Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW CXLI - The Legend Of Zelda The Village Wins (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=82623)

Zinto 10-27-2011 01:50 AM

WW CXLI - The Legend Of Zelda The Village Wins

The land of Hyrule is headed for dark times as Ganon has come from the dark realm once again to try and take over the land. Disguised as Ganondorf, king of the Gerudos he has gained access to the King in an attempt to feign peace and search for the key to his success the Triforce.

In order to take over Hyrule, Ganon knows that he must collect the three pieces of Triforce made by the goddesses who shaped the land. Power, wisdom, and courage and then the world will be conquered by him.

Only Link and Zelda can hope to save Hyrule but they will need help from the villagers of all races to help them see through Ganon's trickery.

Basic Werewolf Rules:
1. No editing of posts
2. No quoting of private messages
3. No discussion of the game outside of the thread

Voting:
To vote for someone bold your vote and put it into a separate line

Vote Zinto

To change your vote simply post an unvote and a new vote

Unvote Zinto
Vote Zinito

You may vote nightfall but once you do you can not change it

Vote Nightfall

You may vote No Lynch

Vote No Lynch

Deadlines:
Lynch:10 PM
Nigh Deadline:2 AM
No votes marked 10:01 will be accepted

Good guys:
Link(The Martyr)- The hero of our story. He has reappeared time after time to stop Gannon each time he threatens Hyrule. Though inexperienced to begin his courage and will power have led him to victory every time he has been reincarnated.

Zelda(The Seer)- The princess of Hyrule. She has gone from damsel in distress to one of the most helpful people in Link's quest. She is the wisest of all the royalty in Hyrule and the only one who can see through Ganon's disguise.

The Citizens of Hyrule(The Village)- You maybe more concerned with games, horse riding, and a mysterious youth who keeps smashing your pots then the future of Hyrule but today your kingdom needs you will you be able to answer the call?

Bad Guys:
Ganondorf- The pig beast is a powerful sorcerer from the Dark World. He has the ability to shape shift and is currently disguised as the first male Gerudo in 100 years destined to be their king.

Gohma- One of Ganondorf's many minions. A giant arthropod with one eye.

Victory Conditions:
Good Guys win when all baddies have been eliminated.

Baddies win when they achieve a 1 to 1 ratio with the village.

Order of Night Actions:
1. Lynch
2. Night Actions that are not the kill
3. Night Kill
4. Item Pass

List of the Awesome People Playing:

1.Mauboy-Martyred Night Two(Link)
2.CrimsonFox
3.Autumn-Lynched Day One(Gohma)
4.Tyrith
5.The Jackal
6.Danny
7.Chubby-Lynched Day Two(Villager)
8.Raiders Army
9.Narcizo-Night Killed Night One(Villager)

Narcizo 10-27-2011 02:13 AM

Vote the guy who was saying "Well eeexcuuuuuse me Princess" all the frigging time in that YouTube clip

CrimsonFox 10-27-2011 02:20 AM

Steve Martin?

Zinto 10-27-2011 02:31 AM

I am glad I accidentally deleted my rules and had to do that from memory so we shall see if I did not forget anything.

Zinto 10-27-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 2556514)
Vote the guy who was saying "Well eeexcuuuuuse me Princess" all the frigging time in that YouTube clip

Just so everyone knows what this means:

mauchow 10-27-2011 07:52 AM

in

CrimsonFox 10-27-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2556536)
in

But mau! It's Dangerous To Go Alone!

In :D

Autumn 10-27-2011 08:30 AM

Looks like fun. I'm in. I only played the original one so I will be imagining you all in 8-bit glory.

hoopsguy 10-27-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2556519)
Just so everyone knows what this means:

I want that 1:49 of my life back.

Tyrith 10-27-2011 09:59 AM

I'll play. I may not be super active on some days next week - I'm off work, so I won't be at a computer all day.

