Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW DII - The Dungeon 2 : Dungeon Harder! GAME OVER!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83748)

JAG 04-04-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2634207)
Your post makes no sense jag, what exactly was off about my moves and exits?

Quote:

So again, initial room had a throne on it (which I sat on and did nothing) with exits foward and to the right.

I went to the right, encountered four guzzaks and they would have killed me if not for pixies coming to my rescue. Pretty sure Abe planned to stick me in the room right next to four monsters

My exits for this room are backward, forward, and right for Dvergr or Guzak

From the 4 guzak room, you said there was an exit to your right and with your orientation, that would take you out of the dungeon (if you could fit through it) or at least to a ring that's further out than where everyone started.

bhlloy 04-04-2012 10:11 AM

PB - interested in knowing your move plans today. Any reason for you to stick around? My room is empty so I'll be moving somewhere, but if you are staying put I will head forward and maybe there is a chance we meet up

bhlloy 04-04-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634217)
From the 4 guzak room, you said there was an exit to your right and with your orientation, that would take you out of the dungeon (if you could fit through it) or at least to a ring that's further out than where everyone started.

The pixies did say there was something outside the dungeon this time, although the # of rooms were the same. So maybe that makes sense

Danny 04-04-2012 10:14 AM

Thanks somehow in my mInd i was thinking left, but i cpnfirmed and it was rght so true but keep in mind it was only for small classes, maybe it was some sort of secret room / passage type thing. Bit yes it does seem the dingeon is not a perfect square / rectangle

Autumn 04-04-2012 10:15 AM

Yeah it's just weird from a mapping sense, Danny. That's the only case of a room behind our starting squares.

Danny 04-04-2012 10:16 AM

I searched this mornimg but only found some dirty stained paladin underwear.

Danny 04-04-2012 10:19 AM

Yeah, i wouldnt be surprised of that room had some pretty cool stuff in it

JAG 04-04-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634221)
Yeah it's just weird from a mapping sense, Danny. That's the only case of a room behind our starting squares.

But we know something weird happened with bhlloy and one of Mau/SK's orientation as well. I was thinking maybe at the side of the dungeon it wraps around to the far side? So Mau for example went right and went from one side of the dungeon to the other which let SK go right and meet with him. It would probably make more sense to explain it on graph paper.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2634218)
PB - interested in knowing your move plans today. Any reason for you to stick around? My room is empty so I'll be moving somewhere, but if you are staying put I will head forward and maybe there is a chance we meet up

I'm really, really torn right now. There is a chest in my room that I can't open unless I try to bash it (no guarantee to open it) but it requires a separate action which means I would have to stay through the move phase.

At the same token though, I want to go forward a room to see if someone has been there before or is there now. I figure given the number of rooms that I have access to that I should eventually run in to somebody OR be in a room that somebody else has been in.

IF I stay put, I'll bash the chest with one action, examine my scroll with another, sleep, and then I guess chill in the morning.

Right now I think I'm going to move forward a room to look for overlap and then I can come back the next day if need be.

Bhlloy, if you move and I move we double our chances of at least finding out where each other are. If you end up in the chest room, take a hack at it as I killed the snake that guards it.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:28 AM

Can anyone confirm whether or not the map I posted worked?

Danny 04-04-2012 10:28 AM

What if we are all in dungeons in paralell universes and the mau who met up with simba was not the mau of this dimension

Danny 04-04-2012 10:31 AM

Simba should head to the room i was in with the throne cause i know he cant wait to be king

bhlloy 04-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634227)
I'm really, really torn right now. There is a chest in my room that I can't open unless I try to bash it (no guarantee to open it) but it requires a separate action which means I would have to stay through the move phase.

At the same token though, I want to go forward a room to see if someone has been there before or is there now. I figure given the number of rooms that I have access to that I should eventually run in to somebody OR be in a room that somebody else has been in.

