Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2022 Video Games Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=93536)

Edward64 12-30-2017 09:11 AM

2022 Video Games Thread

Here's a link to 2018 games.

Upcoming PC games | PCGamesN

I'm interested in
  1. Monster Hunter
  2. Kingdom Come
  3. State of Decay 2

And keeping a watch on
  1. Railway Empire - played the orig SM's Railroad Tycoon a ton when younger, not sure I'm as interested now though
  2. Xenonauts 2 - I think I'm all XCom-like out but looking forward to reviews
  3. Star Citizen - I think I'm going to have to treat this like a GRRM next release ... it won't happen in my lifetime and there's way too many good games out there to be too hung up over it

CrimsonFox 12-30-2017 07:20 PM

I'm jumping into Dokidoki Literature Club! Wish me luck!

I hope I'm not being trolled into this...

mckerney 12-30-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3189891)

Doki Doki is great!

You should also play Night in the Woods.

CrimsonFox 12-30-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 3189926)
Doki Doki is great!

You should also play Night in the Woods.

I've been watching your pics on my steam feed! I definitely want that! :)

SackAttack 12-31-2017 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3189891)

I'm told there's multiple endings but I'm disturbed enough by the playthrough I did I'm not sure I want to go back for more.

CrimsonFox 12-31-2017 04:41 AM

I can't wait to be disturbed...

I'm like on day 3...and...huh...is it hot in here?

stevew 12-31-2017 07:34 AM

Anyone have Battle Chef Brigade? Combo monster hunting and cooking game

Izulde 12-31-2017 07:43 AM

I'm going to try DDLC after I finish playing through Eiyu Senki (it's fun and easy, and better with *cough*DLC*cough*

NobodyHere 12-31-2017 12:35 PM

Games I'm looking forward to:

Dragon Quest 11
Battletech
Mechwarrior 5 (Slated for December)
Anthem
Pillars of Eternity 2
Civ 6 Expansion
Tropico 6
Star Citizen (for the third year running)

CrimsonFox 12-31-2017 02:55 PM

Vermintide 2!

Edward64 01-05-2018 05:40 PM

I really don't want it to be a scam but don't know what to think.

Abnormal Traffic Detected
Quote:

Star Citizen raised a lot of money in 2017. According to data collected by Polygon, the super-ambitious PC space sim raised $34.91 million last year, which is down from $36.11 million the year prior. In total, Star Citizen has raised an astonishing $175.9 million, according to the game's own publicly available funding data. Note that these figures do not include money given back via returns, but even with those accounted for, the number is surely still huge.

NobodyHere 01-05-2018 05:45 PM

Just so you know the title of your link is "Abnormal Traffic Detected"

Edward64 01-05-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3190743)
Just so you know the title of your link is "Abnormal Traffic Detected"

Yeah it is. Weird. Still works for me, it takes you to gamespot.com

General Mike 01-05-2018 07:48 PM

I'll buy whatever Lego games come out, that's probably about it. Maybe one sports game. I bought NHL in 2016, Madden in 2017, so maybe it's a FIFA year.

mckerney 01-06-2018 02:05 PM

My most anticipated game is Bayonetta 3. Not sure it will come out this year as it doesn't yet have a release date or if I'll get a Switch right away, but hard to get more excited for something than another Bayonetta game.

Other than that I'm really looking forward to Pillars of Eternity 2. The first Pillars wasn't quite as good as I had hoped but after how good The White March and Tyranny were and following some of the changes they've made from the original leaves me optimistic the sequel will be an improvement.

SackAttack 01-06-2018 02:52 PM

Honestly a bunch of the games I'm looking forward to are games that came out in 2017 that I haven't gotten to yet, such as Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

I just upgraded my PS4 hard drive to 1TB, though, and I'm in the process of turning the 500 GB drive into an external drive for even more PS4 storage, so the umpteen billion digital titles I have for PS4 that I haven't been able to install and play because of space restrictions are suddenly on the table now, as well.

mckerney 01-06-2018 04:43 PM

Given how great 2017 was for games I'll likely spend much of 2018 catching up. I still need to finish Divinity Original Sin 2, Cuphead, Night in the Woods, Nioh, and Prey.

Other games I'm looking to play but haven't started yet include Hollow Knight, Horizon Zero Dawn, Trails in the Sky the 3rd, Battlechasers, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami, Danganronpa v3, Thimbleweed Park, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and The Sexy Brutale.

Groundhog 01-06-2018 05:15 PM

Pillars of Eternity 2, I guess. I didn't finish the first one initially after getting stuck in a late-game part (I can't even remember, now), but I've recently re-started and I'm enjoying it.

