Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW DII - The Dungeon 2 : Dungeon Harder! GAME OVER!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83748)

Danny 04-27-2012 03:15 PM

I spent one day in level 4 lol

Danny 04-27-2012 03:16 PM

A lich class would be cool with the new necro spell pool

Danny 04-27-2012 03:16 PM

Yeah i vote for a new 3rd unholy / necro spell pool

Danny 04-27-2012 03:17 PM

Id also like to see more importance put on alignment and maybe juy do away with neutral

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:23 PM

My favorite part of the dungeon was seeing

"Someone is fighting this:

Was really fun seeing glimpses of other people's trek like that in thread and also seeing actual combats. This group is so secretive due to werewolf that not many people talked about the stories and things going on in their rooms which is disappointing. Makes the thread more about chatting and trading. I wonder if there are more ways to bring the game more into the thread.

ntndeacon 04-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2648626)
I would make sure all of the fighter had an ability to give them some additional XP as well. Like the Pally's abilities; maybe the Rangers get's Ambush like they have in D&D or Kensai has a weapon focus ability that can be used to enhance their ki for various effects, you get the idea.

We were glad to go through the dungeon naked as a jaybird, and we would like to mention that wasn't really a tail.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:33 PM

Were shop items and treasure items random or preplaced and predetermined by day?

It took about a week for me as a new player to really appreciate buying items and IDing them and getting use out of things like horse and heal pots. (although i really didn't need healpots that much until the deeper dungeons)
And it seemed once I started going shopping and had enough gold finally to buy things, there didn't seem to be cleric items available.
I guess the luck of the draw.
Getting the Chain +1 early on was a lifesaver tho. But I never saw a lot of miscellaneous defense until the ring of Prot +1 that everyone could get. Made me wish clerics could use a shield

ntndeacon 04-27-2012 03:42 PM

perhaps a tinkerer class would be an interesting idea.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:45 PM

GNOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ntndeacon 04-27-2012 03:46 PM

and perhaps some sort of flying race?

Abe Sargent 04-27-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648640)
Were shop items and treasure items random or preplaced and predetermined by day?

It took about a week for me as a new player to really appreciate buying items and IDing them and getting use out of things like horse and heal pots. (although i really didn't need healpots that much until the deeper dungeons)
And it seemed once I started going shopping and had enough gold finally to buy things, there didn't seem to be cleric items available.
I guess the luck of the draw.
Getting the Chain +1 early on was a lifesaver tho. But I never saw a lot of miscellaneous defense until the ring of Prot +1 that everyone could get. Made me wish clerics could use a shield

Part of it is random sue, and the other part is to trade with others using Scrolls. This game rewards getting what you need, and if you have to send 200 gold at someone for what you need, then do it. I can;'t tell you how many Wizard Spel l Scrolls were sold all game long by people wh might have gotten more than teh sale price from Danny. Danny would have loved to have bought a level two scroll of 175 instead of 250 at the DJ sale, and you would have made an extra 50. But that was not done nearly as much as could have been.

Abe Sargent 04-27-2012 03:48 PM

all pms have been deleted

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:48 PM

Are the mage classes really that much more powerful than the fighter/hybird classes? I don't think so. The mages didn't seem appealing and I love mages. Their big XP hike was a definite turnoff in a game focused on winning by XP. I'm still not really sure how both assassins died so fast. Was that just dumb luck abe or were they really underpowered?

ntndeacon 04-27-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2648653)
all pms have been deleted

shoot I still have the pms from the 1st dungeon!

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2648651)
Part of it is random sue, and the other part is to trade with others using Scrolls. This game rewards getting what you need, and if you have to send 200 gold at someone for what you need, then do it. I can;'t tell you how many Wizard Spel l Scrolls were sold all game long by people wh might have gotten more than teh sale price from Danny. Danny would have loved to have bought a level two scroll of 175 instead of 250 at the DJ sale, and you would have made an extra 50. But that was not done nearly as much as could have been.

Everyone I interacted with initially was kind of being a jerk about that and only giving me the exact sale pricefor things. So I think I just stopped trying in that regard.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2648649)

LOVE this idea! WOuld have helped me SOOO much in the spider belfry. hahaha I literally was trying to throw things up there hoing something came crashing down.

Things I'd like to see...
More RP and decision encounters.

