Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   New league forming and other stuff (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=90153)

Kodos 03-25-2015 03:15 PM

New league forming and other stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3013432)
I think we start a 3rd dynasty, haha.. Created cupcake teams, all from Alaska, all replacing independent teams. No ladder/pyramid, no conference changes. Can only recruit 2 stars and under. I think this would increase the challenge permanently while adding some interesting wrinkles in other ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3013434)
In fact, I think I might try doing this in a solo career.. ought to be interesting.

So JR's posts got me to thinking. It's not a big secret that the Pyramid hasn't caught my interest quite like I hoped it would. For whatever reason, I'm having a hard time developing a real affinity for my Florida Atlantic squad, even though we had a much more successful season last year. If and when JR takes over as commish, I will play out that season and then most likely resign from the Pyramid. (None of this affects The Ladder). If nobody takes over as commish, I will keep the Pyramid going, but probably put my team on autopilot or something like that due to time constraints.

I think part of the problem is that I compromised too much in the formation of the league, and bargained away the parts that I liked best. So here is my stab at making a league that combines multiple goals that I've had for NCAA 2014 ODs.

1. I love the teams of IHOF, but I don't want to play FOF anymore. It's just not my thing. This new league will feature a conference of teambuildered versions of IHOF teams. All human teams would come from that list, and once it starts, nobody else will be allowed to join. Any team that isn't human-controlled will be given a strong roster and good pitches. Here's a peek at the teams that this league would feature.

My team in this league will be my beloved Rochester Lake Monsters.

2. Users will be on even footing to start. Each team will start with the same crappy roster located in the same crappy recruiting state. Which state is negotiable, but it will be a crappy recruiting state. I suggest New York. CPU-controlled teams will be located in their regular state (Brooklyn in New York, Chesapeake in Virginia, etc.)

3. Recruiting will be limited to 2 stars and below.

4. All user Coaches will get a low number of points to start off (5 or less, with the exact number open to negotiation). Progression speed will be one of the two lowest settings.

5. For consistency, we'll use the same gameplay sliders that the other two leagues use, although I'm open to shorter quarters to limit stat-whoring.

6. We'll either have a 12-team conference with 2 divisions , or a 10-team conference where every team plays everyone else in the league with a round-robin 9-game conference schedule.

7. When in doubt, I will lean toward making it more challenging for humans.

8. To accommodate the possibility of more human vs. human games, this league will probably move somewhat slower at times.

9. No transfer ins can be accepted, and all players wishing to leave early must be allowed to do so.

Eaglesfan27 03-25-2015 03:43 PM

I am in. I would love Asheville.

Kodos 03-25-2015 03:48 PM

Excellent. They are yours. :)

With that, this league is officially going to happen. All I needed was at least one other owner.

Julio Riddols 03-25-2015 04:59 PM

Orlando for reals. And I definitely vote for 2 stars and below.. I would make an exception for juco guys, but I think that would be too hard to keep track of. We just have to confirm that there is enough 2 star and lower talent to feed our teams.

Kodos 03-25-2015 05:03 PM

Excellent.

CU Tiger 03-25-2015 05:24 PM

Interesting. I like a lot.
Need to think on it though. The all head to head format would probably be tough with my schedule.

Can I reserve the Tigers with the caveat that I may ultimately not be able to join.

Kodos 03-25-2015 05:29 PM

Yep.

Depending on the number of people, it may not be that different.

Julio Riddols 03-25-2015 05:33 PM

Player pool count by position based on 2 star setup:

QB: 29 2*, 21 1*
RB: 30 2*, 20 1*
FB: 21 2*, 36 1*
WR: 53 2*, 44 1*
TE: 27 2*, 13 1*
T: 48 2*, 38 1*
G: 56 2*, 48 1*
C: 28 2*, 19 1*

Judging by this, it appears there are more than enough potential recruits. I like the idea of us battling over a smaller pool of less talented players and trying to make something out of a bunch of 2 star nobodies.

Kodos 03-25-2015 05:36 PM

I do wonder about walkons in the 2-star scenario. They might be better than recruited players.

