Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Game ideas (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=90181)

cheekimonk 04-03-2015 10:23 PM

Game ideas

The last game, drawing on Wheel of Time, really got my wheels turning. I am a twice-published author as well as essayist, poet, and songwriter. I'm also a former DM in D&D. I haven't read the entire game log, but has anyone considered games based on:

- Terry Pratchett's Discworld - seasoned with liberal doses of humor
- Star Wars - ok, cliche and seemingly straightforward, but if you take the politic machinations and many of the EU/ancillary characters I think there would be something there
- Japanese Edo Period - loosely based on Takashi Matsuoka's Cloud of Sparrow series, James Clavell's Shogun, and Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori series, but really just drawing on an unique and complex historical time period with enough mythology to spice things up.
- Greek, Roman, and/or Norse mythology - sooo much material here even if it's limited to one of the 3

cheekimonk 04-03-2015 10:39 PM

Oh, for the Edo period, also ninja. Who doesn't love ninjas?

Chief Rum 04-03-2015 11:21 PM

We often draw from books, movies and TV shows to put these together. We have had a Star Wars one, I'm pretty sure. If you go back through this forum, you'll see a ton of the games we have played.

Always great coming up with new games, though!

JAG 04-04-2015 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3016834)
The last game, drawing on Wheel of Time, really got my wheels turning. I am a twice-published author as well as essayist, poet, and songwriter. I'm also a former DM in D&D. I haven't read the entire game log, but has anyone considered games based on:

- Star Wars - ok, cliche and seemingly straightforward, but if you take the politic machinations and many of the EU/ancillary characters I think there would be something there
- Japanese Edo Period - loosely based on Takashi Matsuoka's Cloud of Sparrow series, James Clavell's Shogun, and Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori series, but really just drawing on an unique and complex historical time period with enough mythology to spice things up.
- Greek, Roman, and/or Norse mythology - sooo much material here even if it's limited to one of the 3

There was a Star Wars based game a long long time ago (though in our galaxy), maybe within the first 20 games of the forum that saldana ran. A Greek mythology one was run a while back (somewhere between game 50-70) that looked like fun and I ran a Norse mythology one 3-4 years ago that was fun to follow (though a number of mechanics that I liked didn't end up being used and I made some mistakes as it was my first time running a complex game). I don't think any of the others you mentioned have been done previously.

cheekimonk 04-04-2015 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3016847)
We often draw from books, movies and TV shows to put these together. We have had a Star Wars one, I'm pretty sure. If you go back through this forum, you'll see a ton of the games we have played.

Always great coming up with new games, though!

The Cloud of Sparrows and Tales of the Otori books have some great soft fantasy - supernatural abilities more than fantastical worlds or creatures - elements mixed in (in fact, people who read Edo period literature typically give the books terrible reviews due to the "made up stuff"). Recommended reads if you have the time.

Autumn 04-04-2015 06:48 AM

I think any of those could work. None of them have been done so much as to not be done again. I have had both some Star Wars and Greek myth plans in my working-on list for a few years now.

timmae 04-04-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3016834)

Great ideas!! I would be game for any listed...

You forgot to include OOTP GM in that list Ben! Lol... I was heavy into AD&D for quite a few years. Good times...

moonkiss 04-21-2016 03:33 AM

It sounds great. I dont have some suggest just waiting for your new post. I have played game for a long time.lol long.... And recently got new game from scdkey. Which they put it as special offer. But i want to try what is you told.

ronaldino777 09-20-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 3016863)
There was a Star Wars based strategy a long long time ago (though in our galaxy), maybe within the first 20 games usage of the forum that saldana ran. The Phallosan Forte device just way more comfortable than competitors.

I think any of those could work. I have had both some Star Wars and Greek myth plans in my working-on list for years now.