Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW - Nightmare Before Christmas (Game Over - Wolves Win!!!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=80040)

Autumn 12-13-2010 09:49 AM

Hey all, checking in late, though it looks like I didn't miss anything. My son split his chin open yesterday and that emergency room visit threw my schedule off.

I'm excited for this one, looks like fun roles out there. And for the sake of my kids I will make sure Christmas stays happy!

All right, off to look at the signup list and decide who to lynch.

Autumn 12-13-2010 09:50 AM

btw welcome Juggler, and welcome back to some of you guys who haven't played for a while. Let's make this a good one.

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 09:53 AM

Annnnnd, to wake up anyone shy about casting the first day 1 vote.

Vote Saldana

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 09:56 AM

Oh. Yeah. One more thing I wanna make sure everyone saw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RULES
Tie Vote - In the event of a tie lynch vote there will be a random drawing of the players who were not tied for the lead to see who is removed from the game. Tie vote is bad (except for the ones tied)...

No ties, kids.

Autumn 12-13-2010 10:01 AM

Oh and I think EF updated the Mrs. Claus rules, so make sure those who need to read that. Or maybe I just didn't read it well the first time, but it's scary.

So pretty standard on the village side: seer, bg, duke, and a Lover.

Wolves have a brutal, a cunning and then a possible convert. That convert is a bit more complicated though, because if we don't have a night kill we won't know if Jack's become a villager or a wolf unless Santa comes forward. Nice twist there, EF.

Well, I can't say I know where to vote today. I should vote some sort of revenge vote for last game when I told you guys exactly who the wolves were and you lynched me. But I don't remember who to blame for all that.

EagleFan 12-13-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2392987)
Vote Sour Grapes

That is how I read that...

saldana 12-13-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2392834)
Ignore saldana's hints - he's married to Lathum. ;)

easiest.
Day.
vote.
ever!!!

vote DT

saldana 12-13-2010 10:17 AM

dola, anyone that votes for Packer for the dentist joke should not only be summarilly lynched, but also have to give back all their christmas presents!

saldana 12-13-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393030)
Oh and I think EF updated the Mrs. Claus rules, so make sure those who need to read that. Or maybe I just didn't read it well the first time, but it's scary.

So pretty standard on the village side: seer, bg, duke, and a Lover.

Wolves have a brutal, a cunning and then a possible convert. That convert is a bit more complicated though, because if we don't have a night kill we won't know if Jack's become a villager or a wolf unless Santa comes forward. Nice twist there, EF.

Well, I can't say I know where to vote today. I should vote some sort of revenge vote for last game when I told you guys exactly who the wolves were and you lynched me. But I don't remember who to blame for all that.

i suggest DT.

Passacaglia 12-13-2010 10:18 AM

Welcome the juggler!

Chief Rum 12-13-2010 10:22 AM

It's an interesting ruleset. I think EF did the tie thing in the last one, too, but not sure. I see the Claus-Mrs. Claus thing as a tremendous advantage for the villagers, but the wolves have a lot of roles, too. My guess is that the role list is small enough, and the player list is large enough that we can reasonably expect all roles to be present in the game.

It will be interesting to see how Jack plays his role. Does he drop hints? And who does he want to find him? Anyone want to take a crack at what his win condition is? It might simply be, survive.

Man, Monday mornings suck. Glad I have a good cup of o' joe to get me by.

Chief Rum 12-13-2010 10:22 AM

Oh, and Autumn, feel free to vote for the villagers from the last game, but I hope you'll give me a pass. I was just doing my wolfy best. :p

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2393049)
Man, Monday mornings suck. Glad I have a good cup of o' joe to get me by.

Only one cup? C'mon now.

Autumn 12-13-2010 10:26 AM

Hah, right Chief.

I would guess Jack has to outlive several players, probably Santa and the head wolf or something like that.

PackerFanatic 12-13-2010 10:29 AM

Thanks sal, haha

EagleFan 12-13-2010 11:28 AM

As of post 65:

saldana 1 - Coffee Warlord (53)
DaddyTorgo 1 - saldana (57)

MartinD 12-13-2010 12:14 PM

I could go for the standard random 'someone who doesn't have a vote' option for day 1, but I feel like doing something different... This may mean I end up having a short game - if that happens, so be it.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

No reason behind this other than picking one of the two people who already have a vote.

