Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The "Revolution (NBC) will probably suck" Discussion Thread (spoilers) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=84943)

Easy Mac 09-18-2012 08:46 AM

The "Revolution (NBC) will probably suck" Discussion Thread (spoilers)

This seems like the kind of show we discuss in threads around here, more so than most other new shows this fall season. So discuss. And because I'm annoying, please don't worry about spoiler tags, hence the declaration of spoilers in the title.

JPhillips 09-18-2012 08:47 AM

But she shoots arrows just like in Hunger Games.

That has to make it good.

saldana 09-18-2012 08:49 AM

i liked it. had the distinct feel of an Abrams show where there is always a little bit of a WTF moment at the end. I was impressed by the amount of violence considering it was a network show...thought it was kind of funny that in 15 years we have regressed to muzzle loading muskets, but the fact that they developed that much of the story that quickly made for a really good first episode.

i have my seasons pass set.

Easy Mac 09-18-2012 09:03 AM

I don't really understand the muskets. So do modern handguns not work anymore? People still are able to make bullets by hand, so why would 15 year old handguns no longer work?

CleBrownsfan 09-18-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Mac (Post 2716394)
I don't really understand the muskets. So do modern handguns not work anymore? People still are able to make bullets by hand, so why would 15 year old handguns no longer work?

This. I was fixated about the lack of "modern" guns after 15 years. They really had to turn to muskets and bow/arrow?! I'm still giving it a shot but I don't think this one will last...

DaddyTorgo 09-18-2012 09:15 AM

Pretty "meh" about this, which sucks because I thought it could be good. -Google-guy...haha. That was funny.
-Pretty convenient that the brother just so happens to be a super-badass fighter who can take out like 10 guys with guns and swords attacking him at once.
-Wouldn't the inhaler have "gone bad" for lack of a better word, in 15 years?
-So I can understand the argument for "cars don't work" because of the amount of electronics in them, but other forms of internal combustion engines should still work judging by these rules hmm? And steam engines...and hydroelectric power...and wind power...
-Saw the "betrayal" and "redemption" way ahead of time - that was pretty damn telegraphed.
-Twist at the end...meh.

saldana 09-18-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2716403)
Pretty "meh" about this, which sucks because I thought it could be good. -Google-guy...haha. That was funny.
-Pretty convenient that the brother just so happens to be a super-badass fighter who can take out like 10 guys with guns and swords attacking him at once.
-Wouldn't the inhaler have "gone bad" for lack of a better word, in 15 years?
-So I can understand the argument for "cars don't work" because of the amount of electronics in them, but other forms of internal combustion engines should still work judging by these rules hmm? And steam engines...and hydroelectric power...and wind power...
-Saw the "betrayal" and "redemption" way ahead of time - that was pretty damn telegraphed.
-Twist at the end...meh.

this was the biggest "uh what" moment for me, along with the fact that they all have really nice clean clothes on and their hair is impeccably clean.

Matthean 09-18-2012 12:04 PM

11.4 million viewers. Highest debut for a drama. Last one to be that high, V. Last one for NBC, Bionic Woman. Considering the logic holes already being mentioned, it will be interesting to see how well this lasts since neither of the previous record setters did either.

DaddyTorgo 09-18-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2716430)
this was the biggest "uh what" moment for me, along with the fact that they all have really nice clean clothes on and their hair is impeccably clean.

Liked the girl's perfect "just off the rack" leather jacket. Or the AC/DC t-shirt.

15 years...original clothes are really going to be ratty as hell, especially being hand-washed with the kind of soaps they'd have available.

BrianD 09-18-2012 12:37 PM

The brother being a good fighter is a necessary trapping for a TV show. If we accept the premise that he is important enough to be looked for over 15 years, we have to accept the premise that he has the skills to evade capture. If we don't accept that premise, this show is over in less than an hour.

The pretty hair and clothes is similar. You won't get a US audience to watch unless it is full of pretty people.

I'd put the gun thing down to the fact that firearms are a hanging offense. People probably could make guns that are more complex, but since they basically have to make their own, that becomes difficult.

The engine issue I don't really have an explanation for. If you can get settled enough to have crops and livestock, you'd think there could be some basic wind power or water wheels or something.

