Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XCVIII - 24 Day Game Over - Post 2899 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=73316)

hoopsguy 06-29-2009 11:19 AM

Werewolf XCVIII - 24 Day Game Over - Post 2899

Tick tick tick tick
tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
KA-BOOM!

The next game of werewolf will be based upon the FOX show "24". Information on this show can be found on many different places on the Internet, but my co-moderator Barkeep49 and I have relied mainly on Wikipedia.

The game is targeted to start on Monday, July 6th with a Night 0. Day 1 will begin at 9PM CST on Monday night.

And now, the rules ....

Source - this game is based upon the FOX TV show "24". All content is derived from personal experience watching this show, as well as research at Wikipedia.org and 24.wikia.com. This is not based off any one particular season. Instead, characters from each of hte eight seasons are represented. There is a smidge of creative writing that is solely from the collective imagination of Barkeep49 and Hoopsguy.

Background: The following events take place at 5AM. The Department of Homeland Security has raised the National Threat Advisory to "Orange". But inside the offices of the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) the concern is even more grave. Rumors are flying of an imminent attack on US soil from an as yet unidentified group known only as "The Conspiracy". All levels of government are focused on learning more about this threat as quickly as possible.

Breakdown:
Players: 25 (not a fixed #)
Evil/Werewolves: Conspiracy
Good/Villagers: Government
Undetermined: only the truly paranoid thinks anyone fits in this category

Win Conditions:
Conspiracy: achieve a 1:1 ratio with the Government
Government: eliminate all members of the Conspiracy
Undetermined: does anyone actually believe that these people exist?

Roles:
Each character is assigned the name of a character from the television show. All characters have unique abilities. The faction of the players, with the exception of Jack Bauer, is not predicated on the actions on the television show. However, it is logical to assume that the player abilities will be at least loosely associated with the capabilities demonstrated on the television show. As applied to werewolf, of course.

The game begins with one public role - Jack Bauer, CTU agent extraordinaire, is loyal to the Government. All other players have private roles. It is the discretion of the players, both individually and collectively, to share any information about their role. The moderators have strived to have an appropriate risk/reward system in place for such conversations.

On that note, the Conspiracy will know at least two characters that are not in the game in order to assist with fake reveals. The moderators would encourage all players to play as fast and loose with their roles as possible, in order to provide us with the most amusement.

Deadlines:
In a nutshell, there are not set deadlines. Instead, the deadlines will be fluid and predicated on player actions. There is not a day/night cycle, but there is a lynch that the moderators will use to mark "days" in terms of the thread title.

Lynching can occur at any time in this game. For a lynch to occur the leading vote getter must have a certain % of the total player votes. The farther away from the last lynch it has been the lower the percentage that is required. It is unknown what % is needed at what time except that between 23 hours and 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds since the last lynch 40% of votes must be on the leading candidate in order for a lynch to occur. As soon as the required % is reached lynching will occur instantly, rendering invalid any votes cast after that one.

Votes are cast in traditional werewolf fashion. Votes should be in bold. If there is also discussion in the voting post then the vote should be at the very bottom of the post. Unvotes are allowed and must follow the same convention - bold and at bottom of post.

Player actions are predicated by the passing of time, not days in the game. For example, a player may be able to use a power every 36 hours. This information will be included in each of the role PMs sent at the beginning of the game. The contents of all PMs, including the starting PMs, may be discussed within the thread if the player sees an advantage in doing so.

The order of actions will be driven by the order that actions are submitted. All actions must be submitted by PM to both moderators. We can not accept actions via e-mail or IM since we are relying on the time maintained by OperationSports (when PM arrives at Inbox) to determine the order of actions.

Additional Notes: all characters begin the game with the ability to sent up to four PMs per day to anyone in the game. This is in addition to any role-specific PM abilities (Conspiracy members can PM each other freely, for example). The moderators must be included on all PMs. Players are on the honor system to not send PMs above and beyond the set limit. Please do not forward the initial role PMs when exchanging PMs with other players.

The moderators will do their best to have at least one moderator around to process actions in a timely manner and will inform players if at least one moderator won't be around for an extended time. As a rule there will be no moderators present from approximately 2 AM - 6 AM CDT. Any actions or votes will be processed chronologically even if no moderator is present.