CrimsonFox 01-06-2018 06:34 PM

And the first thing I do in Bioshock Infinite is turn on all the sinks.

JonInMiddleGA 01-06-2018 06:46 PM

Maybe RedDead2 -- though I'm hearing that may be 2019 now?

Other than that -- and even that is pretty muted -- I'm not sure if anything has been more than casual interest for me in a couple years. I knew my gaming had changed when COD couldn't pull me in with a WWII take.

CrimsonFox 01-08-2018 07:23 AM

Oh Doki Doki Literature Club
How you left my heart on the floor
How you fondled my emotions
And kicked me in the gut and made me want more

NobodyHere 01-08-2018 02:52 PM

Because there hasn't been a console sales post in a long while:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-in-japan.aspx

Abe Sargent 01-14-2018 11:53 PM

I know this isn;t a 2018 Video Game, but no one is reading the 2016 one. I just finished Siege of Dragonspear, the expansion for BGEE from 2016 and loved it. Now I want to restart a EE game as Alzar the Mighty, a fighter who will dual to mage, lawful evil, using the battle axe. Never played as evil before, want to see how Alzar will handle it!

Abe Sargent 01-15-2018 05:50 PM

I'm killing Drizzt right now which I've never done before, I took out Algernon early to get his Nymph Cloak, and my current party of 5 - Viconia, me, Kagain, Imoen and Neera are currently cleaning up some open areas so I can head to the Mines and get the best evil character in the game, maybe, with Dorn.

EDIT - Post Drizzt death I am at 4 reputation. Nobody likes a Hero-Killer. I killed when my chars where level 2 and then got so many XP! I let the 20ish Gnolls wail on him and I peppered hm with missile weapons for around 10+ minutes, and then as they faded, I moved in and killed him with Alzar the Mighty's Axe. How apropos.

Abe Sargent 01-30-2018 11:31 AM

Just finished Throne of Bhaa l yesterday with Alzar who took on the Throne of Bhaal. I forgot just how bad TOB is until I replayed it. It's an worthy finale to BG1 and BG2. I beat it in three days .

Spear is great though. Loved it to death. It's a modern version that fixes UI and mechanical issues with the game engine and yet still a great game and chapter to the franchise.

NobodyHere 03-27-2018 11:38 PM

Battletech drops on April 24th

I was hoping for earlier in the month but oh well. I know I'll be getting it because I was a kickstarter backer.

Brian Swartz 03-28-2018 07:47 AM

Bwah. Well, I'm interested in Battletech but Frostpunk is out the same day it'll have to wait. Priorities.

NobodyHere 03-28-2018 10:19 AM

https://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-quest...ease-date-set/

I've been waiting for this news. DQ 11 is coming on Sept 4. I'm quite surprised that they're releasing it on PC at the North America launch and that they're skipping the 3DS version all together.

MizzouRah 03-28-2018 08:19 PM

I am super excited to get Far Cry 5 into my grubby paws Saturday. I've always been a fan of this series and a few videos I watched has me psyched!

spleen1015 03-29-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3200674)
https://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-quest...ease-date-set/

I've been waiting for this news. DQ 11 is coming on Sept 4. I'm quite surprised that they're releasing it on PC at the North America launch and that they're skipping the 3DS version all together.

I was looking forward to this news as well. Can't wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 3200760)
I am super excited to get Far Cry 5 into my grubby paws Saturday. I've always been a fan of this series and a few videos I watched has me psyched!

It's a Far Cry game. Very good.

SirFozzie 03-30-2018 12:00 AM

If you don't want to be spoiled as to the beginning of the Battletech game, do not click this replay stream.

Also, do not click this stream if watching it will make you want to build a time machine and set it to April 24th.

It doesn't look as good as I hoped.

It looks 100x BETTER.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244283036

Atocep 03-30-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 3200760)

Hands down the best Far Cry game IMO.

MizzouRah 03-31-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3200895)

That's great to hear.. going to dig into it right.. NOW.

dacman 04-01-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3200895)

I agree -- still Far Cry though. If you're not a Far Cry fan, I don't think this one will change your mind.

MizzouRah 04-01-2018 12:17 PM

FC 5 has been a blast so far, everything is just so well done and improved in this edition. I love calling in my gun for hire to help me with a tough mission.

Thomkal 04-21-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie (Post 3200860)
If you don't want to be spoiled as to the beginning of the Battletech game, do not click this replay stream.

Also, do not click this stream if watching it will make you want to build a time machine and set it to April 24th.

It doesn't look as good as I hoped.

It looks 100x BETTER.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244283036

Quill19 has an early look at Battletech:

Let's Try: BATTLETECH! - Part 1/3 - YouTube

NobodyHere 04-21-2018 01:33 PM

I got my key for Battletech! It doesn't unlock for a few days yet though.

