Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Team Danny (Losing Team 2-3) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=79422)

EagleFan 10-04-2010 06:34 PM

Team Danny (Losing Team 2-3)

This thread is for the members of Team Danny. If you are in the TUF game and your name is not listed below, you have entered the wrong thread.

Team Danny

1) Danny
2) Schmidty
3) Chief Rum
4) DaddyTorgo
5) chesapeake
CPU - Jorge "Divine Wind" Imada
CPU - Tomas "Ironman" Festas
CPU - Tsunemi Uoya

EagleFan 10-05-2010 10:48 PM

Don Spears re-enters the cage. Clearly pleased by the action which the crowd has seen tonight. Looking determined that the FOFC will offer the same kind of excitement to their fans.

"Wow, what a evening of action. That was just two fights but I promise you that we will see much more action like that. We will be featuring our own crop of fighters as we get this federation on its feet. We start with heavyweights with out Ultimate Fighter competition but we will bring you more, as much as you demand."

"Here is what the teams are waiting for. What will your first challenge be?"

He turns towards the screen. On the screen appears to be a sand pit. In the middle of the sand pit are two barrells. One is red, the other blue. As the camera pans out there seems to be a finish line about 50 yards from the barrells. Between the barrells and the finish line are two obstacles. The first is a 10 foot wide well filled with water, the depth cannot be determined. The second is an 8 foot high fence. Above the fence is a bar which leaves about 3 feet of space between the top of the fence and the bar.

Then you can see that sitting on the ground between the two obstacles are several items. There is a rope, a deflated raft, 2 cubes (1 cubic foot), 2 cubes (8 cubic feet), 2 cubes (27 cubic feet) and 2 poles (11 feet long).

"Those barrells weigh 300 pounds each. The first team to get their barrell across the finish line wins. The winning team will select the first matchup of the competition and gain another advantage, which only they will discover."

"Good luck and Game On!!!"

EagleFan 10-05-2010 11:16 PM

Danny,

Your PM box is full. I have an important PM to send you regarding the game

Danny 10-06-2010 12:29 AM

PM box cleared.

Danny 10-06-2010 09:13 AM

I will be at work until close to/ up until deadline, so I will need someone else to take the lead here. EagleFan, I am making Chesapeake honorary captain for today, so take any orders from him as if they were orders from me.

Danny 10-06-2010 09:14 AM

I'll be come for the fight night and fight strategy deadlines.

Danny 10-06-2010 09:16 AM

In regards to how to use me, I will just say that I have a lot of strength, but maybe not so much in speed type things.

DaddyTorgo 10-06-2010 10:26 AM

Hey all - got my bio in

DaddyTorgo 10-06-2010 10:27 AM

Need to read the rules of the game and all to figure out if there's stuff I should or should not disclose in here and what not

chesapeake 10-06-2010 11:30 AM

I'm finally checking in. and reading the challenge.

EagleFan 10-06-2010 11:37 AM

chesapeake is the temporary team leader and will be responsible for PM'ing the strategy for the challenge.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 11:44 AM

First assumption -- the barrel is indestructible. Anyone disagree with that?

Obstacles:
10' wide well of unknown depth.
EF -- What does this mean?
Is there any way to carry the barrel around it, or do we have to go through/over it?

Assets:
6 Cubes 2(1x1x1); 2(2x2x2) and 2(3x3x3)
EF -- are the cubes solid? Would they float in water?
2 11' poles
1 rope
EF -- do we know how long the rope is?
1 deflated raft
Sand

Did I miss anything?

EagleFan 10-06-2010 11:51 AM

Have to go through or over the well.

The cubes are solid, they may float in water.

The rope is long enough for anything that it could be used for in this challenge (how is that for not quite committing :)).

chesapeake 10-06-2010 11:57 AM

Initial thoughts:

Do you think I am right in believing that 2 people can carry the barrel together? We can take turns to remain fresh. An alternative would be to create a litter with the rope and poles.

If the poles are strong enough, we could use them to create a bridge to roll the barrel across the pool. We might ahve to create a column or two of cubes midway through to maintain the strength of the poles.

-- someone gets a pole and figures out the depth of the pool. If it isn't too deep, it might be faster to push the barrel in and roll it along the bottom, lifting it out on the other side. The cubes, assuming they are not buoyant, could help here.

