Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CXL - The Dark Knight Returns - GAME OVER (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=82543)

Autumn 10-14-2011 11:06 AM

Werewolf CXL - The Dark Knight Returns - GAME OVER

Continued from ... http://operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=81449

Gotham City is shattered. Batman swore to fight crime wherever it lay, and Gotham stood with him. It chose to stand up to the mob, to criminals, and look what that has wrought. The Mayor, shot down by mobsters. Cops shot in the street. Gotham's great hope, DA Harvey Dent, behind bars. Judges working with the mob, cops looking the other way. Worst of all, when the crazed Joker told Gotham to help him kill, they did, and one of Gotham's heroes, Lt. Gordon lies dead because of it. Wayne Manor, once a sign of the prosperity of this great city, lies in ashes and Gotham's most famous billionaire presumed dead. And Gotham's great protector, the Batman, is nowhere to be found.

The criminals, they've been hurt too. The Joker, rumored to have been brought to Gotham by the mob to deal with Batman, was too much for anyone to handle. Half of the mob lies behind bars, others dead. But with the Joker safely put away in Arkham Asylum, and Batman presumed dead, Gotham is still theirs. New bosses will be made, new bribes too. With Gotham back in the hands of the mob, it would seem that things are back to normal.

Basic Rules
  • No editing of posts
  • No quoting of private messages
  • No discussion of the game outside of the thread
  • If any player misses two sequential deadlines they will (hopefully) be replaced.
  • There is no forms of resurrection, so dead players may talk amongst themselves about the game.

Voting
  • In order to vote, please post your vote in bold and on a separate line.
    VOTE AUTUMN
  • You may change your vote at any time before the deadline by posting an unvote and then a new vote, both in bold.
    UNVOTE AUTUMN
    VOTE ALAN T
  • You may vote No Lynch, and if No Lynch gains the most votes, there will in fact be no lynch.
    VOTE NO LYNCH
  • You may vote Nightfall. HOWEVER, once you have voted Nightfall you may no longer change your vote, unvote, or unvote Nightfall! Your vote is final. If all players vote Nightfall the day will end immediately.
    VOTE NIGHTFALL
  • Tie votes will be resolved by a coin flip, or die roll if more than two candidates are tied.

Deadlines
  • Lynch: 10 pm EST
  • Night Orders: 11 pm EST
  • No votes marked 10:01 or later will be counted. No night actions marked 11:01 or after will be accepted.
  • Night actions may be sent in before the Lynch deadline. Conditional orders will also be accepted, within reason.

Autumn 10-14-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

This is Gotham Live. The main story tonight is the release of former Gotham City DA, Harvey Dent.

Dent, jailed on charges of murder and racketeering during the Joker's infamous crime spree, was released after a mistrial was declared by new Gotham circuit judge, Elias Walter. New defense attorneys were able to show that Dent was arrested on false pretenses, and charges of falsifying evidence, jury tampering and more are liable to leveled on prosecutors.

The release is unfortunately timed for Dent. Perhaps no man in Gotham history has been responsible for putting more criminals behind bars, a fact not forgotten by the inmates of Gotham County Prison. Just last week Dent was reportedly attacked in the prison laundry by other inmates while on work duty. Dent is said to have been attacked with lye, a caustic substance used in cleaning the prison uniforms. Dent is in stable condition but said to have suffered severe chemical burns on 50% of his body.

It is unknown whether Dent intends to return to his position as District Attorney upon release. Here's one Gotham resident hoping he will. We, the staff of Gotham Live, wish you a fast return to health.

"The doctor says you've healed up enough to go home, Harvey."

"And thanks to you I'm allowed to. I don't usually get along well with defense attorneys, Mike, but you have my appreciation."

"It was simple enough. Anyone could see it was a mob job."

"Anyone but anyone that mattered."

"Are you going to come back, to the DA's office?"

"What, Gotham needs me now?"

"You know they do, Harvey. More than ever."

"They locked me away, locked me up with the very murderers I saved them from. They left me to die, and I almost did. I could have kept Gotham safe. They didn't want me."

"I know, Harvey."

"No. You don't know. You can't imagine how much this hurts, Mike, the pain of having half your flesh burning away. It still burns right now. But it's nothing, nothing compared to how they betrayed me."

