Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf: Hunt for Necromancers - GAME OVER! Post #3469 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=50375)

hoopsguy 06-09-2006 10:22 PM

Werewolf: Hunt for Necromancers - GAME OVER! Post #3469

Figured I would put this up now and give people a chance to jump in. Looking to start on 6/19. The setting for this game will be Ancient Egypt. I am still hoping to sign up a couple of alternate players in the event someone drops or I implement special roles that activate the alternates ...

1. Barkeep49 - Fanatic , killed Night 6
2. Passacaglia - Ruling Class, killed Night 4
3. Schmidty - High Priest, Ruling Class Alternate
4. path12 - Pharaoh, killed Night 7
5. Anxiety - Elite Guard
6. Cronin - Explorer, lynched Day 2
7. Dubb - Soothsayer
8. AlanT - Necromancer, killed Night 5
9. Saldana - Enchanter, died from disease Day 7
10. SnDvls - Egyptian
11. Lathum - Prophecy
12. Coffee Warlord - Ruling Class Fanatic, killed himself Night 4
13. bulletsponge - Necromancer, lynched Day 4
14. Qwikshot - Necromancer, killed by Anxiety Night 8
15. Tyrith - Egyptian
16. Bek - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 3
17. Blade6119 - Mystic, Day kill Day 4
18. Swaggs - Ruling Class, lynched Day 1
19. Vince - Egyptian
20. Chubby - Head Necromancer, Magically Attuned, lynched Day 6
21. Tanglewood - Egyptian
22. Kingfc22 - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 8
23. Fouts - Avatar, lynched Day 5

Alternate 1:
Alternate 2:
Alternate 3:

Important Post Numbers:
409 - end of Day 1 (includes final votes, results from lynch)
449 - end of Night 1
837 - end of Day 2 (includes final votes, results from lynch)
945 - end of Night 2
1331/1339 - end of Day 3 (votes at 1331, results from lynch at 1339)
1401 - end of Night 3
1631 - day kill
1818 - end of Day 4
1858 - end of Night 4
2681 - end of Day 5
2733 - end of Night 5
2988 - end of Day 6
3036 - end of Night 6
3338 - end of Day 7
3416 - end of Night 7
3458 - end of Day 8
3469 - end of Night 8, end of Game

95%+ of the rules are listed below. The remaining 5% will be realized over the course of the game, depending on actions and surviving roles. If I do make additions to the rules over the remainder of the week, I'll make special note of these for the sake of clarity.

Rules:
Humans = Egyptians
Wolves = Necromancers

Victory Conditions:
Egyptians - eliminate all necromancers
Necromancers - eliminate all Egyptians

General Info:
Roles are revealed by moderator/GM upon death.
Lynch every day, Pharoah initially has tie-breaker.
Deadlines: 9PM CST for lynch, 7AM CST for night actions (earlier if possible)

Public Roles:
- Pharaoh: duke role, keeps it if he lynches a necromancer.
Can only be day lynched if all three members of the ruling class are all in faction voting for him. Can issue a protet order to Elite Guard if desired (night action).

Private Roles - Egyptians:
These roles may or may not be in the game. There may be more than one of these roles.
- Elite Guard: standard bodyguard role. Do not learn the identity of the attacker, but will successfully block an attack except by Mummy or a Disease. Can not guard same person on consecutive nights without explicit order from the Pharaoh.
- Mystic: Option to view one player per night. Can summon an Avatar, but must forego seeing for three days to do this (summon on Night 4).
- Enchanter: can craft a Scarab of Protection once every four nights (Available on 3rd day, can be used once every 4 days, uses cannot be 'stockpiled).
Cannot use their own scarab initially, but can use it in the event it is passed back to them.
- Avatar (does not start in game, new FOFC member when introduced): Lives for a max of three days. Cannot be a night kill. Night action includes a guard action.
- Fanatic: this zealot has the power to record a night attack against a necromancer. But if he takes the life of an innocent (anything but a necromancer) he will be overcome with shame and immediately take his own life as atonement. He will be slain outright if he attacks either the Mummy, Avatar, or the Prophecy.
- High Priest: has the ability to consecrate the dead, prevented them from being reanimated, once every three days (note - cannot be used until at least Night 3, usage cannot be 'stockpiled').
- Explorer: this person does not need sleep. He uses the night hours to search for artifacts that may help him fight the necromancers. But not all of the desert's mysteries are meant to be found ...
- 'Favored by the Gods': will avert death (at least) one time during the game. No dice roll is invoked, no opportunity to identify his attacker. He will not even know he was attacked. The necromancers will know that he is 'Favored'. This power is useless against the Mummy or a Disease spell.
- Healthy: will not be affected by Disease spell.

