Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WEREWOLF GMS HOSTING ORDER(LIST IN FIRST POST) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=46248)

Blade6119 01-13-2006 12:18 AM

WEREWOLF GMS HOSTING ORDER(LIST IN FIRST POST)

There has been a growing number of people wanting to host WW games, and a fairly unorganized calling of order or just a race to post signups first. If everyone agrees someone like myself(who has no interest in hosting a game, so im unbiased) can post this. I know hoops is widely agreed upon as the next host, but after him there is some competition going on. Instead of creating a
big fight i figured we could just make a list, first come first serve from here on out. If your next on the list(the person before you is running their game right now) and no longer wish to host just notify and ill move everyone up a slot. Hope this helps clear up a murky situation somewhat, and if you all feel this is not a good option let me know that as well. Im merely trying to help. Im going to limit it to 10, as i doubt we have that many and any more then 10 is like a few months back-logged and i dont want that for this list.

Complex Games
1.PATH12
2.ANXIETY
3.BARKEEP49
4.HOOPSGUY
5.Alan T
6.Tanglewood
7.Coffee Warlord
8.Passacagalia
9.Neon_Chaos
10.Chief Rum

Simple Games
1.Alan T
2.Tanglewood
3.Peregrine
4.Barkeep49
5.Chief Rum
6.st.cronin

Well, hope this helps clear up the murky situation. :)

Schmidty 01-13-2006 12:20 AM

If people actually call this legit (which I am skeptical of), I call spot #4.

Blade6119 01-13-2006 12:22 AM

done and done...i think we can all agree to some system..if you dont like this one suggest a better one

Barkeep49 01-13-2006 12:31 AM

I'll take spot 5, but am happy to move down if any other people who have never hosted a game want a spot.

Blade6119 01-13-2006 12:32 AM

Interesting, 2 people have signed up and spots 2-3 are still open lol

Barkeep49 01-13-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119
Interesting, 2 people have signed up and spots 2-3 are still open lol

I figured dubb wants one and ardent wants the other. I'm guessing Schmidty thought the same.

kingfc22 01-13-2006 12:44 AM

I'll go with lucky #7

saldana 01-13-2006 12:52 AM

i figure i will wait til HP is over and see how many people think i suck before deciding if i want to try again.

path12 01-13-2006 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana
i figure i will wait til HP is over and see how many people think i suck before deciding if i want to try again.

I think you've done well. It may be a little big though.

Blade6119 01-13-2006 01:52 AM

updated for kings entry...i figure dubb and ardent will both sign up in the morning, and i know at least 2 others interested.

dubb93 01-13-2006 02:27 AM

I'll take 3 and let Ardent have 2.

Blade6119 01-13-2006 02:51 AM

nice gesture dubb

SnDvls 01-13-2006 08:41 AM

put me in at #6 I figure that's about April I can clean up my rule set by then

Poli 01-13-2006 09:03 AM

I'll take #2. Barkeep's helping this new guy out, so I may not be ready in time, though.

Blade6119 01-13-2006 10:25 AM

updated, we now have 1-7 full...i dont know if anyone is going to sign up in 8-10 right now, but i will keep updating this list as games go by, replacing people at the top of the list with people below them.

Poli 01-14-2006 06:40 PM

After barkeep's positive suggestions, I'm looking forward to this. I think he may be ineligible, though. :)

Blade6119 01-14-2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
After barkeep's positive suggestions, I'm looking forward to this. I think he may be ineligible, though. :)

i know mr. w helped hoopsguy, and since is now ineligible for hoops' game

hoopsguy 01-14-2006 08:38 PM

Actually, it was Barkeep who helped me as well. And we mutually agreed he knew too much to be able to play it. Mr W (along with everyone else), please feel free to play in my game when I post the rules.

Coder 01-14-2006 09:24 PM

Aas long as you allow me to be a part of it, I don't care which order you're doing it in... I'm having an absolute blast in the harry potter one (which is my first), and even though I don't have the deep analysis compulsion as most people do, I think it's far more fun than I ever imagined it to be...

Now lets kill those death eaters!

Schmidty 01-18-2006 01:00 AM

Will we have the right to decide if someone should be barred from our particular games? If not, I withdraw my application.

Coder 01-18-2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty
Will we have the right to decide if someone should be barred from our particular games? If not, I withdraw my application.

