Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty (Post 1771285)
You can count on a vote from Pass. ;)


No worries about that. This is what I meant by "Villager Checking In" posts not being part of the score -- it's such a tradition for people to say something like that as soon as they get their PM, that I don't want to ruin that. It's just as worthless, but I don't think it's as big of a deal. Also, people saying it just to make fun of my scorecard (I'm looking at you, CR) also don't get points for it.

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1771572)
Looks like an engineer is already listed as a specialist so I don't know that I can train you into a more special specialist in that of a Chief Engineer.

An existing engineer can't be trained to become Chief Engineer, though there is an automatic chance of that happening upon death of the Chief Engineer.

I'm sending out some PMs now and then will post the results. We're looking at closer to 10 after all.

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 09:48 AM

Insanity. Stupidity. Death wish. These are some of the words that have been used to describe this mission. But really a better word can be used to describe why this ship is where it is: desperation. For the past two years the amount of Crystilium has been gradually decreasing. Without that, humans will have no way to conduct intergalactic travel. And that is a big deal. The entire galactic economy is based on the assumption that goods can be brought from one point to another. It’s not always easy, and it’s certainly not cheap, but it can be done. But now that assumption, indeed that premise for colonization is at risk. As are millions of jobs, dollars, and even lives.

But that risk is the last thing this crew can afford to think about. The task in front of it is daunting enough. Three previous ships have attempted to land on Spawn planet. All three were never heard from again. Some say it’s just bad luck, but that is hardly comforting. So it is with a sense of grim determination that the ship has made the voyage for the last week. Everybody aboard is a professional and at least competent at what they do, so hopefully that will help. And you are going to need all the help you can get.

If that wasn’t clear already, it becomes crystal clear when
Captain T announces, “We’re going to try and avoid the Spawn where we land. Buckle up, it’s going to get very bumpy.” The ship enters the atmosphere and is rocked. Entry that should have taken only a few moments goes on and on and on. Seconds of terror for much of the crew. Alarm bells ring. The power flashes. And then even worse the alarm bells stop, despite the turbulence that persists. Finally you land, hard (no doubt causing more damage), on the surface. The fear abates and the engineers get to work under the watchful eye of Chief Engineer Tyrith.

But if the fear of turbulence isn’t enough it’s what happens as the emergency lights start to come on that really frightens people: there are sightings of Spawnlings. Not at all once, so people aren’t sure if there is more than one (though through later reexamination it becomes clear that there couldn’t be more than 3), but there was definitely a Spawnling aboard. And then there wasn’t.


Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 5 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Partially Operational: 10 units of water produced daily) 4 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Fully Operational(Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 100 units (Enough reserves for more then 5 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 0 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Damaged (Non Operational) 5 man cycles to repair
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – 5 phasers

Slave Pens – Damaged 2 man cycles to repair
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 7 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 16 people to sleep)

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - Alan T
First Officer - KWhit
Second Officer - Render
Security Chief - Hoopsguy
Ensign - Telle

Chief Engineer - Tyrith

Engineers
PurdueBrad
Danny
JeHeinz72


Trainer - mccollins

Medical Staff
Doctor - path 12
Medic - The Jackal

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl
Warden - Passacagalia
Galley Master - Schmidty
Slavemaster - Saldana
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty

Scientists

LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic


Privates

Claphamsa
Marc Vaughn
Chubby
bulletsponge


Slaves
20 slaves accounted for

Mrs. Schmidty 07-08-2008 09:56 AM

We made it! Now I'm off to work, but I'll be back in time for deadline.

PackerFanatic 07-08-2008 09:58 AM

Hooray for making it, even if we are a little banged up.

The slave pens definitely need to be fixed, because I for one don't want to have slaves all up in my face.

I am all for going on an away mission tonight.

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:02 AM

Whew, glad to see the edit on the sleeping quarters -- fighting for two beds would have been tough.

Telle 07-08-2008 10:07 AM

Sooo.. now what happens?

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:10 AM

We figure out what's our top priority to repair, and think about away teams -- that's where I'm thinking we should start.

mccollins 07-08-2008 10:12 AM

Not to get all weird and stuff, but can we not sleep together?
Tough times call for desperate measures and all!

mccollins 07-08-2008 10:13 AM

Who can fix stuff? Only our team of 4 engineers?

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1771626)
Not to get all weird and stuff, but can we not sleep together?
Tough times call for desperate measures and all!

No sleeping together, sorry
Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1771627)
Who can fix stuff? Only our team of 4 engineers?

Correct

PurdueBrad 07-08-2008 10:20 AM

Alright guys, so let's talk about repairs. IMO, although I didn't play the previous two games, I would think that the water unit, the engines, and (from what I've gathered about zombie slaves running all over the ship) the slave pens are likely our priorities (not necessarily in that order). I'm up for working on any of those, just let me know what we think.

PurdueBrad 07-08-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1771626)
Not to get all weird and stuff, but can we not sleep together?
Tough times call for desperate measures and all!



