Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   CJBL: A web-based, FM-style multiplayer College Basketball League has openings (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96393)

Chief Rum 04-22-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3276422)
So should we start a list of what FOFC'ers are playing in this game, so we know who to concentrate on beating? :) You can set up the non-conference part of your schedule so might be fun to get some of your fellow FOFC (and/or FOBL'ers) on the schedule:

I was Kansas State for the just completed season, but I have moved over to my old friend Coastal Carolina for this next season.

I was and am still surprised you didn't just choose to run both.

Chief Rum 04-22-2020 12:40 AM

I have Indiana, UC Santa Barbara and UNC Wilmington

tyketime 04-22-2020 06:46 AM

After leading the NJIT Highlanders to the Front Door of the Big Dance with a First Four play-in game, I've moved onto the SEC taking over the reins of the South Carolina Gamecocks.

It really is a very well detailed simulation that does pull you in!

henry296 04-22-2020 07:18 AM

I'm the Pitt and Penn AD.

muns 04-22-2020 08:01 AM

Navy and Georgia here

ntndeacon 04-22-2020 08:18 AM

Wake Forest here

PineTar 04-22-2020 08:25 AM

Marquette / Rice

illinifan999 04-22-2020 09:17 AM

Illinois

Ramzavail 04-22-2020 09:22 AM

Hofstra and Bryant. My alma maters.

Thomkal 04-22-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3276637)
I was and am still surprised you didn't just choose to run both.

CR,

I did consider it but two things led me to Coastal Carolina other than being a fan of course.

1) Recruiting/transfers were just too big in number for me to want to do it twice. I like to "dig in" and look at a lot of recruits/transfers and the thought of doing that twice was too much for me. As it turns out Coastal might end up with five transfers/recruits this "season." Kansas State was in a much better situation, but didn't want to lose interest in the game because I was overwhelming by coaching two teams. Who knows, as I become more comfortable with the game, I might move back to 2 teams.

2) I just like the small school "challenge" better than a big school. It was pretty easy to get what I needed at Kansas State, and didn't have to do much adjusting with them roster/strategy etc. With Coastal I'm thinking I will have to do a lot of tinkering to find what works best for them.

BillyNYC 04-22-2020 05:30 PM

Both my alma maters (Cornell/Florida) taken, sooooo....

Took over Kansas State (thanks Thomkal for the work already done. Great foundation for me)

And Manhattan...because I like that Kansas St. being in Manhattan, KS. Total opposite team. Only 7 players on roster now, of which only 2 are better than 0.5* overall. Feels like an old school "empty cupboard challenge"

pbot 04-22-2020 07:16 PM

Lafayette and Wyoming for me.

Thomkal 04-22-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyNYC (Post 3276800)

Took over Kansas State (thanks Thomkal for the work already done. Great foundation for me)

And Manhattan...because I like that Kansas St. being in Manhattan, KS. Total opposite team. Only 7 players on roster now, of which only 2 are better than 0.5* overall. Feels like an old school "empty cupboard challenge"

Glad to see Kansas State taken by a FOFC'er Bill-good luck with them!

murrayyyyy 04-22-2020 08:16 PM

Arkansas
UC-San Diego
and minty fresh High Point.

BishopMVP 04-22-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyNYC (Post 3276800)

No question that Senior class is loaded... gonna have to do some 'crootin these next two offseasons though!

Also I'm really looking forward to recruiting. Hoping I can get 1 PG, maybe even one of the reaches I offered in the transfer period so I'm not at risk of completely bungling it. :D

RedKingGold 04-23-2020 03:24 AM

Villanova and Drexel here.

Sublime 2 04-23-2020 06:21 PM

Just joined.

Boston University & Nevada!

Groundhog 04-23-2020 08:43 PM

Utah and Northwestern State for me (to continue where I left off in FBCB2). Also picked up Columbia late last season mainly just to have some fun with the academic recruiting restrictions.

Izulde 04-24-2020 01:06 AM

UNLV, obvs.

Autumn 04-25-2020 11:29 AM

Great league, great ADs. I know little about college basketball, but managed to get Maryland to the Final Four, and Northeastern came in 2nd in our conference tournament.

Chief Rum 04-26-2020 04:20 AM

In case anyone out there is on the fence, now is the time to join. We're in the new offseason and recruits are about to be released.

