Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dark Cloud's Personal Playground (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Portland - Gettysburg TRADE (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=86686)

Gomer 03-04-2013 05:29 PM

Portland - Gettysburg TRADE

Gettysburg sends:
SS Geoff Boucher (AA)
3B Donnie Finn (A)
#18 and #20 overall picks in the upcoming draft

Portland sends:
#1 overall pick in the upcoming draft

This deal is contingent upon the commish not changing the draft class from its current state.

sttfrk 03-04-2013 05:32 PM

Portland confirms.

claphamsa 03-04-2013 06:35 PM

wow, awful trade

Gomer 03-04-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2790906)
wow, awful trade

:lol:
You're just mad you didn't trade the #2 for my big package!

No, actually I debated if I really wanted to do this. I have no doubt that Boucher and Finn would be top 5 picks in this draft, if they were in this draft class. Plus they're well on their way to developing.
It's a gamble, but guys like Ayers don't come along everyday.

claphamsa 03-04-2013 06:43 PM

you offered more for #2, I offered more for this pick. either way he gave away a superstar for nothing.

there is no gamble for you, you gave up nothing....

Gomer 03-04-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2790911)
you offered more for #2, I offered more for this pick. either way he gave away a superstar for nothing.

there is no gamble for you, you gave up nothing....

If you seriously think Finn and Boucher are nothing...well, you need to look a little closer, I'll leave it at that. :cool:

I never offered Boucher to Washington, and I wasn't going to offer him to Portland, until that became the deal-maker/breaker. I've had multiple owners inquire about that guy ever since I drafted him.

Ayers isn't a superstar yet. I'm gambling that he will develop, which is no guarantee. But if he does, he should be a stud.

claphamsa 03-04-2013 06:51 PM

in fact you refused to offer boucher.... now, or when he was a good prospect.

this is a shit trade. sttfrt just destroyed a franchise for nothing

sttfrk 03-04-2013 07:15 PM

Obviously I disagree.

Destroyed a franchise? How would receiving the #2 overall pick and #19 & #27 been better?

I received two top 100 prospects along with 2 end of the first round draft picks. I wouldn't have that if I had agreed to Washington's proposal.

You have to keep in mind I didn't like ANYBODY in this draft class. At least not worth picking in the top 10.

Of the two offers I received, the players were far better than the picks being offered.

claphamsa 03-04-2013 07:57 PM

fair enough.

Young Drachma 03-04-2013 10:58 PM

Processed.

Young Drachma 03-04-2013 11:02 PM

Yeah. two good prospects and two firsts isn't a ripoff on any planet, even if they're two lower round firsts. You can quibble at the two guys he got back, but...in a draft where you don't like anyone, to get any kind of value -- much less two positions that are hard to fill -- probably isn't a bad haul.

I'm surprised we don't see more of these kinds of deals around here, to be honest.

Young Drachma 03-04-2013 11:07 PM

Then again C.J. Ayers was no slouch. So I guess if you don't like him, then you gotta get value.