Private Role - Neutral
These roles may or may not be in the game. There may be more than one of these roles.
- Ruling class: will have a vote that can potentially hang the Pharaoh. Upon the death of one member another member will be appointed - up to a point.
- Magically attuned: has 10% chance of detecting mystic/enchanter/necromancer/high priest/soothsayer when they invoke the following actions: craft scarab, consecrate dead, animate mummy, summon avatar, 'lie detector'.
- The Prophecy: the coming of this one has been foretold. But will he bring victory to the forces of life or death? Note - only hidden role in the game. Cannot be detected by seer, does not show up as a necromancer if 'sought'.
- Soothsayer: this person can review two statements as true/false over the course of the game. May only be used once every three days. GM note - I will be a stickler on what is legitimate use of this power. There is no reason for everyone to CYA with "I am not a necromancer" at the start of the game to avoid detection by Soothsayer.
- Brothers: these two players may PM each other freely throughout the game. The loss of one will have consequences on the other.

Private Roles - Necromancers:
- Mummy: the mummy has ability to alternate between protecting a necromancer or completing a night kill (100%) each night, will overpower Elite Guard (kills him, not target) but will be destroyed if he encounters the Avatar. The mummy does not have to activate his power if he deems it more covert to avoid doing so. The mummy will only be animated for a maximum of three nights. Can communicate with Head Necromancer who raised him, as well as any other necromancers in Head Necromancer's discovered group. Does not start in the game. Similar to the Avatar, the Mummy will be a new player to the game if/when he is invoked.
- Head Necromancer: powers described below.
- Initiate: powers described below.
- Dreamweaver: powers described below.

Necromancers do not know each other from the outset
- each one can attack on a given night
- a single Necromancer has a 50% chance of achieving a night kill alone. If there are two involved, that percentage rises to 100%.
- if they attack the Elite Guard, Mummy, or Avatar by themselves, they die. If they attack with two members, they escape the Elite Guard, but one is killed by the Mummy or Avatar.
- if they attack another necromancer, there is a 25% chance that one dies before they identify each other as necromancers
- on a failed night kill, there is a 20% chance that the target learns the identity of the necromancer.
- once they identify a fellow necromancer they can communicate (PM, IM, etc)

Head Necromancer powers:
1.) Search for fellow necromancers
2.) Silence (daytime action - duration one hour, must be lifted with ten minutes remaining before deadline) - 3x per game, can't be used on consecutive days
3.) Disease (two days to live - cannot be stopped by bodyguard). Available 2x per game.
4.) Animate mummy - raise a dead player (new FOFC member) who is aligned with necromancer team. Available every 4th day, beginning with Night 4.
If the Head Necromancer is killed, a percentage of his power may transfer to one of the Initiates.

Initiate powers:
2.) Craft a cursed scarab. Available on 3rd day, can be used once every 4 days, uses cannot be 'stockpiled. Cannot use their own scarab initially, but can use it in the event it is passed back to them.

Dreamweaver powers:
2.) Search for seer
3.) Poison seer vision - reverses seer vision on a player, available once per week.

Items:
- Scarab of Protection - room cannot be entered that night
- Cursed Scarab - will change seer view (wolf seen as human, human seen as wolf)
- Only the Enchanter and Initiate are able to identify what role an item plays (distinguish between scarabs, for example).