Autumn 12-13-2010 12:52 PM

People I'm not going to vote day 1 because they haven't played ever/in a while (I think):

MartinD
PackerFanatic
MartinD
CoffeeWarlord
thejuggler3

People I'm not going to vote because there's already a nest of votes that I'm suspicious about:

Saldana
Daddy Torgo

People I'm not going to vote day one because the wolves would love to get an early lynch of them if they're villager:

Danny
Chief Rum

People I will chose from:

Lathum
Darth Vilus
passacaglia
The Jackal
Raiders Army

Now I'll ponder some further excuse to vote.

Autumn 12-13-2010 12:52 PM

dola yes I now see that I included Martin twice.

DaddyTorgo 12-13-2010 01:05 PM

Ooof - then again after my steller wolf-play in the last game (along with my teammates) I suppose I should be expecting votes.

Autumn 12-13-2010 01:11 PM

And looking over mh list, Darth hasn't checked in yet, and got to the end of the last game (as a wolf to boot) so he's my early contender for my vote. Still plenty of time to check in though so I'll hold off, wait for one of you to say something incriminating ;-)

PackerFanatic 12-13-2010 01:42 PM

Using Autumn's list, I am going to pull from his "people to choose from" list. I don't want to pile on DT too heavily, so I will throw the vote elsewhere, get one more option in there.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

Passacaglia 12-13-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393134)
And looking over mh list, Darth hasn't checked in yet, and got to the end of the last game (as a wolf to boot) so he's my early contender for my vote. Still plenty of time to check in though so I'll hold off, wait for one of you to say something incriminating ;-)

FTR, Chief Rum stayed alive Day 1 last game for the same reasons you don't want to vote for him this game.

Giddy-up.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 2393159)
Using Autumn's list, I am going to pull from his "people to choose from" list. I don't want to pile on DT too heavily, so I will throw the vote elsewhere, get one more option in there.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

Granted, my spidey senses are rusty, but this is kinda rubbing me the wrong way, in a "ooh, someone else made an easy list for me to throw a vote onto. Jump in early!"

But, hey. It's a talking point.

EagleFan 12-13-2010 02:11 PM

As of post 74:

saldana 1 - Coffee Warlord (53)
DaddyTorgo 2 - saldana (57), MartinD (67)
Darth Vilus 1 - PackerFanatic (72)
Chief Rum 1 - Passacaglia (73)

Autumn 12-13-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2393169)
FTR, Chief Rum stayed alive Day 1 last game for the same reasons you don't want to vote for him this game.

Giddy-up.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Well last game no one would listen to me when I said vote him. So maybe this time they won't listen to me when I say don't vote him!

Autumn 12-13-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2393171)
Granted, my spidey senses are rusty, but this is kinda rubbing me the wrong way, in a "ooh, someone else made an easy list for me to throw a vote onto. Jump in early!"

But, hey. It's a talking point.

That's exactly my reaction. Sometimes it's interesting to make these lists to see who's excited to piggyback on them. Especially since I didn't cast a vote, but indicated where I was going - it can end up looking in the vote results like I was the one jumping on his vote.

Danny 12-13-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393120)
People I'm not going to vote day 1 because they haven't played ever/in a while (I think):

MartinD
PackerFanatic
MartinD
CoffeeWarlord
thejuggler3

People I'm not going to vote because there's already a nest of votes that I'm suspicious about:

Saldana
Daddy Torgo

People I'm not going to vote day one because the wolves would love to get an early lynch of them if they're villager:

Danny
Chief Rum

People I will chose from:

Lathum
Darth Vilus
passacaglia
The Jackal
Raiders Army

Now I'll ponder some further excuse to vote.

Since MartinD is playing twice, we can safely take out one of him :)

Passacaglia 12-13-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393195)
Well last game no one would listen to me when I said vote him. So maybe this time they won't listen to me when I say don't vote him!

I voted him Day 1 -- but y'all decided to vote me instead. :p

Danny 12-13-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2393217)

Maybe that strategy would work this time :)

Autumn 12-13-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2393217)

Hey I voted him too, don't look at me. But yeah, I saw that you were the day 1 lynch last time - I'm not likely to vote you this time.

