Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

KWhit 07-11-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1776696)
I've been keeping my eye on the Danny and Purdue Brad situation regarding their claims after mine from a few days before...

I got complete information on what my secret role was last night finally in PM... I'm interested in hearing if the same is true for Danny and PB.

I'm very interested in that as well.

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1776697)
Just be careful about that thinking with Schmidty. I think spawn can have multiple attacks per night. It's possible that there was both a conversion attempt and a night kill last night.

In fact, I think that's likely. Why would the spawn waste their last night to attempt a conversion? (assuming we lift off today)....

I agree, that is what I was trying to say in an earlier post... Schmidty is way down the list of people I'd look at but I'd have him just a notch down from Hoops's group list is all.. I have Schmidty, marc Vaughn both in the same category right now.

path12 07-11-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1776574)
Well, never mind my suggestion to scan mickey c, path.

That's OK -- I missed your suggestion! I guess that either collins as a trainer or MV would have been the prime targets last night.

hoopsguy 07-11-2008 10:21 AM

Expanding on this a bit - if I'm a seer, I see my job as getting one wolf. I'm likely to be traded in the process, but I've done my job if I can deliver that. If I'm able to get a wolf + create a COT, then that is just gravy.

If Marc was Spawn, survived an empath scan, and takes out Path in the process? Thanks for playing, Path. Good game. See you next time.

If Marc is good, but Path is bad? Well, we absolutely need that info as early as possible. In that case, thanks for playing, Marc. Glad you got promoted and fulfilled the primary seer objective. See you next time (hopefully before Spawn IV).

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1776703)
Expanding on this a bit - if I'm a seer, I see my job as getting one wolf. I'm likely to be traded in the process, but I've done my job if I can deliver that. If I'm able to get a wolf + create a COT, then that is just gravy.

If Marc was Spawn, survived an empath scan, and takes out Path in the process? Thanks for playing, Path. Good game. See you next time.

If Marc is good, but Path is bad? Well, we absolutely need that info as early as possible. In that case, thanks for playing, Marc. Glad you got promoted and fulfilled the primary seer objective. See you next time (hopefully before Spawn IV).

Agreed

path12 07-11-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1776604)
I think Crys for sure. I'd like to see us lift off with a buffer of 10.

I don't know how vital the water is to actually go get (at the risk of infection). We're 5 repair units from fixing it, and we have 6 units both during the day today and tonight.

As exhausted as you guys are it might take some extra. There's got to be some failures coming at some point considering it's been two-three day and nights straight for some of you.

saldana 07-11-2008 10:23 AM

away team order submitted

do we have to vote for liftoff?

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1776706)
away team order submitted

do we have to vote for liftoff?

No, it is one of my action abilities.

hoopsguy 07-11-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1776697)
Just be careful about that thinking with Schmidty. I think spawn can have multiple attacks per night. It's possible that there was both a conversion attempt and a night kill last night.

In fact, I think that's likely. Why would the spawn waste their last night to attempt a conversion? (assuming we lift off today)....

Yep, we were both outside. There is some risk there. But the spawn success rate goes up with numbers, so that is where the loss of Telle would have hurt them. Also, they might not be able to fully coordinate with some of the conversion people, depending on how many Spawn there are (Council is 3 oldest, with up to 3 PMs to each other).

path12 07-11-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1776614)
Marc Vaughn and Path, we need to figure out a way to do scans and get alot of this funny business behind us... Marc since you don't have any empath scans left, you're full time doctor now..

I think best thing would be to have you two scan each other.. If one happens to be a spawn, then well Path said he was ready to find spawns now..

This also helps if they tried to plant a spawnling in Marc last night.. and helps us solidify our CoT..

It only is bad if BOTH of you are spawn already which I think is very low probability

I'll scan Marc first -- it's the move that makes the most sense since I've been in the brig. If all goes well then he can scan me.

Barkeep49 07-11-2008 10:27 AM

Saldana and his somewhat intrepid band of slaves go out for another mining mission.

The Jackal 07-11-2008 10:28 AM

Nicely done, sorry for missing the vote. I did win the poker game on a 5/6 clubs in a three-way hand, though. :)

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:29 AM

By the way, I feel pretty good likelihood that both scans will turn up as good, or worst case, Path will find a spawnling in Marc..