Due to the unusual nature of the game no actions or votes will be accepted and all powers "paused" between 12 AM Saturday (aka Friday night) and 6 AM Monday.

hoopsguy 06-29-2009 11:20 AM

List of 24 characters:

CTU Agents
1. Jack Bauer (public role - Government)
Jack Bauer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jack Bauer - Wiki 24

2. Tony Almeida
Tony Almeida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tony Almeida - Wiki 24

3. Nina Myers
Nina Myers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nina Myers - Wiki 24

4. George Mason
George Mason - Wiki 24

5. Ryan Chappell
Ryan Chappelle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ryan Chappelle - Wiki 24

6. Bill Buchanan
Bill Buchanan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bill Buchanan - Wiki 24

7. Curtis Manning
Curtis Manning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Curtis Manning - Wiki 24

8. Chase Edmunds
Chase Edmunds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chase Edmunds - Wiki 24

Computer Experts
9. Chloe O'Brian
Chloe O'Brian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chloe O'Brian - Wiki 24

10. Michelle Dessler
Michelle Dessler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Michelle Dessler - Wiki 24

11. Kim Bauer
Kim Bauer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kim Bauer - Wiki 24

12. Edgar Stiles
Edgar Stiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Edgar Stiles - Wiki 24

13. Janis Gold
Janis Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Janis Gold - Wiki 24

14. Morris O'Brian
Morris O'Brian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Morris O'Brian - Wiki 24

Presidents and their Wives
15. David Palmer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Palmer_(24_character
David Palmer - Wiki 24

16. Wayne Palmer
Wayne Palmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wayne Palmer - Wiki 24

17. Charles Logan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Logan_(24_character)
Charles Logan - Wiki 24

18. Martha Logan
Martha Logan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Martha Logan - Wiki 24

19. President Suvarov
Yuri Suvarov - Wiki 24

20. Sherry Palmer
Sherry Palmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sherry Palmer - Wiki 24

Government Officials

21. Mike Novick
Mike Novick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mike Novick - Wiki 24

22. Audrey Raines
Audrey Raines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Audrey Raines - Wiki 24

23. Larry Moss
Larry Moss - Wiki 24

24. Renee Walker
Renee Walker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Renee Walker - Wiki 24

TV Show Villains

25. Victor Drazen
Victor Drazen - Wiki 24

26. Habib Marwan
Habib Marwan - Wiki 24

27. Graem Bauer
Graem Bauer - Wiki 24

28. Jonas Hodges
Jonas Hodges - Wiki 24

Other
29. Aaron Pierce
Aaron Pierce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aaron Pierce - Wiki 24

30. James Heller
James Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
James Heller - Wiki 24

31. David Emerson
David Emerson - Wiki 24

Note - Wikipedia references are provided for all characters with their own page. The "24.wikia.com" listings seem much more complete for those who want to really know the inside scoop on their characters.

Sign-up list:
1. Danny - Killed Day 4 Chloe O'Brien (Government)
2. Tyrith - Killed Day 2 Aaron Pierce (Government)
3. TheJackal - George Mason
4. JAG - Killed Day 2 Habib Marwan (Government)
5. PackerFanatic (replaced by Claphamsa Day 1) - Lynched Day 2 Edgar Stiles (Government)
6. Passacaglia - Lynched Day 4 Jonas Hodges (Conspiracy)
7. Autumn - Lynched Day 5 Nina Myers (Conspiracy)
8. Schmidty - Audrey Raines
9. Chief Rum - Killed Day 3 Kim Bauer (Conspiracy)
10. PurdueBrad - Killed Day 7 Sherry Palmer (Neutral)
11. KWhit - Lynched Day 1 Michelle Dressler (Government)
12. BrianD - Morris O'Brian
13. nfg22 - Killed Day 5 President Suvarov (Government)
14. ISiddiqui - Killed Day 8 Victor Drazen (Conspiracy)
15. DaddyTorgo - CTU Special Agent Jack Bauer
16. ntndeacon - Chase Edmunds
17. Saldana - Ryan Chapelle
18. Alan T - killed Day 3 Charles Logan (Government)
19. Kingfc22 - Larry Moss
20. Thomkal - Lynched Day 6 Graem Bauer (Conspiracy)
21. Telle - Lynched Day 3 Janis Gold (Government)
22. path12 - David Palmer
23. henry296 - Renee Walker
24. eaglefan - Tony Almeida

Alternate:
1. Lerriuqs (available after 7/11)
2. JEHeinz

Banned:
1. Plutonium

Important game posts:

And final reserved post.

