Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

PackerFanatic 07-09-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1773199)
Sounds like the 2 phasers that are "spent" in the weapons locker were one-shot phasers to coordinate with the 2 dead slaves.

Sounds like we only have 3 more "bullets" to kill slaves with besides hoops' 3-shot phaser he has talked about.

Does anyone know if we have access to more 'phasers'? I never watched Star Trek - do these things recharge or something?

(Sorry, can't resist: "DON'T TASE ME BRO!!")

If we are willing to sacrifice a little bit of Crys, LSG and I might be able to recharge them. Granted, we can't do this until the hold is repaired (and I have no idea how much Crys it would take)

path12 07-09-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773193)
Path, scan me please if you don't mind.

You got it, Cap.

Barkeep49 07-09-2008 11:12 AM

Danny is the first to receive ministrations for his wounds from the newly appointed medic, bulletsponge.

KWhit 07-09-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773193)
Path, scan me please if you don't mind.

That worries me.

path12 07-09-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773194)
ha, I love that game. Haven't played in forever though.

But you're saying path that you'd almost rather not scan the people who leave the ship (since they'd presumably have a higher chance of being spawn)

Yeah, harsh as it might be I'd rather them become lynch targets down the road instead of scan targets. I figure that by the results they get we might be able to figure out who gets infected.

Chubby 07-09-2008 11:14 AM

let's see a good scan path :)

Telle 07-09-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1773189)
Sure, I'll get right on that.

Btw, I was informed that I can't take the exact same group as yesterday as before I took two slaves and they're not available today since they're running amuck. So instead I kept it as the same three non-slaves so there are just fewer of us this time.

Barkeep49 07-09-2008 11:16 AM

"Captain Alan if you could please come with me sir," the good doctor path requests. The two men adjourn to the infirmary where an examination is done. A while later the two emerge, the exam done.

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773215)
That worries me.

The reason why was because of my sleeping PM I received last night. I got an odd message that I think is one of two things. It said that I used to trust the crew, but once I landed that started to change... but it wasn't an always thing, but only a sometimes thing.

I asked Barkeep what it meant, and he told me he wasn't going to clarify any further.. so my hunch is that I have a secret ability to be able to detect a spawn the more nights I sleep with them.. but a small part of me is worried that I have a spawnling inside of me. If the latter, then I want to find out now so Path can remove it.. if the former, then now that I have revealed this, I want to be in the brig where 1) I will be with the same people every night and be able to pick up if a spawn is in there somehow and 2) I want to be protected so someone can't kill me because of this ability.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

That worries me.

Ditto, but I'll be curious to hearing the reasoning.

path12 07-09-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

That worries me.

He was going to be in the first three or four scans anyway, so might as well be now. If he turns up bad it seems a weird way to go out this early.

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:18 AM

Plus, even if Path is bad I am not worried about him lying and saying I am bad because as per the rules if I was, he and I would both die... so since I know I am good, I feel pretty confident that Path will announce I am good :)

Telle 07-09-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1773219)
Btw, I was informed that I can't take the exact same group as yesterday as before I took two slaves and they're not available today since they're running amuck. So instead I kept it as the same three non-slaves so there are just fewer of us this time.

Gah.. now I can't take clap either because he's being trained. Any suggestions on who I should take on this dang mission?

hoopsguy 07-09-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1773022)
I spied on Saldana last night, he didn't do anything. I was also attacked by a slave but was able to kill him with my phaser.

Did anyone else get a PM regarding sleeping conditions?

Still catching up now, but I can semi-vouch for this. I spied on Olie and she was spying on someone. I also got word that she was disturbed about something. I was hoping it would be Spawn, not Slave, related.

I picked Olie because she had multiple night action choices and I wanted to make sure she was doing one of those rather than something inconsistent with her public role. I also wanted to trust the person giving out the phasers, given the attack/defense bonus associated with them.

bulletsponge 07-09-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1773212)
Danny is the first to receive ministrations for his wounds from the newly appointed medic, claphamsa.

are you sure that isnt me doing the healing?

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 11:20 AM

So wait, clap is a medic? I thought he was an engineer

KWhit 07-09-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1773229)
Gah.. now I can't take clap either because he's being trained. Any suggestions on who I should take on this dang mission?

Take the scientist you took yesterday and three of the privates.

bulletsponge 07-09-2008 11:21 AM

^^^ he named wrong guy, im healing him

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1773229)

Engineers, Security staff , medical staff and officers are pretty much busy or we don't want them out..

So that leaves you, any privates not busy Marc Vaughn I believe and the two scientist Lonestargirl and packerfanatic I believe

path12 07-09-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773221)
The reason why was because of my sleeping PM I received last night. I got an odd message that I think is one of two things. It said that I used to trust the crew, but once I landed that started to change... but it wasn't an always thing, but only a sometimes thing.

