Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96929)

BradS 11-05-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfc22 (Post 3311370)
The mental health angle is what you want to hang your hat on?

There are many more positives to Trump that endears him to many Americans. Him being more a businessman than politician was big. His work ethic and achieving so much in just 3 years is remarkable and brought tremendous enthusiasm.

I can't see this with Biden. To go back to a career politician and a meager 401k. Jobs start to trickle back to China and elsewhere. Biden will sell out to special interest and our trading partners again. That's what he is. Big tax raise, no thanks.

Trump is genuinely for the average working ppl in this country. The poverty level for all Americans was the lowest since 1952 coupled with record low unemployment rates for all Americans. Trump will, and has fought harder for Americans than any other president of record. The hate and vitriol is real here so I'm going to leave this.

larrymcg421 11-05-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradS (Post 3311402)
There are many more positives to Trump that endears him to many Americans. Him being more a businessman than politician was big. His work ethic and achieving so much in just 3 years is remarkable and brought tremendous enthusiasm.

I can't see this with Biden. To go back to a career politician and a meager 401k. Jobs start to trickle back to China and elsewhere. Biden will sell out to special interest and our trading partners again. That's what he is. Big tax raise, no thanks.

Trump is genuinely for the average working ppl in this country. The poverty level for all Americans was the lowest since 1952 coupled with record low unemployment rates for all Americans. Trump will, and has fought harder for Americans than any other president of record. The hate and vitriol is real here so I'm going to leave this.

The campaign is over, Eric. Your dad lost.

sterlingice 11-05-2020 03:58 PM

Eric? Not even Don Jr? Man, that's harsh.

SI

cuervo72 11-05-2020 04:08 PM

I just want to know...when did DJT start caring about the average, working class guy? Because before all this President stuff, he sure didn't seem to display much.

larrymcg421 11-05-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 3311420)
Eric? Not even Don Jr? Man, that's harsh.

SI

I mean. Trolling on message boards is the job they'd give Eric to do, while they entrust Don Jr. to do real harm in the real world.

Lathum 11-05-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

I feel like this is what you would get if someone programmed a bot to regurgitate FOX News talking points on text sim message boards.

JPhillips 11-05-2020 04:50 PM

Thank God this won't come down to a single state, because it could get very ugly if it did.

Quote:

Trump campaign legal adviser: "We're waiting for the United States Supreme Court - of which the President has nominated three justices - to step in and do something. And hopefully Amy Coney Barrett will come through"

Lathum 11-05-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 3311452)
Thank God this won't come down to a single state, because it could get very ugly if it did.

lol.

should do wonders for her credibility

Edward64 11-05-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

I disagree with much of what you said but agree with the last sentence.

Brian Swartz 11-05-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum
should do wonders for her credibility

It actually could if she ignores his nonsense and just does her job.

Lathum 11-05-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Swartz (Post 3311460)

excellent point

JPhillips 11-05-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Swartz (Post 3311460)

I'm pretty sure his nonsense is her job.

None of the GOP A Team is involved in this shitshow.

JediKooter 11-05-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

No wait...please...don't go...Take your self inflicted victim complex somewhere else.

GrantDawg 11-05-2020 08:42 PM

He had me at "his work ethic." Those golf balls can't hit themselves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

QuikSand 11-05-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 3308562)
While I remain worried about every path this could take, the rising-fast concern is that the actual electoral college - the meeting of the people selected by each state as electors to do their duty - will itself become a major point of contention this cycle. We saw a crack in the curtain last time with a handful of "faithless electors" and since we've been burning down norms for the last few years, why stop here? Of course there is a pending strategy to discredit, misdirect, or hijack this process. Probably several.

Right on cue... well, actually this was probably supposed to be saved for a little later after the laughable court challenges are laughed away by even the most true-believer judges...

Here we go. If you liked "timely-filed ballots by confirmed American voters should be ignored," then you'll love "these certain states can send whomever they choose as electors, and those people will vote however the state party leaders instruct them to vote."