Oh boy.. I'm not welcome anymore :(

Schmidty 01-18-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coder
Oh boy.. I'm not welcome anymore :(

Heh.

You've handled yourself extremely well.

Unfortunately for me, I'm Irish-German and I don't take shit. It bites me in the ass, but I can't help it. ;)

Blade6119 01-18-2006 02:20 AM

I would say as GM you can do whatever the hell you want and people can choose to sign up or not...if you bar someone, that is your decision...i personally would hope no one is barred(yes, i would even let my old nemesis real deal play if i did one) from any games due to drama or hurt feelings over a game, but if you feel it's extreme enough i see no reason to stop you.

Barkeep49 01-18-2006 09:47 PM

I have to say, having been privledged to look at Ardent's and Hoop's games I think everyone will really like them. It's good to see with saldana's current theme game and what hoops and ardent have planned that there still a lot of room for innovation in WW and that the game is nowhere close to having been played out.

hoopsguy 01-18-2006 10:55 PM

Barkeep, thanks for the kind words. I definitely appreciate your help in balancing the roles between the factions as well as being a sounding board for the concept as a whole. The trick over the next couple of days is to nail down a storyline that will be interesting to read. I think that is one area that was particularly fun with the games run by Coffee and Saldana.

I'm expecting that I'll list the sign-up sometime mid/late next week with the idea of kicking off Monday the 30th.

Schmidty 01-18-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Barkeep, thanks for the kind words. I definitely appreciate your help in balancing the roles between the factions as well as being a sounding board for the concept as a whole. The trick over the next couple of days is to nail down a storyline that will be interesting to read. I think that is one area that was particularly fun with the games run by Coffee and Saldana.

I'm expecting that I'll list the sign-up sometime mid/late next week with the idea of kicking off Monday the 30th.

Save me a spot Hoopsy.

dubb93 01-31-2006 09:21 PM

BUMP!

Take me off the GM hosting list please. I have no desire to jump back into the game in the near future.

Poli 01-31-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93
BUMP!

Take me off the GM hosting list please. I have no desire to jump back into the game in the near future.

Hater. :)

dubb93 01-31-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Hater. :)

No, it's just a regular found his way on my ignore list. ;) Otherwise I'd probably jump back into your next game.

Blade6119 01-31-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93
No, it's just a regular found his way on my ignore list. ;) Otherwise I'd probably jump back into your next game.

After a talk i just had with dubb i cant fault him. Everyone else gets bumped up a spot(since hoops is no longer next as well). I may sit the next one out too, i dont know. But i respect Dubbs decision after what i heared, so his request is my pleasure to grant

Poli 01-31-2006 09:29 PM

You should still play in mine.

To be honest, I've felt taking this game off has been rather relaxing, though I do wish I could play in my own game. :)

Schmidty 01-31-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

After a talk i just had with dubb i cant fault him. Everyone else gets bumped up a spot(since hoops is no longer next as well). I may sit the next one out too, i dont know. But i respect Dubbs decision after what i heared, so his request is my pleasure to grant

I'd like to know what you heard.

I know that Dubb and I are cool, since we hashed it out yesterday.

Eaglesfan27 01-31-2006 09:39 PM

I'm curious too. I didn't have any further comments or discussion with dubb other than my few posts in the game thread.

Blade6119 01-31-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

I'd like to know what you heard.

I know that Dubb and I are cool, since we hashed it out yesterday.

He had a private discussion with a player that has played past games with us in which said player was entirely classless. It was rather unflattering if you understand me. We dont need to name names, but i respect how he handled it. If i had recieved the same PMs i would have caused a huge fight.

Blade6119 01-31-2006 09:42 PM

dola, that person is still alive as well, so for their sake i wont name names

Eaglesfan27 01-31-2006 09:43 PM

Well, it wasn't me. I didn't send him any PM's.

Peregrine 01-31-2006 09:54 PM

Hmm, I see the monster I created is still rampaging around. Good luck to all the WW moderators!

Schmidty 01-31-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine
Hmm, I see the monster I created is still rampaging around. Good luck to all the WW moderators!

That was vague. Why is everyone afraid to just say what they mean, and mean what they say?

Poli 01-31-2006 10:08 PM

I PM everyone. I call it spam. If you haven't got a PM from me, you're not in the know, you know?

