Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

KWhit 07-09-2008 01:42 PM

Actually, can someone lay out the role changes that are in progress through promotions and/or training? And when they should take effect?

I haven't paid as close attention to that as I should have and want to factor that into my voting decision.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 01:43 PM

Claph, I think you are partly confusing Heinz and I. I'm the one arguing to off the slaves, I don't recall him arguing that.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773517)
Claph, I think you are partly confusing Heinz and I. I'm the one arguing to off the slaves, I don't recall him arguing that.

I actually argued against you. I see your POV, I think you're wrong, but I somewhat see the logic. :D

Alan T 07-09-2008 01:45 PM

We still have to have Schmidty help gather slaves when he does check in.. What are people's thoughts on me ordering him to do so now (even though he likely will check in at some point later) to get it out of the way, and then one of our normal crew members try to gather up slaves?

If the five security team members did their job, there won't be any more to gather up thus no risk to the crew member... but if one of them faked it, We would still have 2 slaves running around that possibly could damage things...

Only issue is I'm not sure how many crew have AP available to do this still... I think just Danny whom we need to fix things, Passacaglia whom we need for the brig, Packerfanatic and myself...

So I'm wondering if perhaps I should take that risk.. worst case I might die but I feel pretty decent that there is a better than not chance that Kwhit is good right now and he would take over as captain if I died.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 01:46 PM

Clap, you've put me in a tough spot.

On one hand, you could just be your confused self.

On the other, you're a spawn who is taking a knock against me from Hoops yesterday and hoping to gain steam by throwing around vague or incorrect accusations.

I think it's the latter, but the double-catch is, you're now an engineer (were you still a private I'd have voted for you long long ago), and while I'm sure you'll fake some work, you can't possibly fake all of your work.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 01:46 PM

Yeah, I thought you had argued against me. I have been paying close attention to anything that the four (soon to be five) engineers have said since I'm one of them and because I'm starting to realize how important our work is early.

Alan T 07-09-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773513)
Today should be a good test of it because you'll have two engineering crews: Tyrith and Heinz working on one place that *should* get completed and me and probably Danny working on another that *should* get close to completed.

yeah, but spawn are not going to just sabotage everything at any time they get a chance, that would be too easy to be busted. They would pick and choose when to do so.. and picking to fake work tonight on the hold if we are counting on each person to do the work is one of those choices.. as the net result of doing so would mean no water for anyone and another day where we can not mine. That likely would be worth faking I would think.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773523)
We still have to have Schmidty help gather slaves when he does check in.. What are people's thoughts on me ordering him to do so now (even though he likely will check in at some point later) to get it out of the way, and then one of our normal crew members try to gather up slaves?

If the five security team members did their job, there won't be any more to gather up thus no risk to the crew member... but if one of them faked it, We would still have 2 slaves running around that possibly could damage things...

Only issue is I'm not sure how many crew have AP available to do this still... I think just Danny whom we need to fix things, Passacaglia whom we need for the brig, Packerfanatic and myself...

So I'm wondering if perhaps I should take that risk.. worst case I might die but I feel pretty decent that there is a better than not chance that Kwhit is good right now and he would take over as captain if I died.

I say we leave it at the minimum amount needed to round them up. That way, if some are loose we'll know someone faked and we'll have a narrow pool from which to look at.

I'd also think the damage of 2 slaves compared to that of the 18-20 we had last night should be minimal, especially if people guard correctly tonight.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 01:47 PM

Alan, I think I would put the order in for him to do it since he'll do it upon check in anyway. We need it done and the sooner the better.

Alan T 07-09-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773515)
Actually, can someone lay out the role changes that are in progress through promotions and/or training? And when they should take effect?

I haven't paid as close attention to that as I should have and want to factor that into my voting decision.

Chubby being trained to be an ensign - Needs 1 more day of training still
Claphamsa being trained to be an engineer currently - I believe goes into effect to start tommorrow day phase
Bulletsponge was made a medic - Already in effect

PackerFanatic 07-09-2008 01:48 PM

I would do it, but I imagine my chances would be quite high of dying, being non-security, exhausted, AND wounded *sigh*

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773526)
yeah, but spawn are not going to just sabotage everything at any time they get a chance, that would be too easy to be busted. They would pick and choose when to do so.. and picking to fake work tonight on the hold if we are counting on each person to do the work is one of those choices.. as the net result of doing so would mean no water for anyone and another day where we can not mine. That likely would be worth faking I would think.

We should, if we don't lynch clap have an extra engineer tonight, right?

Extra meaning more than we started with, of course.