Things like the Wheel of Fate and Bywater and KITCHEN FREAKIN MURDERS and such sounded awesome but I never saw any of them. WOuld be cool to have some RP encounters too. Maybe those would have to be inthread or something.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2648655)
shoot I still have the pms from the 1st dungeon!

again I say...you are awesome...

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:58 PM

So Jackal, did the inspector and all the staff of the kitchen basically stand around interrogating each other about the murder and did you then just slaughter everyone in the kitchen? :) The NEW Agatha Christie!

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648632)
Id also like to see more importance put on alignment and maybe juy do away with neutral

Then what would YOU be ? :D Seriously you were the most neutral person in the game. You should have been neutral I think but it DID make you want to fight with hoops. and who doesn't like that!

Abe Sargent 04-27-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648654)
Are the mage classes really that much more powerful than the fighter/hybird classes? I don't think so. The mages didn't seem appealing and I love mages. Their big XP hike was a definite turnoff in a game focused on winning by XP. I'm still not really sure how both assassins died so fast. Was that just dumb luck abe or were they really underpowered?

I think it was a bit of luck, but we were trying to amp them up a bit from the first Dungeon, because there they could set traps for other players but no one used that ability. So I gave them poisoning, and then nothing. I think I just need to beef them to 8 hp and pulling the poisoning mechanic.

This game is complicated enough without having mechanics around that increase the thought space of folks.

Zinto 04-27-2012 04:06 PM

Thanks Abe I had a great time playing. I hate that through out the last week I could not find time to post and right as I was getting settled back at home the game ended.

Zinto 04-27-2012 04:08 PM

This really got me interested in trying to play some D&D or some other game similar to it since honestly I had a blast playing.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 3911
Art

Zinto 04-27-2012 04:10 PM

I was no where near level 10 and I had no chance to get there. I had my original long sword and chainmail and I may still have been poisoned -1 hit. There was no way that we were going to get to level 10 in a three person group since I had just hit six when the game ended.

Abe Sargent 04-27-2012 04:11 PM

Oh, and IO think the interview today with NC A&T went well

Abe Sargent 04-27-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2648673)
I was no where near level 10 and I had no chance to get there. I had my original long sword and chainmail and I may still have been poisoned -1 hit. There was no way that we were going to get to level 10 in a three person group since I had just hit six when the game ended.

bhlloy had cured you when he cured you during tha battle!

Abe Sargent 04-27-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2648668)
Thanks Abe I had a great time playing. I hate that through out the last week I could not find time to post and right as I was getting settled back at home the game ended.

Glad you liked it!!!

Zinto 04-27-2012 04:13 PM

And I loved my curse I wanted to be a jerk to everyone but I just did not have the time. I figured I was just going to post mean disagreeable comments in response to everything everyone else posted

JAG 04-27-2012 04:16 PM

One thing I didn't like was there were a few rooms on level 4 that gave far more exp than others (giants and The Big Q, not sure if there were others). It's probably not a coincidence that all five winners powered up in those rooms. The giants even gave fairly outrageous treasure (PB and I combined for 48k exp, 2800 gold, and 7 items in one day there, though one was cursed). Just seems like it makes things more luck-based about finding those couple special rooms that are worth more than 2-3 other level 4 rooms combined. I do love the mechanics and such of the Q battle though (even though I never fought it), maybe the exp can just be toned down.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 3912
More Art...I gave up on this sheet once it hit this point and made a new one (in pencil ) ;)

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 04:22 PM

Abe can you divulge the initial setup of everyone. Like who was next to who in the circle? I assume the dungeon shape is either a big circle or a ring. But I'm still not really sure

Chief Rum 04-27-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2648674)

Did you take my advice?

Darth Vilus 04-27-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2648680)
One thing I didn't like was there were a few rooms on level 4 that gave far more exp than others (giants and The Big Q, not sure if there were others). It's probably not a coincidence that all five winners powered up in those rooms. The giants even gave fairly outrageous treasure (PB and I combined for 48k exp, 2800 gold, and 7 items in one day there, though one was cursed). Just seems like it makes things more luck-based about finding those couple special rooms that are worth more than 2-3 other level 4 rooms combined. I do love the mechanics and such of the Q battle though (even though I never fought it), maybe the exp can just be toned down.

