Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Motorcycle: It's that time again!?! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=48702)

MizzouRah 04-07-2006 12:04 PM

Motorcycle: It's that time again!?!

Since I sold my Suzuki Katana last year, a new motorcycle dealership just opened really close to my house. I'm thinking about getting this beautiful Suzuki GSX-R600. Now that I work at one place and spend about $60 a week on gas with my truck.. this would do me quite well.

I've always loved the crotch rocket style motorcycle.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7...12435913go.jpg

JS19 04-07-2006 12:25 PM

Sold my Honda CBR 600RR last summer. Man do I regret that now. Last week there was a streak of 70+ degree days and I wished I was riding. Won't do me any good right now being I'm on what I like to view as my personal DL til mid summer anyway. Being that this summer seems to be a wash for me, I have full intentions of buying another bike next year. There is just no greater feeling than riding.

MizzouRah 04-07-2006 07:53 PM

Yep JS19, tomorrow is my day!!

JeffNights 04-07-2006 08:04 PM

Ok, the Katana is a decent starter bike, you are aware that the gixxer line is a completely different animal yes?

I make this post with no knowledge of your riding skills, so dont flame, just letting you know.

jbmagic 04-07-2006 08:08 PM

Todd

Or this is better:)

Lonnie 04-07-2006 09:52 PM

Here's my Ducati.

If the wind dies down I'm taking her out tomorrow.

SegRat 04-07-2006 11:03 PM

I just dumped my bike Wensday. A lady turned in front of me and I had no where to go but down. Messed my knee up pretty good. The bike had minimal damage. This is the first time with 3 diffrent bikes that I have ever laid one down. Sure does suck.

Marc Vaughan 04-08-2006 01:24 AM

I'd opt for a CBR if I was you - great machine, decent running costs and very nice performance ... plus its less likely to spit you off should you get your line wrong than most fast bikes ;)

Ragone 04-08-2006 01:43 AM

Fully Endorses this thread

MizzouRah 04-08-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffNights
Ok, the Katana is a decent starter bike, you are aware that the gixxer line is a completely different animal yes?

I make this post with no knowledge of your riding skills, so dont flame, just letting you know.

Sure do. :) I had a Yamaha FZR 600 back when I was in the Marines. The Katana was just to get me back into the groove, so to speak. Those guys and their CBRs, ZX-6s, and R6s used to come by me and smile.

I actually was ready to get an R6, but this place just opened up here in town and the Suzuki really had a great review in the major motorcycle magazines. Plus it looks the best, imo.

MizzouRah 04-15-2006 02:59 PM

Bought a 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 from a friend of a friend for $5500 - this bike only has 400 miles on it and is in mint condition. Much better than what I was willing to spend on a brand new one.

Can't wait until next week when I get to pick it up!

JS19 04-15-2006 03:06 PM

Very nice. Although I had always been a Honda man, Yamaha seems to be the best now. After riding some of my friends R6's and R1's I know I will be buying Yamaha next yr. I have never been on an '04 R6, but have ridden an '04 R1 and I must say the way that bike handled was a dream, it felt like the bike would lean itself with no effort, I would assume the R6 was designed the same way. Good luck and be safe!

MizzouRah 04-15-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS19
Very nice. Although I had always been a Honda man, Yamaha seems to be the best now. After riding some of my friends R6's and R1's I know I will be buying Yamaha next yr. I have never been on an '04 R6, but have ridden an '04 R1 and I must say the way that bike handled was a dream, it felt like the bike would lean itself with no effort, I would assume the R6 was designed the same way. Good luck and be safe!

Thanks!

I just saw a 2006 R6 and WOW does that bike look sweet.

My friend rode his friends R6 and loved it. He has a Kawasaki ZX-6 and said if he didn't have so much money in aftermarket stuff in his bike, he would have bought the R6 and sold his bike. The last Yamaha I rode was a 1991 FZR and I really liked that bike. Should be a nice ride from his house, which is about an hour away.

jbmagic 04-15-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Bought a 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 from a friend of a friend for $5500 - this bike only has 400 miles on it and is in mint condition. Much better than what I was willing to spend on a brand new one.

Can't wait until next week when I get to pick it up!

What color you get?

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2004...yamaha_yzf_r6/

MizzouRah 04-15-2006 06:12 PM

I wanted the Blue, but he has:

..and it looks just like this too, pretty much brand new!

JS19 04-15-2006 06:19 PM

Ugh, you had to throw the pictures in here. A work of art. Biggest mistake of my life was selling my bike, hands down.

MizzouRah 04-15-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Ugh, you had to throw the pictures in here. A work of art. Biggest mistake of my life was selling my bike, hands down.

