Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

oliegirl 07-10-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1775847)
Nothing. What a jip. :(


*Slaps Ketchup Boy*

Was it any better coming from a woman???? ;)

hoopsguy 07-10-2008 06:01 PM

Olie, did you have an action last night?

Schmidty 07-10-2008 06:02 PM

Woke up earlier. Laid back down. Didn't wake up in time. So much to read. :(

hoopsguy 07-10-2008 06:06 PM

Guns - Olie, Schmidty (unless we believe Spawn can use private abilities like duplicant), and maybe Mrs Schmidty?

I think that third one is debatable. Mrs S has the best role with protect/spy options but I'm a smidge less confident in her than I am Saldana at the moment. If we are worried about the Brig we could give it to Pass, but that is probably lower on my list of concerns now.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1775861)
I've tried to get votes on you - that might have triggered an ability if more people folllowed :)


So really last night my vote on you could have been simply helping you to gain your special ability ;)

Schmidty 07-10-2008 06:06 PM

Ok. Here's what I got in my PMs - I guarded the Cargo hold, and bothing happened.

In addition, I am the Duplicant, and used my power last night to copy the Doctor's power. I checked out Render. He is not a Spawn.

RendeR 07-10-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1775864)
Olie, did you have an action last night?


She must have got some action last night, she's exhausted today ;)




*runs*

oliegirl 07-10-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1775864)
Olie, did you have an action last night?


I tried to sleep but there were no beds :(

I did post that earlier but it was when I was tired and cranky so you might have missed it...

Danny 07-10-2008 06:11 PM

So at this point assuming Path is cleared, Alan, Kwhit, Hoopsguy and Render are all cleared.

I might be putting a vote on Telle as well. She's the only officer that is not cleared and her response to hoopsguy today was very similar to her response when she got converted in the Rise of the great old ones game.

A very nonchalant, I don't really know why this person is saying this, but I know I was trying to sleep/sleeping kind of thing.

Alan T 07-10-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1775874)
I tried to sleep but there were no beds :(

I did post that earlier but it was when I was tired and cranky so you might have missed it...



Olie, you arent going to try to sleep tonight right? We kind of need you

Alan T 07-10-2008 06:12 PM

Pass, I've reconsidered.. I think going with Path, kwhit, Render and myself in the brig seems like hte best move if you agree

RendeR 07-10-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1775870)
Ok. Here's what I got in my PMs - I guarded the Cargo hold, and bothing happened.

In addition, I am the Duplicant, and used my power last night to copy the Doctor's power. I checked out Render. He is not a Spawn.



I love you man!

oliegirl 07-10-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1775872)
She must have got some action last night, she's exhausted today ;)




*runs*


LOL

Schmidty 07-10-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1775887)
I love you man!


The feeling is mutual!!! :D

oliegirl 07-10-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775881)
Olie, you arent going to try to sleep tonight right? We kind of need you


No. I was hoping to but saw your post asking me to guard something...Security HQ I think, I'll be submitting my PM shortly

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 06:15 PM

Catching up took forever so this amounts to a hit and run for now but I'll be on in an hour or so.

vote Telle

although the Chubby/MV dynamic is intriguing to try and get to the bottom of.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:17 PM

I like that vote right now the best as well. Of course, as always since we're still guessing, it could change.

Vote Telle

oliegirl 07-10-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1775868)
Guns - Olie, Schmidty (unless we believe Spawn can use private abilities like duplicant), and maybe Mrs Schmidty?

I think that third one is debatable. Mrs S has the best role with protect/spy options but I'm a smidge less confident in her than I am Saldana at the moment. If we are worried about the Brig we could give it to Pass, but that is probably lower on my list of concerns now.


What if we did me, Schmidty (to avoid his temper tantrum) and Saldana? If you are more confident in him, doesn't that make more sense?

oliegirl 07-10-2008 06:17 PM

Second request for a vote count :)

Danny 07-10-2008 06:18 PM

I think the reason he said Mrs. Schmidty is because Saldana can only guard the slave pens which probably are as important as some other areas tonight.

Alan T 07-10-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1775896)
What if we did me, Schmidty (to avoid his temper tantrum) and Saldana? If you are more confident in him, doesn't that make more sense?