The Jackal 10-27-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2556548)
I want that 1:49 of my life back.

You really watched the whole video? I got tired of it after about the fifth time he said it.

hoopsguy 10-27-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2556592)
You really watched the whole video? I got tired of it after about the fifth time he said it.

It was the "car wreck" phenomenon ... I wanted to look away, but for whatever reason I didn't.

CrimsonFox 10-27-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2556601)
It was the "car wreck" phenomenon ... I wanted to look away, but for whatever reason I didn't.

Here ya go, Hoops.

Autumn 10-27-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2556601)

You guys apparently don't know the Golden Rule of Werewolf - never click on a video CF posts.

The Jackal 10-27-2011 10:52 AM

You're a weird cat, CF. I like it.

And I'll join up for this game, I didn't get that job so I still have free time in my days.

Autumn 10-27-2011 11:20 AM

Maybe CF could run a game where he posts videos and we vote on which ones to lynch.

Chief Rum 10-27-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2556677)
Maybe CF could run a game where he posts videos and we vote on which ones to lynch.

In that case, can't we just go straight to voting CF for lynching?

Narcizo 10-27-2011 12:50 PM

In

CrimsonFox 10-27-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2556654)
You're a weird cat, CF. I like it.

And I'll join up for this game, I didn't get that job so I still have free time in my days.

Isn't that mesmerizing? People kept posting it when I was a forum moderator. As it is just a closed circuit there were various lengths of it. There's even a 10 hour version :).

It's a real polish song by a quartet of singers "animated with one of the (busty) characters from the anime "Bleach".

And hooray about the job, now you can play WW! I still think hoops should give me his job.

CrimsonFox 10-27-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2556677)

I could just do that as a dynasty! :)

Danny 10-27-2011 05:25 PM

ill play

Chief Rum 10-27-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2556848)
And hooray about the job, now you can play WW! I still think hoops should give me his job.

Heh... yeah, 'cuz not getting a job is a "hooray" moment, lol. :)

CrimsonFox 10-27-2011 05:36 PM

Oh so contigency scan orders are worthless then...
So if my scan order is: Danny/Jackal and Danny gets NKed then my scan choice was still Danny. right?

Also will we know what the named characcters do before the game starts or is that hidden? (although I can kinda guess the good guys)

And all the vanillas are actually bodyguard dukes right?

Zinto 10-27-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2556870)
Oh so contigency scan orders are worthless then...
So if my scan order is: Danny/Jackal and Danny gets NKed then my scan choice was still Danny. right?

Also will we know what the named characcters do before the game starts or is that hidden? (although I can kinda guess the good guys)

And all the vanillas are actually bodyguard dukes right?

Is the contingency scan order common in these games because if that is more the norm then I will put it in the game.

You will not know the bad guys(they will be random bosses from the games) and depending on how many players we have then there will be a couple villagers with powers with generic names like Mayor or Judge and I will change the rules if they are inserted into the game.

Zinto 10-27-2011 06:52 PM

I am planning on sending out roles on Sunday night with the first deadline Monday. Depending on how may people join I might make this a more basic werewolf game.

Autumn 10-27-2011 06:55 PM

I'm not sure where CF saw anything about contingency orders, but I think conditional orders are up to you. I would tend to use conditional orders for games with one deadline, so yo'ure not scanning someone who was lynched. But with a four hour later night deadline, I don't think you necessarily need them.

CrimsonFox 10-27-2011 08:11 PM

I said that becvause of THIS:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2556508)
Order of Night Actions:
1. Lynch
2. Night Actions that are not the kill
3. Night Kill
4. Item Pass

Thus scans happen BEFORE kills so it's very easy to waste a scan.
I think typically games have the NKs first and thus use the backup as the scan. Although I could be mistaken. There really isn't a "usually" anymore :) It's whatever you wanna do.

Autumn 10-27-2011 08:15 PM

I think it's usual to do kills last. That's what I've always considered "normal" at least. I'll be interested to see what others do.