"I know you're angry, Harvey, but that's why we need you. There's no one better than you. You can catch the ones responsible for this."

"Who's that, Mike? Gotham put me here. Gotham surrendered, let the mob take over. Batman, he disappeared. Why should I go back and save them?"

"We need you, Harvey, that's why."

"I don't know, Mike. I don't know .... What do you say we leave it up to chance?"

"Master Wayne, I hate to pester, but exactly how long is it you plan to stay in this cave? Don't you think it's time to make an appearance in the daylight?"

"No, Alfred. It's better they think Bruce Wayne is dead. Having that identity ... it was a mistake, a weakness my enemy exploited. Batman can't afford to have a weakness. Batman can't afford to be Bruce Wayne."

"That's perhaps the most disturbing thing you've said yet, Master Wayne. You can't live down here in the dark forever. You can't save Gotham on your own."

"You're right about that, Alfred. I learned that last time. One man, even Batman, it's not enough. I couldn't save them. I let them down. This time, I'll need help."

"That sounds quite healthy of you, Master Wayne. I must be misunderstanding you."

"There are others in Gotham, there must be, who are willing to put themselves on the line. I'll have to find them. I have the resources, the training. I can teach them."

"I have a feeling you're not talking about working with the police."

"Gordon is dead, Alfred. The mob owns half the officers. There's no one I trust there."

"And what about Harvey Dent?"

"We'll need his help. But it won't be enough."

"Very well, I can see you're quite settled on this. Shall I sweep the guano out of the guest caves, Master Wayne?"

"Hilarious as usual, Alfred. You know you can leave, I wouldn't keep you here."

"How could I ever hope to match these accommodations, sir? If there's one thing I can stand less than being trapped in this dreary cave, it's imagining you sitting in here on your own. If you'll move these batarangs off the hotplate I'll make us some tea."

"Thank you, Alfred. Don't worry, things are about to get better."

Transcript, Good Morning Gotham, October 14th, 2011

Chris Werthers, correspondent

Quote:

WERTHERS: Crime is back at record setting levels on the streets of Gotham, but it's not just the number of crimes that we should be concerned about. Or so says the chief psychiatrist Jeremiah Arkham, of Gotham's own Arkham Asylum.

Dr. Arkham, you say you see disturbing trends in the types of crimes being committed in Gotham today. Tell us about that.

ARKHAM: Yes, well while crime has been a presence throughout Gotham's history, and human history of course, crime can represent many things. Hunger, desperation, addiction. These are forces which can fuel crimes of theft, robbery, sometimes battery or murder.

There are other crimes though that are hallmarks of mental disorder, whether sadism, sociopathology, psychopathology. Cruel crimes of torture or murder, senseless crimes driven by hallucinations or a basic lack of moral understanding. These are crimes we see more and more in Gotham City today.

WERTHERS: At Arkham Asylum you of course tend to patients with many of these disorders. We can't avoid the topic of your most famous patient, Doctor. How do you think the Joker and his string of homicides relates to this new current of sadistic crime?

ARKHAM: Well of course The Joker's criminal activities are the most famous example of recent sociopathic behavior in Gotham. And the phenomenon of copycat crimes is well documented. I feel, however, that this problem runs deeper than that. I think what these copycat crimes have brought to the surface is a deep vein of mental disorder in the population of Gotham. These criminals coming through our doors for treatment did not become disturbed in a day.

No, there are disturbed individuals walking the street of Gotham every day. And the current climate in Gotham, the state of our society has given permission to these individuals to act in ways we never would have permitted before, that they never would have considered before.

Let's not forget where this all began, Chris. The Joker was not the first citizen in Gotham to dress up strangely and flaunt the law. No, you can say that The Joker was the first individual to react to the presence of The Batman. When we as a city accepted the idea of a costumed vigilante, ignoring society's laws, morals and customs, we opened the door to a world of psychosis that existed within our populace.

WERTHERS: You said that criminals are being brought to Arkham in record numbers. Some say this is simply back to the old system of letting criminals out of a loophole, keeping them out of jail.