The only thing is Saldana can only guard the slave pen which is already protected by the security HQ.. so giving him a phaser does nothing really right now. Once in space we want to consider moving him to a new positon

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775751)
To me, no. He was fishing to see if there was an emapth and if he could out him. I don't for a second think there's 2 empaths.


Why not?

Danny 07-10-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775898)
I think the reason he said Mrs. Schmidty is because Saldana can only guard the slave pens which probably are NOT as important as some other areas tonight.


Fixed

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1775759)
OK - I have SEVEN pages of posts to catch up on, and I'm back to work in less than 5 minutes so it's going to take a little while.

Hoops, please let me know (if you haven't already done so) who you would like me to hand phasers to tonight and I'll get that order in. I am going to get my PM in for sleep early tonight so hopefully I'll get a bed...I'm willing to share if any of you cute men in uniform would like to join me ;)


I don't know if it's the best idea to blindly trust hoops at this point.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775768)
No offense taken at all - this is only my second try at WW (and the first time I died off fairly quickly) and this is a very hardcore game ... fun, confusing but hardcore ... not quite used to having every comment I make micro-analysed, especially as I'm only paying half attention while trying to work.


Um...don't you post on the SI boards?

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775906)
Um...don't you post on the SI boards?


LOL :D

Yeah I do and yeah that does happen - but I'm fairly familiar with our games whereas WW is something new to me ..

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1775780)
Vote Telle

My head just might explode.


So all the stuff between Chubby and Marc Vaughan makes you unvote hoopsguy, and vote Telle? Did you forget what side you were on? ;)

Danny 07-10-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775911)
So all the stuff between Chubby and Marc Vaughan makes you unvote hoopsguy, and vote Telle? Did you forget what side you were on? ;)


I didn't vote with the chubby/Marc Vaughn either. I really don't trust one over the other at this point and think it's very possible there are two ensigns.

I did just think of something though, let me find the post again that came to mind.

oliegirl 07-10-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775904)
I don't know if it's the best idea to blindly trust hoops at this point.


Well no one else seems to have a problem with his choices. But if I were to listen to you, who would you have me give them to?

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775886)
Pass, I've reconsidered.. I think going with Path, kwhit, Render and myself in the brig seems like hte best move if you agree


You had considered before? I must have missed it. I haven't been on my game much today, and this seems fine to me at first glance. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Danny 07-10-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775765)
Ok I'm not totally confused - apparently my ability failed or 'something' ...

I can't determine whether the statement is true or not -

I have no idea what that means I can only think of two conclusions -
* You're the mind spawn thingy and ate my power
* The 'unaware spawn' isn't aware they're a spawn and you aren't 100% sure if you are one or not (I don't know if they do know it in game or whether they know they're spawn just can't use their abilities during the day - couldn't work it out from the description, sorry - anyone know?).
* Something else - probably an ambigiuty in the wording?

The statement I scanned was:
"I am not a spawn, I have never been a spawn, I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn."

You're quite correct in that I check just now and it does indicate I can only use the ability twice - which I have now done (not sure where I got once per day from, probably senility).
At least on the bright side if you lynch me I'm already out of my ability now.

(incidentally if I was really a spawn and trying a 'ploy' I'd surely have read the power description more clearly? :D)


Here is MV's result of the scan of something Chubby said.

MV could not understand whether the following statement was true or not
"I am not a spawn, I have never been a spawn, I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn."

If one of these statements were true, for example "I am not the unaware spawn, wouldn't it make the answer to the question "I can't determine whether the statement is true or not " make sense if the answer to another part of the question, for example "I am not a spawn" was false. Honestly, this makes sense a lot of sense to me, that one or more of the things Chubby said here was true and one or more false.

Of course this is assuming MV is not a spawn.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775913)
I didn't vote with the chubby/Marc Vaughn either. I really don't trust one over the other at this point and think it's very possible there are two ensigns.

I did just think of something though, let me find the post again that came to mind.


The thing is that heinz had his vote on hoops before the MVC shitstorm. During that shitstorm, he unvotes hoops, then after the shitstorm, he votes for Telle -- the other side of the HGT shiststorm. It might just be that path scanned hoops in between those, though.

