Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Island of Misfit Toys, Take 6.3 - and an invitation to join in (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77567)

QuikSand 04-25-2010 03:50 PM

Island of Misfit Toys, Take 6.3 - and an invitation to join in

It's been quite a while since I played an IMT career, and a good deal has changed since I did so. I also have fallen pretty well behind the curve in terms of gameplanning, but from what I hear the more recent FOF game is more welcoming of the concept of "plan around your talent" that seems fairly attractive to me for this sort of thing. Anyway, I'm thinking about giving it a whirl.

Anyhow, I have set up an empty cupboard career -- playing in the Solecismized NFL, a QuikSim through 2009, and starting right after the 2010 draft with the empty-roster Buffalo Bills.

I am intrigued enough by this idea that I thought I'd post the game files, and see if anyone else might be interested in playing along. I honestly don't know what pace I might be able to keep... but we'll see what happens.

Anyway... if you're interested in a different take on FOF, doing some different evaluation of players (a lower grade of guys than you're probably used to), and maybe some collaboration or at least discussion, I'd welcome you to download the files here, and offer your thoughts on what to do from here. I can volunteer that historically, in my IMT careers, the first year tends to put in place an awful lot of guys who stick around for a decade (usually for lack of preferred alternatives) - so year one tends to be pretty important.

If you'd rather just look in and comment, that's fine too, of course. I haven't had a ton of FOF time of late, and it's my hope that I can maybe learn a bit more about the new game with this effort.

QuikSand 04-25-2010 04:02 PM

Oh, for the uninitiated, the Island of Misfit Toys concept is to build a team completely around undrafted rookie free agents. No player will join this team other than as a rookie who went undrafted. As you might imagine, I have turned off GM firing for this career, as this is usually a pretty long haul toward respectability. In previous versions, I have won titles with IMT teams, but if often felt much more like an exercise in happenstance... landing a creeper or six at the right positions was the real way to get somewhere. That may still be the case, but one thing I always find in these IMT careers is that I learn something about the lower-level players -- especially since many of them are getting tons of playing time, unlike on a more conventional team. So, in case you were wondering what the concept is -- there you have it.

A few previous attempts at (or discussion of) the same concept:

FOF 2004 - Return to the Island of Misfit Toys - Front Office Football Central

FOF4 - Island of Misfit Toys - Front Office Football Central

QuikSand 04-25-2010 04:21 PM

Before I let the thought get away, I will plant a seed right away. Before I exited the draft screen, I sorted the remaining QB by Solecismic test score, expecting just to note the top handful of guys so I could go look them up -- as I fully expect this team to be a "try not to lose the game" style, at least initially. Anyway, the top of the heap was this guy...who turns out to have four blue combines to go along with that 38 test score.

So, left to my own devices... I'd probably say that this guy was a lock to creep at least a bit in camp, and I would be thinking he's the very likely opening day starter. I suspect most of those zero-looking bars are phony, but I haven't given thought to what he might eventually look like, based on those combines. He does have pretty reasonable sense rush skills (a true rating) so it's at least possible to be thinking about an offensive line with mostly run-blocking skills.

Just a quick thought...

QuikSand 04-25-2010 06:47 PM

Okay... let's see if we can start off with another "maybe you didn't know this" tidbit. Did you know that after the draft, your scout actually sees the current and future ratings, bar-by-bar, of every rookie? All *we* see is the blue (or orange) bars projecting some sort of distorted future projection... but the scout already sees what he thinks is really going on. Now, how do we get him to cough up some of that information?

Work with me here...

Do a Recommend of free agents, seasons 1 to 2, sorted by Current Special Teams rating. Actually, this will likely yield us some useful players anyway - a guy with serious ST skill will always be os at least some use, so why not start building cohesion here and now while we have open tryouts?

Anyway... check out the sorted list. FB Russell Small doesn't have the run blocking I look for in a FB, but he's at least a notch or two above Donaldson's 74 (including the 2nd yr guys is the way to anchor our information here), and that's pretty solid. but that's not really all that exciting -- his blue bar already suggested big potential in ST, so this would have been a target guy for that purpose anyway.

Now, look a few guys further down that sort. What about rookie TE Les Meek? He's sorted here as having a current ST between 63 and 74... but his blue bar is only something like 30-63. Maybe not a shock, but it's at least possible that this guy's "true" ST bar is something like 60/70 right now, and that blue bar is a phony underrating of his actual skill/potential.

This isn't the most jarring example I have ever seen, but it's a useful tool to sort through rookies. When I see a guy who has an *actual* rating that's demonstrably better than his supposed *future* (blue/orange) rating, I figure that guy might be hiding something good, and maybe he's worth a look.

On this team, I reckon both Small and Meek are worth a contract offer.

QuikSand 04-25-2010 07:15 PM

Curious case in OLB Ray Israelson. He has three bars of note, and they are all pretty good ones if we were to slot him at the weak side of a 3-4 front: PR Tech (68-100), PS Strength (48-78), and Punishing Hitter (63-98).

However, the scout doesn't even pick him up when sorting by current PR Tech, so he's no better than a 9/XX there right now. And that 4.70 dash doesn't really back up the pass rushing skill, either. On a normal team, probably not worth a real look... on this team, probably not mush downside, but I don't think this is a guy worth building our formation around. The 3-4 front might still make more sense, given the likely paucity of the talent we'll see at DL.

QuikSand 04-25-2010 07:41 PM

A few candidates for chemistry leaders -- one way this team has to get an edge is through chemistry, so landing some high-personality position leaders (with secure leadership ratings) would make sense here. These are the oldest guys we'll ever see on the team, so might as well make it count.

Code:

POS Player            Group Ldr Prs Rated Notes on Skills
RB  Patrick Scott    10-11  98 100 24/35 Not terrible, endurance
LG  Roc McClain        1-2  97 100 12/35 Run blocker, 4.07 dash
WR  Edward Lee        1-2  96  95 11/28 Looks terrible
RB  Harry Maloney      9-10  96  77 19/28 minor ST, 3rd down skills
SS  Otis Robinson      3-4  94  93 10/26 some man coverage, KR
DE  Lonnie Coffey    11-12  93  86 17/37 PR Tech, endurance
LT  Raymond Hoover    10-11  93  81 12/28 Some Bl Str, not much
TE  Vernon Manning    1-2  90  98  8/18 some ST
WR  Renaldo Nastasi    5-6  90  97 12/22 medium BPR, some others
DE  Justin Godfrey    8-9  87  99 15/36 run D, 7.30 Ag, only 260 lbs
RB  Gary Michalewicz  1-2  86  83 11/12 nothing to see
CB  Gary Kawaguchi    5-6  85  85 11/21 some zone, 45 pos drill

QuikSand 04-25-2010 07:58 PM

It wouldn't be a ridiculous move to decide to pick up G McClain, WR Lee, and TE Manning as offensive position leaders (we'd have to position switch someone to RB/FB). That way we'd have all three group leader in sync, enabling two things:

1) it's just easier to remember to look for the 9-10 and 12-1 guys, and to avoid the (whoever) guys at all offensive positions

2) we can grab multi-affinity guys at QB who can triple up with that group

QuikSand 04-26-2010 05:51 AM

FB Small seems to have better current ratings in several areas than his blues would suggest...