IF I stay put, I'll bash the chest with one action, examine my scroll with another, sleep, and then I guess chill in the morning.

Right now I think I'm going to move forward a room to look for overlap and then I can come back the next day if need be.

Bhlloy, if you move and I move we double our chances of at least finding out where each other are. If you end up in the chest room, take a hack at it as I killed the snake that guards it.

Yeah this sounds good to me. No sense in one of us wasting a day on the off chance we might be facing each other. I'll head forward and see where I end up

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:35 AM

Bhlloy, I just read about your character, sounds awesome. I really hope we run into each other because I think we can both help each other a freaking ton.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:36 AM

MECHANICS QUESTION: IF I were to enter a room that someone else was leaving and they were moving to enter my same room (in other words, we would essentially be passing each other in the passageway) are we given notification of it or do we only find out when we compare room notes in here?

Danny 04-04-2012 10:40 AM

MECHANICS QUESTION: if one of te characters breaks wind while passing in pb's scenario, does that change the answer?

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:41 AM

Watch yourself battlemage, you could find yourself at the end of my sword.

Thomkal 04-04-2012 10:42 AM

Searching the stables found nothing so I'm moving ahead to the next level of the dungeon and probably my death!

JAG 04-04-2012 10:45 AM

PB, if you go left, it's possible you'll end up in a room I've been in. Another potential bonus is you'll have the option to flee back to your room without losing a day to go back and loot the chest if you do happen to go to that room.

Based on bhlloy's orientation, I don't think you two could be facing each other because for both of you the dark bricks are to the right.

Ragone 04-04-2012 10:52 AM

Had to fight off a trap and a spider.. managed to survive.. Got some lewt!

+1 dagger and gold.. I think i'm going to head right again

mckerney 04-04-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634100)
So mckerney, what were the exits from the sword and shield room? I assume up is forward in your map? What were the exits from the table room?

Up is forward in my starting room. Exits are directions without the black border, so forward and left in room 1, then forward and back in room 2.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634246)
PB, if you go left, it's possible you'll end up in a room I've been in. Another potential bonus is you'll have the option to flee back to your room without losing a day to go back and loot the chest if you do happen to go to that room.

Based on bhlloy's orientation, I don't think you two could be facing each other because for both of you the dark bricks are to the right.

Agreed JAG that Bhlloy and I are not facing each other. The way I've read it is that he is still skirting the perimeter and I'm skirting the second ring. So my move would keep me in the second ring and his would move him into the second ring, hopefully landing us somewhere in the series of rooms that I've been in. If I wasn't hoping to bump into somebody in the second ring JAG I would head to the left to see if those rooms matched up.

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634238)
MECHANICS QUESTION: IF I were to enter a room that someone else was leaving and they were moving to enter my same room (in other words, we would essentially be passing each other in the passageway) are we given notification of it or do we only find out when we compare room notes in here?

This question makes certain assumptions about the dungeon.

mckerney 04-04-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634228)
Can anyone confirm whether or not the map I posted worked?

It worked for me.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2634255)

Hmmm...

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2634256)
It worked for me.

Thanks mckerney!

JAG 04-04-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634254)
Agreed JAG that Bhlloy and I are not facing each other. The way I've read it is that he is still skirting the perimeter and I'm skirting the second ring. So my move would keep me in the second ring and his would move him into the second ring, hopefully landing us somewhere in the series of rooms that I've been in. If I wasn't hoping to bump into somebody in the second ring JAG I would head to the left to see if those rooms matched up.

bhlloy has to be on the second ring or else he shouldn't have access to the darker bricks from the room he's in.

JAG 04-04-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2634255)

You must've been a Mage in a former life.

ntndeacon 04-04-2012 11:05 AM

We found an interesting scroll with a recipe on it.

bhlloy 04-04-2012 11:19 AM

I think it's pretty clear from Abe's response and some of the weirdness that Autumn and JAG have noted from peoples responses that we aren't in a conventional place here. What that means I'm not sure and can't really go into detail with at work but I certainly don't think we are in a square dungeon where everyone can meet in the middle

JAG 04-04-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2632911)
The sprites tell you, "This Dungeon has 169 rooms, which is the same it always is. But there is something more outside it!

