Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   CJBL: A web-based, FM-style multiplayer College Basketball League has openings (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96393)

dawgfan 07-11-2020 02:03 PM

The Final Four is a very FOFC affair with me, Subby, RedKingGold and Butter advancing. Butter's Dayton team has to be the story of the Tournament so far as the 5th seeded Flyers have taken out the 4th, 1st and 2nd seeds in the Midwest bracket.

PilotMan 07-11-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgfan (Post 3290505)
The Final Four is a very FOFC affair with me, Subby, RedKingGold and Butter advancing. Butter's Dayton team has to be the story of the Tournament so far as the 5th seeded Flyers have taken out the 4th, 1st and 2nd seeds in the Midwest bracket.

HEY! They also took out the 12th seed NDSU Bison, who put up a fair fight, and were predicted by some to cause problems (and possibly upset). I DO feel better about not getting steamrolled for sure! Love to the 12 SEED!

dawgfan 07-11-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 3290506)
HEY! They also took out the 12th seed NDSU Bison, who put up a fair fight, and were predicted by some to cause problems (and possibly upset). I DO feel better about not getting steamrolled for sure! Love to the 12 SEED!

Sorry, should have listed that too. I was focused on the upsets of higher seeds, but fair point on NDSU.

Chief Rum 07-11-2020 03:26 PM

Really, only the top seed was an upset because Dayton was actually a two seed.

:p

PilotMan 07-11-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgfan (Post 3290507)
Sorry, should have listed that too. I was focused on the upsets of higher seeds, but fair point on NDSU.

I was just teasing and being silly. We're inconsequential!

Izulde 07-12-2020 08:14 AM

Yeah, Dayton's tournament run has been amazing - especially since there were some who had them pegged to go out in the first round to PM's Bison.

Meanwhile, SSDY for UNLV. Win the first round, fall in the second by single digits.

Quinn Oakley's choker butt and Kendall Houston Jr. both declared for the draft as expected, though KHJ seriously contemplated coming back to get us to the Sweet 16.

Instead, it's going to be a rebuilding year next season - I don't trust Joshua Feaster as the lead point guard and Antwoine Warech is a combo guard. Gabe Klines has been a starter before, but there's no other depth at big man to speak of, as Oakley left and Stanford transfer Dakota Trimble leaves after two seasons as a solid backup.

The only set positions are SG/SF where Tyreek Beans got better as his freshman year went on, Aleem Marshall is our third-best player who finally found his shooting stroke in his junior year, and Troy Reese made strides in his sophomore season.

Thomkal 07-12-2020 08:55 AM

<---schedule's Dayton for next season if its going to be a rebuild :)

Butter 07-12-2020 07:55 PM

Not a rebuild. Sorry!

We need to get a shooting guard in for one senior, but otherwise will be able to hopefully just recruit for the best available with interest.

muns 07-13-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3290509)
Really, only the top seed was an upset because Dayton was actually a two seed.

:p

I'd be willing to say Dayton was under seeded, but they weren't a 2 seed resume wise. Butter did a hell of a job with them and had them peeking at the right time.

NoSkillz 07-13-2020 12:14 PM

I just want to reiterate that many on here have said - if you aren't in this league but have been on the fence, join ASAP.

Super deep sim, amazing commish/owner/game designer, equally amazing community of team A.D.'s and a ridiculously vibrant Slack channel.

I took my Buffalo Bulls to the National Tournament after a conference regular season and tournament winning year and then find out after a close first round loss to highly ranked UNLV that my prized freshman has declared for the pro JBL draft! He was one of the top ranked scorers in the nation but FFS...we're Buffalo! Who declares as a freshman out of the MAC? :)

Anyways, I'm taking it as the ultimate compliment that we did something right with the team and the kid.

What a great game. Get in while you can!

Butter 07-13-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muns (Post 3290775)
I'd be willing to say Dayton was under seeded, but they weren't a 2 seed resume wise. Butter did a hell of a job with them and had them peeking at the right time.