Schmidty 01-31-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

He had a private discussion with a player that has played past games with us in which said player was entirely classless. It was rather unflattering if you understand me. We dont need to name names, but i respect how he handled it. If i had recieved the same PMs i would have caused a huge fight.

Ok, I'm pretty sure it was RPI, although that was just a guess. Regardless, quitting because of one dude isn't the best decision IMO.

Poli 01-31-2006 10:15 PM

I never mentioned this to anyone but dubb, but I did get a PM from another player other than a wolf during the last game.

I just ignored it. Laughed, but ignored it, since it was from a villager. :)

Blade6119 01-31-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

I never mentioned this to anyone but dubb, but I did get a PM from another player other than a wolf during the last game.

Ive gotten 3 this game...its annoying, but such is

dubb93 01-31-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

:D

JeeberD 02-01-2006 08:27 AM

Quote:

That was vague. Why is everyone afraid to just say what they mean, and mean what they say?

He's the one who brought WW to FOFC, that's all he's talking about...

Blade6119 02-07-2006 06:28 AM

ARDENT, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ON THE CLOCK!!!!

Coder 02-07-2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

ARDENT, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ON THE CLOCK!!!!

Not sure Werewolf is the first thing he's thinking about right now. Might be a good idea to slide him down at least one notch.. though obviously we should wait to see if he has any wishes.

hoopsguy 02-07-2006 07:04 AM

Drop me back in the mix to host one whenever there is an opening. Although if my turn somehow comes up in March then I'll defer to April - no way I'm doing this while the NCAA tourney is running!

Blade6119 02-07-2006 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coder
Not sure Werewolf is the first thing he's thinking about right now. Might be a good idea to slide him down at least one notch.. though obviously we should wait to see if he has any wishes.

I know, i talk with him on aim quite regularly..just putting this out there for him...sometimes when im down i need i like things to take my mind off the pain. Until he says otherwise, the spot is still his.

Poli 02-07-2006 08:23 AM

Thanks guys. Give me a few days, and I'll be up and running.

Alan T 02-07-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys. Give me a few days, and I'll be up and running.

Woo!

spleen1015 02-14-2006 10:49 PM

Is it okay for me to suggest a theme to the GMs in this thread?

Blade6119 02-14-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015
Is it okay for me to suggest a theme to the GMs in this thread?

Feel free

spleen1015 02-14-2006 10:53 PM

Cool.

I'm not going to go through all of the games to see if it has been done, but a Star Wars theme following a light and dark jedi scenario would be cool to play in.

saldana 02-15-2006 12:46 AM

Quote:

Cool.

I'm not going to go through all of the games to see if it has been done, but a Star Wars theme following a light and dark jedi scenario would be cool to play in.

patience you must have, rewarded you will be young jedi
;)

Schmidty 02-15-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Cool.

FUCK!

I'm next and that was my idea. Seriously.

I would honestly like to move one spot down, if at all possible, to think of something else.

saldana 02-15-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

FUCK!

I'm next and that was my idea. Seriously.

I would honestly like to move one spot down, if at all possible, to think of something else.

if you are saying that because of me, i seriously have no problem with you doing that game...i really havent even started to write it (i am not even on the list), and actully have something else in the pipe that will probably come out first anyway.

Schmidty 02-15-2006 01:06 AM

Quote:

if you are saying that because of me, i seriously have no problem with you doing that game...i really havent even started to write it (i am not even on the list), and actully have something else in the pipe that will probably come out first anyway.

I actually am not a huge Star Wars fa, so I feel a little insecure about running a game based on it. If someone who isn't playing wants to help me, I'd love to do it, otherwise, I think I'd like to give up my spot.

saldana 02-15-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

I actually am not a huge Star Wars fa, so I feel a little insecure about running a game based on it. If someone who isn't playing wants to help me, I'd love to do it, otherwise, I think I'd like to give up my spot.

check your pm box

TazFTW 02-15-2006 01:46 AM

I remember in one of the early werewolf games, someone asked about a jedi/sith game. Peregrine (I think it was him) responded with a link to a game being held on another board. Might be useful if you can find the link so you can do some research on how that game was run (good things/bad things).