BishopMVP 04-28-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3277518)
In case anyone out there is on the fence, now is the time to join. We're in the new offseason and recruits are about to be released.

I'll +2 the recommendation here. Phase 1 of recruiting (just scouting/no offers) will happen in 8.5 hours, and if you take a team in one of the mid-low conferences that isn't filled with humans one good recruiting class should put you in the upper half of a conference. Skrath is constantly adding features, and it seems very realistic and intuitive why certain combinations of skills for players work (or don't).

weegeebored 04-28-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huckleberry (Post 3276224)
Crap I wish I'd never seen this thread.

I know what you mean. With all of the positives being written about the league it is very tempting to join in on the fun.

Comey 04-29-2020 02:58 PM

There are also a lot of writers in the league, helping to bring it to life. Stuff from all over the nation. It's pretty fantastic.

skrath 04-29-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegeebored (Post 3278171)
I know what you mean. With all of the positives being written about the league it is very tempting to join in on the fun.

Now's the time to join! Just the start of recruiting with a few high prestige teams left (Louisville, LSU).

weegeebored 04-29-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skrath (Post 3278486)
Now's the time to join! Just the start of recruiting with a few high prestige teams left (Louisville, LSU).

If I get league approval I will take Louisville and bring them back to championship glory!!! Oh...is that too much, too soon? ;)

Chief Rum 04-30-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegeebored (Post 3278514)
If I get league approval I will take Louisville and bring them back to championship glory!!! Oh...is that too much, too soon? ;)

If you're serious about joining, Louisville is open.

weegeebored 04-30-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3278520)
If you're serious about joining, Louisville is open.

Yep, I am set up as Louisville and working on figuring out how things work. Should be a lot of fun. I just don't want to finish last.

NoSkillz 04-30-2020 10:36 PM

I know next to nothing about college ball but I couldn't resist - just signed up to lead the UB Bulls in the MAC.

Looks like I have lots to learn in very little time...

dawgfan 04-30-2020 11:06 PM

Starting my 2nd season with Washington.

BishopMVP 04-30-2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegeebored (Post 3278720)
Yep, I am set up as Louisville and working on figuring out how things work. Should be a lot of fun. I just don't want to finish last.

You're pretty well set up this season to at least be .500 & a bubble team again - 3.5 starters back & the returning backup PG Williams outplayed your starter who somehow got worse every season & basically started shaving points SR year http://jblfl.com/cjbl/players.php?pid=21042
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSkillz (Post 3278887)
I know next to nothing about college ball but I couldn't resist - just signed up to lead the UB Bulls in the MAC.

Looks like I have lots to learn in very little time...

4/5 starters back from a top MAC team there (and they're young!), though unfortunately the one you lost was an all-around monster at that level http://jblfl.com/cjbl/players.php?pid=21362

I've actually got you as an OOC game this year (with Charlotte traveling to Buffalo) - when the CPU was controlling it I figured they'd still be at least near the top of the MAC & it'd be one of those solid RPI wins if I could pull it out.

Good luck with recruiting to both of you!

ntndeacon 05-04-2020 02:22 PM

I just decided to start a second program...
Samford Bulldogs

BishopMVP 05-04-2020 02:27 PM

Butter nice snag in Montreal McLaughlin, he was going to be my fallback for TCU LoL. The E in BBIQ/D+ Outside Shooting combo made me wary, but if you can prevent him from jacking up bad shots the rest of his skills should make him great at that level! Thomkal I see you grabbed Dalton Lumpkin, I think he's better off as an SG than a SF but he should be a great wing. Same to you Muns with Dalen Beciri - I wanted to keep the local kids in Charlotte but I backed off when I saw the Georgia offer. We'll see if I get either of the 2 4* SF on Wednesday before the 5*'s come off the board & the big schools come back in haha. Not sure if I missed others schools - hard to keep track of everyone now!

Closed out 2/3 spots for TCU, only 1/5 for Charlotte and of course it was the one Big I'm recruiting not the perimeter players I need more haha, but overall better than I expected going in so far & hoping Thursday morning turns out well too!