ARKHAM: Frankly, Chris, given the sort of disturbing crimes and disturbing individuals the police have begun to deal with, they need help. The police are not equipped to deal with this. We have opened our doors because we know that it is our expert diagnoses that are needed to separate the common violent offender from a disturbed individual. We do not want police turning psychopaths back onto the street. Nor do we want to put a mentally disturbed individual into the penitentiary system where he is only likely to grow more disturbed. Treatment is often an option.

WERTHERS: Even for an individual like The Joker? You have received a lot of bad press for suggesting that this individual, responsible for a large number of disturbing murders, can be treated.

ARKHAM: I am a doctor, Chris, and it is my responsibility to cure the patient. The Joker is probably the most interesting and difficult patient I've ever encountered, but I believe with time he too could be cured. It will take time though, a great deal of time.

For now my main concern, and my reason for joining you on the show, is that Gotham take seriously this epidemic of mental disease in its midst. If left unattended, the criminal mayhem we have seen as a city in the past will pale in comparison to what could be. These individuals, they are unlike any criminals we've seen before. We must find them, and treat them, before it's too late.

The Rules

Lynch: 10 pm EST
Night Orders: 11 pm EST
Tiebreak: Coin Flip
Role Reveal: Forensics dependent
Victory: Wolves=parity. Village=elimination of wolves.

Summary
------------
1 Super Villain
4 Disturbed Citizens

1 District Attorney
1 Chief Psychiatrist
2 Police Officers
1 Superhero
1 Superhero Wannabe
2 Forensics Officers
8 Citizens

-------------

The Bad Guys

Supervillain: Two Face

Kills citizens or converts the disturbed into supervillains if he tries to kill them. Two Face cannot kill Rachel Dawes at night. If he attempts to, her role will be revealed to him but she will survive. If lynched, Two Face can choose a player to die with him.

Each night every Supervillain currently in the game has a night kill. Supervillains know each other's identities, but cannot chat.

Disturbed Citzens
They know the ID of Two Face. They do not know each other's identities, and cannot chat with anyone. Each night each Disturbed Citizen can look for Seers (Dawes or Arkham, each will show up as positive for "seer"). On night zero they will receive a random negative scan for the seer.

If targeted for a night kill by any Supervillain, will turn into a Supervillain themselves and will lose Disturbed Citizen ability. When a Disturbed Citizen becomes a Supervillain they will discover IDs of all other Supervillains and all who henceforth become supervillains.

Important Evil Rules:
1. All Disturbed Citizens know Two Face at game start.
2. When Disturbed Citizens become Supervillains they lose Disturbed Citizen abilities.
3. Each Supervillain makes their own kill. All Supervillains can kill in the night.
4. Neither Disturbed Citizens nor Supervillains may chat with each other.

The Good Guys

Interim District Attorney: Rachel Dawes

Each night chooses a player and sees if they are a supervillain or not. Gets a N0 random negative and a N1 random negative.

Chief Psychiatrist: Dr. Jeremiah Arkham

Each night chooses a player and sees if they are a Disturbed Citizen or not. Gets a N0 random negative.

Police Officers: Nicholas Gage, Mackenzie Bock
Each night choose a player to protect. The police officers cannot choose to protect themselves. They may not protect the same person consecutive nights. Upon successful protect, the police officers becomes a martyr. A martyr functions as a Bodyguard but dies in the player's place instead of preventing kill. 2 Bodyguards/Martyrs must be present if 2 or more wolves attack same target. If 1 Martyr and 1 Bodyguard protect and 2 wolves attack, then Martyr dies. If 3 wolves attack, then target dies. And so on. If a Bodyguard/Martyr protects a player who is attacked by one wolf, and a separate wolf attacks the Bodyguard/Martyr in question, both targets still die.

Superhero: Batman
If alive at end of game with one Supervillain, village wins. Also, each night picks a player. If that player is a Superhero Wannabe, that player becomes another Superhero. If there are 2 Superheroes along with 2 Supervillains alive at game end, good would win. Any Superhero will know of, but not be able to chat with successful recruits.

Superhero Wannabe: Tim Drake
Knows the ID of Batman. If chosen by the Superhero in the night, will become a Superhero.

GCPD Forensics Officers: Maggie Sawyer, David Cornwell
Passive. When both Forensics Officers are alive all roles are revealed. When the first dies, night kill roles are hidden. When both die, all role reveals on death are hidden.