Tyrith 07-09-2008 01:49 PM

Last thing we want is a confirmed good to die, Alan, regardless of whether or not you'd be in the captain's chair. That'd put Telle in the security post and she's quite possibly a wolf, and that's no good. But I'd be okay with you ordering someone else to do it, if they're not wounded, it's not likely they'd die and there's no risk.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 01:49 PM

NM, saw your newest post Alan.

LoneStarGirl 07-09-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1773367)
Assuming no one faked their actions, yes.

People can fake their actions?? How can that happen?

Alan T 07-09-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773527)
I say we leave it at the minimum amount needed to round them up. That way, if some are loose we'll know someone faked and we'll have a narrow pool from which to look at.

I'd also think the damage of 2 slaves compared to that of the 18-20 we had last night should be minimal, especially if people guard correctly tonight.

It might be minimal, but what if it is minimal damage to the Security HQ, which then means no brig for our COT, means no protection for the sleeping quarters or the slave pen, what if that causes another riot...

Some of that is low percentage chance, but others of it is not (such as the brig)... I'm not sure risking even a minimal damage is worth it...

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 01:51 PM

True

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773538)
I'm not sure risking even a minimal damage is worth it...

Agree, we have to put a stop to the damage run-up that is happening. If we can get it under control, then we can work on getting out of here.

hoopsguy 07-09-2008 01:59 PM

Have I missed a post where Path has cleared Alan?
Have I missed a post where it said how much water we got on the away mission?

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 02:00 PM

We didn't get any water because the hold is broken, I believe. Or was it possible to just get water for the day?

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773237)
I found no indication of Spawn with you, so there is no spawnling and we're both still alive. I wonder if this means Unaware Spawn though, which I don't think I would detect.

Here you go Hoops

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 02:02 PM

In the quoted portion, the "you" refers to Alan T.

Alan T 07-09-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1773554)
Have I missed a post where Path has cleared Alan?
Have I missed a post where it said how much water we got on the away mission?

You missed the post where Path said there was no spawnling in me

You missed the post(s) where we did not go on a water mission :)

Alan T 07-09-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773555)
We didn't get any water because the hold is broken, I believe. Or was it possible to just get water for the day?

It would have been water just for the day which we didn't really need as we drunk yesterday and as long as the hold is fixed tonight we should be ok

Barkeep49 07-09-2008 02:06 PM

A note: Going on a water mission today would accomplish nothing for dehydration tomorrow.

path12 07-09-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773524)
Clap, you've put me in a tough spot.

On one hand, you could just be your confused self.

On the other, you're a spawn who is taking a knock against me from Hoops yesterday and hoping to gain steam by throwing around vague or incorrect accusations.

I think it's the latter, but the double-catch is, you're now an engineer (were you still a private I'd have voted for you long long ago), and while I'm sure you'll fake some work, you can't possibly fake all of your work.

For the record, there is about a 0% chance I would lynch an engineer today.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 02:08 PM

So Alan, at the very least, and I am assuming we don't want to lay out too much our plans, but we're guarding the HQ, the slave pens, and the cargo hold tonight? We may want to consider the engines as well.

Are we able to train another security soldier?

KWhit 07-09-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773577)
For the record, there is about a 0% chance I would lynch an engineer today.

Same here (well, not with the current information we have).

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773577)
For the record, there is about a 0% chance I would lynch an engineer today, particularly PurdueBrad ever.

I second this, especially after I edited it some to reveal Path's true feelings. :p

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773579)
So Alan, at the very least, and I am assuming we don't want to lay out too much our plans, but we're guarding the HQ, the slave pens, and the cargo hold tonight? We may want to consider the engines as well.

I'm only guarding the HQ if I get a phaser -- the way I read the rules, that's the only way I can.

Tyrith 07-09-2008 02:10 PM

Slave pens are automatically guarded if the security HQ works. And I agree that we need to think about the engines.

I have to leave in about half an hour (until right before deadline at the earliest) and I still don't have a clue what to do with my vote.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 02:10 PM

path/kwhit - Does that count clap, who isn't an engineer until tomorrow (I just figured this out when someone, Alan?, posted it)

Alan T 07-09-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773579)

I haven't stated what I felt are priorities to be guarded.. I think the security team needs to figure out what they want to do though.

I DO feel the engineers should coordinate work in thread.

I DO NOT feel the security guards should though.

Of the places they need to consider guarding though is obviously the engines, Security HQ, cargo hold , in addition to any spy missions or people guarding they may or may not want to do.