Those were risky though, if you kept pushing you got weaker and weaker so there was a higher risk of being killed outright. I do see what you mean though, you make a valid point

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 04:48 PM

One thing that I thought was weird was potion and scroll use. As to when you could use them or whether you had to submit orders to use them or if they were "abe-used". Prot scrolls for instance. I learned early on that these would be cast by Abe during combat when the need arose. But the last one it seemed I had to submit that order to use one. (which I did). I think I would consider finding a way to make it all or nothing. Either you have to submit orders for scrolls or you don't and make that the rule across the board.

Items in general too (and I learned the hard way running evil dead just how tricky and pains in the rump items can be). With all the free trading and and instant use of items. The problem is when you have a specialty potion/scroll that you have a question about either for use or trade...there is of course no guarantee that you can get an answer before deadline (as you work etc and can't be on all the time). But that created (for me) the need to be on more since I was trying to coordinate with a party member JUST to see if I'd get an answer before I sent in say movement or combat orders. I guess this was more toward the end where combat strategizing became more critical what with tougher fights.

I think this feeds into the "Either have stuff be all Abe-run" or have it be all "you must submit to use it". I think I'd rather the former simply so there isn't the need to wait around for answers etc. I don't know. I think it needs thinking about. Things like that always run into so many new situations you never can plan for.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 05:34 PM

Maybe if each item had a dedicated stat sheet;

Item Name:
Item Type: Weapon/Armor/Potion/Scroll/Misc Wearable/Misc Nonwearable
When Usable: Morning/Afternoon/Night/Anytime
Where Usable: In Thread/In PM/Automatic (used by Abe when appropriate)
Value in GP:
Visual Description:
Bonus: (+1, +2 vs Lycanthropes, etc)
Special Abilities: (50% chance of killing DV, etc)

That way there'd be no ambivalence. We'd know everything about it and no guesswork on where or when we could use it. And you could just cut and paste from a master list into our PMs. (which you already probably do). This would just clear up any weird or uncertain occurrences.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 05:36 PM

Um....I would like to see Lycanthropes. This is a Werewolf thread and we didn't see any werewolves? :)

So if werewolf infects player, part of the time player is player and part of the time (random rolls? Full moon?) the DM controls PC or the player is just told to hunt players and npcs. Having a wereolf player slaughter the town of bywater would be fun! :D

Abe Sargent 04-27-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648714)
Maybe if each item had a dedicated stat sheet;

Item Name:
Item Type: Weapon/Armor/Potion/Scroll/Misc Wearable/Misc Nonwearable
When Usable: Morning/Afternoon/Night/Anytime
Where Usable: In Thread/In PM/Automatic (used by Abe when appropriate)
Value in GP:
Visual Description:
Bonus: (+1, +2 vs Lycanthropes, etc)
Special Abilities: (50% chance of killing DV, etc)

That way there'd be no ambivalence. We'd know everything about it and no guesswork on where or when we could use it. And you could just cut and paste from a master list into our PMs. (which you already probably do). This would just clear up any weird or uncertain occurrences.

Good idea, bad execution. I just counted for fun and there are 54 weapons and armor of the special type. Then all of the Misc Items, pots, scrolls, mage scrolls, wands, and rings. That's waaaaayyy to many to spend that much time on, you know?

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2648718)
Good idea, bad execution. I just counted for fun and there are 54 weapons and armor of the special type. Then all of the Misc Items, pots, scrolls, mage scrolls, wands, and rings. That's waaaaayyy to many to spend that much time on, you know?

yeah. that would be all prepwork not during game work. but yeah there are many items with special stuff sure. But I guess the crux of the matter is take away any ambivalence to what an item does and when and where it can be cast. So maybe just fine-tooth comb item descs making sure it has all the right info spelled out. The chart above just streamlined it kinda so that you know where to look for each bit of info. But I'm sure there are better ways/categories just as long as there's an organized and clear way about it.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 05:56 PM

or if every single item type were always used in the exact same way . LIke All potions were used at "these" times/places/ways, all prot scrolls, all spell scrolls, all suits of armor, all swords, all rings, etc and down the line. Each item type had specific uses use times and use places and there were no exceptions to that, then you could just do thhose stats once in the beginning rules and be done with it.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 06:07 PM

And I guess if there are REALLY special artifacts or weapons/armor that had to be activated in a different way than the norm, THEN you'd need to go into the big song and dance about the specials and how to use this. But all the others would just be the norm. Like a potion that was an action. Or a sword that had a special power that needed activation.
Or anything that required a combat order PM.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 06:10 PM

oh by the way...go to google, type "zerg rush". Then click on the O's to save your links from getting eaten.