Kodos 03-25-2015 07:07 PM

To look at the uniforms for each team, go to TeamBuilder | NCAA Football | EASports.com and log in. Click on My Teams, enter Kodos For Prez in the Author field, and choose NCAA 2014 for the year. If you would like tweaks to a uniform, let me know. Or if there is an IHOF team you'd like me to re-create that I haven't made already, we can try to do that. All of the cool team designs are cuervo's.

Julio Riddols 03-25-2015 08:24 PM

I wouldn't mind having the Orlando Talons instead of the Knights.

Kodos 03-25-2015 08:54 PM

I couldn't find the Talons logo, so I made a substitute classic Atlanta Falcons logo. See what you think of it. (I'm not a star with this stuff.)

Julio Riddols 03-25-2015 09:00 PM

I can live with that.

Kodos 03-25-2015 09:13 PM

Do you like the blue or white helmet better? I'll make the preferred one the primary.

Julio Riddols 03-25-2015 09:36 PM

blue primary, white alternate sounds good.

Blue jersey, black pants, plenty of white mixed in.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 03:12 AM

Hey Kodos.. Ted Wolf looks like a future star, haha. I dig the unis except for the name on the front of the jerseys. I don't mind leaving that part blank.

Don't forget to cupcake our teams before starting this thing though. I think it would kind of render the first 4 or 5 seasons moot to start with any kind of real talent.

Kodos 03-26-2015 06:34 AM

Yeah. Haven't gotten that far yet. These were all made for a solo league that I rarely have time to play where I edited in actual IHOF players associated with each team. Ted Wolf is an IHOF Hall-of-Famer.

Kodos 03-26-2015 08:01 AM

The site is not letting me save changes.

If you'd like, you can pick out jerseys and pant styles that you like, tell me the numbers, and I'll put those in for you the next time the site is working.

MacroGuru 03-26-2015 08:36 AM

Call me a maybe on this one. I don't know when I will have access to the web after this weekend and do not know when I will have internet at the new place.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 3013622)

If you'd like, you can pick out jerseys and pant styles that you like, tell me the numbers, and I'll put those in for you the next time the site is working.

I can do that.

Eaglesfan27 03-26-2015 09:06 AM

Very excited for this league. I love the idea of starting with true cupcakes and handicapping us.

CU Tiger 03-26-2015 09:27 AM

Just a random thought. You need to make a rule that transfer ins are not allowed. Otherwise with the cupcake team studs will be coming in every year.

Also the interesting part is going to be Jucos.
I know I lost a 2 start 82 OVR Juco LB last season in The Pyramid.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 09:35 AM

You can get good players, but you only get em for 2 years usually. I think it makes weighing the options between a Juco guy and a true freshman more interesting.

Kodos 03-26-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3013663)
Just a random thought. You need to make a rule that transfer ins are not allowed. Otherwise with the cupcake team studs will be coming in every year.

Also the interesting part is going to be Jucos.
I know I lost a 2 start 82 OVR Juco LB last season in The Pyramid.

I think we'll have no transfers in, and you have to let anyone go who wants to.

CU Tiger 03-26-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3013669)
You can get good players, but you only get em for 2 years usually. I think it makes weighing the options between a Juco guy and a true freshman more interesting.

Agreed. That was what I mant by interesting. :D

Kodos 03-26-2015 12:31 PM

After poking around a bit, I think we should use Georgia State for our rosters. Any other suggestions? I would also want to edit the top 2 QBs speed and acceleration ratings down to 60 to make QB scrambles more difficult.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 12:42 PM

I was thinking just make them all cupcakes. If Georgia State is worse though, we can do that.

Kodos 03-26-2015 12:55 PM

Ga State is worse than the cupcake roster.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 3013622)

Helmet: Stripe 3 - Blue helmet, black mid stripe, white double stripe, black facemask/chin strap

Jersey: Stripe 23 - Blue Jersey, Black Numbers/white outline, black thick stripe/white trim. Logo on center of chest.

Pants: Stripe 34 - Black pants, white trim. blue belt. Fancy.