Citizens
Let's keep Gotham safe!

Cast of Characters

1. Danny - Maggie Sawyer, Forensic Scientist - Killed Night 3
2. Abe Sargent - Officer Mackenzie Bock - Lynched Day 1
3. PackerFanatic
4. Sndvls - Lynched Day 5
5. Zinto
6. Hoopsguy - Tim Drake, Superhero Wannabe - Killed Night 1
7. Lathum - Lynched Day 4
8. NTNdeacon
9. CrimsonFox - John Burton, Citizen - Lynched Day 2
10. Mauboy1 - Killed Night 5
11. MrBug708
12. The Jackal - David Cornwell, Forensic Scientist - Killed Night 3
13. Dzilla77 - Lynched Day 7
14. J23 - Killed Night 6
15. Saldana
16. Tyrith
17. Chief Rum - Killed Night 5
18. Mckerney - Jonathan Crane, Disturbed Citizen - Lynched Day 3
19. Daddy Torgo - Lynched Day 6
20. Narcizo - Killed Night 4
21. Commo_soldier - Killed Night 6

THE DECEASED

HOOPSGUY ... TIM DRAKE, SUPERHERO WANNABE
DANNY ... MAGGIE SAWYER, FORENSIC SCIENTIST
THE JACKAL ... DAVID CORNWELL, FORENSIC SCIENTIST
NARCIZO ... DR. JEREMIAH ARKHAM, CHIEF PSYCHIATRIST
MAUBOY1 ... RACHEL DAWES, DISTRICT ATTORNEY
CHIEF RUM ... OFFICER NICHOLAS GAGE
J23 ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
COMMO_SOLDIER ... THE BATMAN

THE COMMITTED ...

ABE SARGENT ... OFFICER MACKENZIE BOCK
CRIMSONFOX ... JOHN BURTON, SHOESHINE BOY
MCKERNEY ... JONATHAN CRANE, DISTURBED CITIZEN
LATHUM ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
SNDVLS ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
DADDY TORGO ... EDWARD NYGMA, DISTURBED CITIZEN
DZILLA77 ... GOTHAM CITIZEN

AMONG THE LIVING ...

PACKERFANATIC ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
ZINTO ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
TYRITH ... GOTHAM CITIZEN
SALDANA ... VICTOR FRIES, SUPERVILLAIN
NTNDEACON ... PAMELA ISLEY, DISTURBED CITIZEN
MRBUG708 ... HARVEY DENT, TWO FACE, SUPERVILLAIN

Gotham is overrun by costumed criminals! The bad guys win!

The Gotham Enquirer

Quote:

Police investigators have confirmed that evidence from last night's killings have implicated a new killer. Evidence upon the scene have helped detectives identify one of the killers as Victor Fries, a former Gotham University researcher. More disturbing though is that surveillance footage showed Fries attacking his victim while wearing some sort of mechanical contraption, and referring to himself as Dr. Freeze. Gotham is facing not only another killer, but another costumed freak, perhaps on the level of The Joker himself.

Still of surveillance footage of the costumed killer

Fries, an expert in cryogenics research, was removed from his research position after causing the death of his wife. Nora Fries, who suffered from a terminal disease, was the subject of an unapproved experiment, meant to put the woman in suspended animation but which turned out lethal. It appears that Fries used a weaponized version of the very same equipment in the homicide last night. The victim's body was found frozen solid, and then smashed to pieces.

A killer dressed as a clown. A killer with two faces. A killer with a freeze ray. What's next? In a city suddenly flooded with costumed killers, it seems we need our costumed vigilante more than ever. The police are no match for these guys, and if they keep crawling out of the wood work, what chance do we have? Batman, where are you?

Danny 10-14-2011 11:22 AM

in

Autumn 10-14-2011 11:22 AM

I will reveal details later, a bit at a time, so as to not steal excitement away from Abe's game. But you can feel free to signup. I need exactly 20 people for this game, and I'd love to start as soon as possible next week.

Abe Sargent 10-14-2011 11:30 AM

in

Autumn 10-14-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2549061)
in

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2549048)
in

I think you two are destined to do this forever.

