Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Official 2019 College Football Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96075)

cartman 08-23-2019 07:15 PM

Official 2019 College Football Thread

The games kick off tomorrow! Miami v. Florida and Arizona at Hawaii. Let the games begin!

Kodos 08-23-2019 08:50 PM

Huzzah!

cartman 08-24-2019 09:48 PM

That was a fun game to start the season

Kodos 08-24-2019 10:33 PM

Florida should drop some after a sloppy game like that one.

BishopMVP 08-25-2019 05:29 PM

Either the Florida D-Line is loaded, or Miami's OL is as bad as FSU's was last year.

CU Tiger 08-25-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3247456)
Either the Florida D-Line is loaded, or Miami's OL is as bad as FSU's was last year.

I didn't get to watch the game because of family obligations, but....Miami tool an OL last year who basically had no other offers. A kid I've watched in some camps and watched against my son specifically who wasn't very good. Very good kid not a good player...But had some good clay. MIAMI offered and he committed in about 7 seconds. We talked about him locally thought maybe by his senior year he could be a player....then saw he was STARTING at LT...that tells me all I need to know about their OL

Butter 08-25-2019 08:22 PM

No surprise that was the LT, that poor kid got abused all night

kenbryan 08-26-2019 11:07 PM

I can't wait for season to start

cartman 08-29-2019 09:26 AM

Starting tonight, at least one game per day for the next five days.

JonInMiddleGA 08-29-2019 10:33 PM

GT manages 294 yards offense while getting manhandled by Clemson. Despite questionable playcalling and player usage that's the most GT has gained vs Clemson since their last win over the Tigers back in 2014

JonInMiddleGA 08-29-2019 10:50 PM

Give the devil his due a little bit here. Mark Richt isn't awful as a lengthy analysis guy at the desk after a game.

I don't think his style would translate well in-game, nor do I think he'll be great at halftime (okay, but not great, pace may be too quick), but he's good with explaining the detailed minutiae of how a specific skill/situation is taught.

I'll also say that I felt like I could see him mentally choosing his words for a non-football audience - it's not automatic to him at this point - so he's probably going to get better at that over time.

MrBug708 08-29-2019 11:18 PM

UCLA is a QB away from being much of a bother to anyone. 8-24 and 5 TO's to a team like Cincy? Ugh

Vince, Pt. II 08-29-2019 11:19 PM

I'm not a huge college football guy, but isn't Cincy supposed to be sneaky good this year?

Chief Rum 08-29-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II (Post 3248058)
I'm not a huge college football guy, but isn't Cincy supposed to be sneaky good this year?

Did you watch tonight?

Cincy is a team with some decent players and they are well-coached. They aren't going to beat themselves.

But they showed themselves to be just okay tonight. They played a QB that hit 33% of his throws and turned the ball over four times, including twice on phantom self-fumbles, and the coaching staff (for UCLA) inexplicably started a scat back as not only their primary runner, but really, only runner. They were also missing seven starters, only two of whom were listed as out on the school's self-provided two deep.

The fact that despite all that, UCLA was a horrible refs' call away from being just a FG down with 3 minutes to go, says that UC is perhaps a touch overrated.

Don't get me started on what tonight means for UCLA.

jbergey22 08-30-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3248059)

Don't get me started on what tonight means for UCLA.

I would be shocked if Chip cant turn this around. I mean if he could turn Oregon to what they were there is no reason he cant make UCLA a power. I cant figure out what he is doing at this point though. Have other coaches really caught up to him this fast?

Chief Rum 08-30-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbergey22 (Post 3248060)
I would be shocked if Chip cant turn this around. I mean if he could turn Oregon to what they were there is no reason he cant make UCLA a power. I cant figure out what he is doing at this point though. Have other coaches really caught up to him this fast?

That's the thing. I don't think they have. His offense by the end of the season last year looked phenomenal. Not Oregon phenomenal, but very very good. It appeared he was doing it again, finding new wrinkles and staying ahead of the game.

His problem seems to be that he just... stops... doing it. He gets in his own way. Maddening playcalling like tonight,.where he goes from looking like a genius one moment to looking like he pulled the next play out of a hat. For instance, he left his properly-sized star RB on the bench (admittedly seems he was dinged up) and started a RB/WR who is all of 5"8" 190 or something like that-- and stuck with him all game. He has plenty of other nornal sized RBs, including the backup on his own provided to media two deep for this game, but he runs the scatback ALL game.

