Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW - Nightmare Before Christmas (Game Over - Wolves Win!!!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=80040)

EagleFan 12-09-2010 11:51 AM

WW - Nightmare Before Christmas (Game Over - Wolves Win!!!)

Quick summary. Not exactly based on the movie but will loosely use some of the movie. Figure it will give us a game before Christmas gets here.

It will be a very basic game.

The deadline will be 10 PM EST and it will be a 24 hour game with one deadline.

I will flesh out the details tonight.

EagleFan 12-09-2010 11:51 AM

The game will be Santa's Christmas Village which has been invaded by a twisted cast from X-Mas town. A holiday mixup with tragic consequences.

Rules

Lynch Vote - Due at 10:00 PM EST each night. 10:00 PM is valid, 10:01 PM is late. The player with th most votes will be lynched and removed from the game.

Tie Vote - In the event of a tie lynch vote there will be a random drawing of the players who were not tied for the lead to see who is removed from the game. Tie vote is bad (except for the ones tied)...

End Game - If the village has removed all of the wolves they win. If the wolves achieve a 1:1 ratio with the remaining villagers they win.

Roles

Santa Clause - Village. He knows when you've been bad or good... He is the seer and once per night may submit a scan of another player.

Mrs. Clause - Village. She has the ability to exchange one PM with Santa per day (they each may send one to the other on any game day). If they exceed their limit of one per day they will be joined together so that either a lynch or night kill of one will result in the other being killed as well. If they exceed it a second time they will be immediately discovered by the wolves and killed.

Rudolph - Village. His nose shines brightly and because of his effort to help guide the team through the foggy weather Santa has put plenty of faith in him and will allow him to change the results of a lynch vote one time during the game. Granted it may seem odd to allow a 4 legged animal to decide the fate of someone but the jolly old guy may be losing it a little. The duke.

Blitzen - Village. He uses his powerful frame to protect his fellow villagers. He may protect oner person each night. He may self protect but may not protect the same person on consecutive nights. If he protects the wolf that is doing the kill that night, no kill will occur. If he protects Oogie Boogie there will be no scan for Jack. He will not learn the result of his action.

Sandy Claws - Wolf. He knows when you are sleeping and you BETTER watch out. He is the brutal and will take another player out with him if he is lynched (a player of his choosing).

Oogie Boogie - Wolf. He may submit a scan each night trying to find Jack so they may bring him back to the flock. A scan will not convert Jack but only reveal him.

Sally - Wolf. She looks like a harmless little toy but she is far from that. She will scan as a villger. The Cunning.

Jack Skellington - Neutral. He meant well but caused this mess as his alter ego is out of control. If he is night killed he will be converted to the wolves. If he is scanned by Santa he will become a villager. If neither occur he will have his own win condition which only he will know. He will count in the villager numbers for teh sake of win condition unless he is converted to a wolf.

EagleFan 12-09-2010 11:52 AM

Player List

1) DaddyTorgo - Jack Skellington, village convert (night five kill)
2) Autumn
3) PackerFanatic - vanilla villager (day two lynch)
4) Chief Rum - Mrs. Clause (day three brutal)
5) Lathum
6) Darth Vilus - Blitzen (night two kill)
7) Passacaglia - vanilla villager (night two kill)
8) Danny
9) The Jackal - Sandy Claws (day three lynch)
10) saldana - Rudolph (night three kill)
11) Raiders Army - vanilla villager (day five lynch)
12) thejuggler3
13) Coffee Warlord - Santa (night four kill)
14) MartinD - vanilla villager (day four lynch)

DaddyTorgo 12-09-2010 03:17 PM

Okay...in.

Poli 12-09-2010 05:25 PM

Like.

EagleFan 12-09-2010 06:49 PM

Posted some of the rules and roles. Will add and tweak as the weeked nears. Looking for a Monday day one. Will be sending out some PM's to try to lure a few into the game.

Autumn 12-09-2010 08:51 PM

Looks awesome. I'm in.

PackerFanatic 12-09-2010 08:54 PM

It's been a long while since I've played, and this sounds a like a fun one to jump back in. Count me in :)

PS - THanks for the PM, EF :)

Chief Rum 12-09-2010 10:31 PM

Sure.

EagleFan 12-09-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 2391777)
It's been a long while since I've played, and this sounds a like a fun one to jump back in. Count me in :)

PS - THanks for the PM, EF :)

Not a problem. Remembered that I hadn't seen you in a game for a while.