-- Blowing up a raft, especially one that is big enough to hold up 300 pounds, would take forever. The only value I see for the raft is to use as part of a litter for carrying.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 11:58 AM

EF -- any insights on the pole strength? Wood or metal?

EagleFan 10-06-2010 12:08 PM

Metal poles

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 12:24 PM

Can we give instructions right now on testing things? Like can we say, go attempt to check depth of pool with pole--do not drop the pole in the pool, though (we don't want to lose it).

That's an example, but it would also probably be something I would be inclined to do, if chesapeake agrees.

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 12:26 PM

BTW, chesapeake, pool is 10' wide, poles are 11' long.

We could lay the poles next to each other across the pool, and perhaps roll the barrel across on the poles.

Assuming the poles (between the two) can hold 300 lbs. I would imagine they could. DT?

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 12:29 PM

Another thought-- there are two of each of the cubes. So we could build a "stair" on each side of the wall.

At the top of the 27' cubic feet cube, we're 3 feet in the air, and we're all 6' tall. Assuming the cubes can hold the barrell and the weight of the men holding the barrel, we can then get the barrel to the top of the wall (and with the second set of cubes down the other side).

chesapeake 10-06-2010 01:16 PM

CR:

Agreed on the bridge over the pool. I worry that the poles may break, though, so we should consider that we may need a way brace them midway. If the pool is not too deep, maybe we can have a couple of guys brace them.

Agreed also on the steps. I think that would be faster than throwing the rope over the bar and tying it onto the barrel. I don't know that we need to have steps on both sides. Isn't it just as easy to shove it through and have the next twosome pick it up after it hits the ground? I am assuming he barrel is, for all practical purposes, indestructable.

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 01:25 PM

Maybe we should ask if it's indestructable? ;)

Also, long as we're asking TD, what are the dimensions of the barrell? Or can we presume it is small enough to fit through the three foot opening above the wall?

chesapeake 10-06-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2360898)
Maybe we should ask if it's indestructable? ;)

Also, long as we're asking TD, what are the dimensions of the barrell? Or can we presume it is small enough to fit through the three foot opening above the wall?

Both good questions

chesapeake 10-06-2010 02:09 PM

Tentative Plan:

Our tallest guys, npcs Festas and Imada, run to get the poles and rope and brings them to the well. Festas then carefully uses one pole to check the depth of the water. Imada swims to the opposite side of the water and he and Festas set the 11' poles across the well to form a bridge to roll the barrel across. They will hold the poles in place until the barrel gets there.

Meanwhile, Schmidty and npc Uoya go get the barrel and carry it to the pond. They are accompanied by myself and Danny, who will provide any assistance as needed. Once the barrel is at the well, tie the rope around it.

Also meanwhile, CR and DT are responsible for getting the cubes across the water and to the wall. I think you'll have to use both sets of cubes on the same side to ensure that there is enough room for two guys are high enough to lift it up and over. Use two guys as needed to get cubes across the water.

When it is clear that the barrel is going to get to the well safely, Chesapeake swims across the water and takes over securing the far end of the pole bridge from Imada. Danny will be responsible for securing the near end of the pole bridge, taking over for Festas.

If the water is <6 feet:
Our tall guys, Imada and Festas, get in the water and stand under the poles, facing each other in the middle, about 3" apart. Imada, on the far side, braces the poles from underneath. Festas stays low.

Schmidty and Uoya carefully put the barrel on the bridge while Danny secures that end. Once the barrel is on the bridge, Schmidty gets into the water and Uoya takes over for Danny, who is then able to throw the rope we tied around the barrel, to CR. He and DT come to help here -- hoepfully the stairs are set up.

Danny get into the water too. Schmidty and Danny, since they can stand, can help to carefully guide the barrel across while CR pulls on the rope. As the barrel gets close to Imada, Festas stands up and braces the poles from behind the barrel so that Imada can get out of the way.

If the water >6 feet, even Imada and Festas are probably not tall enough to brace the poles, so we try the bridge and hope for the best. Tall guys stay in the water and help to guide the barrel as best they can. Danny and Schmidty swim across to help pull or go prep the stairs as needed.

IF THE BARREL FALLS INTO THE WATER, Chesapeake, CR and DT pull it out of the water using the rope on the far side as our guys in the water help guide it out and lift as they are able.