Chubby pushed too hard for a vote against marc yesterday and only backed off once he got enough flak from everyone to scan Marc.. I don't see the way that move occured being a spawn trying to build trust for another spawn.. once Chubby said his empath scan of marc was true, it meant to me that either Chubby and Marc both were good empaths, or Chubby was bad and faked the scan but Marc was still good.

For Path, it still is kind of metagaming reasons, but I don't think the initial doctor starts off as a spawn.. that is pretty rough.. but on top of that, I feel very strong possibility that nothing bad has happened to kwhit since he's been in the brig with Path, and I know nothing has happened to me..

So I think there is a high probability both are good, but this is one of those things that has to be found out now for obvious reasons.

jeheinz72 07-11-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 1776713)
Nicely done, sorry for missing the vote. I did win the poker game on a 5/6 clubs in a three-way hand, though. :)

Suited connectors, nice. Though I'd hope you had the chip lead when you did that.

Barkeep49 07-11-2008 10:30 AM

When the away team comes back you discover you have 18 more units of Crystillium than you had before.

Barkeep49 07-11-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1776717)
Suited connectors, nice. Though I'd hope you had the chip lead when you did that.

And I hope he was the one who made the first all-in.

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:31 AM

I IMMEDIATELY ORDER LIFT OFF

hoopsguy 07-11-2008 10:33 AM

Hand history, please.

Also, once we are done with our reviews of the play Lathum can come in and tell us that we all suck at poker :)

saldana 07-11-2008 10:33 AM

nice, lets get the hell out of here

kill the slaves.

hoopsguy 07-11-2008 10:33 AM

A hearty round of golf claps for our Captain's lift off decision.

path12 07-11-2008 10:34 AM

Good job, Sal. I've placed the order for the scan, BTW.

jeheinz72 07-11-2008 10:37 AM

Nice, once BK confirms we've lifted off, I'll get to work on water.

hoopsguy 07-11-2008 10:37 AM

Cool, hoping that the results come up quickly enough for me to factor into a vote today.

Passacaglia 07-11-2008 10:39 AM

Do we still need engineers after lift off?

path12 07-11-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1776732)

As long as we've got broken shit, we need engineers, IMO.

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Yes, we need to have the water pump fixed, would be nice to have some more beds fixed.. but also just in case more damage is done to water pumps later would be good to have some to fix it if needed. (or cargo hold damage once in space)

hoopsguy 07-11-2008 10:40 AM

Er, I don't think the Spawn stuff makes a difference on the vote other than trying to discern intent on Mccollins.

jeheinz72 07-11-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Some, yes.

All 5 of us, likely no, even I'll admit that.

PackerFanatic 07-11-2008 10:42 AM

Hooray for liftoff! Nice job on the mining mission, sal.

Tyrith 07-11-2008 10:45 AM

Aaaand we're boned.

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1776742)
Aaaand we're boned.

huh?

saldana 07-11-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Aaaand we're boned.

what are you talking about?

LoneStarGirl 07-11-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1776670)
As a general note, I thought that the high impact conversion targets for yesteday would have been me or Schmidty. I was packing heat, but exhausted, while Schmidty was rested and weaponless (pretty sure that was the case).

The fact that we had a kill leads me to believe that we are both cool this morning. I know I didn't have anything remotely interesting in my PM, so I'm operating 100% with the idea I'm still good. I'll also leave Schmidty in the "pretty trusted" category along with our guys that hung out in the Brig.

So, here is an updated trust list, in rough order:
Trust (with reason): self, Alan, KWhit, RendeR, Path, Schmidty
Semi-trust (by gut): Tyrith, Marc Vaughn
Neutral, but willing to work upwards: Danny, Chubby
Semi-distrust (by virtue of 3-4 away missions): Saldana
Distrust (by gut): Heinz
Distrust (by bad results): LSG

I am distrusted because I went on a mission with you and we came back with little to show for it? Makes sense

Barkeep49 07-11-2008 10:49 AM

The ship lifts-off. But just as landing on the planet was difficult, so too is taking off. The engines seem to strain to get enough power to lift the massive ship off the ground. Finally the ship breaks through the atmosphere, and into space, accompanied by klaxons blaring from about every control panel possible. Engineers stop what they are doing to update the status of the various compartments. And what they find, does not reassure the crew.

Room Reports
Engine Room – Operational (Undamaged)
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Damaged 3 cycles to repair (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 23 units (Enough reserves for for just barely over 1 day at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 95 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Damaged 3 cycles to repair
Brig -
Weapons Locker – 3 unspent phasers (2 spent)

Slave Pens – Damaged 2 cycles to repair
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 23 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 0 people to sleep)

Note that repairs in progress are not factored into this damage status.

