn!

oliegirl 07-17-2008 07:56 PM

Man - I hate that the villagers won, but I'm impressed that Saldana held out as long as he did. This was a really tough wolf game, it was my first "major" wolf role and with the limitations we had - only 3 PM's to send each per day, the CoT and scanning abilities among the villagers - it was SO stressful!

The Jackal 07-17-2008 08:09 PM

Congrats PB!

I'm just pleased I was right with most of my personal gut feelings. ;)

Alan T 07-17-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1783429)
So this was my third Spawn game and my third time being captain at one point or other in the game.

Game 1 - We won and I lived as Captain until the end
Game 2 - We lost, but I died a hero's death fighting the Spawn Overlord
Game 3 - Won again

I have more luck in the Spawn games than any other. Maybe that's why I like them so much.

Heh, my second spawn game and second game as Captain myself.. but was a win both games for me.

Thanks for the game BK, Spawn is one of my top 5 games easily ever.. Alot of fun as always. I thought alot of people did great jobs, and appreciate that alot of the good guys did an excellent job breaking down actual facts and letting it override gut calls (such as Danny, Jeheinz, Kwhit, PudueBrad with the end of game being able to rule out who wasn't a likely spawn).. I think Passacaglia did great with his mid game move, think Saldana did a great job with fighting as long as he could (I figured you were a spawn until this morning.. your arguement about Chubby actually had won me over to thinking perhaps you wern't a spawn after all.. since I also felt that there was no way Chubby would fake a scan of you when he was trying to get in a CoT.. Ahh well!) There were other great jobs by most of the crew, and thanks to Kwhit for picking up my mess and bringing it home :)

Lathum 07-17-2008 08:52 PM

congrats PB!

Passacaglia 07-17-2008 09:40 PM

Good job villagers and congrats, PB!

path12 07-17-2008 10:40 PM

Way to go survivors! Great news, PB!

Barkeep, I really do love this ruleset. Thanks for running it.

Alan T 07-17-2008 10:42 PM

BK, who was going to be the overlord if it was reformed? What were the major differences in the ruleset this time that made it tougher for the spawn from last game when the spawn won? Or was it pretty close to the same rule set, just with different decisions made? (ie: no overlord this game, the crew getting off the planet faster, etc)?

mccollins 07-17-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1783408)
my original secret role was a miracle worker...i never used it

BK - how did that 5 crys get magically added that one time?

Why couldn't the spawn PM as much as they wanted?

Marc Vaughan 07-18-2008 12:09 AM

Congrats to the good guys :D

path12 07-18-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1783657)
BK - how did that 5 crys get magically added that one time?

Why couldn't the spawn PM as much as they wanted?

I was a miracle worker too. I generated that crys before one of my scans (hoops, I think).

Chubby 07-18-2008 05:01 AM

bah I got screwed by being attacked while at work, coulda talked my way out of hit had I been home.

I was converted the last night on the planet. I was fully villager when I went after MV, I really didn't think there was any way there were two empaths

Chubby 07-18-2008 05:04 AM

oh and I fake revealed about incorruptible to simply try and not get night killed as alan floated while everyone was lynching me. If I was home I would have confirmed that

saldana 07-18-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1783641)
BK, who was going to be the overlord if it was reformed? What were the major differences in the ruleset this time that made it tougher for the spawn from last game when the spawn won? Or was it pretty close to the same rule set, just with different decisions made? (ie: no overlord this game, the crew getting off the planet faster, etc)?

lathum would have been the overlord

saldana 07-18-2008 05:52 AM

and congratulations PB..thats great

KWhit 07-18-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1783733)
oh and I fake revealed about incorruptible to simply try and not get night killed as alan floated while everyone was lynching me. If I was home I would have confirmed that

That was me that figured you were bluffing the incorruptible stuff. I couldn't figure out if you were spawn why you would make that play for MV. It didn't make sense. Glad to see that I had the right read on that, even if ultimately we got a spawn by lynching you.

hoopsguy 07-18-2008 07:59 AM

I still don't get that, Chubby. You posted the "incorruptible" stuff at the same time as you did the empath - not later in the day.

