Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   FOF 09 Graphics (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=99002)

NawlinsFan 10-09-2023 03:38 PM

FOF 09 Graphics

FOF 9.0e:

NFL Logo set ~ 68 - 24

NFL_Logos.zip

NOTE: I have found that using the NFL 1970 or 1977 universes with nilidors historical files it is better to start with either a preference or full draft.

NFL 1977: 28/6/16

Welcome to 1977! All needed files are included in the zip file. In addition I have added the player and QB files created by nilidor (historical names - not stats).

New Helmet set:

NFL1977.zip

NFL 1970: 26/6/14

Welcome to 1970! All needed files are included in the zip file. You have a choice of logos or helmets. In addition I have added the player and QB files created by nilidor (historical names - not stats).

With choice of logos or helmets:

NFL1970.zip

WFL League 1974:

Welcome to 1974 and a representation of the WFL - World Football League! For those out there looking for something "different"! Note: This is an 18 team league that is very WFL representative. I did move the Chicago Wind to another top 10 windy city - Buffalo because of the Chicago Fire! Otherwise for all us mature types it comes close.

File includes homemade team helmet logos (replaces the universe logo set) and the required default_teams, team_info (both go in the default folder) and 1974_info file (goes in the custom folder).

Link:

WFL74.zip

Set: NFL Helmets + (Includes alternates and a few custom)

NFL+.zip

Set: NFL 23 with black/gray background

For a 32 team NFL format. Create your league, unzip the logos into the correct folder to overwrite the game generated logos.

NFL23.zip

default_teams.csv

NFL Set Alt with team color background

NFL Set Alt.zip

Game Field Tweak 02

Added a couple of tweaks. had to zip it becasue of a naming conflict in my save.

grassbuild.zip

Game Field Tweak 01

Not much you can do with it because of it's construct but I tried.

grassbuild.bmp

Scoreboard

scoreboard_bits.bmp

Injured Man

injuredman.bmp

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pre-Release: May need to be updated (WIP)

First offering - Team files:

Sets:

Look like - Set 01 / Set 02 / Set 03 / Set 04 / Set 07 / Set 08 / Set 09 / NFL w/Slivers

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 07 - 08 - 09 -

Link:

Set 01

FOF09_01.zip

Set 01 BW

FOF09_1bw.zip

Set 02 (both sets)

FOF9_02.zip

Set 03 (both sets): European League - 17 Teams

FOF9_03.zip

Set 04 (both sets) National Spring Football League - NSFL (USFL/XFL)

FOF9_04.zip

Set 07 - Full Helmet

FOF9_07.zip

Set 08 - Fantasy Set 01 / 60 Logos

FOF9_08.zip

Set 09 - CFL (10 team)

FOF9_09.zip

NawlinsFan 10-09-2023 03:43 PM

I will update the names, listed by team name, once I verify the numbering sequence is.

nickelback 10-09-2023 04:18 PM

Looks amazing!

Gauss 10-10-2023 09:14 AM

Lookin' good as always, NF.

Sweed 10-10-2023 09:29 AM

Very nice. Thanks for doing these. :)

tzach 10-10-2023 09:43 AM

amazing as always -- thanks for providing these

NawlinsFan 10-10-2023 01:56 PM

NFL helmets, logos, EFL logos and NSFL logos done. Taking a break for a bit. Working a lot of fantasy logos as well.

Cole 10-12-2023 09:11 AM

These are great, thanks for doing this! Also excited to hear you're going to be doing fantasy/fictional logos, as that's the only way I play and this will be great for immersion.

beatle 10-14-2023 02:55 PM

I was wondering if you were thinking about doing some historical helmets, 70's Patriots, Denver, Houston Oilers, LA Rams, SD?

NawlinsFan 10-14-2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 3414659)
I was wondering if you were thinking about doing some historical helmets, 70's Patriots, Denver, Houston Oilers, LA Rams, SD?

Already started. Takes a bit more time.

beatle 10-14-2023 08:38 PM

Great, Thank you!

NawlinsFan 10-15-2023 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 3414689)
Great, Thank you!

Working the logos first. Will look into helmets later.

Olsson 10-16-2023 02:31 PM

As alway great work with the graphics. Looking forward to fantasy logos as well.

NawlinsFan 10-16-2023 08:20 PM

Bump added 2 more, full NFL helmets and 60 fantasy/known logos.

coachcbj 10-17-2023 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3414877)
Bump added 2 more, full NFL helmets and 60 fantasy/known logos.