Izulde 04-26-2010 06:03 AM

Intriguing concept to play with though I'd probably be horrible at it, especially since I haven't moved to latest 6.3b version :)

albionmoonlight 04-26-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 2272526)
Before I let the thought get away, I will plant a seed right away. Before I exited the draft screen, I sorted the remaining QB by Solecismic test score, expecting just to note the top handful of guys so I could go look them up -- as I fully expect this team to be a "try not to lose the game" style, at least initially. Anyway, the top of the heap was this guy...who turns out to have four blue combines to go along with that 38 test score.

So, left to my own devices... I'd probably say that this guy was a lock to creep at least a bit in camp, and I would be thinking he's the very likely opening day starter. I suspect most of those zero-looking bars are phony, but I haven't given thought to what he might eventually look like, based on those combines. He does have pretty reasonable sense rush skills (a true rating) so it's at least possible to be thinking about an offensive line with mostly run-blocking skills.

Just a quick thought...

I look forward to reading and following.

And, I know that it is only cosmetic, but I still like to wonder about the backstory of the mildly talented Polish genius from El Paso who ended up playing for N.C. State. Only in America.

QuikSand 04-26-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 2272715)
And, I know that it is only cosmetic, but I still like to wonder about the backstory of the mildly talented Polish genius from El Paso who ended up playing for N.C. State. Only in America.

ping Izulde

MIJB#19 04-26-2010 01:47 PM

Probably the obvious cases here, but SLB Todd Linquist looks like an interesting pass rush technique prospect and RCB Keith Buford has interesting man-to-man skills. LCB T.J. Edwards has some interesting skills (interceptions, special teams). Maybe RB Jessie Ogu as a 3rd down RB? WR Jose Rivero has an interesting 40-time and agility combo.

QuikSand 04-26-2010 02:44 PM

With a quick look at the DB talent available (and knowing a bit about what to expect in any IMT career) I was thinking that maybe the way to go might be to make this a zone-first team, and to look at guys who have good position skill scores from the combine. Sorting rookie DBs by current interception skills yields a handful of guys who look to have decent ability there (always nice) and several safeties with position scores of 40+, supporting at least some combination of zone and interceptions.

QuikSand 04-26-2010 02:46 PM

Dealing with the limited talent pool that we are... do not forget the ability to switch positions. Many of my long-term IMT starters at CB were former safeties, DE were DT (or LB), and so forth. Some positions are really tough to fill in the customary fashion after the draft, don't forget to think outside the box.

QuikSand 04-26-2010 06:01 PM

Fair enough... I may have some time tonight or tomorrow morning, and will probably fill in the initial roster using mostly common sense. Anyone mentioned here will certainly get a roster spot. if I notice anything else interesting along the way, I will try to document my thinking as best I can.

I'm thinking that for year one - where the team will stink anyway - I won't worry too much about creating a serious gameplan. We'll just run a big vanilla and see what players might stand out as "build-around" types afterward.

QuikSand 04-27-2010 05:25 AM

A glance prior to training camp, after a few position switches.

Code:

Front Office Football 2007
Buffalo Bills Roster, Scout Overview

Player                #  Pos  Start Exp  Current Estimate  Future Estimate Cntrct
Capps, Thurman          10  QB          1    11                30                1 yr.
Stephenson, C.J.        7  QB          1    8                40                1 yr.
Bethea, Mark            9  QB          1    7                41                1 yr.
Wisniewski, Tracy      17  QB          1    4                14                1 yr.
Latham, Artie          27  RB          1    31                45                1 yr.
Harmon, Herman          24  RB          1    28                52                1 yr.
Ogu, Jessie            21  RB          1    25                37                1 yr.
Huffman, Andy          47  RB          1    22                45                1 yr.
Small, Russell          40  FB          1    29                37                1 yr.
Brigham, Lorenzo        46  FB          1    22                53                1 yr.
Manning, Vernon        45  FB          1    7                20                1 yr.
Mitting, Isaac          81  TE          1    21                44                1 yr.
Meek, Les              48  TE          1    17                30                1 yr.
Weintraub, Tito        84  TE          1    15                45                1 yr.
McQuilken, Winfred      80  FL          1    22                34                1 yr.
Spencer, O.J.          83  SE          1    19                53                1 yr.
Giles, Carlos          89  SE          1    16                51                1 yr.
Bates, Justin          88  SE          1    15                41                1 yr.
Pulido, Mel            86  SE          1    14                25                1 yr.
Lee, Edward            82  SE          1    11                30                1 yr.
Greene, Ed              53  C          1    21                50                1 yr.
Whalen, Phillip        56  C          1    8                22                1 yr.
Musum, Ryan            67  LG          1    20                28                1 yr.
Rivers, Melvin          73  LG          1    13                38                1 yr.
McLain, Rod            60  LG          1    12                35                1 yr.
Cosgrove, Luther        77  RG          1    18                28                1 yr.
Beyer, Alex            76  LT          1    17                20                1 yr.
Serban, Dennis          70  LT          1    16                41                1 yr.
Holdhusen, Don          68  RT          1    19                54                1 yr.
Mickus, Jose            62  RT          1    15                37                1 yr.
Kitchen, Chester        63  RT          1    11                36                1 yr.
Cothran, Lamont        18  P          1    36                60                1 yr.
Federspiel, Jimmie      4  K          1    31                66                1 yr.
Reeves, Ralph          2  K          1    22                59                1 yr.
White, Lee              97  LDE        1    20                43                1 yr.
Baxter, J.T.            90  LDE        1    18                39                1 yr.
Pallansch, Monty        75  LDE        1    18                36                1 yr.
Sanaee, Bubba          98  RDE        1    21                36                1 yr.
Godfrey, Justin        79  RDE        1    15                38                1 yr.
Ballard, Kendall        96  LDT        1    14                44                1 yr.
Erickson, Michael      94  NT          1    16                50                1 yr.
Rivers, Marvin          58  SILB        1    17                47                1 yr.
Whitfield, Willie      52  SILB        1    13                34                1 yr.
Hanaki, Bert            91  WILB        1    22                44                1 yr.
Beyer, J.J.            93  SLB        1    17                38                1 yr.
Israelson, Ray          54  SLB        1    15                29                1 yr.
Linquist, Todd          55  WLB        1    17                46                1 yr.
Santulli, Ernest        92  WLB        1    10                29                1 yr.
Ford, Lincoln          28  LCB        1    16                62                1 yr.
Edwards, T.J.          25  LCB        1    12                44                1 yr.
Kawaguchi, Gary        33  LCB        1    10                20                1 yr.
Buford, Keith          23  RCB        1    22                52                1 yr.
Blanchard, Allen        20  RCB        1    14                30                1 yr.
Boyd, Kevin            43  SS          1    21                39                1 yr.
Tisdall, Rusty          49  SS          1    10                50                1 yr.
Robinson, Otis          42  SS          1    9                25                1 yr.
Rutter, Quentin        26  FS          1    14                50                1 yr.

$$ - player is suspended, ## - player is inactive, 
** = player is injured, %% - player is on IR. 

Players Under Contract: 57
Inactive: 0
On Active Roster: 57

Salary Cap: $134,800,000
Cap Room: $67,230,000
Maximum for New Player: $67,550,000
Cap Room Lost (to old contracts): $49,410,000

Cap Room Lost Next Year (to old contracts): $0
Cap Room Required Next Year: $0

QuikSand 04-27-2010 07:38 AM

Won't be advancing until at least this evening... left the game files (pre-camp) on a thumb drive at home.