Original spawn trio - what was the thought process in the early days of the game? Were you only able to convert one person per night? Did you try to convert more and fail? Did the 3 PM thing make it tough to coordinate your actions?

PackerFanatic 07-18-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1783431)
BK, how lucky was I on the roll with Packer that I ended up getting the upper hand and wounding him?

I was wondering that too. Had I been able to kill you, we might have lasted a little bit longer.

It was very odd, like Sal said, to going for a few of truly helping the villagers and doing what you can to help, and then suddenly be converted to spawn and get to see it completely from the other side. It was actually kind of neat when I got in (the night Telle died) and saw that olie and LSG were spawn, to then look back at what they had been saying.

I will also admit that the last day I did research, I had made a spawn removal device - basically a spawn killer that didn't kill the person. And had I had one more day, I had fully intended on using it on myself :)

Very fun game though guys, Sal you played like a champ at the end there. I almost thought you were going to be able to convince them.

PackerFanatic 07-18-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1783772)
That was me that figured you were bluffing the incorruptible stuff. I couldn't figure out if you were spawn why you would make that play for MV. It didn't make sense. Glad to see that I had the right read on that, even if ultimately we got a spawn by lynching you.

Although he wasn't a spawn until after all that crap.

Passacaglia 07-18-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1783802)
I still don't get that, Chubby. You posted the "incorruptible" stuff at the same time as you did the empath - not later in the day.

Original spawn trio - what was the thought process in the early days of the game? Were you only able to convert one person per night? Did you try to convert more and fail? Did the 3 PM thing make it tough to coordinate your actions?

I don't get it, either. Why make up stuff as a villager that will just get you caught in a lie? Especially when you had no reason to think there couldn't have been two empaths.

Alan T 07-18-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1783772)

Yeah, I wasn't the one who said he was bluffing on the incorruptible stuff, I was the one that day who was making a big deal out of him claiming two different things.

Passacaglia 07-18-2008 08:34 AM

And did the Spawn target Chubby specifically to convert? Seems like an odd choice, if they knew both Chubby and MV were villagers.

Alan T 07-18-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Unless I am mistaken, only the spawn queen could lead a conversion attack. The others could either join in to increase the odds or do a normal kill at reduced odds each night

claphamsa 07-18-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1783834)
And did the Spawn target Chubby specifically to convert? Seems like an odd choice, if they knew both Chubby and MV were villagers.

wasnt it, you become spawnlin... then the next day you become spawn?

so maybe he had been hit already and didnt nkwo it.

KWhit 07-18-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1783822)
I don't get it, either. Why make up stuff as a villager that will just get you caught in a lie? Especially when you had no reason to think there couldn't have been two empaths.

I'll say it again. There are a couple of things that I think can really hurt the villagers' chances of winning a game.

1) Late vote switches as a villager
2) Lying as a villager

Now, there are times when you have to fudge the truth or not tell the whole truth (like when you're the seer). But in general, villager lying is a bad thing.

The wolves know more than the villagers do. Deception is THEIR friend - not the villagers' friend. The more correct information villagers have at their disposal, the more likely they are to win.

We got lucky that Chubby ended up being a converted spawn, but the lie there almost cost us a villager and could have lost us the game.

(Chubby, not picking on you, just using this as an example to make my point.)

jeheinz72 07-18-2008 09:02 AM

Nice! Good win folks. I loved this game but at times it drove me absolutely bat-shit crazy. I perpetually felt behind the times information wise. A lot of that is my fault for missing Monday in addition to the weekend play.

But hey, we won and I lived until the end, even with clap and hoops all up in my bid'ness early on.

BK - I assume I was the Gut Feeling role? No offense, but that's not a fun role at all.