Butter 05-04-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3279577)
Butter nice snag in Montreal McLaughlin, he was going to be my fallback for TCU LoL. The E in BBIQ/D+ Outside Shooting combo made me wary, but if you can prevent him from jacking up bad shots the rest of his skills should make him great at that level!

Yeah, thanks. My philosophy with them is, I'm not gonna get the skill guys, so I need to try to out-athlete everyone, if possible. He'll fit in with that philosophy quite well. Though I was planning for him to be my backup for my #1 PG target, who looks like he's gonna get poached by A&M.

Same philosophy in going after Tyler Metu, who looks like he'll probably sign with TCU if offered. Basically just trying to stay in-state with HBU, and get some athletes. The current roster is sad.

BishopMVP 05-04-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 3279578)
Yeah, thanks. My philosophy with them is, I'm not gonna get the skill guys, so I need to try to out-athlete everyone, if possible. He'll fit in with that philosophy quite well. Though I was planning for him to be my backup for my #1 PG target, who looks like he's gonna get poached by A&M.

Same philosophy in going after Tyler Metu, who looks like he'll probably sign with TCU if offered. Basically just trying to stay in-state with HBU, and get some athletes. The current roster is sad.

I almost certainly won't be offering Metu. Only one spot open & I'll use it on a big unless all of them commit elsewhere & Metu is still available.

Thomkal 05-04-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3279577)
Butter nice snag in Montreal McLaughlin, he was going to be my fallback for TCU LoL. The E in BBIQ/D+ Outside Shooting combo made me wary, but if you can prevent him from jacking up bad shots the rest of his skills should make him great at that level! Thomkal I see you grabbed Dalton Lumpkin, I think he's better off as an SG than a SF but he should be a great wing. Same to you Muns with Dalen Beciri - I wanted to keep the local kids in Charlotte but I backed off when I saw the Georgia offer. We'll see if I get either of the 2 4* SF on Wednesday before the 5*'s come off the board & the big schools come back in haha. Not sure if I missed others schools - hard to keep track of everyone now!

Closed out 2/3 spots for TCU, only 1/5 for Charlotte and of course it was the one Big I'm recruiting not the perimeter players I need more haha, but overall better than I expected going in so far & hoping Thursday morning turns out well too!

I was surprised there wasn't more interest in Lumpkin, I used my major pitch on him so that probably helped get him. I had one guy with almost zero other coaches looking at him and no schollies but mine, totally reject me. :( Still have a lot of options out there for my other 2 schollies, including still a certain New Hampshire recruit, who's interest in Coastal somehow went up even though I ignored him this phase.

Edit: I was going to try Lumpkin at both spots just to see what he does

henry296 05-04-2020 05:20 PM

Ntndeacon and I have two good battles for 4* guards between Wake and Pitt. Did you make Aube an offer this phase?

BishopMVP 05-04-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3279587)
I was surprised there wasn't more interest in Lumpkin, I used my major pitch on him so that probably helped get him. I had one guy with almost zero other coaches looking at him and no schollies but mine, totally reject me. :( Still have a lot of options out there for my other 2 schollies, including still a certain New Hampshire recruit, who's interest in Coastal somehow went up even though I ignored him this phase.

Edit: I was going to try Lumpkin at both spots just to see what he does

Yeah I guess he's worth trying at both, the Perimeter D vs Post D just seemed to pigeonhole him into SG, but with his length maybe he's better on D in the lane than I'd think.

It's definitely working to our advantage as smaller schools to have this many 3/4* players commit before the 5*'s do & big schools pivot. Maybe some of these guys would still commit to a smaller school that showed them early love & fits their desires rather than just grabbing any high major offer, but it really does seem like even the elite schools are better off only going after a couple 5*'s instead of tying up all their spots. We'll see what happens with the next 2 sims though - I have 2 4* guys that have Kansas & NC State lurking respectively, we'll see if they still commit before those schools can offer them (if that's the reason for no offer.)

britrock88 05-05-2020 09:23 AM

I have somehow missed this but am very interested.

britrock88 05-05-2020 09:40 AM

A small public service. Compiling all teams listed here through post 89:

