Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf X: Warring Families And A Madman. (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=41227)

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 06:17 AM

Werewolf X: Warring Families And A Madman.

Uh. I wanted to try moderating a Werewolf game. Care to help me out? :) I need 15 players in this one. This is a variation of the Werewolf Game, called Mafia.

Backstory: You all live in a small village in Sicily, there have been rumors that contingents of two Mafia families exist within your small village, but it has not bothered you until you discover that there is a gold deposit located to the south of the village. It will surely bring prosperity to your village, and the money would help alleviate the lives of everyone. This alerts the two Mafia families, and they immediately set forth to take over the village, and the gold.

Roles:

DeLena Family:

Victory Condition: The family wants gold, and you need to deliver. You know that the Santadio family is shacked up in the village, you just don't know who they are. You must kill all members of the opposing family, AND gain a 1-1 ratio with the villagers. Your family can choose one person to kill each night.

2 Soldiers - Basic grunts. No Skill.
1 Lieutenant - Special Skill: Once per night, you can check to see who is an investigator (you will know if he is the investigator for your family or not)..

Santadio Family:

Victory Condition: The family wants gold and you need to deliver. know that the DeLena family is shacked up in the village, you just don't know who they are. You must kill all members of the opposing family, AND gain a 1-1 ratio with the villagers. Your family can choose one person to kill each night.

2 Soldiers - Basic grunts. No Skill.
1 Lieutenant - Special Skill: Once per night, you can check to see who is an investigator (you will know if he is the investigator for your family or not).

Local Police:

The Local Police know who each other are, but they have gone undercover so as to avoid detection by the families.

Victory Condition: Both families must be killed.

1 Officer - Can choose to protect one person from being killed each night. Can choose self, cannot choose the same person in consecutive nights.

1 DeLena Investigator - Once per night, you can check to see who is a part of the DeLena Family.

1 Santadio Investigator - Once per night, you can check to see who is a part of the Santadio Family.

Villagers:

Victory Condition: You must kill all the mafia members, and aid the police to ensure that the Village gets that gold. Try not to get the cops killed. ;)

5 Regular Villagers - You are all regular villagers. No skills, sorry.... or am I telling the truth? :)

1 Serial Killer - As if things weren't bad enough. There is supposedly a madman on the loose within the village. You have one objective. Survive. If the villagers or one of the Mafia Families win, you automatically win. You are counted as a Villager. You have two choices each night, A. Kill someone or B. Protect yourself from being killed. You cannot choose the same option two nights in a row.

Special Roles:

There is at least one special role in the game that nobody in the Village knows about. Remember AT LEAST one. :)

---------------

RULES:

I know it might seem like the odds are against the villagers, but I'm yet to finalize my rules. Sorry it's my first time. :)

Dawn Phase - Whoever's dead will be discovered, his room will be rummaged and his role revealed.

Day Phase - Everyone decides to vote on who to "throw down the well". There's a big well in the middle of town... and well, if you fall in you don't climb back out. :) Once someone is thrown down the well, his room is rummaged and his role is revealed.

Night Phase - The Lieutenants and Investigators do their views, the Officer does his protect, the Mafia do their killing, The Serial Killer decides which path to pursue. (You all send in your PMs)

Addt'l Rules:

- If a target is selected to be killed at night by multiple factions, the two factions spook each other off, the target lives and no kill happens.

- Roles will be revealed upon death.

- The family members don't know who the members of the opposing family are. Family members may PM amongst themselves.

- The Local Police know who each other are, AND may PM amongst themselves. They ARE to be considered as Villagers in the count.

-----------------

I think I covered it all. Obviously, this will be an interaction-based Werewolf game... relying less on me sending PM's, but you guys determining who your peers are. Usual times used in the X-Com Werewolf game will probably apply.

As soon as we get 15 guys to sign up, I'll start with Night 0, no kills allowed as of yet, only the Investigators and Lieutenants can use their night powers. :)

(edited to add the last 2 Addt'l rules and family descriptions, and I edited a bit about how lynching is going to be done.)