One note -- on this team, even a semi-credible SILB would have a shot at Defensive Rookie of the Year with the potential for maybe 120 tackles... but I'm not sure we're going to have anyone worth anything at all at ILB. Rivers looked like the best run stopper in the URFA class, but that's not saying much -- maybe a Run D rating of about 22 or so, I think. Not a big tackler in the secondary either, so I'm guessing we won't see any one guy with eye-popping numbers.

Also, SLB J.J. Beyer look pretty good, but he is impeding the D7 chemistry, so unless he has a great camp, he's likely getting cut.

MalcPow 04-28-2010 10:10 AM

I really like following these things. I know when I'm looking at scrubs I sort by all the "true" physical ratings to find guys that might have something going on. Go through all the guys with high sense rush, big play receiving, blocking strength, pass rush strength, and punishing hitter. For upfront defenders, a pass rush strength and punishing hitter pairing is usually worth a look. For the DBs, a punishing hitter and another high bump or interception bar can be pretty interesting as well. And I definitely try to dig up an RB with a high breakaway and speed to the outside combo. Those guys have a tendency to creep as well.

QuikSand 04-28-2010 01:28 PM

Okay, finally had time to run a vanilla training camp with that batch of 57 players. Here's the back end:

Code:

Player                #  Pos  Start Exp  Current Estimate  Future Estimate Cntrct
Capps, Thurman          10  QB          1    14                30                1 yr.
Stephenson, C.J.        7  QB          1    11                41                1 yr.
Bethea, Mark            9  QB          1    9                37                1 yr.
Wisniewski, Tracy      17  QB          1    6                19                1 yr.
Latham, Artie          27  RB          1    32                42                1 yr.
Harmon, Herman          24  RB          1    29                47                1 yr.
Ogu, Jessie            21  RB          1    26                35                1 yr.
Huffman, Andy          47  RB          1    21                39                1 yr.
Small, Russell          40  FB          1    31                36                1 yr.
Brigham, Lorenzo        46  FB          1    25                48                1 yr.
Manning, Vernon        45  FB          1    9                20                1 yr.
Mitting, Isaac          81  TE          1    23                40                1 yr.
Meek, Les              48  TE          1    18                28                1 yr.
Weintraub, Tito        84  TE          1    17                39                1 yr.
McQuilken, Winfred      80  FL          1    24                32                1 yr.
Spencer, O.J.          83  SE          1    21                47                1 yr.
Giles, Carlos          89  SE          1    18                44                1 yr.
Bates, Justin          88  SE          1    17                35                1 yr.
Pulido, Mel            86  SE          1    16                26                1 yr.
Lee, Edward            82  SE          1    13                28                1 yr.
Greene, Ed              53  C          1    25                45                1 yr.
Whalen, Phillip        56  C          1    10                23                1 yr.
Musum, Ryan            67  LG          1    24                30                1 yr.
McLain, Rod            60  LG          1    16                35                1 yr.
Rivers, Melvin          73  LG          1    15                34                1 yr.
Cosgrove, Luther        77  RG          1    19                29                1 yr.
Beyer, Alex            76  LT          1    19                22                1 yr.
Serban, Dennis          70  LT          1    18                40                1 yr.
Holdhusen, Don          68  RT          1    21                47                1 yr.
Mickus, Jose            62  RT          1    17                32                1 yr.
Kitchen, Chester        63  RT          1    15                35                1 yr.
Cothran, Lamont        18  P          1    35                52                1 yr.
Federspiel, Jimmie      4  K          1    32                61                1 yr.
Reeves, Ralph          2  K          1    23                61                1 yr.
White, Lee              97  LDE        1    22                42                1 yr.
Pallansch, Monty        75  LDE        1    21                35                1 yr.
Baxter, J.T.            90  LDE        1    19                36                1 yr.
Sanaee, Bubba          98  RDE        1    23                35                1 yr.
Godfrey, Justin        79  RDE        1    18                36                1 yr.
Ballard, Kendall        96  LDT        1    18                42                1 yr.
Erickson, Michael      94  NT          1    16                42                1 yr.
Rivers, Marvin          58  SILB        1    21                43                1 yr.
Whitfield, Willie      52  SILB        1    16                31                1 yr.
Hanaki, Bert            91  WILB        1    25                40                1 yr.
Beyer, J.J.            93  SLB        1    19                35                1 yr.
Israelson, Ray          54  SLB        1    18                35                1 yr.
Linquist, Todd          55  WLB        1    20                38                1 yr.
Santulli, Ernest        92  WLB        1    13                30                1 yr.
Ford, Lincoln          28  LCB        1    19                52                1 yr.
Edwards, T.J.          25  LCB        1    14                38                1 yr.
Kawaguchi, Gary        33  LCB        1    12                21                1 yr.
Buford, Keith          23  RCB        1    25                44                1 yr.
Blanchard, Allen        20  RCB        1    16                26                1 yr.
Boyd, Kevin            43  SS          1    23                35                1 yr.
Robinson, Otis          42  SS          1    12                26                1 yr.
Tisdall, Rusty          49  SS          1    11                39                1 yr.
Rutter, Quentin        26  FS          1    18                47                1 yr.

Players Under Contract: 57
On Active Roster: 57

Salary Cap: $134,800,000
Cap Room: $67,230,000
Maximum for New Player: $67,550,000
Cap Room Lost (to old contracts): $49,410,000

Cap Room Required Next Year: $0

A +5 for Wisniewski is a really good sign. I don't have access to any of the change-tracking utilities at the moment, so I will piece together what I need - but the raw materials are above, at least.

chesapeake 04-28-2010 01:54 PM

I see a nice jump for SLB Israelson right off the bat (15/29 to 18/35).

QuikSand 04-28-2010 01:58 PM

A few quick notes just looking at the bars of these guys before starting with anything...

Wisniewski is clearly the guy to play at QB, but his bars tell us precious little about what style of offense he can run. He has 9 formations, with no real slant among them. Next year, expanding that may be a priority.

At RB, Latham looks passable, rest are usable but nobody is special

FB Small will likely be a long term asset, but not a serious run blocker

TE Mitting looks like the starter there, but a void in RR means he's just beef, no gravy

WR is a mixed bag, no surprise... no strong bias between short-yardage (GD) guys and downfield (BPR) guys, really... some of each to a degree

G McClain had the best dash combine of any OL, and looks like he may be a long term asset for us... some run blocking potential there, and his 35 held

LT Alex Beyer has the look of a high BStr guy whose other ratings may creep over time... even after a -2 camp

I fouled up defensive front more than I had realized, and have to cut two guys just to get things close to realigned.

Looks like SLB Israalson posted a +6 camp and has some real potential -- he was the punishing hitter + pass rush strength profile guy who seems to have panned out well... not much potential as a run stopper, though

DB group is a mishmash of bars, no real theme there either... several guys with solid looking Int bar, at least

QuikSand 04-28-2010 02:22 PM

Okay, I loaded up a gameplan titled "Balanced" (I'm assuming this was from the library published some while ago) and a vanilla 3-4 defense, and I ran season one. I have played enough IMT careers to know what to expect here... if this is news to you, you may want to sit down before continuing...