Thomkal 09-18-2012 01:17 PM

Was "Ok" for me, and like most Abrams shows full of holes and inconsistent "rules" for the show's setting. I did like the twist at the end-I had known from the promo that a character was going to have one of the devices and know what to do with it, but I thought it was the fat guy (Ross?) who would know. But wonder what she is doing out there all alone apparently for years if what she does is so important to Earth's future.

Not a fan of the actor playing General Monroe from his ER days unfortunately, but will watch a couple episodes at least to see how the plot and characters develop.

Alan T 09-18-2012 01:20 PM

Probably not a huge surprise to most, but I liked it (as I seem to like most of these type shows). So that means two things usually.. 1) Most of you will end up hating it and be super critical.. 2) NBC will cancel it after 6 episodes :)

I have it on the DVR though and hope it lasts a while

stevew 09-18-2012 01:24 PM

DVR'ing this. Will watch if it's going to last.

DanGarion 09-18-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2716599)

Not a fan of the actor playing General Monroe from his ER days unfortunately, but will watch a couple episodes at least to see how the plot and characters develop.

No no no, it's the guy from..... "THE CAPE!"

Thomkal 09-18-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 2716620)
No no no, it's the guy from..... "THE CAPE!"

Yeah and I hated him even more there! :)

CrimsonFox 09-18-2012 04:23 PM

on another note, I'm loving Lost :)

mckerney 09-18-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Mac (Post 2716394)

Most people probably started with a pretty low repair skill. It's likely that once they'd leveled it up enough to keep firearms in a proper state of repair they had broken most of the modern guns.

stevew 09-18-2012 04:37 PM

it's possible that the electromagnetic field of the earth has changed and therefore rendered electricity inoperable, I think maybe. Just throwing out a quasi possible scientific idea i think.

BrianD 09-18-2012 04:41 PM

From what I have read, main story and plot points are already mapped out, unlike with Lost. I'd like to think that means they have logical rules for their world which they will eventually share with us. I could certainly be wrong, but I am hoping Abrams learned from Lost.

CrimsonFox 09-18-2012 04:50 PM

wait...abrams is doing revolution?

Crapshoot 09-18-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2716430)

"". This drives me nuts. I get its network TV, but dirt and grime is ok in these situations; perfect grooming is offputting in terms of getting me involved in any show. I've only seen ads for Revolution, but this made me think it was going to be silly, NBC style.

CrimsonFox 09-18-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crapshoot (Post 2716684)
"". silly, NBC style.

This is redundant

Crapshoot 09-18-2012 06:42 PM

Point.

stevew 09-18-2012 06:58 PM

From the channel that brought you "Guys with Kids"

BrianD 09-18-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2716667)
wait...abrams is doing revolution?

He is one of the producers. John Favreau is one of the directors.

BillJasper 09-18-2012 07:30 PM

Dumb.

spleen1015 09-22-2012 06:16 PM

They mentioned car engines not working as part of the mystery to WTF happened in a brief monologue at the beginning, I think.

You guys should pay attention.

BishopMVP 09-23-2012 04:12 AM

Lost was tolerable during its slow parts and plot holes because the acting carried it. Locke, Ben, Desmond, even Jack and many minor characters were so good that hokey dialogue was forgiven. Outside of Gus Fring and maybe the woman at the end, Revolution was brutal. As much as I hate judging any show off a pilot, I have a hard time seeing it ever being good. (I'll probably still watch anyway, but I also watched all of FlashForward and Terra Nova.)

Edward64 09-23-2012 07:46 AM

I enjoyed the pilot. I hope its not another Lost with all the teasing (and teasing, and teasing). The fighting choreography could be better but I remember early days of Highlander series and how it got progressively better.

cadmus2166 09-23-2012 08:16 AM

I didn't think it was great, but it was decent enough that I'll give it a few episodes and see where it goes.

Lathum 09-23-2012 08:22 AM

I really enjoyed it. Pace moved along well and it was a fun hour of tv. I dont over think these things to much. I just want to be entertained.

Raiders Army 09-23-2012 10:00 AM

I concur with those who enjoyed it. It's strange, but the Miles character is somewhat likeable and unlikeable at the same time. I like the character, but I don't necessarily like the fact that he's essentially the Han Solo character (albeit without Chewie).

rowech 09-23-2012 10:05 AM

More and more, I've decided scifi fans are outrageously tough on shows.

Lathum 09-23-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowech (Post 2718468)

For sure.