JPhillips 11-05-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 3311674)
Right on cue... well, actually this was probably supposed to be saved for a little later after the laughable court challenges are laughed away by even the most true-believer judges...

Here we go. If you liked "timely-filed ballots by confirmed American voters should be ignored," then you'll love "these certain states can send whomever they choose as electors, and those people will vote however the state party leaders instruct them to vote."

I can't imagine this goes anywhere, but who knows.

QuikSand 11-05-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 3311676)
I can't imagine this goes anywhere, but who knows.

Because our country has "norms" and such? Because there are depths to which this group will not stoop? Because it would be dishonest and harmful to the country?

I hope I'm totally wrong, and you're right, and we have a laugh later about what a dope I was back at this point. Really hope so.

JPhillips 11-05-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 3311685)
Because our country has "norms" and such? Because there are depths to which this group will not stoop? Because it would be dishonest and harmful to the country?

I hope I'm totally wrong, and you're right, and we have a laugh later about what a dope I was back at this point. Really hope so.

It just seems like the GOP A-Team is sitting this out and I think that's going to be enough when the problem is in multiple states.

But I could be wrong, and plenty of the GOP have shrouded themselves in disgrace already. The most dangerous ones are those competing to get the rose from Trump and/or Trump Jr.

Ben E Lou 11-06-2020 03:48 AM

I'm wondering if we're just days away from a ragequit. Seems like a given that in the next 24 hours, not only will the networks call it for Biden, but that by Monday it's 306 for him.

Qwikshot 11-06-2020 07:12 AM

Yanked from other thread:

So if/when Biden is declared the winner:

1. Months of litigation - will Republicans leadership support him?
2. Inauguration - will there be Republicans present?
3. Twitter - will it lock Trump out once he's a "civilian" for anything inflammatory?
4. When he goes on his rallies to state he was mobbed and argues for insurrection, will he be arrested?
5. Will Fox News and OAN or any other right wing site support him and will there be any means by the government to discredit?

I mean when the source of all potential domestic terrorism is the prior president, what do you do?

Qwikshot 11-06-2020 07:13 AM

It begins:

https://6abc.com/police-investigate-...nter-/7689932/

cuervo72 11-06-2020 07:30 AM

This also begins:

Special Counsel’s Office Opens Hatch Act Investigation Into Trump’s Use of White House for Campaign Events

Galaril 11-06-2020 07:46 AM

This seems most likely now”He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14")

I agree Trump announces 2024 run in December and starts having rallies right away stirring insurrection. I would say he has Don Jr or Ivanka as his VP. My hope is criminal litigation takes them all down before 2024.

QuikSand 11-06-2020 08:17 AM

The fracture happening right now, and for the days/weeks ahead, among people with the active (R) label is pretty important for American democracy.

Edward64 11-06-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaril (Post 3311834)
This seems most likely now”He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14")

I agree Trump announces 2024 run in December and starts having rallies right away stirring insurrection. I would say he has Don Jr or Ivanka as his VP. My hope is criminal litigation takes them all down before 2024.

He'll pardon as many as he can.

Unfortunately, you are right about 2024. I do wish the repudiation was much more decisive but Trump will be the defacto leader for a while. The GOP is doing to be stepping on eggshells to not offend for the next 4 years. It would be great to have a GOP moderate as a leader.

Atocep 11-06-2020 09:51 AM

I don't think this stretches out too far. Once it becomes very clear Biden is the winner GOP leadership is going to start pressuring the White House to concede. What will be interesting is who can talk Trump into it. I'm guessing they'll see if Ivanka can talk some sense into him.

JPhillips 11-06-2020 09:57 AM

Eventually, the grown-ups will go back to the party and let the toddler cry himself out.

stevew 11-06-2020 01:03 PM

I think the Trump Party or the MAGA Party is probably a direct result of all of this. That way he/his spawn don’t even have to pretend to care about the GOP. Just fundraise for as long as you can and pay for play on endorsements

AlexB 11-06-2020 01:49 PM

Do you see there being enough for him to be removed before the usual time due to mental incapacity to carry out the role? A few Republicans seem fairly condescending about his tirade yesterday.