Code:

2010 Summary for Buffalo Bills

Year                2010                                     
Record              1-15                                     
Winning Pct.        .062                                     
All-Time            7-25                                     
Winning Pct.        .218                                     
Playoffs            0-0                                     
Playoff Visits      0                                       
Bowl Wins          0                                       
Head Coach          Sam Frederick                           
Record              1-15                                     
Winning Pct.        .062                                     
Off. Coord.        J. Gooding                               
Def. Coord.        A. Newton                               

Buffalo Bills          Team      Rank 
Rushes per Game        21.3      32         
Rushing Yards          89.1      31         
Yards Per Carry        4.19      17         
Pass Attempts          33.3      13         
Completions            17.5      29         
Completion Pct.        52.5      32         
Passing Yards          167.6    32         
Yards Per Attempt      5.03      32         
Yards Per Catch        9.58      29 (T)     
Total Yardage Gained    233.9    32         
3rd Down Conversions    36.7      21         
Points Per Game        7.5      32         
Pass Rush Pct.          13.8      32         
Pass Defense Pct.      19.9      32         
Turnovers              35        28         
Turnover Margin        -21      32         

Opponents              Team      Rank 
Rushes per Game        35.5      32         
Rushing Yards          158.6    32         
Yards Per Carry        4.47      27         
Pass Attempts          25.3      1         
Completions            17.9      1         
Completion Pct.        70.9      32         
Passing Yards          218.8    15         
Yards Per Attempt      8.64      32         
Yards Per Catch        12.20    32         
Total Yardage Gained    372.3    32         
3rd Down Conversions    46.1      31         
Points Per Game        31.1      32         
Pass Rush Pct.          23.0      30         
Pass Defense Pct.      74.3      32         
Turnovers              14        32         

Week  Team  Versus        Oppnt 
1    0    at NYJ        37     
2    10    GBY          35     
3    7    at JAX        34     
4    6    CLE          23     
5    0    at MIA        24     
6    10    at PIT        31     
7    11    at BAL        37     
8    3    NYJ          30     
9    3    CIN          37     
10    14    at NED        19     
12    24    at DET        23     
13    6    KCY          36     
14    7    MIN          40     
15    10    NED          34     
16    0    at CHI        27     
17    9    MIA          30     

Passing                Pos  Att  Comp  Yards Y/Att TD    Int  Rate 
17 T. Wisniewski        QB    415  225  2175  5.24  4    21    51.2   
10 T. Capps            QB    118  55    506  4.29  3    2    60.2   
**Team                  ---  533  280  2681  5.03  7    23    53.2   
$$Opp                  ---  405  287  3500  8.64  23    4    112.0 

Rushing                Pos  Att  Yards Y/Att TD    Fum 
27 A. Latham            RB    205  773  3.77  2    4       
24 H. Harmon            RB    102  531  5.21  0    4     
**Team                  ---  340  1426  4.19  2    31     
$$Opp                  ---  568  2538  4.47  27    19     

Receiving              Pos  Targ  Catch Yards Y/Ctc Y/Tar Drop  TD 
83 O. Spencer          WR    128  63    646  10.25 5.05  15    2     
89 C. Giles            WR    116  59    605  10.25 5.22  12    2     
80 W. McQuilken        WR    83    37    430  11.62 5.18  7    1     
86 M. Pulido            WR    62    35    411  11.74 6.63  3    1     
27 A. Latham            RB    43    24    190  7.92  4.42  1    0     
84 T. Weintraub        TE    24    16    126  7.88  5.25  2    1     

Defense                Pos  Tack  Asst  Sack  Hurr  Ints  Defn  PDPct 
58 M. Rivers            ILB  94    34    0.0  1    1    1    72.9   
54 R. Israelson        OLB  79    22    3.0  1    0    6    70.5   
43 K. Boyd              S    78    39    1.0  0    0    2    76.0   
91 B. Hanaki            ILB  76    18    0.0  0    0    0    65.3   
55 T. Linquist          OLB  43    18    4.0  8    0    2    79.1   
52 W. Whitfield        ILB  42    9    0.0  0    0    1    73.0   
26 Q. Rutter            S    38    15    0.0  1    0    1    71.6   
49 R. Tisdall          S    35    15    0.0  0    0    1    73.7   
94 M. Erickson          DT    33    6    1.0  1    0    0    81.3   
25 T. Edwards          CB    32    11    0.0  1    1    3    77.2   
98 B. Sanaee            DE    31    12    1.0  2    0    2    82.7   
96 K. Ballard          DT    31    15    2.5  4    0    0    79.5   
33 G. Kawaguchi        CB    31    12    0.0  0    0    1    72.8   
97 L. White            DE    30    10    0.5  4    0    0    81.5   
23 K. Buford            CB    28    8    0.0  0    1    2    75.3   
92 E. Santulli          OLB  27    17    0.5  5    0    0    77.9   
28 L. Ford              CB    27    11    0.0  0    0    2    72.1   
90 J. Baxter            DE    21    4    0.5  5    0    0    81.6   
20 A. Blanchard        CB    18    5    0.0  0    1    3    79.4   

QuikSand 04-28-2010 02:23 PM

Since the summary doesn't include this stuff...

Code:

Blocking Statistics

Player              Pos Team  GP GS KRB  KRO  BPct  Pnck SkA  PPly SPct 
Musum, Ryan          G  BUF  16 16 21  58  36.2  0    8    504  1.6   
Beyer, Alex          T  BUF  16 16 18  42  42.9  0    13  479  2.7   
Greene, Ed            C  BUF  16 16 17  52  32.7  0    4    484  0.8   
Holdhusen, Don        T  BUF  16 16 10  37  27.0  0    14  486  2.9   
McLain, Rod          G  BUF  16 16 8    37  21.6  0    5    421  1.2   
Rivers, Melvin        G  BUF  16 0  8    21  38.1  0    5    249  2.0   
Kitchen, Chester      T  BUF  16 0  6    15  40.0  0    3    209  1.4   
Whalen, Phillip      C  BUF  16 0  5    13  38.5  0    2    103  1.9   
Small, Russell        FB  BUF  16 11 3    15  20.0  0    0    266  0.0   
Brigham, Lorenzo      FB  BUF  16 0  3    10  30.0  0    0    119  0.0   
Mitting, Isaac        TE  BUF  9  9  3    4    75.0  0    0    210  0.0   
Meek, Les            TE  BUF  16 0  0    3    0.0  0    0    135  0.0   
Weintraub, Tito      TE  BUF  16 7  0    6    0.0  0    0    242  0.0   

Player              Pos Team  RPly OPct 
Musum, Ryan          G  BUF  297  19.5   
Beyer, Alex          T  BUF  286  14.7   
Greene, Ed            C  BUF  276  18.8   
Holdhusen, Don        T  BUF  291  12.7   
McLain, Rod          G  BUF  226  16.4   
Rivers, Melvin        G  BUF  157  13.4   
Kitchen, Chester      T  BUF  103  14.6   
Whalen, Phillip      C  BUF  64  20.3   
Small, Russell        FB  BUF  184  8.2   
Brigham, Lorenzo      FB  BUF  65  15.4   
Mitting, Isaac        TE  BUF  113  3.5   
Meek, Les            TE  BUF  65  4.6   
Weintraub, Tito      TE  BUF  178  3.4   

KRB - Key Run Blocks, KRO - Key Run Block Opportunities, BPct - Key Run 
Block Percentage, Pnck = Pancake Blocks, SkA - Sacks Allowed, PPly - Passing 
Plays on Field, SPct - Sack Allowed Percentage, RPly - Rushing Plays on Field, 
OPct - Block Opportunity Percentage. 

