Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Developer's Corner (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   This sub-forum. (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=65624)

Solecismic 06-04-2008 07:35 AM

This sub-forum.

I'm excited about the move. Operation Sports has been part of the text sim community since it debuted the same year I wrote the original Front Office Football.

This gives us the opportunity to introduce a new forum feature I've been thinking about for at least a couple of years.

With the new forum, we're going to add a new subforum called "Developer's Corner" under the FOF subforum. Every week or so, I will introduce a specific item relevant to developing football simulations.

We will have a panel consisting of Operation Sports staff members (including SkyDog) answering these questions, immediately, as they would like to see the item reflected in text-based simulations (I'll send the topic to them in email a day or two beforehand).

This subforum will be moderated very differently from the rest of the forum. For one, I'll be starting all the topics. And secondly, while these topics will be open for discussion, the idea is to create a living document, useful for my own future reference. So SkyDog will moderate them very closely to keep them specifically on topic. Hopefully, posts will not be lost.

I hope this becomes a regular and popular feature at the new forum. It will help me flesh out new ideas I have with Front Office Football. And I'm encouraged that it will give all of you some insight into simulation development and a chance to participate more formally in the process.

NoMyths 06-06-2008 07:18 PM

Great feature -- looking forward to it, Jim.

MIJB#19 06-08-2008 06:11 AM

Agreed, looking forward to it!

Ben E Lou 07-16-2008 01:02 PM

Brief note on the moderation....

Quote:

• Please stay on topic.
  • Please no "+1" type posts. New or expanded ideas only.
  • All posts will go into the moderation queue before they're allowed to be seen.

QuikSand 11-05-2008 06:14 AM

So, maybe it's time to take this down?

Ben E Lou 11-07-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 1880209)

Miscommunication between Jim and me. I was waiting to hear from him. He was waiting to hear from me. We'll get it worked out.

jdavidbakr 11-07-2008 01:52 PM

I hope that means that there will be future installments. I think this is a fantastic idea for a forum, and love to hear things from Jim's perspective as often as possible.

QuikSand 11-07-2008 02:07 PM

I agree jdb, I liked the idea. I just think it reflects poorly on everyone to have a forward mention of weekly installments in the sub-forum description, followed by one from June and nothing since.

I'd prefer to see it rejuvenated too, but absent that, let's at least archive it rather than have it be among the most prominent thing someone sees when visiting the forum area dedicated to the games themselves.

jdavidbakr 11-07-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 1882393)
I agree jdb, I liked the idea. I just think it reflects poorly on everyone to have a forward mention of weekly installments in the sub-forum description, followed by one from June and nothing since.

I'd prefer to see it rejuvenated too, but absent that, let's at least archive it rather than have it be among the most prominent thing someone sees when visiting the forum area dedicated to the games themselves.

Agreed ...

Ben E Lou 11-18-2008 01:55 PM

Another entry has been submitted by Solecismic. Members of the OS staff will respond over the next few days, and this will be posted soon.

primelord 12-02-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 1889652)
Another entry has been submitted by Solecismic. Members of the OS staff will respond over the next few days, and this will be posted soon.

Perhaps we have different definitions of the word soon. *shurg*

Ben E Lou 12-02-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primelord (Post 1896647)
Perhaps we have different definitions of the word soon. *shurg*

The blame for this delay rests 100% on me. OS has several new staff members who have interest in text simming, so I knew I needed to not just post the question in the staff forum, but explain the feature to them. I didn't get that done until the week of Thanksgiving, and people couldn't respond. In the two days back from then, we have some great responses, and this will likely get posted here this evening. I apologize to the community and to Jim for this delay.

PikeStance 02-27-2017 05:14 AM

Can we have a thread about Training Camp. I have a few ideas i would like to share?

Thanks for your tremendous effort and skill creating this game.

QuikSand 07-30-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

what he said

david thomas 04-15-2019 05:43 AM

Great feature -- looking forward to it, Jim.

QuikSand 05-07-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

maybe

QuikSand 05-07-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 1882393)
I just think it reflects poorly on everyone to have a forward mention of weekly installments in the sub-forum description, followed by one from June and nothing since.

in this spirit

PilotMan 06-13-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 3280105)
maybe

Or not? In light of recent events?