Once the barrel is on the other side, Chesapeake and DT start carrying it to the wall. Uoya and Schmidty need to swim across to help them as needed.

CR, already on the correct side, makes sure the stairs are ready. Imada and Festas need to get out of the water and rush to the top of the stairs, where they will be ready to receive the barrel from DT and Ches. The 4 of them will lift the barrel and push it over the wall and under the bar.

While they are lifting the barrel, CR and Danny position themselves on the other side of the wall, making sure not to get hit when it falls. When it hits the ground, they pick it up and run for the finish. Uoya and Schmidty should be following them to help as needed.

Thougts? Revisions?

Schmidty 10-06-2010 03:02 PM

Wow, looks good to me. I just glanced at it, but first thought is: Nice job!!

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 03:03 PM

Seems good to me. Couple possible revisions.

1. We might consider moving the barrel from the pit to the well, and from the well to the wall, on the deflated raft. Four guys, one grab each corner. You can just roll the barrel on and off the deflated raft as needed. Easier to grab deflated raft edges than a barrel, which presumeably has rounded edges and isn't as "grippable" as the raft. Plus, four guys carrying a raft displaces the weight easier and so we probably move the barrel faster that wya.

2. If we consider the cubes to steps on one side, we can also use raft on the other side of the wall to catch the barrel. We can send 2-4 guys over the wall first and then toss the raft over, so they can prepare a catch target for the barrel to fall into. Plus, then it's ready to be carried to the finsih line.

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 03:04 PM

We may also want to use the rope to climb down the far side of the wall, since it's possible jumping down from 8' will hurt someone's ankle or leg and cause problems for them in their fight.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 03:17 PM

EF -- would everyone that passes the wall have to climb over it, or just the barrel?

I was thinking it was like the SuperStars and it could be walked around. The barrel has to go over the top, but not the people. If people do have to go over, I agree fully with the rope being used.

I am all for the raft being used to carry it if it is strong enough to hold the weight. Good idea.

I do not agree with a 300 pound barrel being dropped over onto the deflated raft. WAY too heavy.

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesapeake (Post 2361021)
I do not agree with a 300 pound barrel being dropped over onto the deflated raft. WAY too heavy.

What if the barrel isnot indestrucitble, though? Dropping it eight feet to the ground would be bad. Plus, the raft thing, they would be holding it at about 3-4 feet height, so the barrel only drops about 4-5 feet. It's kinda like firefighters catching a jumper or a person trapped in a burning building--only of course it's not that high.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 03:41 PM

I'm willing to try it, although I think the chance of injury is pretty high. I'll be doing the dumping and you will be doing the catching in the current scenario, so it is your risk to take :)

I clear out at about 6, so I will be sending in the orders just before that.

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesapeake (Post 2361044)
I'm willing to try it, although I think the chance of injury is pretty high. I'll be doing the dumping and you will be doing the catching in the current scenario, so it is your risk to take :)

I clear out at about 6, so I will be sending in the orders just before that.

Works for me! Just be sure there are four of us holding that raft out to catch it. Even if it's too heavy to catch, no one will be standing under the raft, so the falling barrel shouldn't hit anyone.

Plus, if a UFC fighter can't get out of the way of a slowly falling barrel he knows is coming, what's he going to do in the octagon against a live opponent? ;)

EagleFan 10-06-2010 04:22 PM

Only way over the wall is to climb. The opening is big enough for the barrel.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 04:53 PM

I'm going to submit this at 6 without objection:

Our tallest guys, npcs Festas and Imada, run to get the POLES and ROPE and brings them to the well. Festas then carefully uses one pole to check the depth of the water. Imada swims to the opposite side of the water and he and Festas set the 11' poles across the well to form a bridge to roll the barrel across. They will hold the poles in place until the barrel gets there.

Meanwhile, Chesapeake runs to get the RAFT and carries it to the barrel. Schmidty, npc Uoya, myself and Danny lay the barrel on the raft. We each pick up a corner and carry it to the well. If the raft tears, Schmidty and Uoya carry it. Once the barrel is at the well, tie the ROPE around it.

Also meanwhile, CR and DT are responsible for getting the cubes across the water and to the wall. They will set up all six as stairs leading up to the gap. Both DT and CR run to the well as soon as the barrell gets there.