Additional items may be added leading up to start of game, or may remain unidentified in the rules.

Order of Actions:
1.) Pharaoh's Order
2.) Protection/Consecrate
3.) Invoke Item
4.) Pass Item
5.) Seer Scan/Search/'Lie Detector'
6.) Night Kill/Disease
7.) Treasure Hunt
8.) Detect Magic

A player may only hold onto one item at a time. Extra items must be passed. A player may hold onto a single item for as long as they wish.

If a player is killed, the slayer assumes control of his items.

Barkeep49 06-09-2006 10:32 PM

I will sign up.

Passacaglia 06-09-2006 10:35 PM

I'll try my hand at another one of these -- I'll probably have enough free time in that period.

Barkeep49 06-09-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I'll try my hand at another one of these -- I'll probably have enough free time in that period.

I was just thinking lately that it was about damn time you started playing again. Good to see you back :)

Passacaglia 06-09-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I was just thinking lately that it was about damn time you started playing again. Good to see you back :)

Thanks, I'm excited! The Ancient Egypt setting should be fun. Now, when do I get to start yelling at everyone? :)

hoopsguy 06-09-2006 10:43 PM

For what it is worth, I plan to publish all the rules prior to the start of the game. I don't expect each and every one of the listed roles to make it into play.

Schmidty 06-09-2006 10:59 PM

In like sin. If you want my crappy ass. :)

hoopsguy 06-09-2006 11:01 PM

Come on down ... best part of being the moderator is that I never accuse you and never have to figure out what side "defensive Schmidty" is on.

Schmidty 06-09-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Come on down ... best part of being the moderator is that I never accuse you and never have to figure out what side "defensive Schmidty" is on.

I have what one could call "Werewolf short-man's disease".

path12 06-10-2006 01:03 AM

You know I'm in.

Abe Sargent 06-10-2006 02:15 AM

Me please!!!

-Anxiety

SackAttack 06-10-2006 02:43 AM

With school out, hoops, I'd sign up only I'm going to be leaving for an extended trip from the 21st to the 26th. Just no way I'd be able to be active.

You wanna push it back to 6/27, let me know. :)

st.cronin 06-10-2006 08:33 AM

in

dubb93 06-10-2006 09:01 AM

What the heck, I'll play.

Alan T 06-10-2006 09:34 AM

I'm good for one more! Probably the last game I can do for a while. Once July rolls around, I'll be too busy again for a while.

saldana 06-10-2006 09:37 AM

in

SnDvls 06-10-2006 10:49 AM

IN

Lathum 06-10-2006 10:57 AM

in

Coffee Warlord 06-10-2006 11:53 AM

In Like Flynn.

bulletsponge 06-10-2006 10:54 PM

where do i go to find out how to play this werewolf game?

hoopsguy 06-10-2006 11:30 PM

Here is a synopsis of the game:
http://www.answers.com/topic/mafia-game

Substitute "werewolf" for "mafia" as the online games play the same - just different names for the roles.

Next best thing to do is read along with one of the games - either one that has already been played or follow along with the next one to get a feel for how the game plays out here. It is easier to play when you have some feel for how the other players act.

bulletsponge 06-11-2006 12:12 AM

ok ive been reading the last werewolf thread and im getting the jist of it. since the game wont start for a while i will read more in that thread to get a better grasp of it, until then i would like to sign up for the next werewolf game

Barkeep49 06-11-2006 05:50 AM

Welcome bullet! I'm glad to see someobody new take the plunge. As you read if you have any questions please don't hestitate to ask them, either here or by PM'ing me.

saldana 06-11-2006 11:12 AM

excellent, fresh meat;)

let me help you out for the first day bullet....all you have to do is type
vote dubb :D

Qwikshot 06-11-2006 12:30 PM

I'm in if slots still available

Tyrith 06-11-2006 12:52 PM

In.

bulletsponge 06-11-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

excellent, fresh meat

*Grabs turkey baster and starts basting himself*

Bek 06-11-2006 11:40 PM

Hey guys...havent been around in awhile...been busy with other things...now that summer is here im back in...count me in for this one

Blade6119 06-11-2006 11:44 PM

Its not WW until blade signs up and gets info a fight with someone...now accepting applications for the rival position

Swaggs 06-12-2006 12:27 AM

I think I will be able to give this one a go.