Even if we had been a 4 and MSU a 5, it wouldn't have changed anything really.

And I don't think we had the resume to be a 3 at all.

BishopMVP 07-13-2020 10:09 PM

Congrats to Dawgfan on his win, Butter on his Dayton run(and thanks for the PM! ;) ), and every other FOFC'er on our general domination of the AI ;)

jct32 07-14-2020 08:23 AM

I'm the Tulsa team. Anyone want to smack me around in a non-conference game for my first season?

Butter 07-14-2020 10:24 AM

Houston Baptist or Wright State has openings. One of them would play Tulsa or just about anyone else.

jct32 07-14-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 3291152)
Houston Baptist or Wright State has openings. One of them would play Tulsa or just about anyone else.

Thanks! Requests sent!

Izulde 07-14-2020 12:36 PM

Our failure to make the Sweet 16 cost us dearly. Although we increased our prestige, New Mexico (which now has a new AD after the previous one got hired by Virginia) and San Diego State have both now jumped us and are High prestige. So we're now third in the conference prestigewise.

Oakley declared as expected, and after mulling over it, KHJ ultimately declared as well. Great for our future prestige (Oakley is almost certainly a Top 2 pick lock; KHJ expected to go in the first round), but man... it's going to be ugly next season. Huge holes and now behind the 8 ball prestige wise for recruiting.

ntndeacon 07-14-2020 06:34 PM

Wake at least made the Final 4 in the JIT :)

Thomkal 07-14-2020 07:07 PM

Commish has "flipped the switch" to next season, so while he is taking a short "hiatus" while working on recruiting, you can do things like fire your coaches (only time you can fire your head coach), put in requests for your out of conference games, and you can see what tournament you are in and who you will play in your rivalry game. Prestige for some teams has changed, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting.

RedKingGold 07-14-2020 07:54 PM

It’s fun to read back in this thread and see how many people are now in the Slack channel and hooked to the crackpipe.

skrath 07-14-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedKingGold (Post 3291304)
It’s fun to read back in this thread and see how many people are now in the Slack channel and hooked to the crackpipe.

202 (56.4%) teams are human controlled :D

Chief Rum 07-14-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3291285)
Commish has "flipped the switch" to next season, so while he is taking a short "hiatus" while working on recruiting, you can do things like fire your coaches (only time you can fire your head coach), put in requests for your out of conference games, and you can see what tournament you are in and who you will play in your rivalry game. Prestige for some teams has changed, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting.

Transfers probably gonna happen, too, I think.

tarcone 07-15-2020 06:27 AM

Okay, I am back up and running and have time tonight. I will get back into page and learnt the game.

BishopMVP 07-15-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3291285)

Oh I'm pretty sure you can always fire your head coach. Even if skrath thinks he's turned that button off someone will click it enough to find a way :lol:

Thomkal 07-15-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3291441)
Oh I'm pretty sure you can always fire your head coach. Even if skrath thinks he's turned that button off someone will click it enough to find a way :lol:

Hehe, likely true.

Butter 07-18-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarcone (Post 3291391)
Okay, I am back up and running and have time tonight. I will get back into page and learnt the game.

Still on board? We're eagerly awaiting your arrival... about to start some recruiting trials, so a great time to get in there.

PilotMan 07-18-2020 04:17 PM

yeah tarcone, you need to claim your stake in those nasty Billikens. This is a great time to get acquainted with your team.

PilotMan 08-04-2020 10:21 AM

Gonna bump this again as we've had our break and coach hiring has started. Off season in full effect, great time to get in.

weegeebored 08-04-2020 06:17 PM

To add to what PM posted, there are three above average prestige teams now available: Temple, Butler, Florida State. The others available would be Average prestige and below, but there a plenty of those for the taking. Come join the frustration..er..fun! :D

CraigSca 08-04-2020 08:28 PM

I had to drop due to lack of free time, but I highly recommend this. Very well put together and very active ownership. You cannot go wrong.

ntndeacon 08-05-2020 04:02 PM

Someone is trying to steal my Samford coach! Boo-urns to them!

