Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CLXVI - The Drenai Saga (GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=90050)

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009420)
Vote: Cheekimonk
Tell you what, you tell me what the obvious thing you did wrong was, and I'll point out the less obvious thing for future reference.

I think, from your quote, you're implying I'm Nosta? Read the post below from EF. EF is the bodyguard and has to be dead soon or later for the wolves to win. Unless I'm reading the role wrong, but I don't think I am.

I guess that was the "obvious" thing? I would be pleased to hear your "less obvious" thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan
Okay, I can reveal this now. I misread my PM and thought that I lost my protection powers if I reveal but I only lose the PM ability with the seer if I reveal. That becomes useless after tonight when the wolves kill me.

I am the bodyguard and was scanned last night; they know who I am and I can now be killed because of that scan. I didn't initially say it because I thought that I lost my bodyguard powers which would pretty much make me a vanilla villager and give the wolves an incentive to keep me alive.

Since I can't protect the seer it kind of makes my role a crapshoot anyway as I wouldn't know who to protect.

I protected JAG night one and Chief Rum on night two so far. I was close to protecting Narc but decided JAG, wish I went with my first thought.

fontisian 03-11-2015 03:00 PM

Not quite. The obvious thing is that you have more information than the rest of us in regards to Nosta's power. You outright said that scum have an additional kill to use on EF, but Jackal's description of Nosta's role doesn't go into detail on how that works (it could just be that the normal night kill can't be blocked by the other bodyguard or some other variation).

The less obvious thing was your town. New townies don't take someone attempting to lynch them that well, especially to the point of using a smiley face. It comes off as contrived.

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 03:00 PM

Not fun to wind up font's target du jour. At least my "appointment" tonight saves me from drawn out back-and-forth.

fontisian 03-11-2015 03:09 PM

You've got three hours. You can't address my concerns in that time?

Fair warning though, I won't be lynched toDay, and if you're not around when the wagon swings off of me it could be problematic for you.

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009426)
Not quite. The obvious thing is that you have more information than the rest of us in regards to Nosta's power. You outright said that scum have an additional kill to use on EF, but Jackal's description of Nosta's role doesn't go into detail on how that works (it could just be that the normal night kill can't be blocked by the other bodyguard or some other variation).

The less obvious thing was your town. New townies don't take someone attempting to lynch them that well, especially to the point of using a smiley face. It comes off as contrived.

I thought the same thing when he posted until I checked out the rules, and I don't interpret it the way you do. While it doesn't out and out say that there is a separate kill from the night kill, it does say that Dross can't be nightkilled, and that is pretty much laid out there. My thought on that was that the wolves must have another way of killing him.

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009429)
Fair warning though, I won't be lynched toDay, and if you're not around when the wagon swings off of me it could be problematic for you.

Are you revealing?

Font, stop being coy and spit it out. If you can help us narrow the field, please do. My vote right now is on you. If you're a roled villager, I would prefer not to lynch you.

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009426)

Huh? Nosta has a way of killing him. He has to be dead for the wolves to win. We haven't killed a wolf, so Nosta is still alive. Ergo, EF is dead. Maybe the rules of WW are more complex (?) and I'm missing something?

What does "your town" mean? I'm not taking the idea of getting lynched well, but I'm also a laid back kind of person. I can counter logic, but you'll never find me going after people (like you have, no offense). I don't even know what to tell you about a smiley face...

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3009433)
Huh? Nosta has a way of killing him. He has to be dead for the wolves to win. We haven't killed a wolf, so Nosta is still alive. Ergo, EF is dead. Maybe the rules of WW are more complex (?) and I'm missing something?

I think she's talking about you saying there will be two kills tonight, one for Dross and one for the nightkill, and that in saying so, you are revealing yourself as having more knowledge (which could only mean you're a wolf).

I don't think it is that clear from the rules, but she is right that you were rather forthright about it. How did you come to the conclusion we would have two kills tonight?

fontisian 03-11-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3009433)

What does "your town" mean? I'm not taking the idea of getting lynched well, but I'm also a laid back kind of person. I can counter logic, but you'll never find me going after people (like you have, no offense). I don't even know what to tell you about a smiley face...

Chief got the first part.

The second part was supposed to be "your tone." Apologies.

The Jackal 03-11-2015 03:28 PM

Vote Count:

3 - cheekimonk - EagleFan (516), Grover (539), fontisian (599)
2 - fontisian - path12 (588), cheekimonk (589)
1 - EagleFan - Suicane75 (526)
1 - Suicane75 - britrock88 (559)
1 - britrock88 - JAG (578)

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3009437)

I don't think it is that clear from the rules, but she is right that you were rather forthright about it. How did you come to the conclusion we would have two kills tonight?