If we can throw out ideas, I was thinking about a game based on 24. Have it time based so that the CTU agents would have to eliminate all the terrorists before 24 hours ran out. Maybe have a day/night turn equal 2 hours so that 6 days and 6 nights would equal 24 hours (that could be too short of a time period). Instead of lynchings there would be being interrogated by Jack Bauer. Terrorists would have a mole role, maybe a Director of CTU/President role which would be like the duke.

hoopsguy 02-15-2006 04:06 AM

Taz, I've been contemplating how to run a 24 game for a couple of weeks. If you would be interested in running one I would be happy to work with you on a rule set.

And there have been a number of Star Wars/werewolf games run over at board game geeks - although none on the first page at the moment.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekfor...rum&forumid=76

Also, for people who have thought about moderating one but are a little unsure about putting together a game, there are so many on this site that you could just sample for themes/rules. Just make sure to give proper credit if you go that route ...

Blade6119 02-15-2006 05:52 AM

So are we dropping schmidty or what?

saldana 02-15-2006 08:05 PM

i believe i am taking over his slot, but wait for final confirmation of that from him

Schmidty 02-15-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

So are we dropping schmidty or what?

I'm giving him my spot, but I don't want to drop. I'd rather just move down.

Blade6119 02-16-2006 05:55 AM

Heres the problem. Do i move you to the bottom of the list for hosting, or just down a spot on the list? Technically barkeep would take over your spot if you dropped down so im not sure how fair it is to push everyone else back and just insert saldana at 2 and drop everyone else a spot. Anyone have a fair suggestion?

hoopsguy 02-16-2006 07:12 AM

I have no problem with however you guys want it to work.

SnDvls 02-16-2006 08:30 AM

Schmidty can take my spot, I'm not sure I'll be able to host for a while.

saldana 02-16-2006 09:14 AM

just let me know, i dont want to piss anyone off by jumping the line

SnDvls 02-16-2006 09:43 AM

if schmidty takes my spot he's not jumping anyone as you are subbing for him and he is subbing for me. If I choose to get back in or find I have time I'll jump to the back of the line, no problems or regrets.

Barkeep49 02-16-2006 09:48 AM

I've said I'd prefer to let first time hosts have their game so saldana can have the slot, no problem with me as I don't have a finished rule set that I'm happy with at the moment anyway as I thought I'd have more time.

saldana 02-16-2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I've said I'd prefer to let first time hosts have their game so saldana can have the slot

first time host? i know you died the first day, but i did do that harry potter thing a couple games ago ;) must be the old age that forced you into retirement catching up.

Barkeep49 02-16-2006 10:50 AM

My apologies to saldana. I am indeed getting to be an old man.

After talking things over with him I'm going to go ahead and run my game. Rules will be forth coming as soon as I put on "paper" my idea.

Blade6119 02-16-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

My apologies to saldana. I am indeed getting to be an old man.

After talking things over with him I'm going to go ahead and run my game. Rules will be forth coming as soon as I put on "paper" my idea.

So put you at #1 now and saldana #2?

Barkeep49 02-16-2006 11:20 AM

Well put me at 1 and we are assuming that schmidty et al are OK with saldana as #2.

SnDvls 02-16-2006 11:24 AM

and schmidty @ #3

Barkeep49 02-26-2006 06:47 PM

I look forward to SnDvls game and asked to be put back on the list at the bottom.

KWhit 02-26-2006 06:50 PM

I'd like to be put on the list. I have an idea for a game that I think will be fun and unique.

SirFozzie 02-26-2006 06:58 PM

same here, while I'd like to jump ahead of the folks who just ran one (but willing to wait if need be), but I have a game hopefully as much fun as my last one (the X-Com game)

Barkeep49 02-26-2006 06:58 PM

So drop me below KWhit and Fozzie. If someone drops out at the last minute though I would be ready to go whenever as my next game will simply be a close variation on the last one to see how it plays out over a longer game.

Blade6119 02-26-2006 07:41 PM

done, done, and done.

Saldana, you are on the clock

Schmidty 02-26-2006 07:56 PM

By the way, I'd like to apologize to Blade - This thread is very useful and was a great idea.

Grammaticus 02-26-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

check your pm box

So, does this mean it is going to be a Star Wars theme?

hoopsguy 02-26-2006 09:20 PM

You can go ahead and bump me back behind SirFozzie and KWhit as well, since I did run one recently. Have a pretty good idea how I want my game to run, but there is no major sense of urgency to unleash it.

