Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kevin Spacey forced out of closet (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=93429)

Thomkal 10-30-2017 08:55 AM

Kevin Spacey forced out of closet

after accusations of molestation became public:

Kevin Spacey comes out as gay Anthony Rapp accusation - Business Insider

JPhillips 10-30-2017 09:10 AM

Or, comes out in order to distract from molestation charges.

It's getting to the point where it's safer to assume anyone famous is a garbage human until proven otherwise.

Thomkal 10-30-2017 09:13 AM

yep exactly or give an excuse for them..oh I was drunk and confused about my sexuality...

miami_fan 10-30-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 3181637)
Or, comes out in order to distract from molestation charges.

+1

Butter 10-30-2017 10:14 AM

This is probably not a great time to come out, but at the same time, if he doesn't say anything he looks like a dick. If he just says "I didn't do it", he looks like a dick. If he just says, "I'm sorry this happened" with no surrounding context, he looks like a dick.

I guess the moral is, don't attack a minor and you won't look like a dick.

molson 10-30-2017 10:30 AM

Seth Macfarlane tried to warn us about both Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein

Family Guy Kevin Spacey - YouTube

Seth MacFarlane Calls Out Harvey Weinstein Back In 2013 - YouTube

stevew 10-30-2017 02:36 PM

No excuses for inappropriate behavior but Kevin Spacey was approximately 26 years old when this happened and the kid was what 14? I know that 26 year olds and 14 year olds should not be together but the headline makes it sound like it was 50 some year old Kevin Spacey forcing himself on a 14 year old boy.

The actor Anthony Rapp accused the "House of Cards" star Kevin Spacey, 58, of making a sexual advance toward him when Rapp was 14, in 1986.

At least state Spacey's age then, too

Logan 10-30-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 3181700)
No excuses for inappropriate behavior but Kevin Spacey was approximately 26 years old when this happened and the kid was what 14? I know that 26 year olds and 14 year olds should not be together but the headline makes it sound like it was 50 some year old Kevin Spacey forcing himself on a 14 year old boy.

The actor Anthony Rapp accused the "House of Cards" star Kevin Spacey, 58, of making a sexual advance toward him when Rapp was 14, in 1986.

At least state Spacey's age then, too

Why? It should quite literally make no difference in the eyes of anyone, unless you want to differentiate between "creepy old hebephile" and just the Plain Jane "creepy hebephile" for some reason.

cuervo72 10-30-2017 02:44 PM

If Spacey would have been a hot teacher...

larrymcg421 10-30-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3181666)
Seth Macfarlane tried to warn us about both Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein

Family Guy Kevin Spacey - YouTube

Seth MacFarlane Calls Out Harvey Weinstein Back In 2013 - YouTube

Reminds me of how Tina Fey had jokes about Cosby on both 30 Rock and SNL.

It almost seems like we might be able to find out other perpetrators by looking at old sitcoms/sketch/stand-up acts for jokes that may have just seemed random at the time.

ISiddiqui 10-30-2017 02:47 PM

*hebephile

And did Spacey know Rapp's age at the time (they were both fellow cast members in a Broadway production, I think) is important to find out as well.

larrymcg421 10-30-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 3181709)
*hebephile

And did Spacey know Rapp's age at the time (they were both fellow cast members in a Broadway production, I think) is important to find out as well.

Well if he didn't, that certainly would've been a better defense from him than "I don't remember, but I'm gay."

ISiddiqui 10-30-2017 02:52 PM

Well if he didn't remember doing it, then he probably didn't remember if he knew Rapp's age ;).

Logan 10-30-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISiddiqui (Post 3181709)
*hebephile

Apologies.

stevew 10-30-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 3181705)
Why? It should quite literally make no difference in the eyes of anyone, unless you want to differentiate between "creepy old pedophile" and just the Plain Jane "creepy pedophile" for some reason.

Come on man there's a huge difference between saying that a 26-27 year old was with a 14 year old which is fucking creepy as hell and saying that a 58 year old was with a 14 year old. All the article had to say was Spacey then 27, made an inappropriate Advance towards Rapp, then 14

Logan 10-30-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 3181714)
Come on man there's a huge difference between saying that a 26-27 year old was with a 14 year old which is fucking creepy as hell and saying that a 58 year old was with a 14 year old. All the article had to say was Spacey then 27, made an inappropriate Advance towards Rapp, then 14

Good luck with that.

