Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XCVI: The Dark One and The Order of Righteousness (GAME OVER EVIL WINS) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=72772)

Autumn 06-08-2009 09:09 AM

I think Chief Rum's question about lynching the king will be important to find out. In the meantime we don't have any meaningful way, I don't think of picking a King today. It's just a craps shoot. That actually makes me think perhaps we can find a way to randomize it. Although I suppose then if the King eventually turns out bad we don't have any data to examine.

RendeR 06-08-2009 09:11 AM

I hate one word PM's....

This villager would be fine with Schmidty as King. I don't think the first King will live long simply because I'm betting the wolves will think its kewl to kill the king.

I will not vote Hoops as king, it simply will not happen =)

and I agree with the Lathum - Lithium statement made earlier =)

Anyone else get bourbon faced on shit street this weekend?

Autumn 06-08-2009 09:14 AM

Okay, looking back at the rules it seems to make sense to me to jail for the first day at least. First day votes are random, and this gives some chance for the King to get a scan and free a villager or kill a wolf. Seems like the way to go to me.

I guess that the King vote should be based on activity, to my mind. We're probably not going to elect someone like Hoops, since though he'd be good at it he'd be just as good at it as a wolf. So, someone who tends to be around and vocal, but isn't considered dreadfully dangerous. If we don't want to go with the random idea.

Tyrith 06-08-2009 09:26 AM

Just so long as we realize that if we send someone to jail day 1, unless we're willing to absolutely use a seer scan in the next day or two on that person, there's a decent chance we're knocking them out of the game for a long time. And if I sat on the bench for four days I don't know how easy it would be for me to get back in gear. Beyond that, I'm fine with it.

claphamsa 06-08-2009 09:32 AM

ok, checking in lame he even spelled viilegar wrong!

claphamsa 06-08-2009 09:32 AM

vote passacaglia

claphamsa 06-08-2009 09:33 AM

vote passacaglia lynhc

lerriuqs 06-08-2009 09:43 AM

Checking in - won't be back for a while - I have to work today... *shudders*

Hopefully, there'll be more to go on with regards to a king by then.

hoopsguy 06-08-2009 09:49 AM

I'm fine with the jail approach. I'm normally a hard-core "lynch 'em all, we'll sort it out in the end" type but frankly I'm willing to see if I can expand my line of thinking a little bit to better leverage this mechanic.

I think the idea of jailing likely extends the game, which probably favors villagers over wolves.

Passacaglia 06-08-2009 09:55 AM

Checking in -- a little busy today, so I'm going to stay away until I'm done with some stuff.

Tyrith 06-08-2009 10:00 AM

Sigh, I'm all dressed up, but there's no one to take to the party :P

claphamsa 06-08-2009 10:04 AM

vote tyrinch king
vote jail danny

all votes are random!

hoopsguy 06-08-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

So, someone who tends to be around and vocal, but isn't considered dreadfully dangerous.

I'm open for suggestions on who fits this profile that people would like to vote for.

Ideally, I would like to have some kind of a race here rather than an uncontested Schmidty "coronation".

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2043831)
vote tyrinch king
vote jail danny

all votes are random!

You already voted to lynch Pass.

Dubb, can you vote to lynch someone and to jail someone or is it one or the other?

claphamsa 06-08-2009 10:12 AM

im vocal, but i fails CRs logical post list! and i wont be around at 11 pm

claphamsa 06-08-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043834)
You already voted to lynch Pass.

Dubb, can you vote to lynch someone and to jail someone or is it one or the other?

oh i thought we were supposed to vote for one of each :D

Autumn 06-08-2009 10:13 AM

lol, everyone's going to ask this question it seems.

WE EITHER LYNCH SOMEONE, OR JAIL SOMEONE TONIGHT, WE HAVE TO PICK.

Passacaglia 06-08-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2043832)
I'm open for suggestions on who fits this profile that people would like to vote for.

Ideally, I would like to have some kind of a race here rather than an uncontested Schmidty "coronation".

popping in to agree with this -- not only uncontested, but I don't think Schmidty really fits those characteristics.

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2043800)
Okay, looking back at the rules it seems to make sense to me to jail for the first day at least. First day votes are random, and this gives some chance for the King to get a scan and free a villager or kill a wolf. Seems like the way to go to me.

The only problem is the seer can't scan someone in prison and the King only has a 20% chance of discovering their auroa, so it isn't a very high percentage chance of a clear.

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:16 AM

Vote USFLTechmo king

the last few games he has been pretty quiet, I thik this gives him a chance to step up.

Tyrith 06-08-2009 10:17 AM

Oh, I didn't realize the seer/jail bit. Yeah, I can see chucking someone in jail day 1 just to get the king ability in play...but we have to realize that is going to be taking someone out of the game, realistically.

claphamsa 06-08-2009 10:18 AM

unvote jail danny

sorry bout that!

Danny 06-08-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2043847)
unvote jail danny

sorry bout that!

You can come over and fix the broken pieces to my heart!

claphamsa 06-08-2009 10:29 AM

you live too far away! damn west coasters!

Danny 06-08-2009 10:34 AM

As for the jail/vs lynch thing, on day 1 especially I think a jail might be ok as it does lengthen the game. I'm going to reread the mechanic now though.

Danny 06-08-2009 10:36 AM

The king will have a 20% chance to learn someones allegiance each night. I'm assuming this will stack, so if there are four prisoners, the king has a 20% chance of learning each one?