When the barrel is at the well, Chesapeake swims across the water with the RAFT and takes over securing the far end of the pole bridge from Imada. Uoya will be responsible for securing the near end of the pole bridge, taking over for Festas.

If the water is <6 feet:
Our tall guys, Imada and Festas, get in the water and stand under the poles, facing each other in the middle, about 3" apart. Imada, on the far side, braces the poles from underneath. Festas stays low.

Make sure the rope on the barel is secure. Schmidty and Danny carefully put the barrel on the bridge while Uoya secures that end. Once the barrel is on the bridge, Schmidty gets into the water. Danny throws the rope we tied around the barrel, to CR.

Danny gets into the water too. Schmidty and Danny, since they can stand, can help to carefully guide the barrel across while CR and DT pull on the rope. As the barrel gets close to Imada, Festas stands up and braces the poles from behind the barrel so that Imada can get out of the way.

If the water >6 feet:

Even Imada and Festas are probably not tall enough to brace the poles, so we try the bridge and hope for the best. Tall guys stay in the water and help to guide the barrel as best they can. Danny and Schmidty swim across to help pull or go prep the stairs as needed. Otherwise, it all goes as stated earlier.

IF THE BARREL FALLS INTO THE WATER, Chesapeake, CR and DT pull it out of the water using the rope on the far side as our guys in the water help guide it out and lift as they are able.

Once the barrel is on the other side, we take the rope off and put it on the RAFT that Chesapeake laid out. Uoya and Schmidty swim over. Chesapeake, DT, Imada and Uoya each take a corner and carry the barrel, on the raft to the wall.

Festas takes the ROPE and runs ahead with it to the wall, together with Danny, Schmidty and Festas. Festas, being the tallest, is tasked with trying to tie the ROPE around the bar above the wall. The other 3 need to make sure the stairs up are ready. When that is done, all 4 climb over the wall, lowering themselves down safely using the rope.

When the 4 carrying the barrel reach the stairs, they take the barrel off the RAFT. Imada will shove the RAFT over the wall to the other 4 waiting on the other side.

The 4 now with the raft hold it up waiting for the barrel to come over. The 4 with the barrel push it over the wall to the other side.

Ideally, CR and company catch the barrel in the raft and take it to the finish line. If they don't catch it, use the raft if it is still intact. If not, as many of the 4 that can carry it will do so.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2360721)
I will be at work until close to/ up until deadline, so I will need someone else to take the lead here. EagleFan, I am making Chesapeake honorary captain for today, so take any orders from him as if they were orders from me.

I may not be on before 9 PM when, after our resounding victory, we will have to select fighters for the night. From this, I am assuming that Danny will be back on to resume his captaincy?

Anyone have thoughts on matchups? Should we set it up so one of our live bodies goes against one of their tomato can npcs? Not sure what the strategy is here.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 05:02 PM

Sorry not to provide more time for final input. I have got to run and am submitting now. Good luck, team!

EagleFan 10-06-2010 05:03 PM

Last minute rules clarification for the teams. The object is to get the barrel over the finish line. The obstacles can not be avoided, they must be gone through or over. Not all team members have to cross the finish line, just the barrel. Be mindful that all actions have potential cosequences.

One hour left before the challenge.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 05:05 PM

hmm...potential bad weather mentioned in the main thread. Don't know how it would change our plans.

DaddyTorgo 10-06-2010 05:10 PM

Been swamped all day - what do we need to do before deadline?

DaddyTorgo 10-06-2010 05:12 PM

Not sure if you all want to fight me tonight, but go for it.

I'm a BJJ fighter.

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesapeake (Post 2361101)
I'm going to submit this at 6 without objection:

Our tallest guys, npcs Festas and Imada, run to get the POLES and ROPE and brings them to the well. Festas then carefully uses one pole to check the depth of the water. Imada swims to the opposite side of the water and he and Festas set the 11' poles across the well to form a bridge to roll the barrel across. They will hold the poles in place until the barrel gets there.

Meanwhile, Chesapeake runs to get the RAFT and carries it to the barrel. Schmidty, npc Uoya, myself and Danny lay the barrel on the raft. We each pick up a corner and carry it to the well. If the raft tears, Schmidty and Uoya carry it. Once the barrel is at the well, tie the ROPE around it.