Danny 10-14-2011 11:48 AM

He's the Batman to my Joker

Abe Sargent 10-14-2011 11:50 AM

He's the hoe to my pimp

PackerFanatic 10-14-2011 11:50 AM

Count me in.

SnDvls 10-14-2011 12:09 PM

in

Zinto 10-14-2011 12:57 PM

I am in.

hoopsguy 10-14-2011 01:07 PM

I'll give it a go, now that I think I know where this game is headed :)

Narcizo 10-14-2011 02:03 PM

I'll wait and see. I wasn't lying about my availability during Abe's game and my work-schedule is going to pick up even more as one of my co-workers is leaving. (still not helping me extend my contract mind).

Danny 10-14-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2549080)
He's the hoe to my pimp

A pimp aint nuttin widout his hoes

Lathum 10-14-2011 02:47 PM

in

The Jackal 10-14-2011 04:38 PM

Not sure yet, I have a very busy early week next week including an interview on tuesday so hopefully I'll be even busier at the end of the week. I'll see if you can get to 20 without me first.

ntndeacon 10-14-2011 05:21 PM

I am in... at least until the first night.

Danny 10-14-2011 05:41 PM

vote ntn

CrimsonFox 10-14-2011 05:45 PM

They are the sand beneath my toes and the food IN my mouth.

CrimsonFox 10-14-2011 06:14 PM

I hope I get to be the penny, all shiny and new.

CrimsonFox 10-14-2011 06:15 PM

Vote anyone but ntn

CrimsonFox 10-14-2011 06:16 PM

Oh I get it! A title I know who is involved! JIM CARREY!

unvote anyone but ntn
vote danny

cause he's the joker!

CrimsonFox 10-14-2011 06:16 PM

er...no...wait...two face...so it's tommy lee jones.

hoopsguy 10-14-2011 06:22 PM

Well, if bhlloy signs up I think we have to vote for him Day 1, right?

mauchow 10-14-2011 07:13 PM

in

mauchow 10-14-2011 07:13 PM

even after my last failure..

MrBug708 10-14-2011 07:14 PM

Sure

Danny 10-14-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2549304)
Oh I get it! A title I know who is involved! JIM CARREY!

unvote anyone but ntn
vote danny

cause he's the joker!

Didn't you learn from last time?

Abe Sargent 10-14-2011 07:17 PM

I think its funny Danny and me were the first two to sign up.

Danny 10-14-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2549354)
I think its funny Danny and me were the first two to sign up.

Yes lol

Autumn 10-14-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2549305)
er...no...wait...two face...so it's tommy lee jones.

Wrong

The Jackal 10-14-2011 08:31 PM

I'm so in. The coins went way over my head. If I end up starting a job next week you'll just have to expect a little less from me than normal.

dzilla77 10-14-2011 09:24 PM

In, and if Danny starts posting a bunch of weird shit - DON'T LYNCH HIM!

Danny 10-14-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzilla77 (Post 2549488)
In, and if Danny starts posting a bunch of weird shit - DON'T LYNCH HIM!

I will be posting crazy regardless now.

Autumn 10-14-2011 10:32 PM

Only 7 more spots folks. I will be posting the rules tomorrow.

PackerFanatic 10-14-2011 11:31 PM

Nice! Very excited to actually get to play in a full version of this game.

J23 10-14-2011 11:34 PM

Sure

CrimsonFox 10-15-2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 2549081)
Count me in.

This pleases me. Welcome back, pack!

CrimsonFox 10-15-2011 03:02 AM

Make danny be Alyssa Milano

Narcizo 10-15-2011 05:27 AM

Ahhh! Not fair. I want to play.

CrimsonFox 10-15-2011 07:04 AM

And Autumn gets to be the cool CXL numeral too!

saldana 10-15-2011 07:32 AM

im in

Tyrith 10-15-2011 10:46 AM

My busy season at work is done - I'm game for some more WW.

Autumn 10-15-2011 10:52 AM

Yay, Tyrith

Autumn 10-15-2011 10:54 AM

The rules have been posted. It's quite a different game, mechanically, than the first. All rules are known to you, there is nothing hidden. But it's a different kind of ruleset than normal, so look it over carefully.

Four spots left. When we get to 20 things will rev up. If I have 20 by Sunday night, roles will go out then.