His QB is clearly struggling to go through progressions and make even the simplest of passes. Does he pull him to give a look at a backup who is by most accounts not terribly worse than the starter? No. Does he do some short-throw easy completions to get the starter in a rhythm? Heaven forbid.

He's reading his own press clippings right now, like all he has to do is show up. It's pure ego. His own inexplicable decisions are the reasons for the utter failures and yet he's too egotistical and convinced of his own superiority to acknowledge these issues, admit he's wrong and actually do something like make an adjustment to his precious gameplan.

JonInMiddleGA 08-30-2019 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3248064)
His own inexplicable decisions are the reasons for the utter failures and yet he's too egotistical and convinced of his own superiority to acknowledge these issues, admit he's wrong and actually do something like make an adjustment to his precious gameplan.

When did they hire Paul Johnson?

tarcone 08-30-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 3248067)
When did they hire Paul Johnson?

I thought he was talking Kirk Ferentz.

CU Tiger 08-30-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 3248052)
Give the devil his due a little bit here. Mark Richt isn't awful as a lengthy analysis guy at the desk after a game.

I don't think his style would translate well in-game, nor do I think he'll be great at halftime (okay, but not great, pace may be too quick), but he's good with explaining the detailed minutiae of how a specific skill/situation is taught.

I'll also say that I felt like I could see him mentally choosing his words for a non-football audience - it's not automatic to him at this point - so he's probably going to get better at that over time.

Hes getting blasted on Clemson boards today for his goofy SEC fellating post game. He said aTm would be ready for Clemson because they play in the SEC-W...on the ACCN...if the opposite had been said on the SECN he'd be unemployed already

JonInMiddleGA 08-30-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3248082)
Hes getting blasted on Clemson boards today for his goofy SEC fellating post game.

I didn't see/hear that part. I think I was later maybe (he was discussing things like where to position throws on certain routes with, who was it, E.J. Manuel I think)

BishopMVP 08-30-2019 02:19 PM

I thought for sure Dorian would clear through by mid-next week, but it just keeps getting slower and slower. Shouldn't be anywhere near a Hurricane in the Carolinas, but could have some weather effect on that A&M/Clemson game (or tailgate!)

Butter 08-30-2019 06:39 PM

Too early to fire Chris Ash?

Atocep 08-30-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 3248127)
Too early to fire Chris Ash?

Is it already time for the WTF Rutgers posts?

Butter 08-30-2019 07:51 PM

Looks like it was too early, Rutgers is going into half with a double digit lead

tarcone 08-30-2019 08:03 PM

Jonathon Taylor is the real deal. He has a heisman type season and Wiscy is int he playoffs.

Atocep 08-30-2019 08:24 PM

McClane Carter actually looks like a competent qb.

lungs 08-30-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3248132)
Jonathon Taylor is the real deal. He has a heisman type season and Wiscy is int he playoffs.

He's great. And it looks like there is another good one coming behind him in Nakia Watson. Like always, it will come down to QB play. With Quintez Cephus coming back, there some nice weapons at WR too. But if Coan isn't any better than Hornibrook (not a high bar too clear), they'll look great against teams like USF and Illinois but the better Big Ten teams will give them challenges offensively.

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 12:58 AM

Purdue called.

Said WTF just happened.

tarcone 08-31-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 3248146)
Purdue called.

Said WTF just happened.

Purdue being Purdue. "DEFENSE!? We dont play no stinking defense!"

cartman 08-31-2019 11:36 AM

Kiffin and FAU getting destroyed by Ohio State. 28-0 halfway through the first quarter.

JPhillips 08-31-2019 11:37 AM

I was grumpy about OSU playing such an obviously over matched opponent, but then they showed Kiffin and I felt much better about it.

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 11:41 AM

If there's a coach in all the land that seems more likely to be - literally - inbred than Matt F'n Luke I'd hate to see them.

You'd think it'd be difficult for a guy who appears to have the IQ of a turnip to have less football acumen than general knowledge ... and then you see this misbegotten sumbitch & realize it's happening right before your very eyes.

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 12:30 PM

5 of 13 passing for 43 yards
13 carries for -1 yard

Rich Rodriguez ladies & gentlemen

cuervo72 08-31-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3248149)
Purdue being Purdue.

Yeah, I forgot they played last night (vs today). Wife told me the quarterly breakdown and I was basically "oh, they're doing this again, huh."