It is like they want every little detail perfect yet complain like hell when the network cancels the show because it is to expensive to produce.

rowech 09-23-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2718470)
For sure.

It is like they want every little detail perfect yet complain like hell when the network cancels the show because it is to expensive to produce.

Yes.

BishopMVP 09-23-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2718470)
For sure.

Disagree. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but outside of Firefly, every canceled SciFi-esque show had horrible acting.

Eaglesfan27 09-23-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowech (Post 2718468)

Agreed. I enjoyed the show. Although, I did wonder about the Asthma inhaler still being good and a few other inconsistencies. I'm hoping these inconsistencies will be explained in future episodes.

Ryan S 09-24-2012 03:15 PM

The doctor has a terrible English accent. Since she clearly can't pull it off, why not make the character Australian?

RainMaker 09-24-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 2718475)
Disagree. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but outside of Firefly, every canceled SciFi-esque show had horrible acting.

BSG was pretty good.

I'm in on the show although I'm in on almost every sci-fi show. My hope for the show is that it doesn't come across cheesy. The concept of a post-electronic world is interesting, but I have a fear it's falling into the trap of stereotypical TV characters. We already have the love story lined up, the quirky sidekick who doesn't fit in, the elite soldier who I'm sure we'll find out was trained by the best in some secret covert part of the military.

I don't need ultra-realistic characters in a show, just different ones. I love Walter from Fringe because he's so unique. BSG was great because the characters weren't one dimensional caricatures. I hope these characters in Revolution are unique and not just your standard fare that are seen over and over in TV shows and movies.

Thomkal 09-25-2012 02:16 PM

So no thoughts on the second episode yet? I thought it was a little better than the first episode, but nothing spectacular. The twist at the very end was interesting though-I'm curious to see how that happened.

gstelmack 09-25-2012 02:33 PM

I missed the first, watched the second. Thought it was okay, I'll probably keep watching. I did keep waiting for Kevin Costner to show up and deliver the mail, though.

Easy Mac 09-25-2012 02:57 PM

Did a 3.5 last night, so it should be good to stay all season, as long as NBC doesn't give it abnormally long breaks. NBC actually won Monday night in its entirety, after finishing last (not counting the CW) all last year.

DaddyTorgo 09-25-2012 04:29 PM

Last night was alright. I'm still onboard I suppose.

rowech 09-25-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 2719125)
BSG was pretty good.

I'm in on the show although I'm in on almost every sci-fi show. My hope for the show is that it doesn't come across cheesy. The concept of a post-electronic world is interesting, but I have a fear it's falling into the trap of stereotypical TV characters. We already have the love story lined up, the quirky sidekick who doesn't fit in, the elite soldier who I'm sure we'll find out was trained by the best in some secret covert part of the military.

I don't need ultra-realistic characters in a show, just different ones. I love Walter from Fringe because he's so unique. BSG was great because the characters weren't one dimensional caricatures. I hope these characters in Revolution are unique and not just your standard fare that are seen over and over in TV shows and movies.

BSG wasn't canceled after it's first season which I think was the point.

wade moore 09-26-2012 07:00 AM

I'm thoroughly in the "it's not bad, hope it gets better" camp right now.

I get very annoyed at "next time on" stuff that gives away major plot points. Some shows I just know to not watch those.

Looks like this needs to be added to the list.

RainMaker 09-26-2012 07:05 AM

I like it so far. You have to give these shows at least half a season to really form an opinion though. But so far it's kept me interested and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go.

BrianD 09-26-2012 12:45 PM

I have a feeling this show is going to end up being different than I thought. I initially thought it was going to be a natural disaster, ensuing chaos, and rebuilding society type show. Now it looks like it will be a man-made disaster for some unknown political/power gain. It may still be good, I just need to reset my expectations.

It will be nice when Charlie (Tracy) gets a few more episodes under her belt. Her acting is a little jarring, but it is close enough to hope that settling into the role will help.

stevew 09-30-2012 01:08 AM

Decent show. Suffers from a bit too much right wing anti-gun control paranoia. But whatever.

Matthean 10-03-2012 11:01 AM

Picked up for the season and setting DVR records for NBC.

Millions Time-Shift Disappointment As 'Revolution' Sets DVR Record

Alan T 10-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthean (Post 2723428)
Picked up for the season and setting DVR records for NBC.