I never said tonight. I said soon or later. The wolves have to kill EF. Yes, I did (do) assume that since his death can't be by NK, then a NK can still occur. There are other roles that set up more deaths on a night than the lynch and NK. I very well could be wrong. I guess it's quite possible that I am. This is still a critical vote...we cannot lynch another villager. I don't want to have bungled my way into a bad kill that I'll be blamed for when it's revealed I'm a villager.

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3009445)
I never said tonight. I said soon or later. The wolves have to kill EF. Yes, I did (do) assume that since his death can't be by NK, then a NK can still occur. There are other roles that set up more deaths on a night than the lynch and NK. I very well could be wrong. I guess it's quite possible that I am. This is still a critical vote...we cannot lynch another villager. I don't want to have bungled my way into a bad kill that I'll be blamed for when it's revealed I'm a villager.

Are you claiming to be a vanilla villager? No role?

path12 03-11-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009421)
<3

Aw. I forgive you for being completely wrong/possibly (but probably not?) evil.

Right back atcha for being probably (but possibly not? Nah.) evil. :)

fontisian 03-11-2015 03:39 PM

But why not consider that by knowing his identity, scum can just ignore Druss' usual night kill immunity? Why assume they specifically get another kill?

JAG 03-11-2015 03:40 PM

Well, this has been an interesting day.

path12 03-11-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3009445)

Well, you talked ratios after tonight, which certainly implies it would all occur tonight.

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009448)
But why not consider that by knowing his identity, scum can just ignore Druss' usual night kill immunity? Why assume they specifically get another kill?

To me, there's no getting around the statement "Dross can not be nightkilled".

Combine that with "Nosta has a way of killing him", which suggests not the normal way (i.e. nightkill), and I don't think it is a tremendous leap to think that there are multiple possible deaths here.

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:44 PM

Wouldn't the wolves kill Dross the second they could? I just assumed he would die tonight. I think EF is assuming that too. What am I missing?

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:46 PM

I don't think there's a way to resolve this without a lynch, though.

VOTE CHEEKIMONK

fontisian 03-11-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3009451)
To me, there's no getting around the statement "Dross can not be nightkilled".

Combine that with "Nosta has a way of killing him", which suggests not the normal way (i.e. nightkill), and I don't think it is a tremendous leap to think that there are multiple possible deaths here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3009454)
I don't think there's a way to resolve this without a lynch, though.

VOTE CHEEKIMONK

What? How do these work together?

saldana 03-11-2015 03:47 PM

OK font, that could be a nice catch and it is the closest thing to evidence we have, so for today i will go with you

vote Cheekimonk

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009456)
What? How do these work together?

I am saying you have a potential point and the only way to figure out is to lynch cheekimonk. Do you disagree?

britrock88 03-11-2015 03:52 PM

I don't want a runaway, but Font isn't getting traction, EF's claimed, I'm alone on Suicane, and I'm not voting for myself. Hrmph.

The Jackal 03-11-2015 03:55 PM

Vote Count:

5 - cheekimonk - EagleFan (516), Grover (539), fontisian (599), Chief Rum (619), saldana (621)
2 - fontisian - path12 (588), cheekimonk (589)
1 - EagleFan - Suicane75 (526)
1 - Suicane75 - britrock88 (559)
1 - britrock88 - JAG (578)

fontisian 03-11-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3009458)
I am saying you have a potential point and the only way to figure out is to lynch cheekimonk. Do you disagree?

But you just made an argument as to why my point isn't valid.

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009463)
But you just made an argument as to why my point isn't valid.

No, I made a point that you shouldn't be so certain you are correct. But I'm not saying you're wrong either.

Plus, I do think cheeki is being a little cagey. And you're apparently someone who can stop a lynch, so my main vote target isn't available (and if you're telling the truth, I want you alive).

So cheeki is as good as anyone at this point. Might as well figure this out now, and not let it drag out for days.

HomerSimpson98 03-11-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 3009457)
OK font, that could be a nice catch and it is the closest thing to evidence we have, so for today i will go with you

vote Cheekimonk

Interesting. You voted for font to be lynched yesterday, no?

EagleFan 03-11-2015 04:18 PM

I would look more closely at saldana tomorrow. I have to go back over things but there were a couple subtle things that stood out from him.