QuikSand 04-28-2010 02:43 PM

While I have the draft app up, here are some notes to myself and anyone reading:

Dash: RB Stan Dillon 4.48, WR Gus Owens 4.47 has some bars, QB Carlos Schmigdall 4.53, C Everett Coffey 5.07, T Ethan Covington 5.02 big bar, LT Butch Penn 5.02, DE Joey Owens bar, ILB Damon Behrendt, MLB Jason Greenwood, OLB Carl Mustian 4.58, CB Edward Brodie 4.46

Sole Test: QB Harry Gosselin 40, S Antonio Lynch 39 3 blue combines, RT Alex Nixon

Strength: G Horace Andrews 37 (three reds!), RG Brad Lowery

Agility: CB Xavier Marx 6.92!,

BJump: DE Xavier Sebek, RB Oliver Bromley, WR Willie Crawford

PSpec: CB Leon Ethridge 52, TE Peter Fredrickson

QuikSand 04-28-2010 02:49 PM

Here's the latest incremental file, to bring you up to date -- into late free agency in 2011. (You need both this file and the one from the first post in this thread)

2011 files

QuikSand 04-28-2010 02:52 PM

At this point, there's a range of things to be done.

-Need to decide who among our young returning players is worth a new contract.

-Need to decide what to do with team chemistry, especially at the D7 where I inadvertently mucked things up significantly (making our SILB position a fairly tough decision).

-Need to scour for new players to add and bring along to camp

-Need to think about a gameplan to use that may fit this team better than the vanillas from year one... I'm wide open on both sides of the ball.

QuikSand 04-29-2010 05:46 PM

Okay, then. Basically, here's my thinking going forward:

-If this team is ever going to be winning, it will be because we have some combination of true quality breakout players, sufficient solid enough role players around them, and then a whole lot of cohesion and chemistry. Basically, if we can land 2-4 impact players a year (impact meaning "guys who might actually get playing time on a real roster") and then otherwise build for chemistry... that's on the path toward a winning season in perhaps 8-10 years from now.

So, in order to have cohesion and chemistry high through that period, I need to lock up a number of players -- pretty much regardless of their skill level -- pretty soon.

That is, I figure, the real path to a winning team here. I'm sifting through the initial roster now, handing out new contracts and probably finding 20 guys who will still be on this roster in 2020.

rjolley 04-29-2010 06:48 PM

What do you do with your draft picks, QS?

QuikSand 04-29-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjolley (Post 2275150)
What do you do with your draft picks, QS?

Arizona gets all of them. It's usually semi-interesting to see what a franchise does by having a top pick (often 1.1) and a double draft just handed to them every season. Usually they end up in big cap trouble before they really get good. I'll try to keep track in the thread.

MIJB#19 04-30-2010 11:08 AM

RB Jeremy Swift (bench press 25), sounds like that power inside (>64) is for real, the third down running (>62) could be lower than advertised, but that combo can be interesting.

RB Gus Gellings (10/15, punt returner, semi-decent receiving skills) might be worth a shot at WR, but the punt returning (>59) alone makes him interesting.

DT Corey Chapman has okay speed (5.00 is decent for a DT) and power (31 bench reps), which seems to be in-line with the advertised blue. He'll be a big liability on running plays (no run defense, so-so play diagnosis). Not sure he can be moved to DE, though.

A 52 position drill for a CB? That's pretty huge. Some of the return skills are bogus (at least the kick returning), but the solecismic score, 40-time and position drill are good enough. And Ethridge is even an affinity match. Must get player.

You probably didn't miss S Kim Alexander and his 48 position drill score.

TE Louie Cooper also interests me as a player with long snapping skills and additionally some run blocking, getting downfield and big-play bars, with some combine scores that support his case a bit (4.73 dash, 7.51 agility, 9'7" broad jump).

And then there's combine skipping SLB Shannon Wynn, with an 80+ special teams bar, 70ish punishing hitter.

QuikSand 04-30-2010 11:15 AM

Thanks... everyone on that list will get an invite to camp, for certain.

QuikSand 04-30-2010 05:54 PM

Pre-camp ratings:

Code:

Stephenson, C.J.        7  QB          2    11                41                1 yr.
Duran, Tommie          6  QB          1    11                24                1 yr.
Wisniewski, Tracy      17  QB          2    8                21                1 yr.
Latham, Artie          27  RB          2    34                39                1 yr.
Harmon, Herman          24  RB          2    30                45                1 yr.
Swift, Jeremy          34  RB          1    27                52                1 yr.
Dillon, Stan            36  RB          1    25                34                1 yr.
Ogu, Jessie            21  RB          2    25                32                1 yr.
Small, Russell          40  FB          2    33                35                1 yr.
Brigham, Lorenzo        46  FB          2    25                45                1 yr.
Woodson, Charles        29  FB          1    22                54                1 yr.
Manning, Vernon        45  FB          2    10                20                1 yr.
Rackley, D.J.          85  TE          1    25                52                1 yr.
Mitting, Isaac          81  TE          2    24                37                1 yr.
Lowery, Riddick        44  TE          1    22                55                1 yr.
Fredrickson, Peter      41  TE          1    20                46                1 yr.
Baillargeon, Riddick    87  TE          1    17                50                1 yr.
Cooper, Louie          11  TE          1    17                32                1 yr.
McQuilken, Winfred      80  FL          2    28                30                1 yr.
Spencer, O.J.          83  FL          2    23                43                1 yr.
Owens, Gus              13  FL          1    19                43                2 yrs
Gellings, Gus          37  FL          1    14                31                1 yr.
Giles, Carlos          89  SE          2    21                39                1 yr.
Pulido, Mel            86  SE          2    18                26                1 yr.
Lee, Edward            82  SE          2    12                26                1 yr.
Greene, Ed              53  C          2    27                43                1 yr.
McKenzie, Shannon      57  C          1    13                53                2 yrs
Musum, Ryan            67  LG          2    28                31                1 yr.
McLain, Rod            60  LG          2    23                35                1 yr.
Lowery, Brad            72  RG          1    20                46                2 yrs
Beyer, Alex            76  LT          2    22                24                1 yr.
Nygaard, Gino          64  LT          1    20                30                2 yrs
Covington, Ethan        71  RT          1    4                40                1 yr.
Springer, Curtis        14  P          1    29                64                2 yrs
Federspiel, Jimmie      4  K          2    38                56                1 yr.
Chapman, Corey          99  LDE        1    21                34                2 yrs
Barlow, Walt            78  LDE        1    20                40                2 yrs
Sanaee, Bubba          98  RDE        2    25                34                1 yr.
Godfrey, Justin        79  RDE        2    19                34                1 yr.
Ballard, Kendall        96  LDT        2    22                41                1 yr.
Grebene, Clarence      74  NT          1    21                27                1 yr.
Brownlee, Ben          93  SILB        1    22                35                2 yrs
Whitfield, Willie      52  SILB        2    19                29                1 yr.
Hanaki, Bert            91  WILB        2    27                37                1 yr.
Borders, Timothy        50  WILB        1    12                53                1 yr.
Israelson, Ray          54  SLB        2    25                38                1 yr.
Wynn, Shannon          51  SLB        1    19                41                2 yrs
Salerno, Quentin        95  SLB        1    15                39                1 yr.
Linquist, Todd          55  WLB        2    21                35                1 yr.
Ford, Lincoln          28  LCB        2    24                46                1 yr.
Marx, Xavier            31  LCB        1    21                43                2 yrs
Edwards, T.J.          25  LCB        2    15                34                1 yr.
Kawaguchi, Gary        33  LCB        2    15                22                1 yr.
Buford, Keith          23  RCB        2    30                40                1 yr.
Ethridge, Leon          22  RCB        1    19                58                1 yr.
Blanchard, Allen        20  RCB        2    16                24                1 yr.
Dillon, Walt            38  RCB        1    7                23                1 yr.
Boyd, Kevin            43  SS          2    28                32                1 yr.
Alexander, Kim          39  SS          1    19                52                1 yr.
Robinson, Otis          42  SS          2    14                27                1 yr.
Wooden, Kenyon          32  SS          1    12                38                1 yr.
Rutter, Quentin        26  FS          2    26                45                1 yr.
Lynch, Antonio          30  FS          1    12                36                2 yrs
Finley, Julio          47  FS          1    11                30                1 yr.