Millions Time-Shift Disappointment As 'Revolution' Sets DVR Record

I fall into this category. I'm watching it recorded every week. Its alright so far, I am hoping it picks up.

rowech 10-03-2012 02:37 PM

The acting on this show is horrible. This show just isn't what I thought it was going to be. Don't think I'll be with it much longer. I don't need an episode dedicated to digging a tunnel or an episode dedicated to getting your hands on a gun. These are fine plots but a whole episode?

Logan 10-04-2012 09:44 AM

I echo the above. Just watched this week's last night and I am so ridiculously bored with everything that goes on, save for "what is up with the blackout?" I hate the lead girl, I hate Miles, I hate the chubby guy, I hate myself as I watch it.

We started using the 30 second skip feature about a half hour into the show, just to hopefully land on flashback scenes. I deleted the season pass from our DVR when it was done.

Hope the rest of you enjoy it. I'll just wiki it at the end of the season to figure out what happened.

cmp 10-04-2012 10:46 AM

I'm enjoying it so far. Nothing great but enjoyable at least.

Eaglesfan27 10-04-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmp (Post 2723923)
I'm enjoying it so far. Nothing great but enjoyable at least.

Me too. I'm still willing to stick out this season and see where it goes.

Easy Mac 10-04-2012 11:28 AM

I started the thread. I'll stay in for the duration, because that's what I do for sci-fi shows. Its decent. Definitely in more on the "why the blackout" than I am on the whole Katniss and Young Hercules storyline.

One thing I wish they would do is give us a better understanding of time that is progressing. They seemed to walk to Chicago in a couple of hours, even though they had to be 20-30 miles out. Then they just walk around for another hour or so and seem to be well outside the city. They're walking almost 200 miles to Indy and want to meet in 2 weeks? That's walking 15 miles a day non stop for 2 weeks? I know they're motivated, but it seems a bit much.

Nitpicking I'm sure, but these things bug me.

stevew 10-09-2012 02:40 AM

I guess this show is basically the Walking Dead without zombies. It seems enjoyable enough, but obviously NBC will find a way to fuck it up.

Thomkal 10-09-2012 07:07 PM

Not a fan of the latest episode-death was pretty pointless-like they realized the actress wasn't very good so they jammed all her life history in one episode and killed her off. And I want to know why Miles sent them to that place to begin with.

rowech 10-09-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2726402)
Not a fan of the latest episode-death was pretty pointless-like they realized the actress wasn't very good so they jammed all her life history in one episode and killed her off. And I want to know why Miles sent them to that place to begin with.

If they killed her off for that then they should look into the whole cast. I deleted this from series manager today. Very disappointing.

Surtt 10-10-2012 08:13 AM

Tried to watch the last episode, but turned it off after the British Chick tells Miles the story of how Katness's love saved her.

They made a big deal of how Katness hates and resents her in the pilot, only a couple of episodes back.

Though, if one of the main characters dies in this episode I need to finish watching it.

wade moore 10-10-2012 08:23 AM

Either I'm really easy on shows or some people are just hyper-critical.

I'm enjoying this show. Is it a master work? No. But I find myself looking forward to it each week.

:shurg:

Lathum 10-10-2012 08:36 AM

I like it but last nights episode was definitely the weakest and most predictable. Just seemed like a lot of unneeded filler.

BrianD 10-10-2012 11:18 AM

I try to be forgiving, but I had trouble with the last episode.
Spoiler

spleen1015 10-10-2012 11:22 AM

After the latest episode, I think the show is starting to get pretty lame.

I still want to know 1) Why did the lights go out? 2) Why did the mom leave her family and turn herself over to the militia? 3) Who else is in this group of people with these power plant necklaces? 4) Who is Randall?

Easy Mac 10-10-2012 11:55 AM

Gus has had Young Hercules for about a month or so... When has Young Hercules found time to shave so closely? His hands are tied the whole time.

stevew 10-10-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade moore (Post 2726567)
Either I'm really easy on shows or some people are just hyper-critical.

I'm enjoying this show. Is it a master work? No. But I find myself looking forward to it each week.

:shurg:

It's never going to be as good as a cable drama because they have to make 2X as many episodes and the budget is going to require many bottle episodes. But I'm watching on DVR too, it's a decent show. Everything is not going to be a 9 or a 10...sometimes you can enjoy a 6.5.

cadmus2166 10-10-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2726704)
It's never going to be as good as a cable drama because they have to make 2X as many episodes and the budget is going to require many bottle episodes. But I'm watching on DVR too, it's a decent show. Everything is not going to be a 9 or a 10...sometimes you can enjoy a 6.5.