Julio Riddols 04-27-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648728)
oh by the way...go to google, type "zerg rush". Then click on the O's to save your links from getting eaten.

And when you get the ones on top, you better scroll down quick, cause they're coming from the bottom too.

I really enjoyed this game, been a long time since I played some D&D style stuff and it brought back some memories. I'll try and think of some suggestions for what I think would be a good addition or tweak in the future.

Danny 04-27-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2648639)
We were glad to go through the dungeon naked as a jaybird, and we would like to mention that wasn't really a tail.

I actually was naked most of the game. I sold off my starting robes cause I needed the cash and never got another armor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2648647)
perhaps a tinkerer class would be an interesting idea.

Hoops already played that class

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2648649)

In a dungeon?

Danny 04-27-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648656)
Everyone I interacted with initially was kind of being a jerk about that and only giving me the exact sale pricefor things. So I think I just stopped trying in that regard.

People no want to trade with me :(

Danny 04-27-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648665)
Then what would YOU be ? :D Seriously you were the most neutral person in the game. You should have been neutral I think but it DID make you want to fight with hoops. and who doesn't like that!

Everyone loves that lol

Danny 04-27-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648672)

I was dsoing this until day 6 or so and then I stopped lol

Danny 04-27-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2648668)

Yeah and you disagree with everything I said!

Danny 04-27-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2648674)

Cool, congrats!

Danny 04-27-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2648680)

Yeah I do think some of the rooms were too extreme. I was so surprised how quickly Darth and Crimson went to level 10

Danny 04-27-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648715)
Um....I would like to see Lycanthropes. This is a Werewolf thread and we didn't see any werewolves? :)

So if werewolf infects player, part of the time player is player and part of the time (random rolls? Full moon?) the DM controls PC or the player is just told to hunt players and npcs. Having a wereolf player slaughter the town of bywater would be fun! :D

People who died should have been werewolves lol

Danny 04-27-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648682)
Attachment 3912
More Art...I gave up on this sheet once it hit this point and made a new one (in pencil ) ;)

I did this in my head

Danny 04-27-2012 07:26 PM

And yes, I am replying to everything I can to get to 1000

Autumn 04-27-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648620)
Cool I would have won much sooner then. :)
did people REALLY do much disarming/picking of locks? I saw only one chest in the entire dungeon. Never even saw a trap.

Yeah, I wonder about that. I took assassin specifically because I was hoping it would be a skill in demand, that people would want me to pick their locked chests, or that there would be rooms with traps or entrances that others couldn't get into. I'm not sure there was enough of that to make it worth it though.

Danny 04-27-2012 07:49 PM

I saw one chest I believe. I bashed it and only lost a potion out of it.

Danny 04-27-2012 07:50 PM

I think each room needs more to do in it, so people are actually faced with a choice of moving on for more monsters / xp or trying to get more out of their current room. There wasnt a time that moving wasnt the best move here.

Danny 04-27-2012 07:51 PM

Oh, a new item, scroll of pvp

Autumn 04-27-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648658)
LOVE this idea! WOuld have helped me SOOO much in the spider belfry. hahaha I literally was trying to throw things up there hoing something came crashing down.

Well that's what I was supposed to be for - assassins can climb and guzaks take no falling damage.

Danny 04-27-2012 07:52 PM

Why the heck is Mel Kiper advertising Jewelry on the espn home page

Autumn 04-27-2012 07:56 PM

I guess people just got lucky, but it did seem there wasn't enough death happening in the tougher levels. Some guys barreled right in there (hi Dubb), and it seems that should have been a death sentence. Still, towards the end of the game, we should have seen some guys slaughtered, but it seems instead they were racking up the XP. A less dangerous beginning, where the game is more about making the right choices, and then a more dangerous end, I think would be the goal of a tweak.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2648801)
I guess people just got lucky, but it did seem there wasn't enough death happening in the tougher levels. Some guys barreled right in there (hi Dubb), and it seems that should have been a death sentence. Still, towards the end of the game, we should have seen some guys slaughtered, but it seems instead they were racking up the XP. A less dangerous beginning, where the game is more about making the right choices, and then a more dangerous end, I think would be the goal of a tweak.

exactly! Very surprised there were no deaths from the level 3 and 4 of the dungeon. HOw exactly did the fleeing work again? If you use up all your healing and get knicked under 50% you flee?
I was surprised Darth didn't flee at the end.