Would you be willing to do CFL Logos please?
With greater emphasis on Canadian and European teams, I plan on doing a North American Football League with US and CANADA Conferences.

NawlinsFan 10-17-2023 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachcbj (Post 3414887)
Would you be willing to do CFL Logos please?
With greater emphasis on Canadian and European teams, I plan on doing a North American Football League with US and CANADA Conferences.

I just happened to have a set I did some time ago. I added the Schooners when I did this as there was talk of adding them at that time.

Added.

Cole 10-17-2023 07:50 AM

Thanks for the new logos !

coachcbj 10-17-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3414900)
I just happened to have a set I did some time ago. I added the Schooners when I did this as there was talk of adding them at that time.

Added.

Amazing work! Not to be greedy but can we get NSFL Helmets?

NawlinsFan 10-21-2023 09:05 AM

Not knowing for sure how the slivers are pulled in game I went ahead and created anothe NFL logo set with no border and with a sliver for each just in case it is a separate file.

We will see.

MizzouRah 10-31-2023 08:50 PM

Can't wait, always appreciate your fantastic work!!

NawlinsFan 11-01-2023 06:32 AM

Bump - first post release set loaded. Straight logos for a 32 NFL format. Working on aliggning helmets next, if I can.

I also added a modded csv file to set the team names. Still working it but the NFL teams are in as well as the Canadian teams.

Mike Lowe 11-01-2023 09:11 AM

I see where to place the default_teams.csv file, but not the logos.

I'm not seeing where to put these, based on previous years (AppData\Roaming). I also didn't see it in the Steam\SteamApps\Common area?

Mike Lowe 11-01-2023 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Lowe (Post 3416751)

I'm not seeing where to put these, based on previous years (AppData\Roaming). I also didn't see it in the Steam\SteamApps\Common area?

Found it. For anyone else not sure, it's here:

\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Nine\saved_games\YOURLEAGUE\logos

rkmsuf 11-01-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Lowe (Post 3416751)

where do you put the teams file?

NawlinsFan 11-01-2023 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmsuf (Post 3416757)
where do you put the teams file?

Its within the thread for the league you created in a "logos" folder

rkmsuf 11-01-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3416762)
Its within the thread for the league you created in a "logos" folder

weird I only see logos in the logos folder. all .bmp files.

NawlinsFan 11-01-2023 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmsuf (Post 3416765)
weird I only see logos in the logos folder. all .bmp files.

I'm sorry, you mean the csv file (?). That goes in the default_data folder where the game istelf installs.

rkmsuf 11-01-2023 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3416766)
I'm sorry, you mean the csv file (?). That goes in the default_data folder where the game istelf installs.

yes. sorry about that and all the questions. where is that typically? I wasn't paying attention and just clicked through on install.

NawlinsFan 11-01-2023 10:05 AM

I'm working another set of helmet logos but in order for them to work on the standings and schedule pages they are half the size of the regular logos. It's not that bad overall but does make a difference.

Also, should Jim peek in here. The game folder page enlarges the logo files causing rough edges. Is there any way to have them either displayed as they are on the top of the team page or even reduced slightly?

Reduced helmets display like this:

korme 11-01-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3416766)

I put that csv in that folder but when creating a new game I still get the Cincinnati Monarchs and such.

jaygr 11-01-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korme (Post 3416775)
I put that csv in that folder but when creating a new game I still get the Cincinnati Monarchs and such.

I'm also having this issue.

NawlinsFan 11-01-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korme (Post 3416775)

Which configuration are you running? 32 teams? 24?

your drive:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Front Office Football Nine\default_data

mmartin68 11-01-2023 10:55 AM

csv file

Where so I put the .csv file? Sorry not very knowledgeable on this.

Mike

mmartin68 11-01-2023 11:08 AM

I am also getting the made up team names after putting them in the folder it is supposed to.

korme 11-01-2023 11:20 AM

I ended up manually editing the team_info csv for the 2023 teams and put in the correct nicknames. That worked.

Why can't we do this in the game?

NawlinsFan 11-01-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmartin68 (Post 3416788)
I am also getting the made up team names after putting them in the folder it is supposed to.

Interesting. I have used it twice now to create a 32 team league and it was fine and I verified the names are changed. Not sure why the names are the original ones. I will continue to dig.

Sweed 11-01-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3416796)
Interesting. I have used it twice now to create a 32 team league and it was fine and I verified the names are changed. Not sure why the names are the original ones. I will continue to dig.

Having this happen to me too. Here is what I've been through.