Lathum 12-09-2010 11:35 PM

I'll sign up but may be pretty sketchy for availability

Darth Vilus 12-10-2010 02:30 AM

In

Passacaglia 12-10-2010 07:51 AM

In. You must really like the movie "The Santa Clause"

EagleFan 12-10-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2391869)
You must really like the movie "The Santa Clause"

Why is that? Think I saw it one time. This is actually using pieces from The Nightmare Before Christmas; though it is only having a few references and won't be truly based on.

Danny 12-10-2010 08:23 AM

`Sure, Ill play.

The Jackal 12-10-2010 11:12 AM

In

saldana 12-10-2010 05:34 PM

sure

Coffee Warlord 12-11-2010 12:22 PM

Trying to talk my buddy who tried live werewolf at Gencon into registering & playing. If he signs up, I will too.

EagleFan 12-11-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2392283)
Trying to talk my buddy who tried live werewolf at Gencon into registering & playing. If he signs up, I will too.

That would be nice, fresh blood is just what we need.

Coffee Warlord 12-11-2010 01:02 PM

He texted me and said he was gonna register and sign up, so ... FRESH MEAT.

Raiders Army 12-11-2010 01:24 PM

Me likey basic game.

thejuggler3 12-11-2010 02:30 PM

Hi, I'm Coffee Warlord's friend. I'd like to jump in and give it a try.

Coffee Warlord 12-11-2010 02:31 PM

Which means, throw me in.

saldana 12-11-2010 05:26 PM

awesome CW...welcome aboard Juggler...allow me to give you some quick pointers....Lathum is always a wolf and I am always a villager...dont ever vote for me. :)

hope you enjoy the game

EagleFan 12-11-2010 05:54 PM

Welcome aboard thejuggler3.

EagleFan 12-11-2010 05:57 PM

I'll have the cutoff for registration as tomorrow evening (some point after FOFC 2 - Rurik/Willis... if anyone is interested in adding a fighter in another weight class I'll add them to the undercard... :) ). I'll send out the roles at that point.

MartinD 12-12-2010 09:26 AM

I would like to play (although I may be a little short of time to contribute, and I definitely won't be around at deadline!)

EagleFan 12-12-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinD (Post 2392527)
I would like to play (although I may be a little short of time to contribute, and I definitely won't be around at deadline!)

Welcome back!

The Jackal 12-12-2010 06:58 PM

Solid player list!

Chief Rum 12-12-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2392794)
Solid player list!

Agreed, it's exciting to see a good number of players and some faces we haven't seen in a bit.

EagleFan 12-12-2010 08:20 PM

Sending out roles shortly.

DaddyTorgo 12-12-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2392386)
awesome CW...welcome aboard Juggler...allow me to give you some quick pointers....Lathum is always a wolf and I am always a villager...dont ever vote for me. :)

hope you enjoy the game

Ignore saldana's hints - he's married to Lathum. ;)

DaddyTorgo 12-12-2010 08:44 PM

Role received.

GAME ON!!!

EagleFan 12-12-2010 08:51 PM

For the record. The vanilla villager PM is..

You are a vanilla villager.

EagleFan 12-12-2010 08:53 PM

Bull****, that was not a catch.

Sorry, watching the game while getting this together.

EagleFan 12-12-2010 08:55 PM

Welcome to Santa's workshop at the north pole. What was once a peaceful setting is now wrought with terror. The elf known as EagleFan has been discovered; his body mutilated.

Is this the work of one person? Are there more? Something needs to be done.

You decide that you must investigate and begin to eliminate your suspects until you have uncovered the truth.

Day one deadline is Monday at 10 PM EST.

GAME ON!!!

The Jackal 12-12-2010 09:06 PM

You made yourself an elf, heh. checking in! i can't guarantee ill be around at all of the deadlines but ill do my best

EagleFan 12-12-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2392851)
You made yourself an elf, heh. checking in! i can't guarantee ill be around at all of the deadlines but ill do my best

Actually all vanilla villagers are elves. I actually forgot to send that with the first vanilla PM and wanted to keep them all the same.

The Jackal 12-12-2010 09:18 PM

ill get you back for making me an elf.. it may not be today, may not be tomorrow, definitely not when the flyers are beating the penguins on tuesday night, but soon :)

Darth Vilus 12-13-2010 12:11 AM

Checking in, let's do this!

MartinD 12-13-2010 12:20 AM

Villager/elf checking in...

Chief Rum 12-13-2010 01:18 AM

Checking in. I'm pointy-eared, short and a skilled toy manufacturer.