PackerFanatic 07-11-2008 10:51 AM

The pens have to be undamaged in order to kill all, right? Or do they just need to be in there? I would highly suggest if we do it now, kill the slaves to avoid further damage ATM.

Tyrith 07-11-2008 10:51 AM

BTW BK had made a post and deleted it, hence my comment.

Barkeep49 07-11-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Aaaand we're boned.

I had the lift-off post up for about 30 seconds when I accidentally hit submit without having the damage report in there. I deleted the post, but Tyrith saw it before I had deleted it.

Tyrith 07-11-2008 10:52 AM

Probably should have killed the slaves before we left the ground :P

hoopsguy 07-11-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1776745)
I am distrusted because I went on a mission with you and we came back with little to show for it? Makes sense

Sure, two people went on a planned mission. One of them is proven to be good (me) the other is not (you). The results were really, really, bad ... worse than those produced by the mission led by a known spawn.

Now I'm sure that there is a random element to the results - so I'm not considering this any kind of a hanging offense, but it is enough to ask questions.

PackerFanatic 07-11-2008 10:53 AM

And unless anyone else has something for us to do, LSG and I should probably research today so we can get those phasers fixed.

Barkeep49 07-11-2008 10:54 AM

"Dr. Vaughan I would appreciate the courtesy of submitting to an examination before you begin your duties," Dr. 12 says. After a suitable time later the two men can be seen conducting routine duties in the infirmary.

Passacaglia 07-11-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1776747)
accompanied by klaxons blaring from about every control panel possible.

Sorry if my blaring the Klaxons if it distracted anyone. But come on, "Myths of the Near Future" is such a good album, it was worth it!

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:57 AM

How many engineers are left available today? Jeheinz waited, anyone else?

Need to fix the 2 damage on the slave pen right now. I went through a bunch of PMs with BK regarding the slaves being killed.. I couldn't kill them and lift off on the same day, I couldn't kill them at night while in the brig, etc..

The slaves won't necessarily escape if there is damage. There is only a chance they will.. so we can hope that they don't escape and riot this time and I'll kill them tonight. (I can't kill them today on the same day as a lift off)

Alan T 07-11-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1776763)

Need to fix the 2 damage on the slave pen right now. I went through a bunch of PMs with BK regarding the slaves being killed.. I couldn't kill them and lift off on the same day, I couldn't kill them at night while in the brig, etc..

The slaves won't necessarily escape if there is damage. There is only a chance they will.. so we can hope that they don't escape and riot this time and I'll kill them tonight. (I can't kill them today on the same day as a lift off)

Dola.. if only jeheinz is available then its worthless for him to work on the slave pens today as he won't be enough to fix them anyways..

If we have 2 engineers left, fix the pens to prevent a riot if only 1, then fix something else and we'll have to take the chance they won't riot.

Surely we won't get bad luck there two times..

saldana 07-11-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1776763)

i wonder if having me guard the pens will keep them inside?

PackerFanatic 07-11-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1776765)
Surely we won't get bad luck there two times..

Knock on wood!!!

Alan T 07-11-2008 11:01 AM

I'm posting alot without fully thinking through my thoughts because I'm about to leave for most of the rest of the day..

Seems like if only jeheinz is left, he should start on the cargo hold to have it fixed over night so we have water for tommorrow and then we can finish the water pump.. We need to have the cargo hold fixed so crystlium doesn't leak out...

Also no phaser fixing yet until cargo hold is fixed.. we may need all of that crystlium if we can't get the cargo hold fixed in time.

Passacaglia 07-11-2008 11:01 AM

I guess we do need the brig. Any ETA on when it will be fixed? I'm cool with making it a low priority.

jeheinz72 07-11-2008 11:01 AM

Well, looks like I"m not that foolish for waiting on my order to repair the water...

We've got 5 units headed already to water (assuming no fakies). So I can either

A) Finish off the water repairs
B) Get us nearly done on the slave pens (1 left then)
C) Get us to two left on the Cargo Hold or Security HQ

Thoughts?

Passacaglia 07-11-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1776770)
I guess we do need the brig. Any ETA on when it will be fixed? I'm cool with making it a low priority.

I meant, I guess we do need the ENGINEERS.