But I was equally surprised there were such quick deaths at the beginning. That alone made me scared of doing anything and uberask abe questions throughout before making decisions.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648768)
Yeah I do think some of the rooms were too extreme. I was so surprised how quickly Darth and Crimson went to level 10

Me too really. Didn't realize how much XP those things gave. At that point it was more about survival than reward though.

Fun game Abe. Thanks for running.

JAG 04-27-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648768)

Looking back at Dungeon 1, it appears 2/5 winners visited the Q room as well.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648765)
I was dsoing this until day 6 or so and then I stopped lol

yeah I stopped when one of my connectors should have doubled back into lower level rooms but did not.. I had already seen an instance where I was not seeing the directions I thought I should have where either the combat or the room itself changed what way I was facing. So I just tried moving away from areas I'd been and hoped for the best. I still don't think I understand the rooms in this regard but am sure abe wants to keep that secret for next dungeon :)

Oh yeah and Jag knowing where everyone was was totally impressive. Freaked me out really. ALmost annoyed me as I thought he was taunting me or preparing to arenafight me or something.

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648761)
In a dungeon?

Here's some perspective.... :)

I think there should be a forest

Quote:

In a dungeon?

I think there should be a town

Quote:

In a dungeon?

I think there should be a swamp

Quote:

In a dungeon?

I think there should be a sea

Quote:

In a dungeon?

I think there should be a Danny

Quote:

In a dungeon?

Danny 04-27-2012 08:39 PM

I agree with the last one anyway

Danny 04-27-2012 08:40 PM

there should also be bunnies

Danny 04-27-2012 08:41 PM

Killer bunnies and cute ones

Danny 04-27-2012 08:41 PM

In every room

Danny 04-27-2012 08:42 PM

You can take an action to interact with it. If its killer one it takes half your health away. If its a cuddly one, you are healed to full hp

Danny 04-27-2012 08:44 PM

I also think there should be evil duplicates of all of us running around trying to kill the original version

And they should have bunnies with them

An army of them

In pastel colors

Like the camels in through the dessert

Danny 04-27-2012 08:45 PM

and they create formation trying to surround us and score points

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648858)
I also think there should be evil duplicates of all of us running around trying to kill the original version

evil mirror room is classsssic :) FIght yourself!
(or even a wheel where you fight an evil version of another player...
so if it selects hoops, does that mean it's an evil evil hoops and therefore a good hoops?)

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648863)
In pastel colors

POST MORE WHORE!!!!!!!!!!

Danny 04-27-2012 08:47 PM

Yeah I think so

Im trying

Id like to hit 1k before 2015 like last time

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648867)
evil mirror room is classsssic :) FIght yourself!
(or even a wheel where you fight an evil version of another player...
so if it selects hoops, does that mean it's an evil evil hoops and therefore a good hoops?)

That would be pretty awesome

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2648872)
That would be pretty awesome

here we go.... reply to everyone's posts with useful insights and additions to the conversation :)

Danny 04-27-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2648873)
here we go.... reply to everyone's posts with useful insights and additions to the conversation :)

I plan to

Danny 04-27-2012 08:51 PM

I also plan to post lots of useless stuff too

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:52 PM

like what?

Danny 04-27-2012 08:53 PM

Like this

Danny 04-27-2012 08:53 PM

and this

Danny 04-27-2012 08:54 PM

and this one too

CrimsonFox 04-27-2012 08:59 PM

I think you would be better suited to channeling that aimless posting into rage against Narcizo like in the other thread.

Danny 04-27-2012 09:00 PM

Narcizo really pisses!!! me off

I mean, whats with that guy????

We had this great dungeon game and he DOESNT EVEN PLAY

Danny 04-27-2012 09:01 PM

Not a hello or even a quick check in

NOTHING

He broke my heart