Danny 12-13-2010 02:57 AM

Quick check in before I go to sleep.

saldana 12-13-2010 06:07 AM

checking in.

PackerFanatic 12-13-2010 07:44 AM

I'm an elf, but I wish I were a dentist... :)

Kidding, of course - I will probably garner interest on that comment alone. But hey, it's been a while since I've played, might as well spice things up to start, right?

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 08:11 AM

Jingle bell jingle bell jingle bell....

LET'S ROCK. (okay, that was awful)

Lathum 12-13-2010 09:01 AM

Vote Desean "Gay Fuckwad" Jackson

Lathum 12-13-2010 09:01 AM

checking in

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 09:04 AM

Vote Lovie Smith

thejuggler3 12-13-2010 09:37 AM

Hi, all. Checking in for my first time ever! Woohoo!

Autumn 12-13-2010 09:49 AM

Hey all, checking in late, though it looks like I didn't miss anything. My son split his chin open yesterday and that emergency room visit threw my schedule off.

I'm excited for this one, looks like fun roles out there. And for the sake of my kids I will make sure Christmas stays happy!

All right, off to look at the signup list and decide who to lynch.

Autumn 12-13-2010 09:50 AM

btw welcome Juggler, and welcome back to some of you guys who haven't played for a while. Let's make this a good one.

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 09:53 AM

Annnnnd, to wake up anyone shy about casting the first day 1 vote.

Vote Saldana

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 09:56 AM

Oh. Yeah. One more thing I wanna make sure everyone saw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RULES
Tie Vote - In the event of a tie lynch vote there will be a random drawing of the players who were not tied for the lead to see who is removed from the game. Tie vote is bad (except for the ones tied)...

No ties, kids.

Autumn 12-13-2010 10:01 AM

Oh and I think EF updated the Mrs. Claus rules, so make sure those who need to read that. Or maybe I just didn't read it well the first time, but it's scary.

So pretty standard on the village side: seer, bg, duke, and a Lover.

Wolves have a brutal, a cunning and then a possible convert. That convert is a bit more complicated though, because if we don't have a night kill we won't know if Jack's become a villager or a wolf unless Santa comes forward. Nice twist there, EF.

Well, I can't say I know where to vote today. I should vote some sort of revenge vote for last game when I told you guys exactly who the wolves were and you lynched me. But I don't remember who to blame for all that.

EagleFan 12-13-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2392987)
Vote Sour Grapes

That is how I read that...

saldana 12-13-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2392834)
Ignore saldana's hints - he's married to Lathum. ;)

easiest.
Day.
vote.
ever!!!

vote DT

saldana 12-13-2010 10:17 AM

dola, anyone that votes for Packer for the dentist joke should not only be summarilly lynched, but also have to give back all their christmas presents!

saldana 12-13-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393030)
Oh and I think EF updated the Mrs. Claus rules, so make sure those who need to read that. Or maybe I just didn't read it well the first time, but it's scary.

So pretty standard on the village side: seer, bg, duke, and a Lover.

Wolves have a brutal, a cunning and then a possible convert. That convert is a bit more complicated though, because if we don't have a night kill we won't know if Jack's become a villager or a wolf unless Santa comes forward. Nice twist there, EF.

Well, I can't say I know where to vote today. I should vote some sort of revenge vote for last game when I told you guys exactly who the wolves were and you lynched me. But I don't remember who to blame for all that.

i suggest DT.

Passacaglia 12-13-2010 10:18 AM

Welcome the juggler!

Chief Rum 12-13-2010 10:22 AM

It's an interesting ruleset. I think EF did the tie thing in the last one, too, but not sure. I see the Claus-Mrs. Claus thing as a tremendous advantage for the villagers, but the wolves have a lot of roles, too. My guess is that the role list is small enough, and the player list is large enough that we can reasonably expect all roles to be present in the game.

It will be interesting to see how Jack plays his role. Does he drop hints? And who does he want to find him? Anyone want to take a crack at what his win condition is? It might simply be, survive.

Man, Monday mornings suck. Glad I have a good cup of o' joe to get me by.

Chief Rum 12-13-2010 10:22 AM

Oh, and Autumn, feel free to vote for the villagers from the last game, but I hope you'll give me a pass. I was just doing my wolfy best. :p

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2393049)
Man, Monday mornings suck. Glad I have a good cup of o' joe to get me by.

Only one cup? C'mon now.

Autumn 12-13-2010 10:26 AM

Hah, right Chief.