QuikSand 04-30-2010 05:55 PM

Post-camp:

Code:

Stephenson, C.J.        7  QB          2    13                41                1 yr.
Duran, Tommie          6  QB          1    13                26                1 yr.
Wisniewski, Tracy      17  QB          2    10                21                1 yr.
Latham, Artie          27  RB          2    35                35                1 yr.
Harmon, Herman          24  RB          2    32                44                1 yr.
Swift, Jeremy          34  RB          1    28                45                1 yr.
Ogu, Jessie            21  RB          2    27                32                1 yr.
Dillon, Stan            36  RB          1    27                34                1 yr.
Small, Russell          40  FB          2    36                36                1 yr.
Brigham, Lorenzo        46  FB          2    29                45                1 yr.
Woodson, Charles        29  FB          1    24                47                1 yr.
Manning, Vernon        45  FB          2    11                21                1 yr.
Rackley, D.J.          85  TE          1    29                47                1 yr.
Mitting, Isaac          81  TE          2    26                36                1 yr.
Fredrickson, Peter      41  TE          1    25                50                1 yr.
Lowery, Riddick        44  TE          1    24                47                1 yr.
Baillargeon, Riddick    87  TE          1    19                41                1 yr.
Cooper, Louie          11  TE          1    19                32                1 yr.
McQuilken, Winfred      80  FL          2    29                29                1 yr.
Spencer, O.J.          83  FL          2    26                44                1 yr.
Owens, Gus              13  FL          1    21                40                2 yrs
Gellings, Gus          37  FL          1    16                29                1 yr.
Giles, Carlos          89  SE          2    23                39                1 yr.
Pulido, Mel            86  SE          2    21                28                1 yr.
Lee, Edward            82  SE          2    15                27                1 yr.
Greene, Ed              53  C          2    30                43                1 yr.
McKenzie, Shannon      57  C          1    17                53                2 yrs
Musum, Ryan            67  LG          2    30                31                1 yr.
McLain, Rod            60  LG          2    27                35                1 yr.
Lowery, Brad            72  RG          1    22                41                2 yrs
Beyer, Alex            76  LT          2    22                24                1 yr.
Nygaard, Gino          64  LT          1    21                30                2 yrs
Covington, Ethan        71  RT          1    6                40                1 yr.
Springer, Curtis        14  P          1    30                55                2 yrs
Federspiel, Jimmie      4  K          2    39                57                1 yr.
Barlow, Walt            78  LDE        1    22                37                2 yrs
Chapman, Corey          99  LDE        1    22                31                2 yrs
Sanaee, Bubba          98  RDE        2    27                34                1 yr.
Godfrey, Justin        79  RDE        2    23                34                1 yr.
Ballard, Kendall        96  LDT        2    26                41                1 yr.
Grebene, Clarence      74  NT          1    22                29                1 yr.
Brownlee, Ben          93  SILB        1    25                36                2 yrs
Whitfield, Willie      52  SILB        2    22                30                1 yr.
Hanaki, Bert            91  WILB        2    31                38                1 yr.
Borders, Timothy        50  WILB        1    14                48                1 yr.
Israelson, Ray          54  SLB        2    28                38                1 yr.
Wynn, Shannon          51  SLB        1    21                37                2 yrs
Salerno, Quentin        95  SLB        1    17                34                1 yr.
Linquist, Todd          55  WLB        2    24                35                1 yr.
Ford, Lincoln          28  LCB        2    27                46                1 yr.
Marx, Xavier            31  LCB        1    24                40                2 yrs
Edwards, T.J.          25  LCB        2    17                34                1 yr.
Kawaguchi, Gary        33  LCB        2    16                22                1 yr.
Buford, Keith          23  RCB        2    31                31                1 yr.
Ethridge, Leon          22  RCB        1    21                47                1 yr.
Blanchard, Allen        20  RCB        2    18                24                1 yr.
Dillon, Walt            38  RCB        1    8                22                1 yr.
Boyd, Kevin            43  SS          2    30                30                1 yr.
Alexander, Kim          39  SS          1    21                46                1 yr.
Robinson, Otis          42  SS          2    17                28                1 yr.
Wooden, Kenyon          32  SS          1    15                35                1 yr.
Rutter, Quentin        26  FS          2    31                46                1 yr.
Lynch, Antonio          30  FS          1    15                38                2 yrs
Finley, Julio          47  FS          1    13                26                1 yr.

Players Under Contract: 64
On Active Roster: 64

Salary Cap: $141,600,000
Cap Room: $116,560,000
Maximum for New Player: $116,900,000
Cap Room Lost (to old contracts): $0

Cap Room Required Next Year: $4,950,000

QuikSand 04-30-2010 06:40 PM

Buffalo Bills Player Report

(IMTBUF2011c - IMTBUF2011d)