SirFozzie 02-26-2006 09:42 PM

Looks like I have WereWolf XXX: Grins evilly..

hoopsguy 02-26-2006 10:14 PM

Just don't make it a Vin Deisel theme :(

tanglewood 02-26-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie

Vin Diesel theme?

I have been working on a Blade Runner themed WW game for a few days and would like a muse with more WW expererience than myself to bounce ideas off/co-write the ruleset with a view to eventually running it here. Applications by PM. :)

SnDvls 02-27-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

I look forward to SnDvls game and asked to be put back on the list at the bottom.

thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure you were refering to my game though? :confused: I do however hope you play in it.

Barkeep49 02-27-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnDvls
thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure you were refering to my game though? :confused: I do however hope you play in it.

Sorry thought you were next. It's saldana. Darn s names :) And I like playing in different peoples games as each one has its own flavor and twists.

SirFozzie 02-27-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanglewood
Vin Diesel theme?

I have been working on a Blade Runner themed WW game for a few days and would like a muse with more WW expererience than myself to bounce ideas off/co-write the ruleset with a view to eventually running it here. Applications by PM. :)

Sheesh, kids these days.. haven't you ever seen a XXX film that didn't star Vin Diesel or Ice Cube? you know the ones with a bow-chick-a-wow-wow for a soundtrack. With surgically enhanced lead females, and Viagra enhanced lead males?? :P

Bah. that joke fell flatter then a souflee smashed by a steamroller.

Nah.. no fun now.

Although I would have loved to see a player's face when he received his role information.

You are RON JEREMY...

Your secret power is to mack with any lady you want, no matter how much you turn off 90% of those watching your ahem, performances..

Blade6119 03-04-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie

According to barkeep you actually dont. RPI repeated a number, so the current game is XXV and not XXIV...so the next game will be XXVI, and you will be XXXI :)

Barkeep49 03-04-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

According to barkeep you actually dont. RPI repeated a number, so the current game is XXV and not XXIV...so the next game will be XXVI, and you will be XXXI :)

This is true. The things you discover doing a statistical survey of voting paterns in werewolf games.

Barkeep49 03-09-2006 11:20 AM

[shameless plug]
For those looking for a fun game experience, but who don't want to devote the many hours needed to play werwolf give a look at paranoia.

[/end shamless plug]

Schmidty 03-09-2006 11:51 AM

Holy crap. I'm next up? I thought I had been moved down a few spots after giving up my spot to saldana.

I'll try to get something together, but I might need help since I've never run one of these before. If SnDvls wants to swap with me, that's fine too.

saldana 03-09-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Holy crap. I'm next up? I thought I had been moved down a few spots after giving up my spot to saldana.

I'll try to get something together, but I might need help since I've never run one of these before. If SnDvls wants to swap with me, that's fine too.

i was planning on taking the next game off after JM'ing, so PM me if you would like some help

SnDvls 03-09-2006 12:26 PM

I've been trying to get out of the rotation for a while now.

back when we did the whole switch/reshuffling. I have an idea for one, but I'm not near as creative as you all are. Also being on the west coast causes many timeframe problems ect.

Schmidty 03-09-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

i was planning on taking the next game off after JM'ing, so PM me if you would like some help

Ok, thanks. I'll take all the help I can get.

The creative part won't be a problem (I think), but my organization skills suck.

Barkeep49 03-09-2006 04:39 PM

I might have to sit the next one out due to WW comments elsewhere so if you want another eyes feel free to pm me.

Blade6119 03-09-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnDvls
I've been trying to get out of the rotation for a while now.

back when we did the whole switch/reshuffling. I have an idea for one, but I'm not near as creative as you all are. Also being on the west coast causes many timeframe problems ect.

Are you trying to tell me you want off the list?

SnDvls 03-09-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Are you trying to tell me you want off the list?

see post #66 & #68

yes off the list. I really don't think I have the time to GM now. If I choose to try it I'll jump in at the end of the list. thanks.

Blade6119 03-09-2006 10:44 PM

Im sorry, i must have mis-understood you...you are now off the list, so king needs to know hes on deck when schmidty starts his game

kingfc22 03-10-2006 10:28 PM

bump