I would guess Jack has to outlive several players, probably Santa and the head wolf or something like that.

PackerFanatic 12-13-2010 10:29 AM

Thanks sal, haha

EagleFan 12-13-2010 11:28 AM

As of post 65:

saldana 1 - Coffee Warlord (53)
DaddyTorgo 1 - saldana (57)

MartinD 12-13-2010 12:14 PM

I could go for the standard random 'someone who doesn't have a vote' option for day 1, but I feel like doing something different... This may mean I end up having a short game - if that happens, so be it.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

No reason behind this other than picking one of the two people who already have a vote.

Autumn 12-13-2010 12:52 PM

People I'm not going to vote day 1 because they haven't played ever/in a while (I think):

MartinD
PackerFanatic
MartinD
CoffeeWarlord
thejuggler3

People I'm not going to vote because there's already a nest of votes that I'm suspicious about:

Saldana
Daddy Torgo

People I'm not going to vote day one because the wolves would love to get an early lynch of them if they're villager:

Danny
Chief Rum

People I will chose from:

Lathum
Darth Vilus
passacaglia
The Jackal
Raiders Army

Now I'll ponder some further excuse to vote.

Autumn 12-13-2010 12:52 PM

dola yes I now see that I included Martin twice.

DaddyTorgo 12-13-2010 01:05 PM

Ooof - then again after my steller wolf-play in the last game (along with my teammates) I suppose I should be expecting votes.

Autumn 12-13-2010 01:11 PM

And looking over mh list, Darth hasn't checked in yet, and got to the end of the last game (as a wolf to boot) so he's my early contender for my vote. Still plenty of time to check in though so I'll hold off, wait for one of you to say something incriminating ;-)

PackerFanatic 12-13-2010 01:42 PM

Using Autumn's list, I am going to pull from his "people to choose from" list. I don't want to pile on DT too heavily, so I will throw the vote elsewhere, get one more option in there.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

Passacaglia 12-13-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393134)
And looking over mh list, Darth hasn't checked in yet, and got to the end of the last game (as a wolf to boot) so he's my early contender for my vote. Still plenty of time to check in though so I'll hold off, wait for one of you to say something incriminating ;-)

FTR, Chief Rum stayed alive Day 1 last game for the same reasons you don't want to vote for him this game.

Giddy-up.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 2393159)
Using Autumn's list, I am going to pull from his "people to choose from" list. I don't want to pile on DT too heavily, so I will throw the vote elsewhere, get one more option in there.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

Granted, my spidey senses are rusty, but this is kinda rubbing me the wrong way, in a "ooh, someone else made an easy list for me to throw a vote onto. Jump in early!"

But, hey. It's a talking point.

EagleFan 12-13-2010 02:11 PM

As of post 74:

saldana 1 - Coffee Warlord (53)
DaddyTorgo 2 - saldana (57), MartinD (67)
Darth Vilus 1 - PackerFanatic (72)
Chief Rum 1 - Passacaglia (73)

Autumn 12-13-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2393169)
FTR, Chief Rum stayed alive Day 1 last game for the same reasons you don't want to vote for him this game.

Giddy-up.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Well last game no one would listen to me when I said vote him. So maybe this time they won't listen to me when I say don't vote him!

Autumn 12-13-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 2393171)
Granted, my spidey senses are rusty, but this is kinda rubbing me the wrong way, in a "ooh, someone else made an easy list for me to throw a vote onto. Jump in early!"

But, hey. It's a talking point.

That's exactly my reaction. Sometimes it's interesting to make these lists to see who's excited to piggyback on them. Especially since I didn't cast a vote, but indicated where I was going - it can end up looking in the vote results like I was the one jumping on his vote.

Danny 12-13-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393120)
People I'm not going to vote day 1 because they haven't played ever/in a while (I think):

MartinD
PackerFanatic
MartinD
CoffeeWarlord
thejuggler3

People I'm not going to vote because there's already a nest of votes that I'm suspicious about:

Saldana
Daddy Torgo

People I'm not going to vote day one because the wolves would love to get an early lynch of them if they're villager:

Danny
Chief Rum

People I will chose from:

Lathum
Darth Vilus
passacaglia
The Jackal
Raiders Army

Now I'll ponder some further excuse to vote.

Since MartinD is playing twice, we can safely take out one of him :)

Passacaglia 12-13-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393195)
Well last game no one would listen to me when I said vote him. So maybe this time they won't listen to me when I say don't vote him!