Check out the 2006 R6 :eek:

jbmagic 04-15-2006 07:34 PM

With a great motorcycle you need a great helmet too.

Show us your Helmet here.

Bad-example 04-15-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic

I think posting a pic of your helmet here would get you banned. ;)

MizzouRah 04-15-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad-example
I think posting a pic of your helmet here would get you banned. ;)

:)

The guy is throwing in a helmet and a bike cover.. haven't seen his BIKE helmet yet.

sterlingice 04-15-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmagic
With a great motorcycle you need a great helmet too.

*strongly resisting urge to make any number of Spaceballs jokes here*

SI

JS19 04-15-2006 11:51 PM

WOW. That's my first look at anything 2006. After I realized how much I missed riding I tried to distance myself from bikes so I wouldn't feel so bad. I am still a fan of the undertail exhaust but that one is very nice as well.

MizzouRah 04-16-2006 08:21 AM

Today is so nice outside, I wish I had it right now.

Oh well... next week will be here soon enough!

MizzouRah 04-20-2006 09:40 AM

Brought it home last night and I love it!!

flere-imsaho 04-20-2006 09:51 AM

Harley-Davidson just opened a massive dealership in my town. Sadly, I'm not a bike enthusiast, so it does nothing for me, but just thought I'd share.

sterlingice 04-20-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Brought it home last night and I love it!!

Don't suppose you'll be heading over to KC any time soon to show off? ;)

SI

MizzouRah 04-21-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice
Don't suppose you'll be heading over to KC any time soon to show off? ;)

SI

Shoot.. some time off would be nice. ;)

JS19 04-21-2006 06:11 PM

How do you feel it rides compared to your Suzuki? or any other bike you have ridden.

MizzouRah 04-21-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

How do you feel it rides compared to your Suzuki? or any other bike you have ridden.

I was just telling a friend how much better it rides than the Suzuki Katana did. I thought being a faster tweaked bike, it wouldn't ride as nice.. but it really rides nice, easy to manuver, and well lots of speed at your fingertips. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can go and get my temp tags as I await my title to get here.

I find that when I park it down the street at the quick stop (as that's a safe ride without plates) when I get out of the store there are always 2 or 3 people looking at it. :) I love it, best bike I've owned. The only thing I don't like is it has two headlights and only one comes on when you start it (the R one) and only when you hit your high beams does the other light come on. Weird.. but it's by design.

JS19 04-21-2006 06:21 PM

I don't know what it is about Yamaha, but they have mastered the handling of a bike, in my opinion anyway.

Quote:

The only thing I don't like is it has two headlights and only one comes on when you start it (the R one) and only when you hit your high beams does the other light come on. Weird.. but it's by design.

Same thing happened with my '04 Honda. Pissed me off for the longest time bc I was too dumb to realize that's how it was designed.

stevew 04-21-2006 06:26 PM

What kind of mileage is a bike like that supposed to get? I really don't like the crotch rocket style, and would likely opt for a larger bike if possible. At 6'4" I'd hate to have to hunch down like that. At the rate we're headed, a bike that gets some good mileage is the way that I think I want to go in.

MizzouRah 04-22-2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew
What kind of mileage is a bike like that supposed to get? I really don't like the crotch rocket style, and would likely opt for a larger bike if possible. At 6'4" I'd hate to have to hunch down like that. At the rate we're headed, a bike that gets some good mileage is the way that I think I want to go in.

Mine gets about 45 miles per gallon according to a guide I read online. So, that's about 30-33 more per gallon than my truck and one of the biggest reasons I bought one.

SegRat 04-27-2006 11:35 PM

Got my new bike today. I started with an 89 Yamaha FZR 600 known as the Bud bike because of the Budweiser decals. Then I bought a 94 Honda CBR 600. The end of last season I bought (for gas purpouses) a 05 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Today I traded in the Ninja for a 05 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak. Love the bike. It will hold me over until I get a Harley or a Big Dog.

JS19 04-27-2006 11:39 PM

I'm more of a crotch-rocket kind of guy, but I can appreciate all bikes, and that one there looks like a great bike.

stevew 04-27-2006 11:44 PM

That's a nice looking bike.

SegRat 04-28-2006 02:38 AM

Thanks guys. This is the exact look of a bike of have always desired. What a difference not only going from a sport bike to a crusier, but going from a 250 to a 1600.

SegRat 04-28-2006 02:43 AM

Dola,

This is the bike I really hope to get some day. It's the Big Dog Mastiff.