NamePosTeamIMTBUF2011c CurrentIMTBUF2011c FutureIMTBUF2011d CurrentIMTBUF2011d FutureOverall Current ChangeOverall Future Change
Duran, TommieQBBuffalo112413 (2)26 (2)22
Stephenson, C.J.QBBuffalo114113 (2)41 (0)20
Wisniewski, TracyQBBuffalo82110 (2)21 (0)20
Dillon, StanRBBuffalo253427 (2)34 (0)20
Harmon, HermanRBBuffalo304532 (2)44 (-1)2-1
Latham, ArtieRBBuffalo343935 (1)35 (-4)1-4
Ogu, JessieRBBuffalo253227 (2)32 (0)20
Swift, JeremyRBBuffalo275228 (1)45 (-7)1-7
Brigham, LorenzoFBBuffalo254529 (4)45 (0)40
Manning, VernonFBBuffalo102011 (1)21 (1)11
Small, RussellFBBuffalo333536 (3)36 (1)31
Woodson, CharlesFBBuffalo225424 (2)47 (-7)2-7
Baillargeon, RiddickTEBuffalo175019 (2)41 (-9)2-9
Cooper, LouieTEBuffalo173219 (2)32 (0)20
Fredrickson, PeterTEBuffalo204625 (5)50 (4)54
Lowery, RiddickTEBuffalo225524 (2)47 (-8)2-8
Mitting, IsaacTEBuffalo243726 (2)36 (-1)2-1
Rackley, D.J.TEBuffalo255229 (4)47 (-5)4-5
Gellings, GusFLBuffalo143116 (2)29 (-2)2-2
McQuilken, WinfredFLBuffalo283029 (1)29 (-1)1-1
Owens, GusFLBuffalo194321 (2)40 (-3)2-3
Spencer, O.J.FLBuffalo234326 (3)44 (1)31
Giles, CarlosSEBuffalo213923 (2)39 (0)20
Lee, EdwardSEBuffalo122615 (3)27 (1)31
Pulido, MelSEBuffalo182621 (3)28 (2)32
Greene, EdCBuffalo274330 (3)43 (0)30
McKenzie, ShannonCBuffalo135317 (4)53 (0)40
McLain, RodLGBuffalo233527 (4)35 (0)40
Musum, RyanLGBuffalo283130 (2)31 (0)20
Lowery, BradRGBuffalo204622 (2)41 (-5)2-5
Beyer, AlexLTBuffalo222422 (0)24 (0)00
Nygaard, GinoLTBuffalo203021 (1)30 (0)10
Covington, EthanRTBuffalo4406 (2)40 (0)20
Federspiel, JimmieKBuffalo385639 (1)57 (1)11
Springer, CurtisPBuffalo296430 (1)55 (-9)1-9
Barlow, WaltLDEBuffalo204022 (2)37 (-3)2-3
Chapman, CoreyLDEBuffalo213422 (1)31 (-3)1-3
Ballard, KendallLDTBuffalo224126 (4)41 (0)40
Grebene, ClarenceNTBuffalo212722 (1)29 (2)12
Godfrey, JustinRDEBuffalo193423 (4)34 (0)40
Sanaee, BubbaRDEBuffalo253427 (2)34 (0)20
Israelson, RaySLBBuffalo253828 (3)38 (0)30
Salerno, QuentinSLBBuffalo153917 (2)34 (-5)2-5
Wynn, ShannonSLBBuffalo194121 (2)37 (-4)2-4
Brownlee, BenSILBBuffalo223525 (3)36 (1)31
Whitfield, WillieSILBBuffalo192922 (3)30 (1)31
Borders, TimothyWILBBuffalo125314 (2)48 (-5)2-5
Hanaki, BertWILBBuffalo273731 (4)38 (1)41
Linquist, ToddWLBBuffalo213524 (3)35 (0)30
Edwards, T.J.LCBBuffalo153417 (2)34 (0)20
Ford, LincolnLCBBuffalo244627 (3)46 (0)30
Kawaguchi, GaryLCBBuffalo152216 (1)22 (0)10
Marx, XavierLCBBuffalo214324 (3)40 (-3)3-3
Blanchard, AllenRCBBuffalo162418 (2)24 (0)20
Buford, KeithRCBBuffalo304031 (1)31 (-9)1-9
Dillon, WaltRCBBuffalo7238 (1)22 (-1)1-1
Ethridge, LeonRCBBuffalo195821 (2)47 (-11)2-11
Alexander, KimSSBuffalo195221 (2)46 (-6)2-6
Boyd, KevinSSBuffalo283230 (2)30 (-2)2-2
Robinson, OtisSSBuffalo142717 (3)28 (1)31
Wooden, KenyonSSBuffalo123815 (3)35 (-3)3-3
Finley, JulioFSBuffalo113013 (2)26 (-4)2-4
Lynch, AntonioFSBuffalo123615 (3)38 (2)32
Rutter, QuentinFSBuffalo264531 (5)46 (1)51

QuikSand 04-30-2010 06:57 PM

So, I reckon everyone who bumped in camp gets a spot going forward... right? QB might be interesting now... I like the look of Duran a bit.

Dutch 05-01-2010 02:40 AM

I'm curious what happens to Wisniewski. Unfortunately, he's got to play for us to see how he pans out in the end and it might be a whole lotta playing time for nothing...tough call.

MIJB#19 05-01-2010 09:13 AM

Scratching my head here, all but one of my suggestions took huge hits. Especially CB Ethredge's hit is very disappointing and unexpected; -11, ouch...

QuikSand 05-01-2010 09:52 AM

MIJB, my general experience is that while there will be guys with good-looking bars who slide through the whole draft, and there will be guys with some great combines who slide through...it's very rare to find guys with both who do. My usual expectation here is to find *either* low bar creepers (guys like Wisnieswki) or good-bar guys who slide but remain worthwhile.

A guy like Ethridge, even after a -11 camp,might still be worth keeping around, at least for now. Here's a look at him post-camp:

With those reds in zone, int, and ST... I see a guy who could be very solid as a nickel back for the long haul, even.

QuikSand 05-01-2010 10:05 AM

At the start of the 2011 season, I decide to release RB Latham, for several reasons. My plan now is to go with Harmon as the main duty guy (63 power, 89 elus, decent receiving skills) and Swift (99 power, 68 3rd down) as the backup and short yardage guy. With two power-first backs, and better inside run blockers than our tackles, I will plan to push more runs between the tackles than I usually would.

In time, maybe this team becomes one Al Davis would like.

QuikSand 05-01-2010 10:22 AM

After a 1-5 start, Wisniewski has a 47 rating, and I think it's time to calm things down on offense, and just try to play it safer. I rein in the passing game, and we will try to move the chains on offense without doing much aggressively.

In four games with a play-it-safe approach, we post a total of 20 points (3-0-14-3) and I decide it's time to try something new.

So, for the final six games, i tweak some key settings -- and we will try to pass 75% of the time on 1st and 10, and then run 80% of the time on second and long. We'll try to benefit from doing the unexpected.

QuikSand 05-01-2010 11:50 AM

Basically, nothing to see here in terms of the team accomplishing anything. Pretty much as expected.

Code:

2011 Summary for Buffalo Bills

Year                2011                                     
Record              2-14                                     
Winning Pct.        .125                                     
All-Time            9-39                                     
Winning Pct.        .187                                     
Playoffs            0-0                                     
Playoff Visits      0                                       
Bowl Wins          0                                       
Head Coach          Sam Frederick                           
Record              3-29                                     
Winning Pct.        .093                                     
Off. Coord.        J. Gooding                               
Def. Coord.        A. Newton                               

Buffalo Bills          Team      Rank 
Rushes per Game        20.1      32         
Rushing Yards          62.6      32         
Yards Per Carry        3.11      32         
Pass Attempts          34.2      11         
Completions            16.4      30         
Completion Pct.        47.9      32         
Passing Yards          158.4    31         
Yards Per Attempt      4.63      32         
Yards Per Catch        9.68      31         
Total Yardage Gained    203.0    32         
3rd Down Conversions    27.9      32         
Points Per Game        7.7      32         
Pass Rush Pct.          13.3      32         
Pass Defense Pct.      36.6      32         
Turnovers              36        30 (T)     
Turnover Margin        -14      30         

