MLB Best of the Best (OOTP 13)
Using OOTP 13 I have created a best of the best league (using somewhat reasonable estimates on best franchise teams).
Here is how it will play out....
1992 Blue Jays
2007 Red Sox
1919 White Sox
Randomly chose a decade to use as the base for the strategy settings (they were all imported using this year as the setting so I hope that doesn't affect the results too badly).
I am at opening day and will try to post a week summary at a time.
I'll be away for work (or may be depending upon Isaac) so I will start today/tonight and then pick up when I return.
Opening Day Matchups
29 A's (Lefty Grove) @ 92 Blue Jays (Juan Guzman)
85 Royals (Bret Saberhagen) @ 84 Tigers (Milt Wilcox)
07 Red Sox (Josh Beckett) @ 70 Orioles (Jim Palmer)
48 Indians (Bob Lemon) @ 91 Twins (Jack Morris)
27 Yankees (George Pipgras) @ 11 Rangers (CJ Wilson)
02 Angels (Jarrod Washburn) @ 19 White Sox (Eddie Cicotte)
98 Rays (James Sields) @ 01 Mariners (Freddy Garcia)
10 Giants (Tim Lincecum) @ 94 Expos (Pedro Martinez)
98 Padres (Kevin Brown) @ 86 Mets (Sid Fernandez)
82 Brewers (Don Sutton) @ 79 Pirates (Bruce Kison)
75 Reds (Gary Nolan) @ 01 Diamondbacks (Randy Johnson)
05 Astros (Roger Clemens) @ 42 Cardinals (Mort Cooper)
97 Marlins (Kevin Brown) @ 57 Braves (Warren Spahn)
07 Cubs (Mordecai Brown) @ 07 Rockies (Jeff Francis)
08 Phillies (Cole Hamels) @ 63 Dodgers (Sandy Koufax)
Week 1 Highlights
-CJ Wilson throws a 5 hit shutout as the Rangers blank the Yankees 3-0.
-Lou Whitaker hits 2 homeruns, including a walk off 10th inning shot as the Tigers beat the Royals 6-5.
-Harry Steinfeldt of the Cubs goes 4 for 4 with a double, homerun, 3 runs scored and 4 RBI's in a 12-5 win over the Rockies
-Steve Finley goes deep twice as the Padres beat Dwight Gooden and the Mets 8-5
-The Reds score 3 in the 9th to cap a comeback 6-5 win over the Astros
-Dave Parker goes deep in the 13th to lead the Pirates to a 5-2 win over the Brewers
-Barry Zito of the Giants strikes out 9 in a 4-0 shutout of the Expos
-Tony Perez goes 5 for 5 and hits for the cycle with 4 RBI's as the Reds beat the Diamondbacks 13-3
-Tim Wakefield shuts out the Orioles as the Red Sox win 3-0
-Jimmie Foxx goes 4 for 4 with a homerun and 5 RBI's as the A's beat the Twins 10-7
-The Brewers put 20 hits up against Adam Eaton and the Phillies in an 11-7 victory (the second straight game the Phillies allow 20 hits)
-Mort Cooper strikes out 11 in a shutout as the Cardinals beat the Marlins 1-0
-Lefty Williams strikes out 10 and goes the distance as the White Sox blank the Yankees 1-0
- The Orioles lead the AL East with a 5-2 record (Blue Jays 4-3, Rays 3-4, Red Sox 2-5, Yankees 1-6)
- The Tigers lead the AL Central at 6-1 (White Sox 5-2, Indians 4-3, Twins 3-4, Royals 0-7)
- The Mariners and A's are tied in the AL West at 5-2 (Rangers 4-3, Angels 2-5)
- The Braves lead the NL East 6-1 (Mets 4-3, Phillies 3-4, Expos 3-4, Marlins 2-5)
- The Pirates and Cubs are tied in the NL Central at 6-1 (Cardinals 4-3, Reds 4-3, Brewers 3-4, Astros 2-5)
- The Giants and Dodgers are tied in the NL West at 4-3 (Padres 2-5, Diamondbacks 2-5, Rockies 1-6)
- Lou Gehrig, Eddie Matthews, Boog Powell and Darryl Strawberry lead the league with 4 homeruns
- Lefty Grove leads the league with 23 strikeouts
Very interesting. Makes me want to bust out the random debut dynasty again.
Week 2 Highlights
- Hank Aaron hits for the cycle going 4 for 5 with 7 RBI's as the Braves beat the Reds 13-6
- Don Robinson goes the distance as the Pirates blank the Dodgers 3-0
- Jack Morris beats Jack Morris as the Tigers beat the Blue Jays 7-6
- The Expors rally from a 9-2 deficit to beat the Cubs 12-10
- Ron Darling strikes out 9 in a 4 hit shuout as the Mets beat the Phillies 4-0
- Fred Norman strikes out 14 as the Reds beat the Braves 5-2
- Kirk Gibson goes deep twice as the Tigers beat the Blue Jays 11-2
- Mordecai Brown throws a 2 hit shutout as the Cubs beat the Braves 7-0
- George Pipgras throws an 11 inning shutout as the Yankees beat the A's 1-0 in 11
- Kevin Brown throws a 5 hit shut out as the Padres blank the Astros 1-0
- Jamie Moyer throws a 3 hit shutout as the Mariners blank the Red Sox 8-0
- Ed Reulbach throws a 1 hit shuout as the Cubs blank the Braves 1-0
- Dickey Kerr throws a 3 hit shutout as the White Sox blank the Royals 4-0
- Roy Oswalt throws a 3 hit shutout as the Astros blank the Padres 3-0
- The Mariners score 5 in the bottom of the 9th to send the game to extra inings after trailing 8-3 only to lose 10-8 to the Red Sox in 14
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.