Copied in the real team name csv. Opened it and confirmed the names were changed. Started a new save, still had fictional names.

FOF9 was on my D drive. Uninstalled/reinstalled, copied csv file, started game, still fictional names.

Uninstalled FOF, deleted solesismic file in appdata. Reinstalled on C, copied in csv before ever opening the game. Started FOF for the first time. Created league, still have fictional team names.

I'm not understanding this at all. Game was never opened with the default file. Where are the default fictional names coming from?

Not expecting you to be tech support for FOF, just adding to the converstaion hoping a common cause can be found ;)

OldGiants 11-01-2023 11:58 AM

I can see from the time stamp that "default_teams" is the version I copied in after I installed. In the correct folder. Yet the team names remain default fictional.

Not sure what else to do except punt and try to get the ball back.

Ben E Lou 11-01-2023 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweed (Post 3416802)
Having this happen to me too. Here is what I've been through.

Copied in the real team name csv. Opened it and confirmed the names were changed. Started a new save, still had fictional names.

FOF9 was on my D drive. Uninstalled/reinstalled, copied csv file, started game, still fictional names.

Uninstalled FOF, deleted solesismic file in appdata. Reinstalled on C, copied in csv before ever opening the game. Started FOF for the first time. Created league, still have fictional team names.

I'm not understanding this at all. Game was never opened with the default file. Where are the default fictional names coming from?

Not expecting you to be tech support for FOF, just adding to the converstaion hoping a common cause can be found ;)

There are two different files, and which one is used depends on how you start the game. I can't look right now because I have it simming 25ish seasons, but one of them has league structure info in it in like the first column on the left that tells you this is used for a 32-team, 16-game league or whatever, so if you are starting your league with a specific configuration, you need to have that one customized. Then the other one is used for..something else.

Ben E Lou 11-01-2023 12:03 PM

Dola...just found it in the .txt files.

"default_teams.csv

Information used to create teams when starting a new league, and no specific single-year configuration is used. Teams are connected to a specific league structure instead. This information is not used when starting a new league when random team hosts are selected.
"

vs

"team_info.csv

Information used to create teams when starting a new league, and a default configuration is chosen related to a specific season. This replaces the Default Teams table for those leagues."

Sweed 11-01-2023 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3416808)
Dola...just found it in the .txt files.

"default_teams.csv

Information used to create teams when starting a new league, and no specific single-year configuration is used. Teams are connected to a specific league structure instead. This information is not used when starting a new league when random team hosts are selected.
"

vs

"team_info.csv

Information used to create teams when starting a new league, and a default configuration is chosen related to a specific season. This replaces the Default Teams table for those leagues."

Thanks Ben, that was it. Renamed teams in the tea_info and all is well.

Gallifrey 11-01-2023 12:31 PM

As Ben pointed out;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Front Office Football Nine\default_data

Modify:

default_teams.csv
teams_info.csv

When you start a new universe you will get the updated names.

In team_info.csv you have all your stadium information.
In default_teams.csv you have your color scheme information.

HansMellman 11-01-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Lowe (Post 3416753)
Found it. For anyone else not sure, it's here:

\AppData\Local\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football Nine\saved_games\YOURLEAGUE\logos

Does this mean that this process will need to be repeated upon each new league creation?

korme 11-01-2023 01:05 PM

I've had to copy those team logos in all 3 test leagues I ended up creating.

Gallifrey 11-01-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HansMellman (Post 3416825)
Does this mean that this process will need to be repeated upon each new league creation?

No, it is a one time change.
Once you set the team nicknames here you are good for future universes.

Gallifrey 11-01-2023 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korme (Post 3416827)
I've had to copy those team logos in all 3 test leagues I ended up creating.

Team logos are different.

An easy way is once you have a universe with the logos updated, create a copy of the folder and drop it into any new universe.

HansMellman 11-01-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallifrey (Post 3416840)
No, it is a one time change.
Once you set the team nicknames here you are good for future universes.

Yeah, that's with the names - I was referencing the addition of the logos, as those seem to require being placed into the directory of each newly created save game.

INDalltheway 11-01-2023 02:54 PM

So who is going to make a less silly 'injureman' graphic? :D

For some reason the one in game drives me nuts

Or this would be better

NawlinsFan 11-01-2023 03:10 PM

Let me try. We likely can't be will see.

mikemarra82 11-01-2023 05:07 PM

I am having my difficulties as well trying to work the files, change logos and renames teams. A bit too much for me right now. Going to take a step back for a few days. Hoping its more than just me and can be corrected.