Thomkal 08-07-2020 10:32 AM

Just a reminder that the Transfer stage has started. It's a bit different this season-for the 1st stage you can only respond to your players who are on the transfer list right now-you might be able to convince them to stay. Then we move on to the regular transfer stages after that.

britrock88 08-18-2020 11:28 AM

Had a pretty good brain fart by forgetting that recruiting doesn't lag by a year (and overinvesting in the transfer pool as a result). Not that it's a huge deal to only have 1 scholarship with a high-major bottom-feeder like Mississippi State.

skrath 08-26-2020 07:33 PM

Getting very close to the end of the new recruiting module development. Doing a full run-through of recruiting and then we'll be starting the real thing next week! If you haven't yet, please jump in and test as there are several important new features (calling players, conditional scholarships and much more) to get some experience with.

Thomkal 09-04-2020 03:55 PM

Just in case you haven't been checking in regularly. the newfangled recruting system starts tonight (for real!). First stage is more scouting then later stages visits and scholarship offer. Things have changed a bit since last season. There is a FAQ somewhere on the site if you need help/have questions.

kingfc22 09-04-2020 06:31 PM

Get in now. You won’t regret it.

BishopMVP 09-06-2020 06:00 PM

Yep, loving the new recruiting. Adds much more personality to the players, and the fog of war mechanic that shows where you are in relation to other schools but doesn't reveal them yet is a great compromise. Phases 3-5 are gonna be an absolute bloodbath with broken hearts everywhere... we'll all have our version of Kobe Thomas soon ;)

PilotMan 09-07-2020 05:17 PM

The work that has been put into this game is incredible. Any sim sports nerd should be checking this out.

Izulde 09-07-2020 07:31 PM

New recruiting overhaul is great, and that's with my favorite tactic (the mega pitch giant bag o'money) kicked to the wayside for now. Way better than old recruiting.

Thomkal 09-07-2020 07:45 PM

Phase 2 of recruiting has started and will last about 2 days. Tissues are available at the door.

RedKingGold 09-08-2020 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopMVP (Post 3300019)
... we'll all have our version of Kobe Thomas soon ;)

Fuck that guy.

BishopMVP 09-08-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 3300151)
Phase 2 of recruiting has started and will last about 2 days. Tissues are available at the door.

No tissues yet, that won't be until the end of 3/4 - now's the time to get hopes up!

Still sitting top 3 on #16 Sean Dunham, just ahead of ntndeacon's Wake. Good chance it's Duke & UNC that are in the 1/2 spots but haven't offered campus visits yet, though Guard is the only position Duke has anybody returning at & UNC might just run the offense through Damani Snyder who they're leading on. Plus wow just saw Duke gave one of its first 3 visits to 4* PG stud Trent Britt - we're all rooting for ya there Radii!

2nd on 4* Buovac, again to Unknown team, hoping he's a fall back option for a big program I can steal first.

Likely gonna cut bait on 5* Garrick Pope, though we'll see how the landscape looks after I get L5 scouts & calls/campus visit offers for the other options. A couple guys I really like aren't looking to commit until Late so maybe I'll take my long shot on Pope then pivot immediately to them since the scholarship would open up at the start of round 5 before they enter deciding.

Groundhog 09-08-2020 06:28 PM

Utah had more 5 star guys with above average interest in us than in previous years and so we aimed higher than usual. Too high probably! Technically we are still in with a shot at a couple of 5 star dudes, but in reality I think we'll miss out and end up with a decent 4 star guy at PG and then go dumpster diving for a swingman.

PilotMan 10-01-2020 09:24 AM

Gonna bump this back to the top and say that if you love very high level games like OOTP, FM, FOF, and love a fantastic real world set up with some insane, as in, some of the very best gaming of ANY sports sim, then this is the thing for you.