I voted him Day 1 -- but y'all decided to vote me instead. :p

Danny 12-13-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2393217)

Maybe that strategy would work this time :)

Autumn 12-13-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2393217)

Hey I voted him too, don't look at me. But yeah, I saw that you were the day 1 lynch last time - I'm not likely to vote you this time.

I also take back my comment on Darth - not only because Packer's vote made me suspicious, but I realized I don't want to vote for people who haven't checked in. I think we took out a roled villager that way lately and so I'm going to avoid that vote technique. I will vote someone on my list who is around to defend themselves.

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 03:03 PM

And because the slightest tinge of suspicion is a far better use of my vote than my original 'throw a vote on whoever to get things moving' reason...

Unvote Saldana
Vote PackerFanatic

Truth be told, it doesn't hurt he's a packers fan. :)

thejuggler3 12-13-2010 03:36 PM

I'm at a disadvantage because I don't know how people "normally" act at all (except Coffee... I've got my eye on you), so I guess for the first couple of days, I'll take a wait and see approach until i learn what people are like. :confused:

The difficulty is then I may be playing right into the wolves' hands on votes, but if anyone wonders why I'll probably end up voting with group for a few days, that's why.

thejuggler3 12-13-2010 03:44 PM

And thanks to everyone welcoming me :)

PackerFanatic 12-13-2010 03:53 PM

UNVOTE DARTH VILUS

Don't want to draw suspicion to myself, so I will wait a bit to cast a vote. I really did seem too eager, didn't I...darn WW rust :)

MartinD 12-13-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2393121)
dola yes I now see that I included Martin twice.

Is that because I've left such a lasting impression that you managed to forget me by the time you had added one more name to the list? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny
Since MartinD is playing twice, we can safely take out one of him :)

Hmmm, multiple personalities - has anyone gone down those lines when setting up game rules in the past? Neither me or I can remember... ;)

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 04:00 PM

I do remember someone running a time travel game before.

Didn't play it, but my head hurt even thinking about it.

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 04:55 PM

Been awfully quiet today. Hopefully we'll get some action tonight.

EagleFan 12-13-2010 04:59 PM

As of post 88:

PackerFanatic 1 - Coffee Warlord (82)
DaddyTorgo 2 - saldana (57), MartinD (67)
Chief Rum 1 - Passacaglia (73)

Darth Vilus 12-13-2010 05:21 PM

Sorry I haven't been here, I decided to take a nap after my finals. No work today so i took advantage of it :D

Chief Rum 12-13-2010 05:44 PM

Hmm, at this point, I'll need to vote out of self-preservation, as I will be leaving for the second job in a few minutes and won't be back again until after the deadline.

I don't like pushing DT up, but Packer just came back to play, so I also don't want to put him in a bad spot on his first day back. I don't really have a reason to believe either PF or DT are wolves, as of yet (but of course no one knows anything anyway).

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Darth Vilus 12-13-2010 05:45 PM

Vote PackerFanatic

He does seem eager but that vote for me comes off as more of a safe vote. Might change later but I'm not sure yet

Coffee Warlord 12-13-2010 06:48 PM

After a quick look, only person we haven't seen is RA.

The Jackal 12-13-2010 07:15 PM

Still a lot of people left to vote? Jeez.

Danny 12-13-2010 07:16 PM

I don't see anything unusual about Packer compared to his normal play. He tends to be excited/eager when he plays, especially as a villager. He actually tends to be more tentative when he is a wolf.

The Jackal 12-13-2010 07:17 PM

Haven't heard anything from RA yet I don't think. I don't see a need to pile on DT and CR and PF haven't done anything to bug me.

For now:

VOTE RA

I'm off to make dinner, will definitely check back in before deadline.

Danny 12-13-2010 07:19 PM

Vote Saldana

Its a 4th candidate, but I'm not a fan of voting Packer or Chief right now, and DT already has 3 votes. I chose Saldana because he had 1 early vote and nobody followed on him, I think if he is a villager, a wolf might have put a second vote on there.

Autumn 12-13-2010 07:19 PM

I didn't expect to be gone so long. But ... kids. Glad I didn't miss the deadline, I was worried here for a minute.

Since Darth is here and can defend himself, and since DT and Packer were not on my "vote list" I'll vote Darth. I don't want to spread the vote more at this point.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

Autumn 12-13-2010 07:20 PM

dola

Those last two votes weren't there when I started writing. Jinx.

Danny 12-13-2010 07:20 PM

lol, well we just had three people put a 4th candidate up at once, and now we have 6