BishopMVP 08-31-2019 01:38 PM

Iowa State down 13-10 to Northern Iowa late 3rd. South Alabama back within 7 of Nebraska also late 3rd. And on the flip side Maryland up 72-0 on Howard mid 3rd...

thesloppy 08-31-2019 02:52 PM

Northern Iowa playing lights out.

tarcone 08-31-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesloppy (Post 3248166)
Northern Iowa playing lights out.

UNI is a tough in state opponent.

Iowa had to block 2 late FGs back to back to beat them a few years ago.

And ISU is really missing their studs from last year.

BishopMVP 08-31-2019 03:05 PM

And FSU goes down. Willie Taggert remains an idiot.

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3248168)
Willie Taggert remains an idiot.

There's overmatched and then there's Taggert.

Butter 08-31-2019 05:33 PM

Georgia State!

BishopMVP 08-31-2019 05:37 PM

True FR QB Sam Howell looking good for UNC.

Not looking good? Bottom half of the SEC. At least Kentucky survived?

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 05:40 PM

Unless UT wins out from here, I can see no reason for Pruitt to be retained.

And I'd bet that the season won't end without at least one coordinator being relieved of his duties by week 6 or 7.

The shocking part though is that they don't look nearly so much unwilling to compete physically as they look unable to compete physically. Whomever has been taking a paycheck under the guise of being a "strength coach" ought to be charged with fraud.

Butter 08-31-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3248189)

Not looking good? Bottom half of the SEC. At least Kentucky survived?

They had to practice all spring and fall against the SEC, no wonder they're already beat up

BishopMVP 08-31-2019 06:03 PM

Somehow Willie Taggert doesn't have the worst end of game execution & playcalling today.

UNC just took a knee on 4th down & gave South Carolina the ball at the 47 with 10 seconds left. They sack Bentley anyways, but man what a bizarre ending.

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3248198)
Somehow Willie Taggert doesn't have the worst end of game execution & playcalling today.

UNC just took a knee on 4th down & gave South Carolina the ball at the 47 with 10 seconds left. They sack Bentley anyways, but man what a bizarre ending.

I'm not anything resembling a "Mack Brown guy" but his emotion in the post-game was impressively real.

CU Tiger 08-31-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 3248190)
Unless UT wins out from here, I can see no reason for Pruitt to be retained.

And I'd bet that the season won't end without at least one coordinator being relieved of his duties by week 6 or 7.

The shocking part though is that they don't look nearly so much unwilling to compete physically as they look unable to compete physically. Whomever has been taking a paycheck under the guise of being a "strength coach" ought to be charged with fraud.

I’d remind you of Saban losing to ULM ...patience is the name of the game . But I’m not sure that a turn around is possible as long as Fulmer is roaming the halls.

Thomkal 08-31-2019 06:59 PM

Coastal Carolina opened the season on a down-note with the QB throwing four INTs and losing at home against Central Michigan. 30-23. :(

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3248206)
I’d remind you of Saban losing to ULM ...patience is the name of the game . But I’m not sure that a turn around is possible as long as Fulmer is roaming the halls.

Whomever approved the hiring of Jim fucking Chaney as anything above janitor is the start of the problem. Nobody ever grieves his departure, you ever notice that? So how fucking dumb do you have to be to hire him TWICE?

As for Phat Phil, I've long been of the notion that he returned specifically with the intent to do as much damage as possible.

As for the ULM comparison,here's where it seems to fall flat: Saban at least tried by all appearances. He didn't go into that game ineptly causing the loss. That's what Pruitt, by his own words mind you, did this week. Midweek, his own words were about "keeping it simple". And what did that get him? A team that played with no energy at all.

That said however, the tone was set by GSU being not just the more physical team but appearing to be the stronger team. How the fuck do you spend the money that's spent in Knoxville and fail to get players to even a bottom feeding D1 level physically? The fucking food budget in Knoxvegas is likely the same as the entire football budget at GSU.

There may be a time when I'm ready to call for the heads of the (likely numerous) scholarship thieves on the roster but this one appeared to be 100% on the staff that does nothing but draw fucking paychecks.

PilotMan 08-31-2019 07:07 PM

NDSU paid Butler to come play at Target Field in Minneapolis, the second football game to be hosted there (hosted a D3 game in 2017), and as expected, put a 57-10 smackdown on them.

Our redshirt freshman QB, Trey Lance was 10-11 for 185 yards and 4 TD's. Oh, and he also ran 5 times for 116 yards, and 2 more touchdowns. It's early, but that is one helluva an opening game.

cartman 08-31-2019 10:31 PM

No opening weekend stumble for the Longhorns this year. College Gameday is coming to Austin next weekend for the LSU matchup.