Als, saldana, why Jackal at the end and not someone more clear-cut trusted, like KWhit?

st.cronin 07-18-2008 09:08 AM

I have successfully used deception as a villager quite a few times. I think its an important weapon, although difficult to use.

KWhit 07-18-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1783859)
I have successfully used deception as a villager quite a few times. I think its an important weapon, although difficult to use.

Nah. Stop trying to refute my position with facts.

I'm right. Trust me.

claphamsa 07-18-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1783864)
Nah. Stop trying to refute my position with facts.

I'm right. Trust me.

hahahahaha!

hes ready for congress!

KWhit 07-18-2008 10:07 AM

Yeah. Trying to get into character for the next game.

oliegirl 07-18-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

We wanted to evolve the overlord, but in order to do so, we had to do NOTHING during night cycle. Even sleeping or faking an action would have counted as "something", so I was very worried about getting "caught" as I thought it would be very obvious that nothing was done by one or more of us.

The 3 PM things was VERY difficult. We'd try to cram as much info as we could into each PM, but there were questions and discussions that just didn't get to be answered b/c it would have exhausted our PM's. I think had we been able to converse more, we would have played very differently. We would have been able to weigh the pros and cons of different candidates for conversion/night kill, and probably would have chosen different people.

The first night we all worked together, we were seeing exactly what we could do and how "powerful" we were. None of us were what I'd call "experienced" wolves, so that was kind of a strike against us as well. I'm happy with our play overall, I think without evolving the overlord, which would have been very difficult, it would have been a similar end no matter who we chose to convert.

Barkeep49 07-18-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1783855)
Nice! Good win folks. I loved this game but at times it drove me absolutely bat-shit crazy. I perpetually felt behind the times information wise. A lot of that is my fault for missing Monday in addition to the weekend play.

But hey, we won and I lived until the end, even with clap and hoops all up in my bid'ness early on.

BK - I assume I was the Gut Feeling role? No offense, but that's not a fun role at all.

Als, saldana, why Jackal at the end and not someone more clear-cut trusted, like KWhit?

You were incorruptible. You'd have learned if a Spawn attack failed on you. I know having a secret role you never learn isn't a ton of fun, but I think it's important for game balance reasons for the spawn to have survivors who don't know their roles.

jeheinz72 07-18-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1783960)
You were incorruptible. You'd have learned if a Spawn attack failed on you. I know having a secret role you never learn isn't a ton of fun, but I think it's important for game balance reasons for the spawn to have survivors who don't know their roles.

That's cool. I didn't mind so much not knowing my secret role, that's no biggie.

I just don't see the point of Gut Feeling. It's like, if someone is getting 2-4 votes then they're likely on/around the chopping block and no one will really believe/care what they say anyhow. And it's not really a public declaration that helps much.

Unless I'm missing a way in which it could be used.

hoopsguy 07-18-2008 11:13 AM

BK, would you be able to post all the role info today? As well as timelines for actions? And, if you are feeling particularly post-happy, maybe some thoughts on what were big points in the game from your perspective? Ex - if Spawn attack slave pens on Night ??? then there is another slave revolt.

LoneStarGirl 07-18-2008 11:15 AM

That is the problem with having women as the wolves, we didn't agree on much. I really wanted to do nothing but work on the over lord, but I was overruled. It was my idea to convert PF because I didn't think anybody would suspect both scientests to be wolves. I really wanted to convert Kwhit or Alant instead of Chubby and Saldana... but Sal did a great job staying alive until page 90

claphamsa 07-18-2008 11:28 AM

Damb womne!

oliegirl 07-18-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1783976)
That is the problem with having women as the wolves, we didn't agree on much. I really wanted to do nothing but work on the over lord, but I was overruled. It was my idea to convert PF because I didn't think anybody would suspect both scientests to be wolves. I really wanted to convert Kwhit or Alant instead of Chubby and Saldana... but Sal did a great job staying alive until page 90

I agree with this to a point...I think it wouldn't have been a problem if we'd had more PM ability and been able to discuss it. My fear in evolving the overlord was drawing suspicion by not accomplishing our night actions. Especially me...I was so afraid I'd get spied on and then would have to answer why I wasn't guarding who I'd been told to guard or spying on someone. If we'd been able to talk things out and discuss how we'd handle a situation like that, then it would have been a different story.