--

Alternate home jersey: Stripe 33 - Black jersey, blue numbers/white outline. topmost stripe white, bottom stripe blue.

Alt Pants: Stripe 34 - Blue pants, white trim. black belt. Karate.

I know I am being way too particular about this.

Eaglesfan27 03-26-2015 02:40 PM

Looking forward to games against the cpu where it is going to be a genuine struggle to win.

Kodos 03-26-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3013788)
Helmet: Stripe 3 - Blue helmet, black mid stripe, white double stripe, black facemask/chin strap

Jersey: Stripe 23 - Blue Jersey, Black Numbers/white outline, black thick stripe/white trim. Logo on center of chest.

--

Alternate home jersey: Stripe 33 - Black jersey, blue numbers/white outline. topmost stripe white, bottom stripe blue.

No problem. I am VERY particular about these things myself. My theory is that anything that helps with immersion is good. One of my problems with FAU was that I hated their uniforms.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 3013822)
Looking forward to games against the cpu where it is going to be a genuine struggle to win.

My thoughts as well. My game with Wyoming in the pyramid inspired this idea.

Kodos 03-26-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3013788)

--

Okay, I tried to do this as close as possible. I have no control over belt color. I took the numbers off of the sleeves on the alt jerseys. I gave you Georgia State's roster. We'll need to figure out what to do about pitches.

Kodos 03-26-2015 07:43 PM

I've changed Asheville's roster as well now. EF and JR , feel free to download and test out the teams. EF, if you have uniform preferences, let me know.

Kodos 03-26-2015 07:46 PM

Not changing other rosters until we confirm guys are in. I have customized rosters, and don't want to erase my changes for someone who opts not to play. :)

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 07:58 PM

Make us F's across the board except for B's in education and C+ in campus lifestyle.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 3013940)
I've changed Asheville's roster as well now. ER and JR , feel free to download and test out the teams. EF, if you have uniform preferences, let me know.

Nailed it. This will be the team I use in my solo dynasty.

Julio Riddols 03-26-2015 08:06 PM

Oh wow, the Ga. State roster is terrible. I love it.

Kodos 03-26-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3013947)
Nailed it. This will be the team I use in my solo dynasty.

You appear to like hard-to-read numbers on your jerseys. ;)

Kodos 03-26-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3013945)
Make us F's across the board except for B's in education and C+ in campus lifestyle.

Sounds good. EF, do you agree?

Eaglesfan27 03-26-2015 08:35 PM

Sure. Sounds good to me.

Eaglesfan27 03-26-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 3013940)
I've changed Asheville's roster as well now. ER and JR , feel free to download and test out the teams. EF, if you have uniform preferences, let me know.

No uniform preferences. For me, that isn't the key to rebuilding the mighty Asheville Axemen :)

Kodos 03-26-2015 08:45 PM

Very well, then. :)

Julio Riddols 03-27-2015 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 3013956)
You appear to like hard-to-read numbers on your jerseys. ;)

I like em to pop. Your eyes out.

Kodos 03-27-2015 07:50 AM

I'm hoping to launch this as early as this weekend. Need to work out alignments and whatnot.

CU Tiger 03-27-2015 08:35 AM

How many are in right now?

Kodos 03-27-2015 08:46 AM

Me, EF, and JR. Macro is a maybe.

Kodos 03-27-2015 01:06 PM

The sooner you two (CU and Macro) can let me know either way, the better. :)

Kodos 03-27-2015 01:09 PM

I've decided to go with a 10-team division. That will give us 9 conference games (round robin). Plus, I will add 2 more IHOF teams as independents or as members of an existing conference (wherever they fit best).

American Conf

Orlando JR
Rochester Me
Asheville EF27
Maassluis - Macro
Tucker? CU?
N. Plainfield
Chesapeake
Syracuse
Frederick
Vicksburg

Fairbanks and San Luis Obispo to the MWC

MacroGuru 03-27-2015 02:05 PM

Massluis,

But I won't be up and ready for at least 2 - 3 weeks.