I agree. It doesn't have to be the best show on tv, it just has to be decent. At least unlike the recent network sci/fi dramas from recent years (Flashforward, The Event), Revolution seems like it might stay around for awhile.

stevew 10-30-2012 12:33 AM

Decent side boob tonight(for network tv).

Promo for episode totally was a swerve.

the actress who plays Charlie is apparently 29-30 years old(!)...her real age is a guarded secret apparently.

stevew 10-30-2012 12:49 AM

Also, the revelation(two weeks ago) that the hunky spy guy was Gus Fring's(or radio Raheem if you prefer) kid was so anticlimactic. I called that an episode or two prior when Gus went on some long spiel about his son.

stevew 10-30-2012 12:53 AM

Oh shit...i just realized the main character from this show is the Dad in Twilight.

I mean, someone told me that, of course.

booradley 10-30-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2735921)
Oh shit...i just realized the main character from this show is the Dad in Twilight.

I mean, someone told me that, of course.

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhh!!! You're in truuuuuuuuuuuuble!!!!! :)

stevew 10-30-2012 01:29 PM

I'll admit that I was a supporter of the show, but the twist in the promo for last nights episode wAs so embarrassing. I might be out soon if they don't stop acting like the audience is a bunch of idiots

wade moore 10-31-2012 07:02 AM

I've started skipping the promos. This show, more than any other, seems to have gone too far with how much they show in the promos - giving away their twists, etc.

stevew 10-31-2012 07:27 AM

The promo made it look like Charlie had to fuck the crazy druggie guy for medicine to save Nora. If you didn't see it. The ultimate story was more interesting, but they basically made it a a twist for twist's sake.

stevew 10-31-2012 07:39 AM

Dola-
I don't like the fat Google guy at all. Kill him off and bring a different character in. Alarming that I've seen all the eps but have 0 idea what his character's name is.

wade moore 10-31-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2736508)
The promo made it look like Charlie had to fuck the crazy druggie guy for medicine to save Nora. If you didn't see it. The ultimate story was more interesting, but they basically made it a a twist for twist's sake.

Well, yes - in that one.

But in other promos they've given away key plot moments. I don't remember them now, but there were some key plot twists (that were real) in earlier episodes given away in promos.

CrimsonFox 10-31-2012 08:32 AM

Should I even bother?

RainMaker 11-01-2012 08:43 PM

I actually like the show. It's poorly acted and over-the-top which should make me hate it, but I still find it fun. One other thing I like is that they actually give us something in almost every episode that plays into the bigger story arc. Other JJ Abrams shows like Lost and Fringe keep piling on the mystery while rarely giving payoff. This adds some mystery but also is much bigger on telling the story of what happened.

I'm also a big fan of the flashbacks and finding out how everyone became connected and got to where they are.

Leroy Veritas 11-02-2012 11:58 AM

I like the concept, the flashbacks are fun, but they would have to actively try to do a worse job casting the daughter. She's just off on every level.

Marc Vaughan 11-02-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2736518)
Dola-
I don't like the fat Google guy at all. Kill him off and bring a different character in. Alarming that I've seen all the eps but have 0 idea what his character's name is.

I actually think he's an interesting character as he's someone who's intelligent but largely powerless, I expect the show to demonstrate him slowly adapting to things over time and it'll be intriguing whether they have him retain his peaceful nature or become harsher.

(I thought the last episode showed this side of things somewhat)

Marc Vaughan 11-02-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2736534)
Should I even bother?

Yeah - I would, its not fantastic and there are BIG holes regarding things if you think too critically but its an enjoyable enough romp .... think of it like a modern day 'Logans Run' and you're not far off imho.

DaddyTorgo 11-02-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 2737542)
Yeah - I would, its not fantastic and there are BIG holes regarding things if you think too critically but its an enjoyable enough romp .... think of it like a modern day 'Logans Run' and you're not far off imho.