Also meanwhile, CR and DT are responsible for getting the cubes across the water and to the wall. They will set up all six as stairs leading up to the gap. Both DT and CR run to the well as soon as the barrell gets there.

When the barrel is at the well, Chesapeake swims across the water with the RAFT and takes over securing the far end of the pole bridge from Imada. Uoya will be responsible for securing the near end of the pole bridge, taking over for Festas.

If the water is <6 feet:

Make sure the rope on the barel is secure. Schmidty and Danny carefully put the barrel on the bridge while Uoya secures that end. Once the barrel is on the bridge, Schmidty gets into the water. Danny throws the rope we tied around the barrel, to CR.

Danny gets into the water too. Schmidty and Danny, since they can stand, can help to carefully guide the barrel across while CR and DT pull on the rope. As the barrel gets close to Imada, Festas stands up and braces the poles from behind the barrel so that Imada can get out of the way.

If the water >6 feet:

Even Imada and Festas are probably not tall enough to brace the poles, so we try the bridge and hope for the best. Tall guys stay in the water and help to guide the barrel as best they can. Danny and Schmidty swim across to help pull or go prep the stairs as needed. Otherwise, it all goes as stated earlier.

Once the barrel is on the other side, we take the rope off and put it on the RAFT that Chesapeake laid out. Uoya and Schmidty swim over. Chesapeake, DT, Imada and Uoya each take a corner and carry the barrel, on the raft to the wall.

Festas takes the ROPE and runs ahead with it to the wall, together with Danny, Schmidty and Festas. Festas, being the tallest, is tasked with trying to tie the ROPE around the bar above the wall. The other 3 need to make sure the stairs up are ready. When that is done, all 4 climb over the wall, lowering themselves down safely using the rope.

When the 4 carrying the barrel reach the stairs, they take the barrel off the RAFT. Imada will shove the RAFT over the wall to the other 4 waiting on the other side.

The 4 now with the raft hold it up waiting for the barrel to come over. The 4 with the barrel push it over the wall to the other side.

Ideally, CR and company catch the barrel in the raft and take it to the finish line. If they don't catch it, use the raft if it is still intact. If not, as many of the 4 that can carry it will do so.

Addendum/modification to the sand pit part (and only affecting those involved with the sand pit, all other instructions proceed as given): If the sand in the pit is muddy from the rain, chesapeake and Danny alone will enter the pit, tip the barrel over and roll it out of the pit first. Then it will be placed on the raft, and the rest of chesapeake's plan ensues going forward. Four guys carrying the barrel on a raft in the pit could slip in the mud.

EF, you may ignore this addendum if the sand is reasonably dry/not muddy.

Chief Rum 10-06-2010 06:05 PM

As to fights, I have no idea what strategy to take or how to handle things, as I don't know what opponent I might face, or who we migth face as a team.

I'll leave it to those of you around to decide. I am leaving for my other job, so I am checking out until much later tonight. Feel free me to volunteer me for fights where necessary. If EF needs more guidance on how to use my fighter, you can tell him I will probably try to take my opponent to the ground and submit him, or if it's standing, I will do a lot of striking.

Good luck, guys!

EagleFan 10-06-2010 07:01 PM

Congrats!!! You have won the challenge and get to pick the matchups tonight. One CPU player from each team will faceoff and one player from each team will faceoff. PM coming to you shortly Danny.

chesapeake 10-06-2010 07:11 PM

I think he said Imada is hurt, so he is out as our CPU pick.

DT, you stepped forward and I don't see anyone else on. Good for you! Pick someone from the other team to fight and I will get on before 9 to send it in.

Anyone have a thought or preference on the CPU picks?

Danny 10-06-2010 07:11 PM

I can't see a downside to posting this with only one traitor and them not winning with the other team, but with a tie, so here goes.

I had the choice if we won to either receive full details on one opposing fighter or get updated throughout the day on team Autumn's strategy. I chose the full details on a fighter as 1. I wasn't sure how much the updates would help and 2. I wasn't around to get them.

So here it is, full details on one of their fighters.