Atocep 11-06-2020 01:54 PM

I'm curious if we get concession speech. I honestly can see him conceding without a speech. I'm not sure he has it in him to get in front of the cameras and admit defeat.

Ben E Lou 11-06-2020 02:16 PM

Shocking...

kingfc22 11-06-2020 02:20 PM

So a normal day minus a round of golf.

Ben E Lou 11-06-2020 02:44 PM

CNN's repeated mischaracterizations of the uncounted ballots probably isn't going to help matters. Don't know if this error keeps getting made in other places, but I'm sure I've heard various iterations of this dozens of times: "these new ballots coming in...errrrr....I mean the ballots being counted that were cast on or before election day that are just now being counted." It's a conspiracy video waiting to happen. "OMG LOOK HOW MANY TIMES THE LIBRUL MEDIA ADMITTED THEY ADDED BALLOTS!!!"

ISiddiqui 11-06-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3312087)
CNN's repeated mischaracterizations of the uncounted ballots probably isn't going to help matters. Don't know if this error keeps getting made in other places, but I'm sure I've heard various iterations of this dozens of times: "these new ballots coming in...errrrr....I mean the ballots being counted that were cast on or before election day that are just now being counted." It's a conspiracy video waiting to happen. "OMG LOOK HOW MANY TIMES THE LIBRUL MEDIA ADMITTED THEY ADDED BALLOTS!!!"

That's how they've always referred to them, so I'll give them a pass for slipping up on that. Only this year we run into the conspiracy issue.

Thomkal 11-06-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atocep (Post 3312061)
I'm curious if we get concession speech. I honestly can see him conceding without a speech. I'm not sure he has it in him to get in front of the cameras and admit defeat.

I think his concession "speech" will just be a tweet where he never congratulates Biden and complains about how unfair this election was on his way out the door

rjolley 11-06-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 3312089)
That's how they've always referred to them, so I'll give them a pass for slipping up on that. Only this year we run into the conspiracy issue.

Yeah, I've caught myself restating it when talking with my wife. I've been saying Arizona might flip back to Trump instead of Trump may win Arizona after some outlets predicted Biden would win it.

kingfc22 11-07-2020 10:56 AM

Let’s see just how crazy this shit show gets.

Ben E Lou 11-07-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfc22 (Post 3312320)
Let’s see just how crazy this shit show gets.

sterlingice 11-07-2020 04:51 PM

Sounds plausible. But he's definitely still going to use that legal fund to pay himself

SI

Atocep 11-07-2020 04:54 PM

They'll concede when donations toward the "legal fund" dry up.

Thomkal 11-07-2020 04:59 PM

I don't think anyone had the We will not concede speech in the parking lot of a landscaping business?

claphamsa 11-07-2020 05:23 PM

next to a sex shop, and a crematorium!

JPhillips 11-07-2020 06:28 PM

God, I hope we learn that Four Seasons Landscaping was a mistake when they were expecting The Four Seasons.

ISiddiqui 11-07-2020 07:06 PM

I guarantee that is what it was. This administration is basically a season of Veep.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

sterlingice 11-07-2020 07:24 PM

It'll be another fun chapter to the tell-all book

SI

PilotMan 11-07-2020 08:04 PM

Person posted in r/QAnonCasualties today that their Aunt killed herself today leaving a note that she feared the cabal was coming for her and her kids because of trump's loss.

This is the terrifying reality of the world post election and the danger we're facing from this group of people who are sold, lock, stock and barrel that they have the answers.

Brian Swartz 11-07-2020 08:06 PM

There have always been and always will be people like that.

JPhillips 11-10-2020 09:41 PM

I love John Fetterman.

molson 11-10-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3313297)
On second thought... maybe we SHOULD keep investigating the election.

Maybe the Dems paid him to $131,000 to recant.

CraigSca 11-10-2020 10:42 PM

Seeing that he denies recanting now. So that's cool.