Lathum 07-18-2008 01:26 PM

I was the overlord and felt very unwanted

oliegirl 07-18-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1784088)
I was the overlord and felt very unwanted

LOL! At one point I asked BK if the overlord was in the game, and when he told me no I replied and said "well then it's either Lathum or Cronin"...and then followed it up with another PM that said "Or Chief". Glad I was right :)

I really wanted to evolve you, I just didn't see how it could be done without basically outing ourselves as wolves.

Chubby 07-18-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1783845)
I'll say it again. There are a couple of things that I think can really hurt the villagers' chances of winning a game.

1) Late vote switches as a villager
2) Lying as a villager

Now, there are times when you have to fudge the truth or not tell the whole truth (like when you're the seer). But in general, villager lying is a bad thing.

The wolves know more than the villagers do. Deception is THEIR friend - not the villagers' friend. The more correct information villagers have at their disposal, the more likely they are to win.

We got lucky that Chubby ended up being a converted spawn, but the lie there almost cost us a villager and could have lost us the game.

(Chubby, not picking on you, just using this as an example to make my point.)

I know.

Like I said, I only threw it out there to try and NOT get converted/attacked. Would have explained that if I was around when it got questioned..

PurdueBrad 07-18-2008 06:21 PM

I wasn't blowing you guys off, I felt a little bad about dropping that bit of news during BK's wrap-up. But thanks a ton for all your congrats. It'll be our first and I'm excited, nervous, etc. but it should be awesome. Anyway, your congratulations were very nice and I thank you.

bulletsponge 07-18-2008 06:58 PM

i told yall i was a human, and i suggested there was a girl power deal happeing with this spawn. :)

*pats himself on the back*

saldana 07-19-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1783855)

2 reasons....first, kwhit still had a phaser, and the risk of getting injured was higher. second, i took jackal so i could claim the "frame up by killing the person that suspected me" routine that i tried to use....i actually think i had some people thinking about it, but there was just too much math against me.

saldana 07-19-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1783976)

i was converted on the planet, according to BK.

also, as an answer to the question about why i didnt kill kwhit on the last night, i didnt know that I was NEVER going to get any additional powers...i just thought they were taking a really really long time...i was keeping kwhit in because if i had ever gotten an evolved role, specifically the SkinDancer, i would have traded myself for Kwhit, since you could never vote for him, and we would have won.

btw Barkeep, i really liked the idea of the SkinDancer...if it ever had come into play, it would have tested the whole theory of "if i die, but my team wins, do i get to count it as a win"...it really put a whole new WW meaning to taking one for the team.

Barkeep49 07-19-2008 09:11 AM

Yeah it's a good role as it really gives another reason to threaten the CoT though it wasn't really mentioned in later days.

KWhit 07-19-2008 10:47 AM

So there was no Unaware Spawn in the game?

Barkeep49 07-19-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1784597)
So there was no Unaware Spawn in the game?

There were no spawn with ANY role, except Spawn and Queen.

Poli 09-28-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1780503)
doesnt count! it was multiple threads... its wierd looking back tho, you blade or poli lead a vast majoirty of the games... and your the only one who still plays!

Sometimes I search my user name to see if anyone asked something of me with the chance I may have missed it.

I'd probably still play, I'm just way too busy at this point in my life. Life is grand, why ruin it? ;)

Barkeep49 08-18-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1773730)
I've always thought we're a bit Puritanical about the post editing. Considering the edit went in the same minute he posted I feel it's no biggie, though I know most people disagree with me on that.

See? I wasn't lying when I said I liked that part of JAG's game; it's bothered me for over 3 years.

CrimsonFox 08-18-2011 06:13 PM

Wow so many people that don't play anymore.