I am so addicted to this right now that nearly all other gaming has ceased and I don't even like basketball that much. As a game goes, it's top tier, bar none. While top tier college programs are mostly filled, there are a few here and there, like Western KY, who have just had their AD's leave and they left strong programs.

It's not easy, it's rough, and the nightly excitement for games is palpable. The game is still in beta, but it's like beta on crack. New features and tests are rolled out. The new recruiting system is crazy. It's hard to believe that one man has programmed all this.

The pro game lets college guys move on, and it more seasoned. There is progress being made on new Euro leagues which will open up even more opportunity for players and GM/AD's alike. With over 100 human manager, multiple weekly podcasts, it is like nothing else we've seen in here, ever.

Thomkal 10-01-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 3303984)
Gonna bump this back to the top and say that if you love very high level games like OOTP, FM, FOF, and love a fantastic real world set up with some insane, as in, some of the very best gaming of ANY sports sim, then this is the thing for you.

I am so addicted to this right now that nearly all other gaming has ceased and I don't even like basketball that much. As a game goes, it's top tier, bar none. While top tier college programs are mostly filled, there are a few here and there, like Western KY, who have just had their AD's leave and they left strong programs.

It's not easy, it's rough, and the nightly excitement for games is palpable. The game is still in beta, but it's like beta on crack. New features and tests are rolled out. The new recruiting system is crazy. It's hard to believe that one man has programmed all this.

The pro game lets college guys move on, and it more seasoned. There is progress being made on new Euro leagues which will open up even more opportunity for players and GM/AD's alike. With over 100 human manager, multiple weekly podcasts, it is like nothing else we've seen in here, ever.

Like PM I'm more of a casual basketball fan. I don't know that much about offensive/defensive setups, skills to look for in recruits/players, etc. Most of the settings have default settings that you can leave as is, or play with a little to see what they do to your team or micromanage as much as you want if you know everything to know about basketball. Something for everybody.

Sadly though its going to make enemies out of each other here. Take for instance, PilotMan here who's George Mason just beat my Coastal Carolina. I now must hate him. :devil:

Izulde 10-01-2020 03:01 PM

Rough start for UNLV this year. 0-3. UW-Green Bay, who I took over this offseason and is supposed to be way worse, had almost as good a recruiting class despite bringing in a completely new coaching staff and system, and is 1-2 on the year.

ntndeacon 10-02-2020 09:36 AM

Samford had gone to the crap house and sits 0-4 after killing it last year in the Southern, and bringing everyone back. Wake looks better but sits at 2-2 but the losses are bothe to top 25 teams.(Iowa St. and Purdue) Cal St. Northridge is 2-1 .

PilotMan 10-02-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 3304259)
Samford had gone to the crap house and sits 0-4 after killing it last year in the Southern, and bringing everyone back. Wake looks better but sits at 2-2 but the losses are bothe to top 25 teams.(Iowa St. and Purdue) Cal St. Northridge is 2-1 .

And you've got my NKU and NDSU teams left to play for Samford as well. We need those W's now. A loss to an 0-4 team won't go over well with the selection committee.

skrath 11-16-2020 07:41 PM

We've reached the end of the 2030 season - well done to RedKingGold who led Villanova to the title over Colorado.

As it's now the offseason and we have a week or so break of no activity, it's a perfect time to jump in and get acclimatised before recruiting starts. While we have over 200 human controlled teams, some bigger name programs like San Diego State, Oklahoma, Western Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Florida State are available.

Hit me up if you're interested!

Thomkal 11-16-2020 07:56 PM

Congrats again RKG! This really is the best time in the season to join the sim, so don't be shy. Pretty soon you'll want a second team. A few of us crazies joined the Wacky WAC with their second or third team, so we could revisit our FOBL days. Plenty of other conferences out there with FoXL'ers in them, so you won't feel alone if you join now.

Thomkal 11-17-2020 07:55 PM

Early Season Tournaments and Conference challenge games are available to look at now and Out of Conference scheduling has started and games going quickly, so check in and check them out!