Autumn: Maryland, Northeastern
BillyNYC: Kansas State, Manhattan
BishopMVP: Charlotte, TCU
Butter: Dayton, Houston Baptist, Wright St.
Chief Rum: Indiana, UC Santa Barbara, UNC Wilmington
Comey: Fairfield, UConn
DavidCorperial: Hartford
dawgfan: Washington
Groundhog: Columbia, Utah, Northwestern St.
henry296: Penn, Pitt
illinifan999: Illinois
Izulde: UNLV
kingfc22: Harvard, SE Louisiana, Stanford
laser: Florida Gulf Coast, Kentucky
MrBug708: Arizona, Cal Poly, Houston
muns: Georgia, Navy
murrayyyyy: Arkansas, High Point, UC San Diego
NoSkillz: Buffalo
ntndeacon: Samford, Wake Forest
pbot: Lafayette, Wyoming
PineTar: Marquette, Rice
Ramzavail: Bryant, Hofstra
RedKingGold: Drexel, Villanova
Subby: William & Mary
Sublime 2: Boston U., Nevada
Thomkal: Coastal Carolina
tyketime: South Carolina
weegeebored: Louisville

britrock88 05-05-2020 09:57 AM

And a conference census, because I would pull this together any when the time comes to choose a team or three.

Atlantic 10: Dayton
American: Houston
ACC: Louisville, Pitt, Wake Forest (3)
America East: Hartford
Atlantic Sun: Florida Gulf Coast
Big Ten: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland (3)
Big 12: Kansas St., TCU (2)
Big East: Marquette, UConn, Villanova (3)
Big South: High Point
Big West: Cal Poly, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara (3)
Colonial: Drexel, Hofstra, Northeastern, UNC Wilmington, William & Mary (5)
Conference USA: Charlotte, Rice (2)
Horizon: Wright St.
Ivy: Columbia, Harvard, Penn (3)
MAAC: Fairfield, Manhattan (2)
MAC: Buffalo
Mountain West: Nevada, UNLV, Wyoming (3)
Northeast: Bryant
Pac-12: Arizona, Stanford, Utah, Washington (4)
Patriot: Boston U, Lafayette, Navy (3)
Sun Belt: Coastal Carolina
SEC: Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina (4)
Southland: Houston Baptist, Northwestern St., SE Louisiana (3)
SoCon: Samford

Butter 05-05-2020 11:53 AM

britrock, plenty of teams available. You should join up, now is a great time, still early enough in recruiting to do some things.

Radii 05-05-2020 12:18 PM

I run NC State, Delaware, and Campbell.

Currently the only available ACC school is Boston College - which was a top NIT seed last year so they're not bad and britrock you should definitely take them ;) . Most of the power conferences are close to full/full, its a really great league!

Butter 05-05-2020 12:38 PM

Atlantic 10 had 6 teams in the postseason last year, so plug for them. It would be great to get some more humans in there.

NoSkillz 05-05-2020 01:05 PM

I'm enjoying this immensely...and I don't even have my first commitment yet!

As the AD of a mid-major (Buffalo), and one that came into the process just prior to phase three of recruiting, I'm hopelessly behind most of the other teams right now in the scouting process. Lack of funds is another hindrance but I'm making due. I hope to have one or two of my key targets commit soon...

Question for Skrath: I'm going to definitely contribute more articles and press releases on the site but are you opposed to me writing a dynasty about my team here at FOFC?

Might be a fun exercise, especially with so many FOFC members having teams in the CJBL...and it might entice a few more to join us.

ntndeacon 05-05-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry296 (Post 3279617)
Ntndeacon and I have two good battles for 4* guards between Wake and Pitt. Did you make Aube an offer this phase?

It'll probably be next phase. I got so flustered with losing so many on my call list, I may have gone a little crazy.

ntndeacon 05-05-2020 05:21 PM

I need to send some OOC game requests for Samford. I'll be trying to get some folks from here to Accept. Already sent one to NW ST.

Comey 05-05-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 3279771)
I have somehow missed this but am very interested.

This league is your wheelhouse. I tried to point you towards it in posts before, but I should have PM'd you.

ntndeacon 05-07-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry296 (Post 3279617)

Wake got its two PGs , so I won't be offering Aube.

henry296 05-07-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 3280121)
Wake got its two PGs , so I won't be offering Aube.

That's ok, I'm probalby not getting him either. Duke and UConn have both joined the party although they haven't offered yet.