I asked Barkeep what it meant, and he told me he wasn't going to clarify any further.. so my hunch is that I have a secret ability to be able to detect a spawn the more nights I sleep with them.. but a small part of me is worried that I have a spawnling inside of me. If the latter, then I want to find out now so Path can remove it.. if the former, then now that I have revealed this, I want to be in the brig where 1) I will be with the same people every night and be able to pick up if a spawn is in there somehow and 2) I want to be protected so someone can't kill me because of this ability.

I found no indication of Spawn with you, so there is no spawnling and we're both still alive. I wonder if this means Unaware Spawn though, which I don't think I would detect.

PackerFanatic 07-09-2008 11:23 AM

Telle - I would suggest taking LSG as your scientist, as I am wounded and would likely be less effective (and with having less people going anyway, we want as much effectiveness as we can get)

Barkeep49 07-09-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletsponge (Post 1773234)
^^^ he named wrong guy, im healing him

Correct. bullet healed Danny.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 11:23 AM

Path, do you get a nightscan as well or do you have to wait until tomorrow?

PackerFanatic 07-09-2008 11:23 AM

Or take us both, up to you.

Telle 07-09-2008 11:24 AM

Chubby was being trained for something too, right? So the only private I have available is Marc Vaughan?

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773237)
I found no indication of Spawn with you, so there is no spawnling and we're both still alive. I wonder if this means Unaware Spawn though, which I don't think I would detect.

That description doesn't seem to match up with the PM I Got. I believe Unaware spawn knows they are a spawn at night time. My PM only indicated what I tried to paraphrase. Like I said I -think- it leads me to believe that I am "Spawn Aware" but wanted to make sure it wasn't a spawnling.

I already have a list of the 10 people who slept in the same room as me last night in case I am right about that so I can try to keep track of when I get this feeling.

KWhit 07-09-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1773238)
Telle - I would suggest taking LSG as your scientist, as I am wounded and would likely be less effective (and with having less people going anyway, we want as much effectiveness as we can get)

Telle,

I don't think you should take a small group. Max it out at 5 if you can.

path12 07-09-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773240)
Path, do you get a nightscan as well or do you have to wait until tomorrow?

Just one per day. I'm done until tomorrow. If someone wanted to heal me that would be pretty cool, if not I'll just be hanging around.

mccollins 07-09-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773233)
Take the scientist you took yesterday and three of the privates.

Quote:

Privates

Claphamsa - being trained as an engineer
Marc Vaughn
Chubby
bulletsponge - is now a medic and has used his AP healing someone

Are Marc Vaughn and Chubby doing anything?

Chubby 07-09-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1773242)
Chubby was being trained for something too, right? So the only private I have available is Marc Vaughan?

I'm half trained as ensign but I'm not being trained today (as far as I know)

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773245)
Telle,

I don't think you should take a small group. Max it out at 5 if you can.

I don't think we ever got an answer on this:

Barkeep, can the slaves be rounded up, then go on an away mission today? And then later be killed if we so choose?

path12 07-09-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773244)
That description doesn't seem to match up with the PM I Got. I believe Unaware spawn knows they are a spawn at night time. My PM only indicated what I tried to paraphrase. Like I said I -think- it leads me to believe that I am "Spawn Aware" but wanted to make sure it wasn't a spawnling.

I already have a list of the 10 people who slept in the same room as me last night in case I am right about that so I can try to keep track of when I get this feeling.

It was interesting because my scan of KWhit had a phrase that told me he was pure human but I didn't get that with yours -- it may mean nothing (God knows it's easy to read too much into PM's) but combined with your concern I thought I'd at least throw it out there.

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1773248)
I'm half trained as ensign but I'm not being trained today (as far as I know)

Since we were training up Chubby to lead away missions anyways he seems like a decent one to take then today. So if BK gives us the yes answer to my question, you could do an away team of you + Chubby + Marc Vaughn + a scientist + 1 slave once some slaves are herded up.

path12 07-09-2008 11:28 AM

Dola, but I'll also repeat that no indication of Spawn was found with you.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773250)
It was interesting because my scan of KWhit had a phrase that told me he was pure human but I didn't get that with yours -- it may mean nothing (God knows it's easy to read too much into PM's) but combined with your concern I thought I'd at least throw it out there.

Path, for similar reasoning then, please consider scanning me tomorrow. I know as a simple engineer I may not be high on the list but I would be curious to compare the result of me to that of KWhit and Alan T.

path12 07-09-2008 11:29 AM

I should know better than to dola in this game.

Telle 07-09-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773251)
Since we were training up Chubby to lead away missions anyways he seems like a decent one to take then today. So if BK gives us the yes answer to my question, you could do an away team of you + Chubby + Marc Vaughn + a scientist + 1 slave once some slaves are herded up.