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:42 AM

Vote jail BK

I think jailing is the way to go today. If the King can clear BK then we release him and make him the next King since as a villager I think BK would do a great job of it.

Autumn 06-08-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043839)
The only problem is the seer can't scan someone in prison and the King only has a 20% chance of discovering their auroa, so it isn't a very high percentage chance of a clear.

No, but in a normal game with a normal lynch there's 0% chance of recovering from a day 1 mistake. At least this way there's some chance of getting information, and even the chance of releasing a villager back into the game. It seems to me that unless we know we're lynching a wolf, the advantage is mostly to us to jail.

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2043700)
I don't think we should commit to anyone this far ahead of time.

I disagree, I think when it comes to something like this we at least need to start thinking it through.

Danny 06-08-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043839)

I reread this, the seer can scan players inside the jail.

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2043866)
No, but in a normal game with a normal lynch there's 0% chance of recovering from a day 1 mistake. At least this way there's some chance of getting information, and even the chance of releasing a villager back into the game. It seems to me that unless we know we're lynching a wolf, the advantage is mostly to us to jail.

I agree. I never said we shouldn't put someone in jail.

not sure where you misunderstood me. Thats why I voted BK for jail.

Tyrith 06-08-2009 10:45 AM

Ah, okay. That makes jail a much better approach.

hoopsguy 06-08-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2043868)
I reread this, the seer can scan players inside the jail.

This is a critical point. Otherwise, if we initially elect a wolf King then he can clear another one later and set up the succession plan (see Dubb clearing Saldana last game) and really put us behind.

The seer should give strong consideration to scanning people in jail in order to potentially neutralize this risk.

Tyrith 06-08-2009 10:47 AM

I've got to go meetings for the next several hours, I'll be back late afternoon or so. I'm going to sit on my votes for now.

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:48 AM

hmm, I could have sworn it said you can't scan players in prison

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:50 AM

ok, so I think thats all the more reason to jail BK. Seer scan him, BG protect him, elect him King tomorrow.

Can we elect a new king while the old king is still in power, or do we HAVE to lynch the old king?

Autumn 06-08-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043873)
hmm, I could have sworn it said you can't scan players in prison

Maybe it was that the seer can't scan from prison.

Telle 06-08-2009 10:51 AM

Villager checking in.

Autumn 06-08-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043869)
I agree. I never said we shouldn't put someone in jail.

not sure where you misunderstood me. Thats why I voted BK for jail.

You pointed out a flaw in the jail idea, I pointed out that I thought it wasn't all that bad. I don't think there's any misunderstanding.

Lathum 06-08-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2043882)
You pointed out a flaw in the jail idea, I pointed out that I thought it wasn't all that bad. I don't think there's any misunderstanding.

20% isn't all that good, and of course the odds are we kill a villager.

Plus at the time I was under the impression the seer couldn't scan a prisoner.

Danny 06-08-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043876)
ok, so I think thats all the more reason to jail BK. Seer scan him, BG protect him, elect him King tomorrow and then watch wolves kill him.

Added the inevitable part of your plan.

Autumn 06-08-2009 10:58 AM

The more I think about it I think the longer we go around and around about King candidates, the more likely we'll get pushed by the wolves into something. I'm goign to go with the very first candidate. At least we've got a clear protagonist in BK in that case and can keep things simple. As people have pointed out, Kings may not last long anyway, I don't want to overthink this.

Vote Schmidty King

(You don't vote for kings. Well how'd you become king then?)

Autumn 06-08-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043883)
20% isn't all that good, and of course the odds are we kill a villager..

But to be clear, the alternative is to kill the villager forever. So a 20% chance at clearing them and bringing them back is a lot better, right?

USFLTecmo 06-08-2009 10:59 AM

All for the jailing idea today.

I'm all for being king, but FYI, I'm not around at deadline tonight. If that means I make a better later king, I can work with that, too.

dubb93 06-08-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2043660)
Come to think of it, question for dubb:

If we succesfully elect a king, and then lynch him, do we suffer the dire consequences?

No, you are free to lynch your king and the king is powerless to stop a rebellion. If the people feel it is time for the king to go, the king must go. The dire consequences would only come into play if there was a failed king election.

dubb93 06-08-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2043859)
The king will have a 20% chance to learn someones allegiance each night. I'm assuming this will stack, so if there are four prisoners, the king has a 20% chance of learning each one?

Yes, if there are four prisoners you have a 20% chance towards each one. There is no limit on how many auras may be revealed to a king on any given night. If there are 10 players in jail and the king gets the good dice rolls he could learn all 10 auras that night.

dubb93 06-08-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2043876)

Can we elect a new king while the old king is still in power, or do we HAVE to lynch the old king?

Once a king is elected he is king for life.

dubb93 06-08-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 2043805)
Just so long as we realize that if we send someone to jail day 1, unless we're willing to absolutely use a seer scan in the next day or two on that person, there's a decent chance we're knocking them out of the game for a long time. And if I sat on the bench for four days I don't know how easy it would be for me to get back in gear. Beyond that, I'm fine with it.

Keep in mind players in jail still have a night action ability to write a letter to the village. There may be other unknown mechanics at work while in jail as well.

DaddyTorgo 06-08-2009 11:19 AM

Hey all - my day is fairly congested today until like 2:45 or 3pm but hopefully opens up significantly then.

I'll have to catch up on everything then. Please don't write like 10 pages between now and then.

Lathum 06-08-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2043885)
Added the inevitable part of your plan.

So what's your point?

The wolves can attempt to kill whoever is King.