Danny 06-29-2009 11:22 AM

I am in like a thin Laura Flynn

Tyrith 06-29-2009 11:23 AM

Aww, I'm not first in anymore.

Danny 06-29-2009 11:26 AM

Is who is what character made public? In the Marvel game we knew who each character just not powers and such

The Jackal 06-29-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2060991)
Is who is what character made public? In the Marvel game we knew who each character just not powers and such

I'm guessing no since in that game we all had separate accounts, so it didn't matter that we knew who the characters were.

hoopsguy 06-29-2009 11:29 AM

Danny - nope, there is no start of the game match like "Danny = David Palmer". There may be reasons to disclose that info, but there may be reasons to keep it to yourself.

Danny 06-29-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2060995)
I'm guessing no since in that game we all had separate accounts, so it didn't matter that we knew who the characters were.

It still mattered in that game as the wolves specifically targeted players who were likely to have telepathic based powers. Of course, in that game it would have been much less fun if we didn't know as that would have taken away the role play factor.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2061004)
It still mattered in that game as the wolves specifically targeted players who were likely to have telepathic based powers. Of course, in that game it would have been much less fun if we didn't know as that would have taken away the role play factor.

Right. Man, that was a fun game. I've forgotten who I possessed as of now, but I'm sure they haven't. ;)

Danny 06-29-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2061006)
Right. Man, that was a fun game. I've forgotten who I possessed as of now, but I'm sure they haven't. ;)

Yeah, probably my favorite game outside of you possessing me. And no I have not and will not forget. I'm not sure I ever did get my vengeance. Perhaps in this game.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2061007)
Yeah, probably my favorite game outside of you possessing me. And no I have not and will not forget. I'm not sure I ever did get my vengeance. Perhaps in this game.

Which one were you?

Danny 06-29-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2061008)
Which one were you?

Nick Fury

The Jackal 06-29-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2061009)
Nick Fury

Right. Nothing personal. :D

JAG 06-29-2009 11:42 AM

I'll give it a shot.

PackerFanatic 06-29-2009 12:33 PM

I love 24. And Jackal should be our resident Elisha Cuthbert poster ;)

I am in.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 2061048)
I love 24. And Jackal should be our resident Elisha Cuthbert poster ;)

I am in.

Well I mean now it's going to have to happen.

Danny 06-29-2009 12:42 PM

Cuthbert is going to end up a wolf and betraying her father.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 12:47 PM

She already betrayed us all:

sigh

Danny 06-29-2009 12:48 PM

Wow, she doesn't look hot there and Sean Avery? Ugg

hoopsguy 06-29-2009 12:48 PM

I'm sure Tyrith will have thoughts on that pic.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2061068)
Wow, she doesn't look hot there and Sean Avery? Ugg

I promise, that's the last pic I'll post of her where she doesn't look great. But Sean Avery doesn't deserve her at her hottest, and it kind of makes me feel better to see that.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 12:52 PM

We all make mistakes; she redeemed herself by dating Phaneuf shortly after. But hopefully she's single by now.

Danny 06-29-2009 12:55 PM

With how hot girls like to date hockey players you'd think that the NHL could find some marketing in that.

Danny 06-29-2009 12:56 PM

I had to edit that one, I mistyped the whole thing horribly :)

PackerFanatic 06-29-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2061072)
... Sean Avery doesn't deserve her at her hottest, and it kind of makes me feel better to see that.

So much truth right there.

Passacaglia 06-29-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2061007)

Actually, being possessed was really fun for me -- except for when it came down to actually trying to convince people I had been possessed. That still burns me.

But my early role-playing the Scarlet Witch, and trying to figure out what her character was supposed to be like, was also fun. The time when I guaranteed our success on some colossal failure of a mission was good times.