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 06:34 PM

Engineers:

Overnight, I would like to see Tyrith, myself, and JEHeinz work on the engines. This gives us one extra manpower hour than needed which I think is a good idea.

I would like to see Danny pair up with Claphamsa on the water supply.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1775914)
Well no one else seems to have a problem with his choices. But if I were to listen to you, who would you have me give them to?


I usually keep away from trying to convince people what to do when I'm a potential candidate to have it done to. My advice is to do what YOU want.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:35 PM

I do, I would rather be with the largest group of engineers in order to best use my power.

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775925)
I do, I would rather be with the largest group of engineers in order to best use my power.


That's fine, than make it you, me and Tyrith with Heinz and Claphamsa paired up.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775919)
Here is MV's result of the scan of something Chubby said.

MV could not understand whether the following statement was true or not
"I am not a spawn, I have never been a spawn, I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn."

If one of these statements were true, for example "I am not the unaware spawn, wouldn't it make the answer to the question "I can't determine whether the statement is true or not " make sense if the answer to another part of the question, for example "I am not a spawn" was false. Honestly, this makes sense a lot of sense to me, that one or more of the things Chubby said here was true and one or more false.

Of course this is assuming MV is not a spawn.


It's tough, because Chubby didn't use an 'and' or an 'or' in his sentence. Maybe it was hard to figure out what the sentence really meant?

Chubby 07-10-2008 06:37 PM

So far I've used it only to verify that the doc did indeed clear Alan (ie. he's definitely clear and safe). - MV

Is what I am empathing.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1775923)
Engineers:

Overnight, I would like to see Tyrith, myself, and JEHeinz work on the engines. This gives us one extra manpower hour than needed which I think is a good idea.

I would like to see Danny pair up with Claphamsa on the water supply.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?


It would make more sense to me for me to be in the engine and you with Clap, though, I wouldn't be against all four of us working in the engine considering we are all exhausted and some repairs might fail.

If we do go 3 and 2 though, I would like to be with Tyrith and Jeheinz to get an even better feel for them.

claphamsa 07-10-2008 06:38 PM

I will work with heinze on the water! toommorow i have put in an order to shadow tyrith.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775927)
It's tough, because Chubby didn't use an 'and' or an 'or' in his sentence. Maybe it was hard to figure out what the sentence really meant?


It's possible, I wish MV would have scanned a different statement.

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 06:38 PM

Danny, have you worked with Claph yet? I know you've been with me, Tyrith, and Heinz at least once each.

You might be right though, in the risk of failure go with four of us on the engines. I hadn't taken the exhaustion problem into account.

So if we put four people on the engines and one on the water, how would you like to break it up?

claphamsa 07-10-2008 06:39 PM

i have put an order in to work on the water...... see yalls monday ({unless i can steal wifi on saturday!)

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775928)
So far I've used it only to verify that the doc did indeed clear Alan (ie. he's definitely clear and safe). - MV

Is what I am empathing.


As long as it's okay to assume what 'it' is, you should be good.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:40 PM

I'm more likely to find a spawn the more times I am with someone, so having Clap be the one left out would make the most sense as I will learn more from being with any of you three then with Claph unless he is a spawn and I get lucky.

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 06:40 PM

That works Danny. So it'll be the original four of us on the engines and we'll leave Claph on the water supply (plus it'll be easy to watch progress there).

Danny 07-10-2008 06:43 PM

That sound good PB. Jeheinz and I thought we would do that earlier and he sent in his order already as well.

oliegirl 07-10-2008 06:44 PM

Gah!

Third request for a vote count...anyone????

Danny 07-10-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775927)
It's tough, because Chubby didn't use an 'and' or an 'or' in his sentence. Maybe it was hard to figure out what the sentence really meant?


After more thinking on this, I still think that if all of those statements were either true or false, that he would have gotten that as an answer. If MV is telling the truth, it still seems to me that not all of those statements have the same answer.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1775942)
Gah!

Third request for a vote count...anyone????


It's so many pages to look through, as a guess Telle has about five, Mark Vaughn about 3 and I'm not sure about any others.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.