-----------

Participants:

1. ardent enthusiast - Santadio Grunt, (Lynched Day 2)
2. henry296 - Villager, Mason (Killed by Santadio Mafia Night 4)
3. KevinNU - Villager, Mason (Killed by DeLena Mafia Night 3)
4. KWhit - DeLena Grunt, (Killed by Santadio Mafia Night 1)
5. Eaglesfan27 - Santadio Lieutenant, (Lynched Day 4)
6. Mr. Wednesday
7. Superman=#54
8. Schmidty - Officer, turned DeLena Grunt (Killed by Santadio Mafia Night 3)
9. Qwikshot
10. MrBug708 - DeLena Lieutenant, (Killed by Serial Killer Night 2)
11. dubb93 - Villager, one of two Brothers (Lynched Day 1)
12. kingfc22 - Santadio Grunt (Killed by DeLena Mafia Night 4)
13. SnDvls - Villager, one of the two Brothers (Killed by DeLena Mafia Night 1)
14. GeorgeWBush - Santadio Investigator (Lynched Day 3)
15. Blade6119

SirFozzie 08-01-2005 06:23 AM

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

(runs away) :D

Poli 08-01-2005 07:12 AM

Sign me up. I hope Schmidty signs up, I need to have him killed again.

KevinNU7 08-01-2005 07:40 AM

I told myself I would take some time off, but I really like this format!

Question, do the families get to PM each other? Do they know who each other are?

henry296 08-01-2005 08:04 AM

I'll participate in this one after sitting the last couple out.

KWhit 08-01-2005 08:31 AM

I'll play.

Eaglesfan27 08-01-2005 08:53 AM

I really like the format. I'll play.

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 09:30 AM

To answer Kevin NU, the families don't know who the members of the opposite family are. They can only PM their own family members. I forgot to add that the Local Police can also PM each other to coordinate. :)

Mr. Wednesday 08-01-2005 09:38 AM

This looks pretty interesting. Count me in.

Superman=#54 08-01-2005 09:39 AM

This is a unique game of werewolf.

Count me in.

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

(runs away) :D

I know you want in Foz. :)

Schmidty 08-01-2005 11:25 AM

I'll be in, just so I can be killed by AE. :)

Qwikshot 08-01-2005 11:28 AM

I'll be your huckleberry.

MrBug708 08-01-2005 11:28 AM

Why not...;)

KevinNU7 08-01-2005 12:05 PM

**aims at bottle**

MrBug708 08-01-2005 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwikshot

Why darling, Johnny Ringo's an educated man. How I really hate him now

Poli 08-01-2005 12:30 PM

I want to be an axe murderer. If Schmidty dies on day one, my role is revealed. :)

Huckleberry 08-01-2005 01:34 PM

Not playing, although it sounds fun. Wanted to throw some ideas out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwikshot

No, I'm Huckleberry. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
1 Serial Killer - As if things weren't bad enough. There is supposedly a madman on the loose within the village. You have one objective. Survive. If the villagers or one of the Mafia Families win, you automatically win. You are counted as a Villager. You have two choices each night, A. Kill someone or B. Protect yourself from being killed. You cannot choose the same option two nights in a row.

Should it be that he can't choose the same three nights in a row? With only two options, he's locked in to his choice for every night after the first.

KevinNU7 08-01-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huckleberry
[
Should it be that he can't choose the same three nights in a row? With only two options, he's locked in to his choice for every night after the first.

He could chose neither one night to open things back up for him the following night

dubb93 08-01-2005 05:54 PM

sigh....i'll play, I actually thought about starting Werewolf X, and going back to the basics with a few changes. Who knows, I may start a game once this is over and Peregrine's game gets going good. I do have 2 and a half weeks vacation starting on Friday.

SnDvls 08-01-2005 05:58 PM

I'd like in to give it a try. Newbie to these games, but they look fun.

kingfc22 08-01-2005 06:04 PM

I guess I'll play too, since Peregrine's game doesn't start for a week or so.

Joe 08-01-2005 06:13 PM

I'm back for more

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 07:33 PM

One more slot to fill. After that, I'm distributing roles, and we can start with Night 0.

Blade6119 08-01-2005 08:01 PM

IM IN!!!