<------calls big spoon :lol:

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:23 AM

I know that someone already has mentioned the slave pen for repairs, but I don't think we should fix that today. Worst case if the slaves get out of hand I could kill them all off.. That is something that I would rather us not have to do just yet though, but it is possible if worst comes to worst.

I think the most important place to repair for today is the Security Headquarters. We need to get our weapons out of there for our safety as well as the other protection that gives us (Such as protection in the sleeping quarters, etc).

We have 3 engineers plus a chief engineer. There is a bonus of +1 when the chief engineer works with another engineer, so either way, we should be able to repair the Security HQ if they all work on it today.

As for an away team, we obviously have to get started at some point with our mission. I'm wondering how much we should limit our exposure to the spawn until we can get the HQ repaired by either making a smaller away team for today.

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1771639)
Alright guys, so let's talk about repairs. IMO, although I didn't play the previous two games, I would think that the water unit, the engines, and (from what I've gathered about zombie slaves running all over the ship) the slave pens are likely our priorities (not necessarily in that order). I'm up for working on any of those, just let me know what we think.



We have plenty of water for a few days for all of us, and our current water tank is producing at least some water. That doesn't seem to be a priority to me right now. The Engines only matter once we get closer to completing our mission and are ready to get off of this planet, and as I mentioned in my last post, the slave pens should be fixed, but I'm wondering if the HQ should be more of a priority than the slave pens.

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

We have 3 engineers plus a chief engineer. There is a bonus of +1 when the chief engineer works with another engineer, so either way, we should be able to repair the Security HQ if they all work on it today.

either way?

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771644)
I know that someone already has mentioned the slave pen for repairs, but I don't think we should fix that today. Worst case if the slaves get out of hand I could kill them all off.. That is something that I would rather us not have to do just yet though, but it is possible if worst comes to worst.


The slaves must be in their slave pens to be killed.

PurdueBrad 07-08-2008 10:26 AM

That's cool, I didn't quite realize how important the security HQ is. I'm up for working on that.

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:27 AM

BK -- who has the weapons now?

KWhit 07-08-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1771649)
The slaves must be in their slave pens to be killed.


Do they also have to be in their pens to go on an away mission?

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1771649)
The slaves must be in their slave pens to be killed.



Ahh it is the small details that always get you. Someone refresh my memory of what happens if the slaves do riot? Isn't it more damage to the ship? Or something worse? What are the chances of a riot, a percentage based on amount of damage or something else?

I still think repairing the Security HQ is a top priority, but I am open to other people's thoughts on the subject, and Tyrith and his crew of engineers should be able to provide their input on the subject too.

Once we get the security HQ repaired, the slave pens and the sleeping quarters are guarded each night which helps lessen the amount of coverage that our security team needs to perform. We also will get our weapons out and get access to the brig which also could be important.

KWhit 07-08-2008 10:33 AM

Barkeep: Exploration missions: Do they give a bonus to just a single future away mission, or all future away missions?

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:34 AM

Kwhit, if I remember right, last game you were an excellent captain that the majority of the people were pleased with. Do you have any thoughts or advise for how to get things going?

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1771655)
Do they also have to be in their pens to go on an away mission?

Yes. It should be noted that the slaves are currently in their pens.

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1771651)
BK -- who has the weapons now?

No one. They are inaccessible.

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1771657)
Barkeep: Exploration missions: Do they give a bonus to just a single future away mission, or all future away missions?

They give a decreasing bonus for a mission of that type (i.e. water, mining, other).

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1771661)
No one. They are inaccessible.


Do you mean that they're inaccessible because they're in the damaged weapons locker, or something else?

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1771663)
Do you mean that they're inaccessible because they're in the damaged weapons locker, or something else?


The weapons were in the weapons locker in the Security headquarters while we traveled to this planet. On landing, our security headquarters became damaged meaning we can't access the weapons locker. So we have to fix the security HQ in order to gain the weapons.

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771665)
The weapons were in the weapons locker in the Security headquarters while we traveled to this planet. On landing, our security headquarters became damaged meaning we can't access the weapons locker. So we have to fix the security HQ in order to gain the weapons.


Thanks -- I couldn't find that info anywhere, just making sure they weren't on people in the first place. Seems like getting to those is the best idea, then.

KWhit 07-08-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771658)
Kwhit, if I remember right, last game you were an excellent captain that the majority of the people were pleased with. Do you have any thoughts or advise for how to get things going?


I re-read the logs from Spawn 1 over the past day or two and one of the big things that helped that mission succeed was getting the hell off the planet as quickly as possible. I feel that we need to do whatever we can to minimize the time we spend on-planet.

So we mine like crazy, get enough Crystilium to get off this rock, and then launch. Along the way, we will have to repair a few essential areas, but our focus needs to be mining.