Opponents              Team      Rank 
Rushes per Game        38.8      32         
Rushing Yards          166.9    32         
Yards Per Carry        4.31      25         
Pass Attempts          27.7      3         
Completions            19.3      12 (T)     
Completion Pct.        69.8      32         
Passing Yards          205.1    7         
Yards Per Attempt      7.41      27         
Yards Per Catch        10.62    7         
Total Yardage Gained    366.5    32         
3rd Down Conversions    38.5      25         
Points Per Game        25.9      32         
Pass Rush Pct.          26.2      32         
Pass Defense Pct.      84.8      32         
Turnovers              22        24 (T)     

Week  Team  Versus        Oppnt 
1    14    at NED        34     
2    7    PHI          20     
3    19    at CLE        16     
4    13    at MIA        24     
5    7    at DEN        29     
6    7    OAK          33     
8    3    SDO          29     
9    0    NYJ          23     
10    14    at KCY        30     
11    3    NED          18     
12    3    at DAL        31     
13    3    JAX          30     
14    10    WAS          7     
15    3    MIA          29     
16    10    at NYK        33     
17    7    at NYJ        29     

Passing                Pos  Att  Comp  Yards Y/Att TD    Int  Rate 
17 T. Wisniewski        QB    419  204  1999  4.77  7    17    51.2   
6 T. Duran              QB    124  56    511  4.12  0    9    26.7   
**Team                  ---  547  262  2535  4.63  7    26    45.7   
$$Opp                  ---  443  309  3281  7.41  21    10    97.5   

Rushing                Pos  Att  Yards Y/Att TD    Fum 
24 H. Harmon            RB    135  390  2.89  1    1     
34 J. Swift            RB    93    319  3.43  2    4     
21 J. Ogu              RB    35    129  3.69  0    0     
**Team                  ---  322  1002  3.11  4    29     
$$Opp                  ---  620  2670  4.31  15    21     

Receiving              Pos  Targ  Catch Yards Y/Ctc Y/Tar Drop  TD 
89 C. Giles            WR    123  59    715  12.12 5.81  6    1     
83 O. Spencer          WR    97    45    445  9.89  4.59  1    3     
13 G. Owens            WR    76    37    442  11.95 5.82  3    0     
41 P. Fredrickson      TE    42    23    130  5.65  3.10  3    0     
86 M. Pulido            WR    47    22    210  9.55  4.47  5    0     

Defense                Pos  Tack  Asst  Sack  Hurr  Ints  Defn  PDPct 
91 B. Hanaki            ILB  104  42    1.0  1    0    0    71.9   
54 R. Israelson        OLB  92    19    4.0  1    1    6    72.4   
93 B. Brownlee          ILB  88    37    0.0  0    2    3    73.9   
43 K. Boyd              S    74    34    0.0  0    1    4    77.4   
52 W. Whitfield        ILB  61    15    0.0  1    0    2    75.1   
55 T. Linquist          OLB  43    16    0.0  9    0    1    79.9   
74 C. Grebene          DT    37    21    4.0  6    0    0    82.1   
30 A. Lynch            S    36    12    0.0  0    0    6    80.3   
28 L. Ford              CB    35    7    0.0  0    0    4    76.8   
31 X. Marx              CB    35    7    0.0  0    0    5    75.3   
39 K. Alexander        S    35    10    0.0  0    3    1    81.2   
23 K. Buford            CB    32    7    0.0  0    0    8    80.3   
96 K. Ballard          DT    31    7    0.5  1    0    0    79.7   
78 W. Barlow            DE    30    14    1.0  7    0    0    79.8   
79 J. Godfrey          DE    29    10    0.0  3    0    0    80.4   
51 S. Wynn              OLB  28    10    1.5  2    0    3    76.5   
99 C. Chapman          DE    24    16    0.0  4    0    0    81.1   
20 A. Blanchard        CB    22    8    0.0  0    2    1    76.3   
33 G. Kawaguchi        CB    17    6    0.0  0    0    1    76.3   

QuikSand 05-01-2010 11:52 AM

Tough to say what the stats tell us about DT Grebene, but he had a +2 rookie camp, a pretty good statistical season (9.2 T%, 4.7 PR%) and now scouts at 25/29.

QuikSand 05-01-2010 11:56 AM

I will advance to the next post-draft stage, and post a new file shortly.

QuikSand 05-01-2010 12:07 PM

Notes from the post-draft screen:

QB Winston Cooley - 86 PSpec and 4.37 dash!!! but three greens
C Raymond Booth - 5.04 dash and max run blocking bar
WR Bucky Pexna - 6.96 agil
S Richie Alexander - 47 Sole, 45 PSpec

Young Drachma 05-01-2010 12:11 PM

Interesting stuff, as usual. I've always found this concept interesting and naturally, I'm not nearly good enough at FOF to attempt it, but I'm thinking a baseball variation could be in the offing.

QuikSand 05-01-2010 12:11 PM

Here's a new file... contents to be added to those from the previous ones.

http://www.sevenshuffles.com/QuikSand/imtbuf_2012.zip

MIJB#19 05-01-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 2275938)
MIJB, my general experience is that while there will be guys with good-looking bars who slide through the whole draft, and there will be guys with some great combines who slide through...it's very rare to find guys with both who do. My usual expectation here is to find *either* low bar creepers (guys like Wisnieswki) or good-bar guys who slide but remain worthwhile.

A guy like Ethridge, even after a -11 camp,might still be worth keeping around, at least for now. Here's a look at him post-camp:

image here

With those reds in zone, int, and ST... I see a guy who could be very solid as a nickel back for the long haul, even.

I hear ya. It was just a bit moaning about me giving some so-so advice.

I'll grab the new file and make another set of well educated guesses on guys who seem to be semi-decent but will still likely lose potential after camp. ;)

MIJB#19 05-01-2010 01:15 PM

Some somewhat-obvious suggestions:
RB Michael Barker, 50+ for hole recognition and speed to outside in experience.
WR James Gillespie, returnman (and basically nothing but).
K Scottie Kirchhof, could be a top-notch kickoff specialist, if you're into using a roster spot for that. :D
DE Leo Gerken, run defense potential, punishing hitter.
DT Edgar Hoffman and Mark Terrell, 40-time under 5.00.
DT R.J. Tuholski, 22/29 and only 48% developed, decent strength and agility.
WILB Andy Fitzgerald, decent 40-yd dash.
MLB Jamie Fletcher and SLB Glen Clausen, strange set of bars, very developed for a rookie.
WLB Scott Rust, run defense, zone defense, speicla teams.
RCB Juan Sawyer, punt returning, interceptions, broad jump score.
LT Earl Linquist and LG Colin Huntley, pass blockers with good agility scores.
SS Roy Harrison, 43 position drill.
LDE Derek Alcott.

QuikSand 05-02-2010 01:49 PM

Okay, took a huge slate of stiffs into training camp this year. I think at the end of season three, we can start filling in the roster puzzle a bit -- basically reaching some conclusions on what guys on the roster then are long term keepers, and what slots we feel we have more or less in hand.

QuikSand 05-02-2010 01:51 PM

One interesting twist... QB Tommie Duran, our #2 last year who got around 100 passes in reserve, is already "angry" and unwilling to sign for a year two. I plan to re-sign him after camp if possible, staying at least broadly within my own rules... but will try to avoid such a situation again. In my history, guys who inexplicably are pissed off about playing time are often better than their visible ratings suggest. Interesting tidbit, we'll see if he gets grabbed in free agency before we can reclaim him.