JAG 03-11-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 3008757)
Code:

Post        Time        Voter                Vote            Count        Unvote        Count
76        4:07        Narcizo              britrock88        1               
80        7:04        Zinto                GoldenEagle        1               
81        7:11        JAG                  saldana        1               
82        7:45        EagleFan        Zinto          1               
88        8:11        timmae                Grover            1               
96        9:57        Grover                Suicane75        1               
101        10:29        Chief Rum        Raven          1               
108        11:43        Raven                Suicane75        2               
112        11:57        cheekimonk        timmae          1               
123        12:25        Suicane75        Grover            2               
128        12:28        britrock88        JAG            1               
134        12:43        path12              britrock88        2               
152        14:18        britrock88        timmae                2        JAG            0
160        15:50        EagleFan                                Zinto          0
161        15:52        EagleFan        Raven          2               
163        15:57        JAG                  GoldenEagle        2        saldana        0
166        16:25        Narcizo              GoldenEagle        3        britrock88        1
174        16:55        Chief Rum        Suicane75        3        Raven          1
176        17:19        timmae                JAG                  1        Grover            1
177        17:23        Suicane75        GoldenEagle        4        Grover            0
180        18:06        HomerSimpson98        fontisian        1               
189        18:35        JAG                  fontisian        2        GoldenEagle        3
190        18:35        GoldenEagle        Suicane75        4               
192        18:42        Raven                fontisian        3        Suicane75        3
197        18:58        cheekimonk        britrock88        2        timmae          1
204        19:11        path12              GoldenEagle        4        britrock88        1
207        19:13        EagleFan        GoldenEagle        5        Raven          0
214        19:34        Grover                fontisian        4        Suicane75        2
216        20:02        JAG                  Suicane75        3        fontisian        3
223        20:25        GoldenEagle        fontisian        4        Suicane75        2
237        20:49        EagleFan        Raven                1        GoldenEagle        4
239        21:22        cheekimonk        Raven                2        britrock88        0
240        21:37        timmae                GoldenEagle        5        JAG            0
242        21:48        EagleFan        fontisian        5        Raven          1
244        21:54        fontisian        GoldenEagle        6        Raven          1

Updated with vote counts. :)

EF, can I ask if you have certain proof or just a hunch here? If you look at the D1 movement the last couple hours by cheek, it doesn't look very wolf-like to me.

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3009446)
Are you claiming to be a vanilla villager? No role?

I'm not claiming any role. There's no reason to out myself with only Druss being known, and after the first 2 nights ANY villager is critical...role or not. It's going to hurt the village to lose me and I can say that based on straight logic without an emotional appeal to everyone to trust me that I'm EXTRA valuable. That would reek of desperation to me, and would get the wolves after me in any case.

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 3009450)
Well, you talked ratios after tonight, which certainly implies it would all occur tonight.

No, I talked ratios. Period. If I'm lynched and I'm right that a NK can still happen when Druss is killed, then that's -3 villagers now or later. I didn't think I had to point out that the ratios are going to look even worse later on.

I do assume the wolves will kill Druss ASAP, but the rules don't say how that works or when. As I said, soon or later EF is dead.

HomerSimpson98 03-11-2015 04:38 PM

I honestly dont see what cheeki has done to warrant the runaway. Everything he said could easily be deduced from the first page of this thread. Yeah the stupid smile emoticon was not ideal but i took it as a joke (from someone who has told many stupid jokes).

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3009448)

Because the rule goes at length to say Nosta has "a way of killing him." Putting that right against "cannot be NK'd" says to me that "way" is something other than NK.

Grover 03-11-2015 04:40 PM

Ended up doing roughly 350 miles of driving today for work... catching up on the thread!

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 (Post 3009480)
I honestly dont see what cheeki has done to warrant the runaway. Everything he said could easily be deduced from the first page of this thread. Yeah the stupid smile emoticon was not ideal but i took it as a joke (from someone who has told many stupid jokes).

Hey!

HomerSimpson98 03-11-2015 04:44 PM

lol - I meant jokes that didnt land quite as well as they do in your head. I'm the king of those.

Grover 03-11-2015 04:45 PM

and I still feel very confident voting for cheeki.

I think Suicane and britrock definitely deserve long hard looks as well.

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 (Post 3009486)
lol - I meant jokes that didnt land quite as well as they do in your head. I'm the king of those.

Lol! There's a lot of things not landing today quite as well as they are in my head...

path12 03-11-2015 04:56 PM

I dunno. I'd rather see one of font/JAG/Brit but those don't seem to be getting traction.

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 05:01 PM

Can I point out in my defense that EF got this roll on me started (maybe I haven't helped my case with my answers but this is my first time on the spot in this game) and I have yet to get a response to this earlier exchange:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 3009392)
Take cheek out, then worry about the other wolves. The more I see the more I am convinced that he is a wolf.