Shkspr 04-21-2018 04:30 PM

I've had a blast following the different YouTube streams of the people who got prerelease copies of Battletech, but the thing that struck me is how bad people seemed to be at it. People not building evasion on their 'Mechs, being obsessed with height advantage (which confers no more than a 5% bonus to hit), ignoring jump jets (which I attribute to disabling your players jets during the first scripted mission) and heat buildup, passing up chances to strip evasion from enemies because the to-hit chance is too low, and so on. Of the streams I watched, there was one guy who had significant experience in the BT universe, and he was, not surprisingly, the only guy who didn't do his damnedest to get the starting light 'Mech pilot killed.

So I'm excited, because people aren't going to be bringing as much TBS hex knowledge as they think to the initial game, but I'm dismayed, because much of the commentary seems to indicate that this learning curve may frustrate MWO owners, who think that just porting over their shooter builds is going to guarantee them a cakewalk, and are likely to turn on the game when it turns out that isn't the case. I'm already seeing lots of ignorant comments that it's a game for 5 year olds, which seems silly since most everybody has been playing missions with 0.5 difficulty out of 5.

The game is gorgeous, boasts huge depth, and appears to go all-in on the lore, to the point that I pulled out my old 3025 Technical Readout to follow along on the playthroughs. The only thing I've seen that concerns me is watching a lance of Locusts take down an Atlas 'Mech in the skirmish mode in about 10 rounds (followed, of course, by the same guy in an Atlas taking down a lance of Locusts in half the time).

Bonus silliness: it's fun to watch each of the streamers go through character creation only for them to wind up with characters that are 80% similar: Everyone hails from the "rare" background of the Deep Periphery, has a huge unkempt beard, ends up with Gunnery skill, and eventually recolors their 'Mech lance to be in red and silver. Even in cases where the streamer chooses another option, there's a moment on screen when their mouse hovers over the option. You can see the indecision in the mouse movement. Hilarious.

Anyway, I'm probably going to be addicted to this for at least two or three days before I'm distracted by shiny objects and/or work. Fun!

JonInMiddleGA 04-24-2018 12:26 AM

I know virtually nothing about this game (hadn't heard of it until tonight honestly) and only saw it due to a random LP in my YT subscriptions. But doing a little reading, Frostpunk is from the developer of This War Of Mine, so it being fairly grim isn't a big surprise.

The PC Gamer review mentions a few things about it I definitely wouldn't like (such as the roughly 45 game days hard end time) and I'm unlikely to ever own a PC that would run it anyway but I'm mentioning it here because the game just looks f'n gorgeous to me. I'll link the YT so you can judge for yourself and the review I read, but damn, the graphics are sweeeeet afaic.

Here's the Quill18 stream of a couple hours
Let's Play: Frostpunk - It's just like living in Canada! [Ep 1] - YouTube

https://www.pcgamer.com/frostpunk-review/

GrantDawg 04-24-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shkspr (Post 3202379)
I've had a blast following the different YouTube streams of the people who got prerelease copies of Battletech, but the thing that struck me is how bad people seemed to be at it. People not building evasion on their 'Mechs, being obsessed with height advantage (which confers no more than a 5% bonus to hit), ignoring jump jets (which I attribute to disabling your players jets during the first scripted mission) and heat buildup, passing up chances to strip evasion from enemies because the to-hit chance is too low, and so on. Of the streams I watched, there was one guy who had significant experience in the BT universe, and he was, not surprisingly, the only guy who didn't do his damnedest to get the starting light 'Mech pilot killed.

So I'm excited, because people aren't going to be bringing as much TBS hex knowledge as they think to the initial game, but I'm dismayed, because much of the commentary seems to indicate that this learning curve may frustrate MWO owners, who think that just porting over their shooter builds is going to guarantee them a cakewalk, and are likely to turn on the game when it turns out that isn't the case. I'm already seeing lots of ignorant comments that it's a game for 5 year olds, which seems silly since most everybody has been playing missions with 0.5 difficulty out of 5.

The game is gorgeous, boasts huge depth, and appears to go all-in on the lore, to the point that I pulled out my old 3025 Technical Readout to follow along on the playthroughs. The only thing I've seen that concerns me is watching a lance of Locusts take down an Atlas 'Mech in the skirmish mode in about 10 rounds (followed, of course, by the same guy in an Atlas taking down a lance of Locusts in half the time).