Name: Mike Jackson
Nickname: Dubb93
Weight: 236
Height: 6'2
Year of Birth: 1983

Fighting Style - Kickboxing

Style: Very Aggressive
Dirty Fighting: Clean
Tactical Style: All power

Skills - All skills start at 8 and cannot be changed by the fighters after the game starts (though may be affected by in game events); Each player has 90 additional points which can be given out to these starting values; Weight affects strength and agility (if weight is 206-210 no change to default; 211-235 starting strength 9 and agility 7; 236-250 starting strength 10 and agility 6; 251-265 starting strength 11 and agility 5); Skills max is 20

Punches - 20
Kicks - 14
Clinch - 8
Strength - 20
Agility - 10
Dodging - 8
Heart - 8
Takedowns - 8
Takedown defense - 20
Ground and Pound - 8
Ground Game - 8
Submissions - 8
Submission Defense - 14
Conditioning - 16
Toughness - 16
Control - 8
Aggressiveness - 20
KO Resistance - 20

Danny 10-06-2010 07:12 PM

Anyone think they matchup really well with Dubb?

chesapeake 10-06-2010 07:14 PM

Great Danny, you're here. I will bow out from sending in messages. I am going up to have dinner with my wife.

This is not an optimal matchup for me.

EagleFan 10-06-2010 08:12 PM

Tonight's fights:

Tomas "Ironman" Festas Vs. Chris "Loudmouth" Wheeler

Jason "Angel of Death" Schmidt vs. "Wick" Ed Johnson

EagleFan 10-06-2010 09:36 PM

The challenge for day two will be one of various showdowns.

There will be three competitions.

The first will be a sumo bout. Each team must select one member to participate. The winner of the bout gains one point for their team.

The second will be a simple challenge. Each team is given three items. A rock, a piece of paper and a pair of scissors. They are asked one simple task, to place them in order from 1st to 3rd. The teams will be judged based upon their decisions and scored likewise.

The third will be a competition of stamina. Each team must select two team members. One will stand upright while the other team member will climb onto the first team member so that their feet are not touching the ground. They must climb around that team member without touching the ground. The team that lasts the longest will win. Each team must select at least one player that has yet to fight to participate in this competition (non-CPU). The participants will declare how much energy (on a 1-100 scale with 100 being the most) they want to spend on this challenge. This will affect stamina if they have to fight tomorrow night. The teams may define a strategy but it is up to the fighter to determine how much energy to use. The results will be based upon the fighters abilities and energy spent.

EagleFan 10-06-2010 09:37 PM

Send me any questions which you may have.

chesapeake 10-07-2010 08:59 AM

Good morning team. Here are my thoughts on the challenge:

1) Sumo -- Strength + Weight and smaller is better for greater leverage. NPC Uoya has the best build for this, but IIRC the npcs don't get the extra 90 points, so I expect he lacks the strength. Danny -- are you at or approaching 20 in strength? You're the heaviest of the humans on the team. Although I am not maxed out in strength, I am pretty strong. Does anyone thing takedown ability might be relevant here?

2) Is this just best 2 of 3 in rock, scissors, paper? The tendency in this game is to go with rock, so I say lead with paper.

3) This one is hard to read, but if I understand it, you have one guy acting like a pillar (Mr. Strength) and a second guy that has to climb around him in some sort of homoerotic display (Mr. Agility). Both will need conditioning and toughness, I would think.

Fight Thoughts:
The guys that compete today will be at a distinct disadvantage if they have to fight tonight. So, when we win today's competitions, we absolutely must pick one of the competitors from these events. And whomever sits out the competition should expect to be the fighter tonight. You'll have your pick of two strength-based opponents or one agility-based guy.

Chief Rum 10-07-2010 10:10 AM

I don't think I am a good candidate for any of the competition roles. I am much more of a "spread the wealth" type. I have some ability just about everywhere, but am dominant in few. My specialty as a fighter is to take you to the mat and submit you. Of course, I'm still game to try if you need me, though.

I'm not so sure the NPCs are missing those 90 points. You might want to run that one by EF. Just because we were allowed to allot 90 points in various spots doesn't mean the NPCs weren't created with the same total points available to them. My guess is that the NPCs had as many points at the start as we did--they're just distributed in a rough approximation of the real life fighters they are imitating, instead of being distributed like we did.

I think if rock is the conventional wisdom, then the other team will know that, too. We should go second level and start with scissors. I would go scissors, paper, rock.