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 08:20 PM

Alright! 15 Guys. I'm going to start sending roles through PM. Kindly read through the rules above once more (I made a few changes, specifically, the inclusion of several 'special' roles), and check the Player list. :)

Thos guys with seer-type roles (Investigators, Lieutenants) can send me a list of who they want to view as soon as they get their roles.

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 08:44 PM

Roles have been sent out. It is officially Night(0), seer-types, kindly send in your views. As soon as I get all of them, Day (1) will officially begin. :)

kingfc22 08-01-2005 08:46 PM

Woot! Another WW game. Err...Mafia game.

Schmidty 08-01-2005 08:50 PM

I'm here and raring to go!!!!

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 09:21 PM

Since we started this a bit late, night actions for Night(0) will be due tommorow morning at 9 AM, EDT.

Day (1) will then start.

Voting Deadlines for lynching will be at 9PM, EDT.

KevinNU7 08-01-2005 09:25 PM

9pm jesus

Blade6119 08-01-2005 09:31 PM

Hell ya, lets do this...LEEEERRRRROOOOYYYY JJEEENNNKKKIINNSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Poli 08-01-2005 09:47 PM

Time to get my random number generator ready.

dubb93 08-01-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Time to get my random number generator ready.

You really want to try that again?

Poli 08-01-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93
You really want to try that again?

Heck yeah!

Blade6119 08-01-2005 09:54 PM

lol ardent...you already starting the mindgames...damn, i want a stress free night before i get the usual 12 million votes against me

SnDvls 08-01-2005 11:06 PM

Test to see how the time lines up out here in AZ with the board time.

Blade6119 08-01-2005 11:09 PM

sun dvls, you set your own board time when you sign up..if not, you can edit it in user profile...since your here in phoenix with me, it basically mean 7 our time if im not mistaken...since were mountain right now...6 when we go back to pacific

Neon_Chaos 08-01-2005 11:11 PM

It's about 12:10 AM EDT right now. The time here in the Philippines is exactly 12 hours in advance. So it's 12:10 PM here in the Philippines right now... just removed from lunch. :)

SnDvls 08-01-2005 11:15 PM

I just wasn't sure if the time it shows for everyone's post is my time or their time, but I got it now. It's my time (or our time in Blade's case). I just need to remember to take off 2 hours for eastern time.

Mr. Wednesday 08-01-2005 11:31 PM

I think this board will let you turn off DST. Here in Indiana, we are similarly enlightened on lack of DST, although we won't be after this summer. :(

Mr. Wednesday 08-01-2005 11:32 PM

And, er, yeah, typically times are EDT.

Superman=#54 08-01-2005 11:32 PM

Good luck all! Oh, and let the mindgames begin.

Mr. Wednesday 08-01-2005 11:39 PM

I'm looking forward to it. It'll be interesting trying to sort out members of both families, with them looking to kill each other, the police, and us as well. :eek:

MrBug708 08-01-2005 11:49 PM

So this isn't really werewolf but Hunt for the Gold/Find the Serial Killer/Dont die instead?

Got it.

Is their trout in the Well?

Raven 08-02-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBug708
Is their trout in the Well?

Whose trout?

MrBug708 08-02-2005 12:11 AM

Heh...my bad

Mr. Wednesday 08-02-2005 12:19 AM

Dunno about trout, but I did toss in a couple of piranhas to make sure that anybody who goes down, stays down. :p

KevinNU7 08-02-2005 07:11 AM

I'm looking forward to this game and the secret roles

Neon_Chaos 08-02-2005 08:12 AM

You all wake up in the morning, and are shocked to find that the Village Mayor, Neon_Chaos has been murdered last night. He was the only person who probably knew everyone in town... last night he mention something about two Mafia families in town, hiding policemen and a madman on the loose. Most of you easily dismissed his suspicions, after all, it was probably the thought of all that unmined gold that was swirling in his head. Now he's dead... shot with a single bullet below the chin. Accusations are hurled... and you all feel that someone will have to be blamed... the gold is far too important for the Mafia to take over... the village needs the money... someone will die at the end of this day. You pray that it is not you.

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN. Voting Deadline is at 9PM EDT.