Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Playbooks (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=97903)

korme 09-03-2021 07:17 PM

Playbooks

Do you suppose people don't share their playbooks because all of the hardcore guys that make them are in online competitive leagues?

I've just recently gotten back into FOF and for all of these years, the playbook stuff always has me scratching my head. I've downloaded the corbes stuff from years ago, and it is helpful, but I still don't necessarily know if I'm using the right one. I liked seeing the 2018 emulated playbooks as well - I wish there were more options to choose from!

Simply, I don't have the time to tinker around with the playbook stuff at this point in my life, but I feel like if I don't, my team will perpetually underachieve.

mac88 09-03-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korme (Post 3344727)
Do you suppose people don't share their playbooks because all of the hardcore guys that make them are in online competitive leagues?

I've just recently gotten back into FOF and for all of these years, the playbook stuff always has me scratching my head. I've downloaded the corbes stuff from years ago, and it is helpful, but I still don't necessarily know if I'm using the right one. I liked seeing the 2018 emulated playbooks as well - I wish there were more options to choose from!

Simply, I don't have the time to tinker around with the playbook stuff at this point in my life, but I feel like if I don't, my team will perpetually underachieve.

I understand guys not sharing playbooks. Although I should probably share mine to learn what not to do from some of the experts here haha.

Ushikawa 09-08-2021 03:22 PM

I'll give you guys any playbook you want FWIW

finkellll 09-08-2021 09:33 PM

I know at least 1 person has reverse engineered a playbook by going thru the game logs and copying plays manually, then creating the plays in the playbook next year.

I've also tried copying playbooks between different teams I run and had mixed results.

I personally use the guided and match the sliders to the players on my roster, and it is good enough for me to make the playoffs consistently.

The best teams have fully custom playbooks, but it is not necessary to compete. Get a OC & DC with max playcalling bars and you will be decent with a fully rex'ed playbook.

korme 09-14-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ushikawa (Post 3345070)
I'll give you guys any playbook you want FWIW

You know, I would love that. I just spent a few hours over the weekend reading the corbes thread and other posts, feeling as if I got a decent re-understanding of how to design a playbook. Made something that I felt very satisfactory, pass heavy, then my QB proceeded to throw the 32nd highest amount of pass attempts and at about a 5 yards per attempt clip. :lol:

korme 09-14-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finkellll (Post 3345107)
I know at least 1 person has reverse engineered a playbook by going thru the game logs and copying plays manually, then creating the plays in the playbook next year.

I've also tried copying playbooks between different teams I run and had mixed results.

I personally use the guided and match the sliders to the players on my roster, and it is good enough for me to make the playoffs consistently.

The best teams have fully custom playbooks, but it is not necessary to compete. Get a OC & DC with max playcalling bars and you will be decent with a fully rex'ed playbook.

Will try that next time I fire it up.

Ushikawa 09-14-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korme (Post 3345634)
You know, I would love that. I just spent a few hours over the weekend reading the corbes thread and other posts, feeling as if I got a decent re-understanding of how to design a playbook. Made something that I felt very satisfactory, pass heavy, then my QB proceeded to throw the 32nd highest amount of pass attempts and at about a 5 yards per attempt clip. :lol:

Just send me a PM with your email and preferred playstyle.