CrescentMoonie 10-30-2017 08:46 PM

And House of Cards is done.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1CZ2IY

molson 10-30-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie (Post 3181765)

They say they're still going to do season 6 though, which just started filming. Spacey hasn't even gotten to the set yet. And I don't think many people expected a Season 7 regardless.

It would probably be a financial nightmare to bail on Season 6 at this point, but maybe that will still happen if the story lingers in the news, or if there's other accusations against him.

Carman Bulldog 10-30-2017 09:27 PM

I'm curious what the age of consent was in New York (I assume this was New York due to the Broadway reference) back around 1986 when this occurred.

If the age of consent was 14, other than the issue being morally wrong in most peoples books (unless as mentioned it's an attractive female teacher), is there even a story here?

cuervo72 10-30-2017 09:38 PM

If he didn't consent, yeah.

edit: A year ago, maybe not (though it shouldn't matter). In the current climate, yes.

molson 10-31-2017 02:09 PM

The production of season 6 of House of Cards is now "suspended indefinitely".

It's hard to analyze or judge for the outside, and maybe the cast and crew didn't want to deal with awkwardness of Spacey on the set, but, it kind of sucks that people have to lose their jobs over this. And I think it can only dissuade future allegations like this.

Also, I didn't realize that the accuser was the teen sidekick in adventures in babysitting. That movie came out about 2 years after the incident at the party.

RainMaker 10-31-2017 02:29 PM

I understand their reasoning but at the same time it kind of sucks that so many people will lose their jobs over this. A lot of people put a lot into the show.

bob 10-31-2017 02:52 PM

I wonder if they will rework the script and come back without Spacey. I seem to recall the end of season 5 being Robin Wright's character saying "It's my turn," so it would fit.

JonInMiddleGA 10-31-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob (Post 3181898)
I wonder if they will rework the script and come back without Spacey. I seem to recall the end of season 5 being Robin Wright's character saying "It's my turn," so it would fit.

Without him, seems pretty pointless. The cost of producing it would likely exceed the benefits.

molson 11-03-2017 12:36 PM

Shit really falling apart for Spacey now - more allegations, dropped by his agents and publicists. He's done.

It seems like Netflix isn't ready to pull the plug on House of Cards though, they're still trying to figure out if there's a path for a Season 6, presumably without Spacey. Or they may spin into a new series focused on the Doug Stamper character.

Warhammer 11-03-2017 12:44 PM

Love this on wikipedia:

"Kevin Spacey Fowler KBE is an American actor, film and television director, producer, screenwriter, singer and paedophile."

albionmoonlight 11-03-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob (Post 3181898)

CrimsonFox 11-03-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3182443)
Shit really falling apart for Spacey now - more allegations, dropped by his agents and publicists. He's done.

It seems like Netflix isn't ready to pull the plug on House of Cards though, they're still trying to figure out if there's a path for a Season 6, presumably without Spacey. Or they may spin into a new series focused on the Doug Stamper character.

Bah...it's the entertainment biz. He'll be fine.

NOw if he were in sports he'd be even more fine.

RainMaker 11-03-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 3181920)
Without him, seems pretty pointless. The cost of producing it would likely exceed the benefits.

I think people would tune in to see how they killed him off. But I agree, without him, what's the point?

stevew 11-03-2017 03:54 PM

Isn't there a thing in the British show where they kill the character off that Spacey is based on

CrimsonFox 11-03-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 3182463)
I think people would tune in to see how they killed him off. But I agree, without him, what's the point?

Bring in Ashton Kutcher to replace him! It worked so well before!

nilodor 11-03-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3182443)
Or they may spin into a new series focused on the Doug Stamper character.

This would be the worst. It's between him and the FBI guy for my least favourite character.

stevew 11-03-2017 04:39 PM

I'm guessing there's probably a stipulation in his contract where it's "no me, no show." Or they'll still have to pay him 500K(or whatever his rate is)an episode

CrimsonFox 11-03-2017 04:51 PM

I wonder if they would dare have art imitate life and add a sex scandal into this next season.

MrBug708 11-03-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3182470)
Bring in Ashton Kutcher to replace him! It worked so well before!

Replacing Sheen was easier than replacing Carrell. When they did iy on the office we got the worst tv character of all time, Robert California.