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 10:39 PM

I'll be damned, Auburn did it to a Pac-12 team again.

(No, I didn't think they'd pull that one off, not with a struggling freshman QB)

JonInMiddleGA 08-31-2019 11:43 PM

Quality control, sportswriting edition:
From the AP story about Wyoming upsetting Missouri

"It was the second upset win on the day by a Mountain West Conference team against a Southeastern Conference member. Earlier Saturday, Boise State beat Florida State 36-31 in Tallahassee, Florida."

MizzouRah 09-01-2019 09:04 AM

Good to see Mizzou has a worse defense than last year... I didn't know that was even possible.

tarcone 09-01-2019 11:43 AM

I thought Odom was going to be more hands on with the defense, or running it?

What happened?

MizzouRah 09-01-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3248246)

What happened?

That's a great question. If he's running the defense and this is the result, he might want to look at other options.

panerd 09-01-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3248246)

What happened?

He got more hands on with the defense. :)

panerd 09-01-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 3248248)
That's a great question. If he's running the defense and this is the result, he might want to look at other options.

I know the skill position players are supposed to be faster but good lord our defense is slow. Not even pretending we are "SEC" quality but our secondary should be able to chase down Wyoming right?

PilotMan 09-01-2019 06:33 PM

That was a great game for Wyoming. Coach Bohl has made that them a strong team. He's finally been there long enough that his recruits have finally filled the system.

BishopMVP 09-03-2019 04:08 PM

Alabama -55.5 vs New Mexico St. I think that's the largest spread for a game involving two 1A teams since Houston/SMU in 1989. (FSU/Savannah State closed at -67 a couple years back, but ended up being a no contests when the game was called at 55-0 after 3 quarters.)

MizzouRah 09-03-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panerd (Post 3248251)
I know the skill position players are supposed to be faster but good lord our defense is slow. Not even pretending we are "SEC" quality but our secondary should be able to chase down Wyoming right?

It's the defensive play calling too.. how they let their QB run for that TD baffles me. Nobody around for miles... it's going to be a long season.

Congrats to Wyoming though, well done!

Atocep 09-04-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 3248462)
It's the defensive play calling too.. how they let their QB run for that TD baffles me. Nobody around for miles... it's going to be a long season.

Congrats to Wyoming though, well done!

WVU is going through a rebuild with Neal Brown so Saturday should be interesting. I don't think there's enough experience on offense to score enough to win. The O-Line is inexperienced, the QB will be making his 2nd real career start, and the receivers are mostly freshman/sophomores other than TJ Simmons. Running back is a strength, but requires blocking up front.

The defense is solid on the front 7, but the weakness is the secondary which JMU wasn't able to test at all.

MizzouRah 09-04-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3248529)
WVU is going through a rebuild with Neal Brown so Saturday should be interesting. I don't think there's enough experience on offense to score enough to win. The O-Line is inexperienced, the QB will be making his 2nd real career start, and the receivers are mostly freshman/sophomores other than TJ Simmons. Running back is a strength, but requires blocking up front.

The defense is solid on the front 7, but the weakness is the secondary which JMU wasn't able to test at all.

It will be interesting for sure. I'm not really sure what to expect out of us this weekend.

Edward64 09-04-2019 10:10 PM

FWIW, the Razorbacks are 1-0 but many fans say we should have put Portland State away and had a more convincing win. No one is expecting a breakout season but I'm hoping for a minor bowl assuming a QB steps up.

Sad state of affairs for Razorback nation.

HomerSimpson98 09-05-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward64 (Post 3248764)
FWIW, the Razorbacks are 1-0 but many fans say we should have put Portland State away and had a more convincing win. No one is expecting a breakout season but I'm hoping for a minor bowl assuming a QB steps up.

Sad state of affairs for Razorback nation.

Ole Miss sucks tho. Should be an interesting pillow fight.

Pumped about playing the champs in Death Valley as I think we are a sneaky good team. I havent drank enough of the kool-aid to predict an Aggie win but I think we keep it within 7-10. Clemson is just too damn good right now.

Also excited to see if Ehlinger and the Horns are really back or not.

JonInMiddleGA 09-05-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 (Post 3248803)
Ole Miss sucks tho.

And that's putting it mildly.

CU Tiger 09-06-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 (Post 3248803)
Ole Miss sucks tho. Should be an interesting pillow fight.

