Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   CJBL: A web-based, FM-style multiplayer College Basketball League has openings (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96393)

skrath 01-14-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HansMellman (Post 3390459)
Awesome, I look forward to hearing back and hopefully getting started!

I take it most of the communication is on Slack/Discord?

Is there a dedicated schedule for the college podcasts or do these cover both pro and collegiate stuff in the same pods?

Sent you a PM! All of the league communication is via Slack. The sim is integrated with Slack so all results, news etc. flows through that.

We have two regular weekly JBL podcasts, and three semi-regular other podcasts. There are also a few CJBL podcasts but these are less regular. Yes, I know it's kind of insane that a sim league has 5+ podcasts, but that's the JBL universe!

EuroJBL (and the rest of the World) is opening later this year for human ADs and is now running in the background. It will be exciting times with more than 75 leagues playable (including Liga ACB, Australian NBL, China etc)

PilotMan 01-14-2023 04:45 PM

Yeah, it's all on Slack, and it's very active.

{edit: commish beat me to the better answers.}

PilotMan 01-19-2023 04:38 PM

Day 1 of JBL and CJBL starting today, so if you haven't been around, your team is probably on AI control right now. Get on it.

Coffee Warlord 01-31-2023 04:35 PM

Hmm. I am tempted to take a peek.

Thomkal 03-21-2023 06:56 AM

In case you've taken a bit of a vacation since the National tournaments started, its time to come back-commish has flipped the switch on the new season and scheduling requests can be made

HansMellman 03-21-2023 10:30 AM

Great league, so much fun and a very welcoming community, anyone thinking about joining up I can't recommend it enough!

skrath 04-02-2023 11:28 PM

2039 Recruiting has started. Perfect time to jump aboard! We have 288 out of 362 teams (79.6%) of the college league human controlled. Still a few decent teams available.

GoldenEagle 04-18-2023 12:46 PM

Can someone send me the link (or a PM) to join up? I had a team in the past, but I have forgotten everything I know so it will be starting over again.

Thomkal 04-18-2023 12:58 PM

There's a link at the end of skrath's signature one above you where you can sign up for the league again

skrath 04-18-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 3398975)
Can someone send me the link (or a PM) to join up? I had a team in the past, but I have forgotten everything I know so it will be starting over again.

Sent you a PM!

skrath 06-28-2023 06:14 PM

2040 season is starting soon -- currently in the transfer period with recruiting starting in a few days! Some good teams available like Butler, Temple and Virginia Tech. PM me if you're interested in joining.

skrath 09-22-2023 10:12 PM

New season starting next week, so a great time to jump in. Even though we have practically 300/362 teams filled, there are some decent teams still available and a few "empty cupboards". You'll have full control of the team's offseason including recruiting. DM me if interested or feel free to post questions in this thread.

weegeebored 12-29-2023 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegeebored (Post 3376082)
Even though I am no longer part of the league, it was great fun for the seasons that I played. If you're on the fence, fwiw I recommend that you give CJBL a try.

I was accepted back into the CJBL community a while back, and managed to take Wichita State to the Sweet 16 two years in a row after winning the JIT the previous season. But for some reason I can't get Gene Autry's "Back in the Saddle Again" song out of my head. Damn ear worm. :D

New season starting very soon. It's fun. Sign up.

Thomkal 01-05-2024 11:06 AM

A new season is upon us. coach hiring has begun (just don't steal coastal's)

skrath 01-17-2024 06:11 PM

We've just started Recruiting for the 2042 season. A few decent teams still available (George Washington, Utah, Saint Joes, West Virginia, Oakland and Boston University, as well as some other lower prestige teams). Come compete for recruits against 300 human teams!

jbergey22 01-19-2024 01:27 AM

It is great. You can create your own style while recruiting your own players and maybe get to watch them in the pro's. It is scheduled at a perfect pace but you have the opportunity to invest more time into it if you wish. The commissioner makes everyone feel welcome and makes it easy to feel right at home.