And yes I believe we can make someone a security person.. which is part of why I want us to get off this planet, the people we have in certain positions change once in space again

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 02:11 PM

Not that I have to be the one guarding the HQ. Just saying don't count on me to do it without one -- I figured y'all wouldn't want me to have one, since like half of you have mentioned me pinging you.

KWhit 07-09-2008 02:11 PM

Anybody else think Packerfanatic should try to recharge one of the phasers? It will take some Chys-whatever to do it, but I think it would be a good idea since he's got no other use of his AP today (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 02:12 PM

Pass - Did you ever explain why you wanted to put Alan in the brig?

Alan T 07-09-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1773585)
I'm only guarding the HQ if I get a phaser -- the way I read the rules, that's the only way I can.

That is not how I read this at all:

Quote:

Protect Security Room Night Only The Warden may guard the Security Headquarters at night. If there is an attack he will receive a bonus, if armed. This is slightly less effective than regular Protect. 1 AP

KWhit 07-09-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773587)
path/kwhit - Does that count clap, who isn't an engineer until tomorrow (I just figured this out when someone, Alan?, posted it)

I could be talked into voting for him with a compelling argument, but so far, I'm just not feeling it.

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773594)
That is not how I read this at all:

You may be right. Are you thinking I can guard the HQ unarmed, just that I don't receive a bonus?

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773593)
Pass - Did you ever explain why you wanted to put Alan in the brig?

No.

Alan T 07-09-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773591)
Anybody else think Packerfanatic should try to recharge one of the phasers? It will take some Chys-whatever to do it, but I think it would be a good idea since he's got no other use of his AP today (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

Only other possible use would be if we want to send him on slave cleanup duty instead of me to make sure none of the security personal faked their work. (he is wounded and exhausted though).

Otherwise I believe only he and I are the only ones with AP left to be able to do that function if we want to do it.

LoneStarGirl 07-09-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1773455)
I definitely think we need to execute someone tonight...there are a few candidates - as in any ww game, there is always collateral damage, which sucks but it's part of the game.

A couple people have thrown Pass and Saldana out there. AlanT mentioned that he had suspicion on a couple other people but didn't elaborate. Any chance you'd want to throw some names and the reason you suspect them out there so we can get some conversation going and see if we can manage to start putting the puzzle together? I'm guessing Danny is one of the ones you suspect, and now that you pointed it out, it does seem odd. I didn't play either of the last games so I don't know how elaborate some of the roles are. Did Danny play? If so, he might have used a function of the last game to buy himself some time in this one...

I definitely agree that we should execute somebody tonight, one night with no lynch is too much for me. I dont think we should execute the slave master... i have only briefly looked at the posts but looking at the jobs it is hard to decide who is less valuable

Alan T 07-09-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1773600)
You may be right. Are you thinking I can guard the HQ unarmed, just that I don't receive a bonus?

I am thinking that my understanding of:

Quote:

Protect Security Room Night Only The Warden may guard the Security Headquarters at night. If there is an attack he will receive a bonus, if armed. This is slightly less effective than regular Protect. 1 AP

means that I feel that you may guard the Security HQ at night. You will receive a bonus if armed.

path12 07-09-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773584)
I second this, especially after I edited it some to reveal Path's true feelings. :p

If I can't get "Whistle While You Work" out of my head soon, you'll see my true feelings could change in a hurry.....

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 02:16 PM

Is there any value in having both Alan and Packers do slave clean-up duty? I'm worried about Packer failing because of his wounded/exhausted state.

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773605)
I am thinking that my understanding of:

means that I feel that you may guard the Security HQ at night. You will receive a bonus if armed.

Sounds like you meant to say 'yes'.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1773601)
No.

Feel free to have at it, please.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773608)
If I can't get "Whistle While You Work" out of my head soon, you'll see my true feelings could change in a hurry.....

Hehe, I'll start working on a new song for tonight's work! I'll be focused on the cargo hold so I'll try to come up with something fun hopefully.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773599)
I could be talked into voting for him with a compelling argument, but so far, I'm just not feeling it.

So you think he's more of a clueless villager type than the idea that he's been off the ship and is voting to lynch engineers that have been helpful to this point.

Or is that an indictment of how you think of my spawny-ness (i.e. clap is headed down the correct road)?

path12 07-09-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773587)

Yes. Short of one of you standing up and shouting "I AM A SPAWN, MOTHERF&$!@R!!" I will not be voting for an engineer or future engineer today.

My initial thought for a vote is someone who is exhausted, wounded and has been outside already. I'll toss it out there with the usual provisos:

VOTE PACKERFANATIC

Sorry dude, but you seem most expendable right now.