Pumped about playing the champs in Death Valley as I think we are a sneaky good team. I havent drank enough of the kool-aid to predict an Aggie win but I think we keep it within 7-10. Clemson is just too damn good right now.

Also excited to see if Ehlinger and the Horns are really back or not.

You arent traveling in to watch the game are you?

Mond gave us fits last year. Lots of missed tackles last week. Jimbo always stresses Venables.

In fact I was actually going to be the upset. Then I saw the line was sitting at 17.5 and while Vegas screws up, they dont usually screw up that bad. In fact the only thing that gives me any confidence in this game is the Vegas line.

Strangely I think what I see as Clemson's weakness may end up being its strength. The DL is way down from last year....and despite aTm's OL issues (which haunt Jimbo wherever he goes) I dont think Clemson can exploit it and get significant pressure on Mond. I actually think this is a benefit though as Id much rather have Mond sitting in the pocket precision passing than letting him roll and play scramble drill. Clemson has a veteran secondary and I expect passing windows to be tight on designed routes.

Elko likewise gave us fits all the way back to his WF days. Hopefully we can open some holes and let ETN eat a bit on the ground.

All in all looks like one of the few games I will get to attend this year and Im stoked to check it out how ever it plays out.

HomerSimpson98 09-06-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3248920)
You arent traveling in to watch the game are you?

Mond gave us fits last year. Lots of missed tackles last week. Jimbo always stresses Venables.

In fact I was actually going to be the upset. Then I saw the line was sitting at 17.5 and while Vegas screws up, they dont usually screw up that bad. In fact the only thing that gives me any confidence in this game is the Vegas line.

Strangely I think what I see as Clemson's weakness may end up being its strength. The DL is way down from last year....and despite aTm's OL issues (which haunt Jimbo wherever he goes) I dont think Clemson can exploit it and get significant pressure on Mond. I actually think this is a benefit though as Id much rather have Mond sitting in the pocket precision passing than letting him roll and play scramble drill. Clemson has a veteran secondary and I expect passing windows to be tight on designed routes.

Elko likewise gave us fits all the way back to his WF days. Hopefully we can open some holes and let ETN eat a bit on the ground.

All in all looks like one of the few games I will get to attend this year and Im stoked to check it out how ever it plays out.

Would absolutely love to be there but I'm blowing my road trip dough to Athens this year.

Solid preview and I was shocked Vegas had us as 20 point dogs (it has since gone down to 17) and that, like you, makes me worried that there is something I dont know. ETN scares me more than Trevor does but the way they complement each other puts a ton of pressure on defenses. We looked pretty salty last week there, but you obviously have to take into consideration the level of competition. We need our front 4 to keep the fat guys off our backers and they need to be sure tacklers.

As for Mond, if he can be more consistent then we have a shot. The problem is for a quarter or 2, he loses his shit and becomes highly inaccurate and makes dumbass decisions. This is starter year number 3 so it's time to put it all together. If he does, he can be a very good QB.

Very much looking forward to this!

cuervo72 09-07-2019 11:45 AM

Iowa - that number font is not an improvement.

BishopMVP 09-07-2019 12:10 PM

Maryland making an early statement, though Syracuse is still in it.

Army triple option also keeping them around vs Michigan, like the Oklahoma game last year.

EagleFan 09-07-2019 01:03 PM

Army stops them to start the 3rd quarter and are driving. If they score a touchdown on this drive there will be a wave of panic in the stadium.

Edward64 09-07-2019 01:28 PM

MO doing quite a job on WV.

Enjoying the Army MI game also. Rooting for the underdog but do think MI has a top 3 colors/uniform.

PilotMan 09-07-2019 02:04 PM

Targeting is stupid on a play like the one that got that kid kicked for Army.

PilotMan 09-07-2019 02:20 PM

The return of the NDSU/ UND rivalry game that's over 100 years olds returns today. The Bison are big favorites for the home opener, but having lost 3 times to them in college there is no point total that is sufficient to win by.

Also, I'm flying this weekend with a UND grad. In aviation, there aren't a lot of us NDSU guys compared to the UND guys so any extra chance to pile on is good. As long as we win I shouldn't have any problem working with him the rest of the trip.

JonInMiddleGA 09-07-2019 02:21 PM

Idle thing I noticed in the box scores ... one of the numerous RBs used by Kennesaw State today vs Kent State is Bronson Rechsteiner.

Yep, that's the son of Rick Steiner.