Passacaglia 06-29-2009 01:54 PM

Oh, and in.

Autumn 06-29-2009 02:07 PM

I don't think I can resist this game, I love ones with all the roles, Hoops. I'm a little worried as the one thing that gave me an ulcer about the Marvel game was the real time actions, coming in five minutes after Hulk had tried to smash me, for instance. I'm a little afraid it will give me conniptions, but if the game is based on it rather than it just being a freak thing maybe I'll be all right.

In.

Danny 06-29-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2061134)
Actually, being possessed was really fun for me -- except for when it came down to actually trying to convince people I had been possessed. That still burns me.

But my early role-playing the Scarlet Witch, and trying to figure out what her character was supposed to be like, was also fun. The time when I guaranteed our success on some colossal failure of a mission was good times.

Your situation was a bit different since you still was able to post and play, plus it was one day, not four :)

hoopsguy 06-29-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2061145)
I don't think I can resist this game, I love ones with all the roles, Hoops. I'm a little worried as the one thing that gave me an ulcer about the Marvel game was the real time actions, coming in five minutes after Hulk had tried to smash me, for instance. I'm a little afraid it will give me conniptions, but if the game is based on it rather than it just being a freak thing maybe I'll be all right.

In.

As the rules are posted, I think it will be clear that the real-time element is core to this game where it was an oddity in the Marvel games.

Also, if someone is uncomfortable with the rules as they are posted just let me know and I can remove names from the list. I hope that people will be excited about the game, but if the game does not look like it suits them then let me know.

Schmidty 06-29-2009 05:20 PM

I will play if you'll have me.

Tyrith 06-29-2009 05:46 PM

Sean Avery got Brett Hull fired, so I'd almost say he was a good thing for the Stars.

Chief Rum 06-29-2009 06:12 PM

I am in please.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 2061269)
Sean Avery got Brett Hull fired, so I'd almost say he was a good thing for the Stars.

With the amount of money they had to pay? No.

The Jackal 06-29-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2061134)

Possessing you was fun because we could actually communicate. I definitely felt bad possessing the other two - it was Danny/Nick Fury and.. who? The first one was the toughest to pick, that was definitely gonna make someone pissed.

Schmidty 06-29-2009 07:46 PM

Ugh. Please, no one bring up possession.....

PurdueBrad 06-29-2009 08:48 PM

I am definitely in, but may be in and out a lot on day 1 and 2 as we'll be driving back to Chicago. But I would like to play if that isn't a problem.

KWhit 06-29-2009 09:26 PM

In

Passacaglia 06-30-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2061326)
Possessing you was fun because we could actually communicate. I definitely felt bad possessing the other two - it was Danny/Nick Fury and.. who? The first one was the toughest to pick, that was definitely gonna make someone pissed.

Yeah, but it did get confusing. I was all, "wait, is that new PM from me to you, or from you to me?" And I didn't want to read it, in case it was from me to you, and I was marking it read when you hadn't seen it yet.

EagleFan 06-30-2009 10:13 AM

What the heck, I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Poli 06-30-2009 02:06 PM

I'd sign up but I'm busy scheming my way to the top in youth football. Camp is just two weeks away.

hoopsguy 06-30-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2061969)
I'd sign up but I'm busy scheming my way to the top in youth football. Camp is just two weeks away.

I imagine that you would make a fine field agent if the youths could spare you.

lerriuqs 06-30-2009 02:14 PM

Wish I could but I'm out of town all next week...

hoopsguy 06-30-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lerriuqs (Post 2061976)
Wish I could but I'm out of town all next week...

Bummer. If there was an interest in coming in as a replacement player upon your return I would love to slot you for that. For whatever reason, I find that my games usually need one before all is said and done.

Danny 06-30-2009 02:26 PM

I will take Lerriuqs and Poli's spot in addition to mine.

lerriuqs 06-30-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2061982)
Bummer. If there was an interest in coming in as a replacement player upon your return I would love to slot you for that. For whatever reason, I find that my games usually need one before all is said and done.

I probably could - I'm not back till after the 11th.

hoopsguy 06-30-2009 02:38 PM

I'll list you as an alternate, with that date in mind.