I'm in.

Alan T 06-12-2006 12:37 AM

VOTE BLADE

Vince 06-12-2006 04:52 AM

I will tentatively sign myself up...

I should have some more free time soon, but my dad's been in the hospital lately. He's ok now, at home and on antibiotics, but if things get hairy, I might have to leave.

Schmidty 06-12-2006 01:50 PM

This is a huge game. It will take like 2 months to finish.

Lathum 06-12-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty
This is a huge game. It will take like 2 months to finish.

which means you will say what a terrible player you are and will quit 8 times.

:)

Schmidty 06-12-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum
which means you will say what a terrible player you are and will quit 8 times.

:)

And then win in the end.

Do not question my methods. :D

hoopsguy 06-12-2006 02:14 PM

I'll do what I can to speed things along ...

Also, I'm hoping to get time tonight to put up the skeleton of the rules so people have time to ask questions before the start of the game. There are going to be a few ideas that MAY find their way into the game that have not been used in any previous game.

Blade6119 06-12-2006 02:19 PM

hoopsguy, saying im the best player ever is more of a mandate then a rule ;)

dubb93 06-12-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana
excellent, fresh meat;)

let me help you out for the first day bullet....all you have to do is type
vote dubb :D

Just you wait. I hope I get assigned some cool special role that allows me to kill anyone who's name starts with a S, or a special italian sounding name killing role, b/c if I do I will not hesitate to use it. You have been warned.

hoopsguy 06-12-2006 02:25 PM

Blade, I take it you aren't playing your "quiet game" the week leading up to the game? ;)

SnDvls 06-12-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93
Just you wait. I hope I get assigned some cool special role that allows me to kill anyone who's name starts with a S, or a special italian sounding name killing role, b/c if I do I will not hesitate to use it. You have been warned.

Well if you are going to play that way and lump all of us "s" names together.

Vote Dubb

Blade6119 06-12-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Blade, I take it you aren't playing your "quiet game" the week leading up to the game? ;)

So far this has been quiet for me, im not yet 75% of the threads posts :D

Blade6119 06-12-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnDvls
Well if you are going to play that way and lump all of us "s" names together.

Vote Dubb

So you admit you and saldana have a connection? interesting, this will be useful come lynch time

Barkeep49 06-12-2006 04:27 PM

I have to say that you should beware of me when I have the ability to kill people. It seems to distort my otherwise lovely disposition :).

Coffee Warlord 06-12-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

I have to say that you should beware of me when I have the ability to kill people. It seems to distort my otherwise lovely disposition :).

He's a WOLF!

Barkeep49 06-12-2006 04:54 PM

Yes last game I was a wolf

dontreadthis 06-12-2006 04:55 PM

Their second power is that at any point during the day, he or she can say "I flip out and kill [insert name of person here]". Once the ninja says this, both the ninja and the person they named instantly die.

LOL @ this description of the 'ninja' role

Coffee Warlord 06-12-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Yes last game I was a wolf

And you still got me killed, you bastard. :)

I merely could not accept your little potential thing was as straightforward as it was. Sitting there pouring over posts looking for some stupid football reference. Ass.

saldana 06-12-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93

PING: swaggs and schmidty...you guys want to get your votes in early too?

Barkeep49 06-12-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
And you still got me killed, you bastard. :)

I merely could not accept your little potential thing was as straightforward as it was. Sitting there pouring over posts looking for some stupid football reference. Ass.

I would have defended you if I had been around. Pretty strongly at that.

Schmidty 06-12-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana
PING: swaggs and schmidty...you guys want to get your votes in early too?

Vote saldana

I'll unvote if you send me some more damned beer. :D