MizzouRah 04-28-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SegRat
Got my new bike today. I started with an 89 Yamaha FZR 600 known as the Bud bike because of the Budweiser decals. Then I bought a 94 Honda CBR 600. The end of last season I bought (for gas purpouses) a 05 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Today I traded in the Ninja for a 05 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak. Love the bike. It will hold me over until I get a Harley or a Big Dog.

Nice looking bike!!!

I'll have to take some pictures of mine.

SegRat 04-28-2006 07:41 PM

After a good day riding the new bike, I can say I could never go back to a sport bike. What a ride.

MizzouRah 08-05-2006 10:49 PM

After almost 3 months with my '04 R6, I can honestly say I love my bike. I've put around 800 miles on it so far and really like the way it handles and rides.

With the gas prices, I'm seeing all kinds of motorcycles on the highways around here.

MizzouRah 12-12-2007 07:11 PM

Well, today is a sad day. Sold my bike.. winter is here and I want to build up some savings and finally go HD sometime soon.

I will miss thee... :(

JS19 04-08-2008 09:38 PM

Picked up an '06 R6 Raven today. It's been the bike of my dreams since it came out, so i'm pretty pumped. Anyone know of a place online that sells fairings cheap? I'm assuming most will say ebay and craigslist, but already checked there and found nothing. The bike is pretty mint but has some scuffs on the sides which i wouldn't mind replacing whenever I may come into a few extra bucks.

MizzouRah 04-08-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS19 (Post 1701738)
Picked up an '06 R6 Raven today. It's been the bike of my dreams since it came out, so i'm pretty pumped. Anyone know of a place online that sells fairings cheap? I'm assuming most will say ebay and craigslist, but already checked there and found nothing. The bike is pretty mint but has some scuffs on the sides which i wouldn't mind replacing whenever I may come into a few extra bucks.

Excellent choice, post some pics when you get a chance!!!!!!!

Marc Vaughan 04-09-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 1106889)
Since I sold my Suzuki Katana last year, a new motorcycle dealership just opened really close to my house. I'm thinking about getting this beautiful Suzuki GSX-R600. Now that I work at one place and spend about $60 a week on gas with my truck.. this would do me quite well.

I've always loved the crotch rocket style motorcycle.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7...12435913go.jpg

Go for a Pegaso - not the fastest bike in the world, but great fun to flick around corners and the height makes it great for commuting through traffic (as you can see a decent distance ahead of you and anticipate jams).

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/aprilia_pegaso_strada.shtml

I still miss mine - no way I'd get a bike in florida though, too darn hot ...

Marc Vaughan 04-09-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SegRat (Post 1125357)

My sisters always loved that 'cruiser/custom' style of bike but for me its always felt a little too much like riding a sofa ... very comfortable and civilised, which wasn't really why I enjoyed biking.

For me I love SuperMoto bikes, you get the buzz of cornering hard like on a racer but the height and visual advantage of a MotoX bike in traffic ... oh and they look cool as f**k too ;)

I blame it on this:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...&ct=image&cd=3

When I was a kid, one of the local bike shops had one in which had the full Paris Dakar gear on it, weird instruments the lot ..... never did get to ride it, but it was huge and cool :D

cuervo72 04-09-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonnie (Post 1107219)
Here's my Ducati.

Mmmmmmm, Bikini Car Wash Company.....

Rich1033 04-12-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS19 (Post 1701738)

Let me know how you are liking it.

At 26 I have finally decided to jump in and get the thing that I have always wanted. After reading, looking, and talking to several people Ive also decided on the Yamaha R6 line, or the R6S Raven to be exact. It looks like it will run me around $7100 for a new 08 and I will most likely grab it within the next 2 weeks. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

jeff061 04-12-2008 04:08 PM

Never ridden a bike before, but it's becoming an itch I want to scratch. Maybe when I'm done paying off the 'stang, I'll get a bike and inevitibly kill myself.

sachmo71 04-13-2008 12:07 PM

sigh...just please be careful everyone.

JS19 04-13-2008 02:23 PM

Rich....Well I def. love the bike. I had an '04 Honda CBR, which I loved the way it looked and all, and had a blast with it, I just wasn't all too thrilled on how it handled. I jumped on my buddies R1 and it was like a whole new world for me, not bc it was a 1000 and I was on a 600, but just the way it handled, so I decided my next bike would be a Yamaha. I haven't been able to ride too much bc of bad weather and whatnot, but I def. like the way it handles. Also, this R6 has much more power than I'm used to so it's probably gonna take me a good week or 2 to get the feel for it, then i'll really be able to open it up and get on it and get a solid feel for how the bike performs. From my past experiences on the R1 and my brief time on my R6 I def. recommend going with the Yamaha and you should not be disappointed at all.