Narcizo 10-28-2011 12:42 AM

Sorry Zinto - I've looked at my schedule next week and there's no way I can play - you'll have to pull me from the game.

Danny 10-28-2011 03:49 AM

yep, kills typically happen last

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 09:10 AM

Was Listening to: Pristina, feat Annabel Adams, Can You Hear Us?

Now Listening To: Erasure, Take a Chance on Me

Next in Random Queue: Deep Forest, Sweet Lullaby

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 09:10 AM

This stuff will not end, because I was killed poorly. It is my vengeance! :)

Autumn 10-28-2011 09:18 AM

How many days do we have to keep you alive before you stop? Because I'm willing to make this deal.

CrimsonFox 10-28-2011 10:21 AM

Abe HAS to join the game now! And I'm in on this deal! :)

CrimsonFox 10-28-2011 10:22 AM

I'll even stop posting movies.

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 10:24 AM

I would just like to point out that lynching a guy day one under these circumstances is weak strategy:

1). 50/50 chance of any villager having a role
2). They post saying they are heading out for a dinner with friends for at last most of the night a few hours before deadline, and all of the movement comes afterwards, leaving little chance for a reveal.

Sad sad sad

CrimsonFox 10-28-2011 10:25 AM

You haven't been around lately but both of those things usually guarantee your lynching nowadays because no one believes anything anyone with the rash of fake reveals and wolves using real life as a reason they do ANYTHING. It's a new era. :)

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 10:27 AM

Was Listening to: Pet Shop Boys, Integral

Now Listening to: Morcheeba, Wonders Never Cease

Next in Queue: Roxette, The Look

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2556962)
I said that becvause of THIS:

Thus scans happen BEFORE kills so it's very easy to waste a scan.
I think typically games have the NKs first and thus use the backup as the scan. Although I could be mistaken. There really isn't a "usually" anymore :) It's whatever you wanna do.

I do kills after scans, blocks, making items, interdictions, soothsaying, crazy granny and stuff.

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 10:36 AM

The real question is whether to do scans pre- or post- conversion. I love conversion as a mechanic as long as you tell people it can happen in the opening rules. I've used it in Fightin' Fundies vs Them Gays, Red Death, Mine Wars, and more. But the real question is what to do when someone seers a person who is also targeted by a conversion. Who goes first, and in what order? Rough question, because either answer screws a side.

Do the wolves want to convert only to find that their precious conversion is outed before they can do anything?

Do the villagers want to find out that a person scanned by a seer has been a wolf on the same night scanned?

Ick.

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 10:38 AM

Was Listening To: Chicago, Mongonucleosis

Now listening to: Sophie B Hawkins, Damn I wish I Was Your Lover

Next in Random Queue: Duran Duran, Notorius

CrimsonFox 10-28-2011 10:39 AM

Wolves usually have it hard enough I think. I'd give it to the wolves and let the village know ahead of time that's the order. That way they can argue about that possibility ad nauseum.

CrimsonFox 10-28-2011 10:43 AM

And this is good to know that's how it usually works. I never really thought much about it as I don't think it's ever come up except for Narcizo scanning people and then going to bed and they reveal. ;)

J23 10-28-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2557287)
This stuff will not end, because I was killed poorly. It is my vengeance! :)

I'm tempted to sign up for the game to simply vote you for this, even if I don't have time to actively participate. :)

Abe Sargent 10-28-2011 12:17 PM

I haven't signed up, so HA! ;)

CrimsonFox 10-28-2011 12:24 PM

danny,m can you set something up to keep people from posting anything but the word "in"?
and once they do that THEN they can yammer? :)

Zinto 10-28-2011 02:23 PM

Yeah everyone should join!

Zinto 10-28-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 2557205)
Sorry Zinto - I've looked at my schedule next week and there's no way I can play - you'll have to pull me from the game.

No worries Narcizo.