NobodyHere 11-03-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 3182477)
I wonder if they would dare have art imitate life and add a sex scandal into this next season.

I would not be surprised to see his character be given the Chef treatment.

ISiddiqui 11-03-2017 05:22 PM

I think his salty balls (albeit vanilla) are the problem here, no?

CrimsonFox 11-03-2017 07:21 PM

I guess Kev used method acting for this scene.

dave731 11-04-2017 08:29 PM

I can't believe people are defending Spacey...just mind boggling that this is being normalized to this degree. 58 or 26 doesn't matter...it's still spelled pedophile.

Carman Bulldog 11-05-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave731 (Post 3182598)
I can't believe people are defending Spacey...just mind boggling that this is being normalized to this degree. 58 or 26 doesn't matter...it's still spelled pedophile.

Ephebophile (or maybe Hebephile).

JPhillips 11-05-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave731 (Post 3182598)

That's unfair. I didn't read that as defending Spacey as much as criticizing the media.

CrimsonFox 11-08-2017 10:05 PM

wow.

So a movie set to be released on Dec 22...starring Spacey... has been recast with Christopher PLummer and they are reshooting WITHOUT changing the date.

Another film starring and produced by Spacey that is in POST-production...is being shelved.

I've never quite seen this before.

Hell Casey Affleck just won an oscar!

molson 11-08-2017 10:56 PM

Based on the trailer and the fact that they're still releasing it that month, I'm guessing he must not be in the movie much, and doesn't have any scenes with the two leads.

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

And ya, Gore Vidal is a Netflix movie that Netflix has decided just to sit on. Just like the Bill Cosby special. Maybe they can put together some kind special section on the website for content held back due to sexual misconduct.

So this is the last Kevin Spacey project still out there, apparently.

Billionaire Boys Club (2018 film - Wikipedia)

Here's just the first part of the first sentence of the plot summary on IMDB:

"A group of wealthy boys in Los Angeles during the early 1980s...."

Well, it's in Spacey's wheelhouse at least.

JonInMiddleGA 11-08-2017 11:11 PM

Out of curiosity, did I miss Spacey admitting to misconduct? (I saw the "there are things I don't remember due to drinking")

Or is all we have thus far unproven accusations?

I see the story pop up on FB's "trending" now & then, that's why I knew about the movie stuff today. But that's about the extent of how much I've followed it so I'm legitimately asking (in case that isn't clear).

molson 11-08-2017 11:25 PM

Spacey hasn't said a thing since that tweet.

But multiple accusations + existing Holywood open secret that he's a creep + (my speculation) the cast of House of Cards not wanting to work with him again = the end of his career. Once House of Cards shut down, which took a few days, it seems like it was easier for everyone else to move on without him.

CrimsonFox 11-08-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3183207)
Based on the trailer and the fact that they're still releasing it that month, I'm guessing he must not be in the movie much, and doesn't have any scenes with the two leads.

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

And ya, Gore Vidal is a Netflix movie that Netflix has decided just to sit on. Just like the Bill Cosby special. Maybe they can put together some kind special section on the website for content held back due to sexual misconduct.

So this is the last Kevin Spacey project still out there, apparently.

Billionaire Boys Club (2018 film - Wikipedia)

Here's just the first part of the first sentence of the plot summary on IMDB:

"A group of wealthy boys in Los Angeles during the early 1980s...."

Well, it's in Spacey's wheelhouse at least.

Wahlberg and the other (I forget who now) said they were on board to reshoot their scenes with Plummer but you're right. He must not have been in it much timewise

Plummer is indeed a supporting actor (villian of wiseman) wherever he shows up :)

CrimsonFox 11-08-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3183211)
Spacey hasn't said a thing since that tweet.

But multiple accusations + existing Holywood open secret that he's a creep + (my speculation) the cast of House of Cards not wanting to work with him again = the end of his career. Once House of Cards shut down, which took a few days, it seems like it was easier for everyone else to move on without him.

there really is no such thing as end of career over stuff like this. I mean ROman Polanski...

Kodos 11-09-2017 07:30 AM

Hopefully authorities have taken Spacey's passport.

cartman 11-09-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 3183235)
Hopefully authorities have taken Spacey's passport.

I think the name in it was Verbal Kint.

Flasch186 11-09-2017 08:11 AM

Not to defend anybody but I just am really nervous about the guilty first doctrine rolling through our country right now. Thats all.