Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What's Cookin' FOFC? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=97067)

stevew 11-18-2020 04:28 PM

What's Cookin' FOFC?

Tonight I made Chicken Parm, and twice baked potatoes topped with broccoli.
Kentucky Kernel branded seasoned flour makes a great coating for pan frying.

What did you have for dinner today?

(PS I'm totally out of food ideas, shutdown far too long)

AlexB 11-18-2020 04:59 PM

You could add an ‘o’ on the end of that recipe and make one of our healthy regional delicacies

Parmo - Wikipedia
The Teeside Chicken Parmo recipe

Lathum 11-18-2020 05:02 PM

Vegetarian tacos using Boca crumbles.

MIJB#19 11-18-2020 05:18 PM

Due to the topic, for a second I read your username as "stew".

But to answer the question: I went with pizza, home oven, but not home made.

Butter 11-18-2020 05:19 PM

Breakfast for dinner today

stevew 11-18-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexB (Post 3314648)
You could add an ‘o’ on the end of that recipe and make one of our healthy regional delicacies

Parmo - Wikipedia
The Teeside Chicken Parmo recipe

I’ll have to whip that up sometime. Sounds good.

korme 11-18-2020 06:32 PM

I made some Naan bread earlier and the lady is making a yellow curry

Edward64 11-18-2020 06:56 PM

I've been making linguine with white clam sauce (my standard dish I order at new Italian restaurants). Last Sun was my fourth iteration, better each time but not there yet.

I've also been baking bread on and off the past 4 years. They're edible but no where close to Panera bread quality.

Love ramen. I've migrated from the instant ramen to cooking fresh (relatively speaking). There is an asian food store that sells fresh ramen noodles with sauce mix. I add vegetables, tofu and sometimes pork.

NobodyHere 11-18-2020 06:58 PM

Today was breakfast sandwiches.

On the weekend I'm hoping for some chicken bacon wraps or corned beef brisket.

JonInMiddleGA 11-18-2020 07:08 PM

I wanted something warm, so it's delivery udon (specifically Niku Udon, which I gather means "beef & noodles" or something like that).

It works cause the kid wanted sushi (no discovery of a reasonably priced sushi joint in Miami, one of his few lacking food things ) so it's Japanese delivery across the house tonight.

Izulde 11-18-2020 07:44 PM

I still need to find which box most of my cookware is in.

Did make Kraft mac and cheese the other night, though, with what I do have on hand. Delicious.

I need to start making more stuff once I find the other cooking things because small town = limited options, especially without car.

Ghost Econ 11-18-2020 08:05 PM

I had a sleeve of Ritz crackers

GrantDawg 11-18-2020 08:30 PM

I had sticky unami and broccoli bowl. It was an Every Plate recipe. I have been meaning to update my thread on the meal delivery service how much we are still enjoying Every Plate. It is the cheaper Hello Fresh (same company). We have been doing three meals a week, and just having those meals planned gave been great. Great dishes that are super filling. I love the asain dishes that I would have never learned to make with out this. Also meals I could never get the wife to eat and she lives them. She never liked carrots before I baked them, now she can't get enough.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CrimsonFox 11-19-2020 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Econ (Post 3314686)
I had a sleeve of Ritz crackers

me too but I dipped them in cajun crap dip with real imitation crab!

QuikSand 11-19-2020 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korme (Post 3314666)
I made some Naan bread earlier and the lady is making a yellow curry

Heh, if my 14yo daughter counts as my "lady" then basically the same... homemade naan, Indian curry, and raita last night. Very tasty.

korme 11-19-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 3314724)
Heh, if my 14yo daughter counts as my "lady" then basically the same... homemade naan, Indian curry, and raita last night. Very tasty.

Cool man. We are vegan and she is gluten free (so I am too) so there are some fun challenges, but I found a 3 ingredient naan that was super easy and she did the rest.

Breeze 11-19-2020 07:57 AM

Spanish Bean Soup and Cuban Sandwiches, which we affectionately call Cuban Dip because we eat it like French Dip...

QuikSand 11-19-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korme (Post 3314739)
Cool man. We are vegan and she is gluten free (so I am too) so there are some fun challenges, but I found a 3 ingredient naan that was super easy and she did the rest.

Indian is a really deep channel for plant-based cooking. Really no loss at all from pulling the dairy out of a traditional naan recipe, and using chickpeas and legumes for protein.

Lathum 11-19-2020 09:40 AM

I do a crockpot soup once a week. This is tonights

Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup - Diethood

ntndeacon 11-19-2020 11:48 AM

We had baked salmon, roasted veggies (a mix of beets, carrots, summer squash, and onions), butternut ravioli with alfredo, and brown and serve rolls

stevew 11-19-2020 03:49 PM

So for the past months I've been stocking up extra on food. Anytime I see a good deal, I grab it and put it in the deep freezer. Well now that I've finally worked through everything, it looks like we're about to go back to food shortages again. maybe.

Anyways, tonight I made seasoned grilled pork chops and vegetable fried rice that would probably make Uncle Roger angry, I really need to grab a wok.

Edward64 11-26-2020 07:54 AM

Baking fresh bread for tonight's dinner.

Vince, Pt. II 11-26-2020 02:32 PM

Since we are staying at home this year, I'm in charge of a lot of dishes that are normally not my purview. Trying a brand new stuffing recipe with a bunch of fresh herbs that I am intrigued by. Also have a bird in the smoker and some twice baked potatoes, and pulled a pair of apple pies out of the oven a few minutes ago. Jenn is doing some maple bacon brussels sprouts, sweet potato pie, and corn on the cob. Mother-in-law (our only guest) is bringing mashed potatoes, a green salad, and pecan pie.

We are going to have WAY too much food for three people. And I love it.

MizzouRah 11-26-2020 05:57 PM

I made cornbread casserole and took some over to my parents who made Thanksgiving dinner for my family in take home containers. Due to possible Covid exposure by my dad at the church Christmas tree lot, they decided it was best to cook and we eat it at home.

Cornbread casserole is simple...

1 box Jiffy corn bread muffin mix
1 15oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 15oz can of cream corn
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix in a bowl and bake in an 8x8 greased pan at 350 for about 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.

You can mix in cheese and or bacon if you want but I stick to the 5 ingredients.

AlexB 11-29-2020 09:13 AM

Cooked a Spanish style fish & chorizo hash today - it was really tasty. Used hake fillet instead of cod as that was what the fishmonger on the market had, and managed not to cock it up!

Spoiler

Spoilered the image as too large