EagleFan 09-07-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 3249245)
Targeting is stupid on a play like the one that got that kid kicked for Army.

Yeah, that was rather bogus.

tarcone 09-07-2019 03:40 PM

Iowa with their first B1G opener shutout since 1981. That was the year that Hayden Fry turned the program around and they went to the Rose Bowl.

Iowa is good. The defense is really good. You need to watch AJ Epenesa play. He has to be the best DE in the nation.

tarcone 09-07-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo72 (Post 3249223)
Iowa - that number font is not an improvement.

I guess I never noticed and dont remember a change. Still a great uni.

tarcone 09-07-2019 03:41 PM

Nebby offense came to play today

mauchow 09-07-2019 04:44 PM

Badgers......if they actually have good QB play they're gonna be tough to beat.

BishopMVP 09-07-2019 05:13 PM

Probably over anyways, but I would have gone for that 4th & 5? if I was Texas A&M. Play to win.

Atocep 09-07-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 3248549)
It will be interesting for sure. I'm not really sure what to expect out of us this weekend.

I didn't expect 38-7 but it wasn't very far from my expectation. This offensive line is probably the worst of P5s. Neal Brown is all about creating a culture and too many guys left the program this summer to be competitive this year. He has his work cut out for him and he needs to show he can put a competent offense on the field because he failed to do that at Troy and isn't off to a good start at WVU.

In other news, Florida State putting up a hell of a fight against UL Monroe.

RainMaker 09-07-2019 07:05 PM

Those Michigan State uniforms are bad.

Swaggs 09-07-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3249281)
I didn't expect 38-7 but it wasn't very far from my expectation. This offensive line is probably the worst of P5s. Neal Brown is all about creating a culture and too many guys left the program this summer to be competitive this year. He has his work cut out for him and he needs to show he can put a competent offense on the field because he failed to do that at Troy and isn't off to a good start at WVU.

In other news, Florida State putting up a hell of a fight against UL Monroe.

I still feel pretty good about Brown. I had talked myself into thinking there was more talent remaining than there actually is, but I like the discipline and the way he manages the program. There were just way too few, if any, positions where we were physically equal to or better than Mizzou today. Once we get a couple classes in, I think we can get back into the top 4 of the Big 12.

Thomkal 09-07-2019 07:29 PM

Don't look now but Coastal Carolina down 7-6 at the half at Kansas. Missed PAT from being tied. It would be Coastal's first ever win against a Power 5 conference team.

JPhillips 09-07-2019 07:49 PM

Does Kansas really count, though? :)

Thomkal 09-07-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 3249298)
Does Kansas really count, though? :)

They all count baby :) kicker having a bad day though-just missed a FG that would have put them up by 8. :( 12-7 with over 5 mins left.

Thomkal 09-07-2019 09:04 PM

But Kansas just missed a 4th and 3 giving the ball back to the Chants at about the 30.

EagleFan 09-07-2019 09:12 PM

So LSU decides to freeze their own kicker...

Thomkal 09-07-2019 09:14 PM

Woot! Chants win! Didn't really see that coming based on their first game of the season.

EagleFan 09-07-2019 09:15 PM

He made it, but why the timeout? Seems like a wasted timeout to use in the 3rd quarter.

bhlloy 09-07-2019 09:19 PM

Lol Vols

Edward64 09-07-2019 09:31 PM

LSU Texas game turning out to be pretty good back-and-forth.

Butter 09-07-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3249306)
He made it, but why the timeout? Seems like a wasted timeout to use in the 3rd quarter.

Play clock was running out

tarcone 09-07-2019 09:33 PM

Texas defense is weak. Need some DBs.

cuervo72 09-07-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3249252)
I guess I never noticed and dont remember a change. Still a great uni.

Apparently it wasn't new this year, but last year. Still, old numbers were better.

(Same goes for the Steelers.)

jbergey22 09-07-2019 09:42 PM

Tennessee about to get booted from the SEC

Edward64 09-07-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbergey22 (Post 3249313)
Tennessee about to get booted from the SEC

And Arkansas to follow. We are a sad, sad team

(Please Petrino, please come back ... all the action you want, we'll turn a blind eye!)

JonInMiddleGA 09-07-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward64 (Post 3249315)
And Arkansas to follow. We are a sad, sad team

That was like watching two zombies fight over a chipmunk.

JonInMiddleGA 09-07-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3249253)
Nebby offense came to play today

The defense however ...

cartman 09-07-2019 10:30 PM

That was a hell of a game. So close on recovering the onside kick