Bonus silliness: it's fun to watch each of the streamers go through character creation only for them to wind up with characters that are 80% similar: Everyone hails from the "rare" background of the Deep Periphery, has a huge unkempt beard, ends up with Gunnery skill, and eventually recolors their 'Mech lance to be in red and silver. Even in cases where the streamer chooses another option, there's a moment on screen when their mouse hovers over the option. You can see the indecision in the mouse movement. Hilarious.

Anyway, I'm probably going to be addicted to this for at least two or three days before I'm distracted by shiny objects and/or work. Fun!

That's what I have been seeing as well. I just can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Edward64 05-19-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward64 (Post 3189835)
Here's a link to 2018 games.

Upcoming PC games | PCGamesN

I'm interested in
  1. Monster Hunter
  2. Kingdom Come
  3. State of Decay 2

And keeping a watch on
  1. Railway Empire - played the orig SM's Railroad Tycoon a ton when younger, not sure I'm as interested now though
  2. Xenonauts 2 - I think I'm all XCom-like out but looking forward to reviews
  3. Star Citizen - I think I'm going to have to treat this like a GRRM next release ... it won't happen in my lifetime and there's way too many good games out there to be too hung up over it

Latest Start Citizen roadmap shows development through at least Q1 2019.

https://i.imgur.com/Ak0KfSI.jpg

NobodyHere 05-19-2018 01:57 PM

Might as well take my money now:

Thomkal 05-19-2018 02:42 PM

https://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-wonde...i-fi-due-2019/

MizzouRah 05-19-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyHere (Post 3204286)
Might as well take my money now:

Mine too.

Edward64 05-19-2018 06:36 PM

Looks very interesting. 2019

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...s/#more-544887
Quote:

Here’s the better-goodword summary of this from Paradox themselves:

In Age of Wonders: Planetfall, players will emerge from the dark age of a fallen galactic empire to craft a new future for their people. Exploring the planetary ruins and encountering other surviving factions that have each evolved in their own way, players will unravel the history of a shattered civilization. Fight, build, negotiate and technologically advance the way to utopia, in a deep single player campaign, on random maps and against friends in multiplayer.

mckerney 05-20-2018 12:54 AM

JonInMiddleGA 05-22-2018 07:02 AM

State of Decay 2 notes after my first couple hours gameplay (in no real order)

-- it feels like it plays "slow", in terms of your character movement speed. Actions (like swinging a melee) not so much so but just walking feels a bit sluggish

-- damn the visuals can be buggy. I saw the "black polygons" glitch a few minutes after leaving the tutorial, luckily I wasn't in combat. And opening/closing gates, searching containers, the "aiming" to trigger those can be wonky as hell

-- It feels very similar to SoD 1, a lot of the mechanical stuff started coming back to me fairly quickly & I didn't play the original that much as I recall

-- I think like the "pick a pair" start. And yes, the characters within each pair do change names (which is just cosmetic as far as I can tell) and their starting skills do change if you go back from the selection screen & select "start new" again. I think the tendencies for the pairs are roughly the same, but I've seen variance in a skill on the same basic character from 3 to 5 stars for a starting point

-- weight limits are a bitch early, especially the 1-rucksack-at-a-time limit. There are locations (at least on one of the 3 initial map choices) that could require 3 trips to clear early on. And it feels like you're going to want to grab the large majority of stuff you come across.

-- Food seems like a real m.f. to deal with at the settlement level. And wood may be a perpetual thing.

-- SoD2 feels, to my recollection, to be a little more settlement/supplies oriented than SoD1 was.

JonInMiddleGA 05-22-2018 06:51 PM

A couple more hours into SoD2 and it feels very micro manage-y.

Not yet sure whether that's going to be a plus (quite possible) or a minus (if it gets much moreso).

And the physics, oh dear. Cars are SERIOUSLY touchy. I think the physics of them might be worse than SoD1, though watching vehicles sloooooowly sidestep their way off of obstacles via, like, "graphical creep" is wonky amusement I guess.

CrimsonFox 05-22-2018 09:57 PM

OMG gog.com

has my favorite fps story adventure of all time! UNREAL GOLD!

(which includes Unreal + The Return to Na Pali expansion)

So fun!

https://www.gog.com/

FREE FREE FREE!

bhlloy 05-22-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 3204435)
State of Decay 2 notes after my first couple hours gameplay (in no real order)

-- damn the visuals can be buggy. I saw the "black polygons" glitch a few minutes after leaving the tutorial, luckily I wasn't in combat. And opening/closing gates, searching containers, the "aiming" to trigger those can be wonky as hell

Would be a shame if they didn't fix the glitches from the first game, the combination of glitches that could get your characters killed and autosave turned what was a really fun game at it's core into an exercise in serious frustration. I wanted to love it, but just couldn't get over those issues.