Is there any reasoning I can address? All I see is:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan
vote cheekimonk

Not changing that vote today.

I feel like I'm throwing water on a grease fire without knowing any better, but why was this grease fire started? I really do NOT want to leave you guys thinking I'm a terrible player when you lynch another villager not because of any logical reason but because of my awkward answers.

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 3009473)
EF, can I ask if you have certain proof or just a hunch here? If you look at the D1 movement the last couple hours by cheek, it doesn't look very wolf-like to me.

Being as objective as I can, I don't think my D2 pattern was very wolf-like either...at least as I judge it. There are definitely patterns that are more wolf-like, to me, which goes back to why this was started on me in the first place.

Chief Rum 03-11-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3009495)
Being as objective as I can, I don't think my D2 pattern was very wolf-like either...at least as I judge it. There are definitely patterns that are more wolf-like, to me, which goes back to why this was started on me in the first place.

Are there any patterns in particular you want to point out?

britrock88 03-11-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 3009492)
I dunno. I'd rather see one of font/JAG/Brit but those don't seem to be getting traction.

Pat, can I ask who's in the group you trust the most?

path12 03-11-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 (Post 3009480)

Well then, who do you like? Who do you distrust? I see two votes and no movement. Would love to hear some thoughts on people.

saldana 03-11-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 (Post 3009470)
Interesting. You voted for font to be lynched yesterday, no?

i did, and i was going to vote her again today, but she seems to have actually caught something that makes sense...everything else is just a hunch...she tagged onto an actual fact, so i will go with her today, and if Cheekimonk comes up village, i will vote her at 1001 tonight.

HomerSimpson98 03-11-2015 05:20 PM

I feel that font has taken a fairly insignificant post, one that I think can be deduced from the character list and roles, and blown it up to be something it isnt.

HomerSimpson98 03-11-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekimonk (Post 3009476)
It's going to hurt the village to lose me and I can say that based on straight logic without an emotional appeal to everyone to trust me that I'm EXTRA valuable. That would reek of desperation to me, and would get the wolves after me in any case.

Did you mean to say "can" or "cant"??

path12 03-11-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 3009498)
Pat, can I ask who's in the group you trust the most?

Well, it's pretty small which is frustrating.

I believe EF because of no counter claim -- though if you are Druss would you counter? I think with the count getting closer and no seer hits you probably would.

I know my alignment.

I have not seen anything that has pinged me from Chief (except the vet angle), Zinto (except how quiet he is), and saldana (who I remember usually playing his cards close to the vest).

I think Suicane is a confused new player.

I've given Homer & cheekimonk newbie benefit but am looking harder now.

I was suspicious of Grover and am not so much right now but cannot for the life of me figure out why.

And you know that I'm pinged hard by you, font & JAG currently. I probably feel best about JAG out of that group but he is a better player than I am so he may just be playing me.

Did I miss anyone?

cheekimonk 03-11-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3009496)
Are there any patterns in particular you want to point out?

Suicane, for one. He started the momentum for the bad lynch on D1, then helped along the momentum on D2's bad lynch before ditching for EF...when EF was not remotely in danger. Convenient since I called him out for stoking the fire for GE on D1.

font, in addition to being oddly aggressive here, tried to start a pile-on on D1 before jumping at the last minute to GE. Who did he try to start the run on? Why, none other than Raven...D2's erroneous lynching and one he also piled on immediately when it started along with...

Zinto. Who, I've pointed out, has not cast a single vote for someone not lynched (all bad for us). He's been quiet, too, and vets have pointed out that it's quieter than usual.

britrock88 03-11-2015 05:27 PM

So I'm just going to assume for the sake of this exercise that we lynch Cheekimonk and that he's a wolf. What does that tell us?

- his D1 LL avoidance points indirectly to Suicane and Font
- his D2 switch from Sui to Grover points toward Suicane and away from Grover
- posting/reads:
----- justifies early D2 Sui vote by Sui bandwagoning onto GE D1; switches to Grover when Sui points out it was a self-defense vote
----- (post 463, EF points out how it feels orchestrated)
----- defends himself when Grover asks pointed questions
----- makes a mechanical inference about Druss/Nosta, catches heat from Font for it

...I dunno. Not that I get any kind of good feeling, but this seems like it could very well be new player feeling out the WW atmosphere. I'd still rather head toward Suicane first, I think. But I'll reread him to see what there is pointing in that direction beyond his presence near the LL for the last 2 days.