KWhit 07-08-2008 10:42 AM

I'm thinking that I start out by planning an exploration mission focused on finding good locations for mining.

oliegirl 07-08-2008 10:43 AM

I definitely think repairing the Security HQ should be our first priority. Without the weapons, we are defenseless against the Spawn and will never survive, let alone succeed in our mission.

hoopsguy 07-08-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Security Headquarters The Security HQ houses the weapons locker, the brig, and the ships’ security system. The security system protects the Slave Pens and Sleeping Quarters and automatically guards those places. If the Security HQ is undamaged neither place may be attacked by the Spawn. Any weapons not in the security locker will stay with whoever had them when the Security HQ became damaged. A successful spawn attack requires 3-7 man cycles of repair time.


OK, security system protects two areas - I think that is a new rule and makes repairing this a little more strategic.

Also, where are the phasers at tihs point? Do we need to repair this to have phasers to hand out? If so, this is a clear priority in my opinion.

hoopsguy 07-08-2008 10:45 AM

OK, question asked an answered while I typed my post. Security repairs is a real priority, in my opinion. Probably #1, as it feels like the Spawn are getting a free pass on N1 with their attack ... I don't want that to be a recurring issue.

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1771669)
I'm thinking that I start out by planning an exploration mission focused on finding good locations for mining.



If I remember right, don't you have to spend today's or tonight's turn planning the exploration mission which means it is not available until tommorrow? (ie: if we have any away teams today they won't be a planned team).

What I am wondering is what do you think about the idea of no away team today to limit the exposure to the spawn as we would be shooting in the dark anyways... Then today you spend one turn planning an away mission and do the same tonight.. So you would have two planned missions for tommorrow which you can lead one and the ensign lead the other?

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:46 AM

The phasers are locked in the now inaccessible Security HQ. They may be distributed once the Security HQ is fixed

hoopsguy 07-08-2008 10:47 AM

Also, I think that there should be some care taken in selecting the away team. The fact that they are going to be exposed means that they are likely a first candidate for votes, at least from where I sit.

So unless that first mission is uber-successful, I'm thinking that the people who "volunteer" for that mission are higher than average vote candidates for today.

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1771671)
OK, security system protects two areas - I think that is a new rule and makes repairing this a little more strategic.

Also, where are the phasers at tihs point? Do we need to repair this to have phasers to hand out? If so, this is a clear priority in my opinion.


The weapons were in the weapons locker in the Security headquarters while we traveled to this planet. On landing, our security headquarters became damaged meaning we can't access the weapons locker. So we have to fix the security HQ in order to gain the weapons.

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:47 AM

Any idea where the phasers are currently?

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771675)
If I remember right, don't you have to spend today's or tonight's turn planning the exploration mission which means it is not available until tommorrow? (ie: if we have any away teams today they won't be a planned team).

What I am wondering is what do you think about the idea of no away team today to limit the exposure to the spawn as we would be shooting in the dark anyways... Then today you spend one turn planning an away mission and do the same tonight.. So you would have two planned missions for tommorrow which you can lead one and the ensign lead the other?

You may plan and then go on that away mission in the same day.

PackerFanatic 07-08-2008 10:48 AM

Are the slaves just extra bodies to go on away missions? Extra bodies that aren't us, basically?

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1771682)
You may plan and then go on that away mission in the same day.



Ahh ok then. My memory is fuzzy on alot of this stuff :)

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771681)
Any idea where the phasers are currently?

See post 126.

Barkeep49 07-08-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1771683)
Are the slaves just extra bodies to go on away missions? Extra bodies that aren't us, basically?

Correct. Slaves can be killed on away missions, but not infected as Spawn.

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771681)
Any idea where the phasers are currently?


I'm a villager!!!!

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1771685)
See post 126.



I was kind of joking... my humor is obviously locked in the security HQ currently also!

PackerFanatic 07-08-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771689)
I was kind of joking... my humor is obviously locked in the security HQ currently also!


*rimshot*

Alan T 07-08-2008 10:52 AM

It seems logical while the slaves are alive and the slavemaster is around that we should take advantage of them daily for away teams...

if Saldana was to lead an away team of just slaves to mine and see if they get lucky

Kwhit could plan an exploration mission today as well, that might be a good start.

Could probably let Telle lead the away team that you plan the mission for Kwhit unless you are really dying to go.

PackerFanatic 07-08-2008 10:53 AM

Well if you guys want a scientist along on any of those, be it tonight or tomorrow, I am offering myself.

Passacaglia 07-08-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1771691)
It seems logical while the slaves are alive and the slavemaster is around that we should take advantage of them daily for away teams...

if Saldana was to lead an away team of just slaves to mine and see if they get lucky

Kwhit could plan an exploration mission today as well, that might be a good start.

Could probably let Telle lead the away team that you plan the mission for Kwhit unless you are really dying to go.


I like these ideas -- maybe Telle and KWhit leading small away teams? That way if something goes wrong, sabotage would be easier to identify.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.