I also take back my comment on Darth - not only because Packer's vote made me suspicious, but I realized I don't want to vote for people who haven't checked in. I think we took out a roled villager that way lately and so I'm going to avoid that vote technique. I will vote someone on my list who is around to defend themselves.

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 03:03 PM

And because the slightest tinge of suspicion is a far better use of my vote than my original 'throw a vote on whoever to get things moving' reason...

Unvote Saldana
Vote PackerFanatic

Truth be told, it doesn't hurt he's a packers fan. :)

thejuggler3 12-13-2010 03:36 PM

I'm at a disadvantage because I don't know how people "normally" act at all (except Coffee... I've got my eye on you), so I guess for the first couple of days, I'll take a wait and see approach until i learn what people are like. :confused:

The difficulty is then I may be playing right into the wolves' hands on votes, but if anyone wonders why I'll probably end up voting with group for a few days, that's why.

thejuggler3 12-13-2010 03:44 PM

And thanks to everyone welcoming me :)

PackerFanatic 12-13-2010 03:53 PM

UNVOTE DARTH VILUS

Don't want to draw suspicion to myself, so I will wait a bit to cast a vote. I really did seem too eager, didn't I...darn WW rust :)

MartinD 12-13-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393121)
dola yes I now see that I included Martin twice.

Is that because I've left such a lasting impression that you managed to forget me by the time you had added one more name to the list? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny
Since MartinD is playing twice, we can safely take out one of him :)

Hmmm, multiple personalities - has anyone gone down those lines when setting up game rules in the past? Neither me or I can remember... ;)

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 04:00 PM

I do remember someone running a time travel game before.

Didn't play it, but my head hurt even thinking about it.

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 04:55 PM

Been awfully quiet today. Hopefully we'll get some action tonight.

EagleFan 12-13-2010 04:59 PM

As of post 88:

PackerFanatic 1 - Coffee Warlord (82)
DaddyTorgo 2 - saldana (57), MartinD (67)
Chief Rum 1 - Passacaglia (73)

Darth Vilus 12-13-2010 05:21 PM

Sorry I haven't been here, I decided to take a nap after my finals. No work today so i took advantage of it :D

Chief Rum 12-13-2010 05:44 PM

Hmm, at this point, I'll need to vote out of self-preservation, as I will be leaving for the second job in a few minutes and won't be back again until after the deadline.

I don't like pushing DT up, but Packer just came back to play, so I also don't want to put him in a bad spot on his first day back. I don't really have a reason to believe either PF or DT are wolves, as of yet (but of course no one knows anything anyway).

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Darth Vilus 12-13-2010 05:45 PM

Vote PackerFanatic

He does seem eager but that vote for me comes off as more of a safe vote. Might change later but I'm not sure yet

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 06:48 PM

After a quick look, only person we haven't seen is RA.

The Jackal 12-13-2010 07:15 PM

Still a lot of people left to vote? Jeez.

Danny 12-13-2010 07:16 PM

I don't see anything unusual about Packer compared to his normal play. He tends to be excited/eager when he plays, especially as a villager. He actually tends to be more tentative when he is a wolf.

The Jackal 12-13-2010 07:17 PM

Haven't heard anything from RA yet I don't think. I don't see a need to pile on DT and CR and PF haven't done anything to bug me.

For now:

VOTE RA

I'm off to make dinner, will definitely check back in before deadline.

Danny 12-13-2010 07:19 PM

Vote Saldana

Its a 4th candidate, but I'm not a fan of voting Packer or Chief right now, and DT already has 3 votes. I chose Saldana because he had 1 early vote and nobody followed on him, I think if he is a villager, a wolf might have put a second vote on there.

Autumn 12-13-2010 07:19 PM

I didn't expect to be gone so long. But ... kids. Glad I didn't miss the deadline, I was worried here for a minute.

Since Darth is here and can defend himself, and since DT and Packer were not on my "vote list" I'll vote Darth. I don't want to spread the vote more at this point.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

Autumn 12-13-2010 07:20 PM

dola

Those last two votes weren't there when I started writing. Jinx.

Danny 12-13-2010 07:20 PM

lol, well we just had three people put a 4th candidate up at once, and now we have 6