Do we want to put two new privates out there if we have more slaves available? Maybe take one of them plus two slaves?

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1773258)
Do we want to put two new privates out there if we have more slaves available? Maybe take one of them plus two slaves?

I'll leave that up to you and Kwhit. I was just tossing it out as a possibility to not be overlooked

path12 07-09-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773255)
Path, for similar reasoning then, please consider scanning me tomorrow. I know as a simple engineer I may not be high on the list but I would be curious to compare the result of me to that of KWhit and Alan T.

Can't promise anything right now. There are definitely roles that I think are more important to clear first -- unless you're saying that you believe you have a spawnling inside you.

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773263)
Can't promise anything right now. There are definitely roles that I think are more important to clear first -- unless you're saying that you believe you have a spawnling inside you.

If he does have a spawnling inside of him, it wouldn't be a great idea to scan him tommorrow as he would be a full spawn by then.

Telle 07-09-2008 11:32 AM

Ok, so I'm going to wait a little bit to see if we get some slaves rounded up and if I can use them once they are, and to see if Chubby is going to be trained today or not.

Right now I'm thinking LoneStarGirl (since PackerFanatic is exhausted) + Marc Vaughan (so Chubby can finish getting trained) + two slaves.

KWhit 07-09-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773255)

What do you mean?

Did you get a strange message last night along the lines of Alan's?

I don't want to be comparing PMs, but did you receive a 'feeling' of some kind that we should know about?

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773263)

No spawnling to the best of my knowledge but I got a similar PM as Alan only with some different information. It didn't dawn on me, until he asked to be scanned, to think that it could be a bad thing. Nothing I read from it indicates that. In fact, it is very vague and indicates very little but nothing dark or dangerous in terms of our mission. So it's your call. That's why I asked about Hoops earlier, was hoping for an interrogation to share info with somebody but I guess this did it.

KWhit 07-09-2008 11:34 AM

Is Chubby getting trained today? I thought he said he was not.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-09-2008 11:34 AM

I guarded Kwhit last night and killed a slave in the process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773018)
Can we get a list going of what all the exhausted people have done?

RendeR
Hoopsguy- guarded (?) sleeping quarters
Tyrith- worked overnight on the HQ
PurdueBrad- worked overnight on the HQ
Danny- worked overnight on the pens
JeHeinz- worked overnight on the pens
Oliegirl- guarded (?) sleeping quarters
Passacaglia- guarded the HQ
Schmidty- guarded the water
Mrs. Schmidty- guarded (?) the sleeping quarters
Packerfanatic
Bulletsponge

I filled in the ones I know. As for the question marks, I simply wasn't sure if that is what their action was. That leaves a couple people unaccounted for that I'm curious about their actions.

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:35 AM

There was a little conversation this morning regarding it, but the more I think about it, the more I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for the duplicant (if we have one) to go ahead and use their ability sooner (ie: today or tommorrow) rather than later...

THe longer we go in this game, if you aren't a cleared/protected person, the chances of you either dying or getting converted increases and we'll lose the ability unused anyways.

We have a ton of stuff that needs to be fixed if you wanted to duplicate a chief engineer or something.. but I still would love to see Path cleared today before we get too far down the rabbit hole. And would love the duplicant to use his ability to scan Path today.

We know Kwhit was guarded last night per MrsSchmidty.. so if Path is ok, then I feel really good about our CoT .. then we just have to keep the brig safe and Security HQ repaired...

I'm not ordering the duplicant to do this or anything, but I would really like you to strongly consider that we will possibly get the most bang for the buck using it today to scan Path

Chubby 07-09-2008 11:35 AM

If I do get sent out it's be swell if I was healed first since I'm wounded from being attacked by a slave last night.

With that I'm off to work. Hopefully we get some luck today.

Barkeep49 07-09-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773249)
I don't think we ever got an answer on this:

Barkeep, can the slaves be rounded up, then go on an away mission today? And then later be killed if we so choose?

Yes

Telle 07-09-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773269)
Is Chubby getting trained today? I thought he said he was not.

RendeR asked about whether or not you can skip a day of training and continue. I don't think a decision was made as to whether or not the training was going to happen.

mccollins 07-09-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1773266)
Ok, so I'm going to wait a little bit to see if we get some slaves rounded up and if I can use them once they are, and to see if Chubby is going to be trained today or not.

Right now I'm thinking LoneStarGirl (since PackerFanatic is exhausted) + Marc Vaughan (so Chubby can finish getting trained) + two slaves.

RendeR used his 1 AP to convert bulletsponge from a Private to a Medic and Chubby will (I suppose) finish his training with RendeR during Day 3.