Can they just remake that damn movie already???? :rant:

Marc Vaughan 11-02-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2737544)
Can they just remake that damn movie already???? :rant:

Loved the movie :D

(but I was meaning the TV series spin off with the solar panelled car)

DaddyTorgo 11-02-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 2737545)
Loved the movie :D

(but I was meaning the TV series spin off with the solar panelled car)

Movie's a classic. There's a remake that's been kicking around Hollywood for years I guess...I just want it to be made.

stevew 11-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 2737541)
I actually think he's an interesting character as he's someone who's intelligent but largely powerless, I expect the show to demonstrate him slowly adapting to things over time and it'll be intriguing whether they have him retain his peaceful nature or become harsher.

Yeah, but what's his name...off the top of your head?

wade moore 11-02-2012 02:06 PM

Spoiler

Checked and I was wrong ;).

DanGarion 11-02-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

But it's already been 15 years... How much more adapting do you think he can really do?

Leroy Veritas 11-02-2012 02:43 PM

BTW, I got a chuckle out of Monroe being the same guy who played The Cape. I guess he's an NBC go to actor now for shows with good concepts that aren't particularly well executed.

RainMaker 11-02-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy Veritas (Post 2737524)
I like the concept, the flashbacks are fun, but they would have to actively try to do a worse job casting the daughter. She's just off on every level.

Yeah, the show would be much better if the lead was cast better. She isn't completely terrible, but she shouldn't be a lead actor on a network show.

Leroy Veritas 11-02-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 2737660)
Yeah, the show would be much better if the lead was cast better. She isn't completely terrible, but she shouldn't be a lead actor on a network show.

It's not just her acting, something about her doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but she's just off-putting to me.

GrantDawg 11-03-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

My daughter's favorite character. When it looked like they would kill him in the last episode, she said she would stop watching if they did. I have no idea why (except he might remind her of me).

RainMaker 11-03-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy Veritas (Post 2737665)
It's not just her acting, something about her doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but she's just off-putting to me.

I know what you're saying. I can't figure out if she's cute or not. She just looks off. I do like how all these women who are roughing it outdoors have perfect hair.

Question about the Google guy, was it supposed to be insinuated that she ends up with the young guy who kept helping out? Or was he just a stranger to show the contrast in types.

stevew 11-03-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy Veritas (Post 2737665)

She's 30 acting 20.

DanGarion 11-03-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 2737923)
I know what you're saying. I can't figure out if she's cute or not. She just looks off. I do like how all these women who are roughing it outdoors have perfect hair.

Question about the Google guy, was it supposed to be insinuated that she ends up with the young guy who kept helping out? Or was he just a stranger to show the contrast in types.

I think it was just that he was a stranger that was willing to help them. Since she was still with the Google guy when he left.

Leroy Veritas 11-03-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2737924)
She's 30 acting 20.

I know that, but something about her look is just weird and makes her far less attractive than it seems she should be.

DanGarion 11-03-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2737924)
She's 30 acting 20.

Actually she's 25...

stevew 11-03-2012 02:34 PM

According to her high school newsletter, she's from the class of 2000(making her 30). Unless that was hacked or incorrect or something, which seems really unlikely

DanGarion 11-03-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2737937)
According to her high school newsletter, she's from the class of 2000(making her 30). Unless that was hacked or incorrect or something, which seems really unlikely

According to this news article she's 24.

Tracy Spiridakos hits bullā€™s eye with Revolution - The Globe and Mail

*shrug*

Who really cares.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...acy-spiridakos

stevew 11-09-2012 03:18 AM

Lost boys, the reveal of Randall, a reasonable explanation for what's causing the blackout, and zero posts. Is everyone out?

So we are to believe that the main characters inadvertently developed scalable device that kills power. I'm guessing the 12 pendants were some sort of failsafe? In case the weapon was deployed?

Marc Vaughan 11-09-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2740983)
Lost boys, the reveal of Randall, a reasonable explanation for what's causing the blackout, and zero posts. Is everyone out?

I thought it was neatly done myself - kinda intruiged.

Quote:

So we are to believe that the main characters inadvertently developed scalable device that kills power. I'm guessing the 12 pendants were some sort of failsafe? In case the weapon was deployed?
I was thinking of the pendants as a 'back door' like the secret accounts/passwords which early operating systems had in them to allow their creators easy access ... ie. in case of emergency.

(which would explain why its the people from the company who appear to have them)

stevew 11-12-2012 09:19 PM

There it is..the comical "bad guy killing the underling for mission failure" move.