Here's one of the sprite hints. Last time I believe the dungeon was a 13 x 13 cube. That sort of jives with some of our observations thus far (some starting rooms being one space from each other, the darker bricks starting two rooms in from where we started, sprite hint above that it's the 'same it always is' and has 169 rooms). What is the 'something more outside it' though?

JAG 04-04-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2633595)
I can't wrap my head around the fact that you've both gone right after being oriented towards the center of the dungeon and met up one room over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633641)
somebody's going to do the math on this one pretty quickly

A hint from Abe.

Other than the possibility that there are some access points that allow you to travel to the far side of the dungeon, I am at a loss. Hopefully the clues I posted will give someone else an idea.

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 11:49 AM

Sweet, some herbs. Now we have to go somewhere we haven't been yet. The exits are backward, right, and left.. I came from the right..

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 11:49 AM

I would have to guess that there is some sort of transporter device somewhere in the dungeon that transports you to some room outside of the dungeon or something like that, and then transports you back. Purely a guess, though.

Autumn 04-04-2012 11:57 AM

Yeah, I think we're definitely not in a conventional 13x13 square, at least not all starting on teh outside ring. Bhlloy has seen dark bricks on both sides of him, for one thing. Could there be two centers to the dungeon? That doesn't seem to match what Abe told us to begin, but would explain how two people could go right and end up in teh same room.

Zinto 04-04-2012 12:00 PM

What is odd about the room Julio and I are in is that I can move forward, left and backwards while he can move backwards, left, and right. Not sure if anyone else who is together have seen something similar.

Autumn 04-04-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634225)
But we know something weird happened with bhlloy and one of Mau/SK's orientation as well. I was thinking maybe at the side of the dungeon it wraps around to the far side? So Mau for example went right and went from one side of the dungeon to the other which let SK go right and meet with him. It would probably make more sense to explain it on graph paper.

I think this may be right also.

Autumn 04-04-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2634243)
Searching the stables found nothing so I'm moving ahead to the next level of the dungeon and probably my death!

are you going left thomkal? Were there any other exits?

Autumn 04-04-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2634292)
What is odd about the room Julio and I are in is that I can move forward, left and backwards while he can move backwards, left, and right. Not sure if anyone else who is together have seen something similar.

The directions are given to you from the perspective of what door you just came through. So you guys came in from right angles to each other.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2633822)
JAG, dubb, Chief, bhlloy, mckerney, Kwhit, I'd love to have a description of your rooms you've been in so I can piece together this map a bit more.

Okay, let me see if I can lay it all out. Note: All directions I give here are from the perspective of "forward==deeper into the dungeon; backward==further out from center of dungeon; right and left staying same level"

ROOM ONE: I started in a room with a star in the middle, a chute on the left side of the room, and two exits, one forward and one to the left. You can ignore the chute; it goes nowhere.

ROOM TWO: I went left. The room I entered was described as having no features at all, except for an Earth Imp, which I killed. It has exits going left and going forward.

I got a Horse Figurine from the imp, so I was able to move right away. I went forward, deeper into the dungeon.

ROOM THREE: This rooms looks like a dried out cave, with old stalactites and stuff. I fell into a shallow pit in here and encountered a Trap Door Spider, which I killed (barely). I could go four directions from this room, forward, backward, right or left. I went left.

ROOM FOUR: This room has a table with four scrolls on it, and I had the option to grab a scroll. When I did, the scroll turned out to be a Paper Sprite I needed to kill (which I did, now I am Level Two, yay). I have no idea if the other scrolls are also Paper Sprites.

My options here are to go forward, backward or right. I'm not going forward (deeper) yet, so I am likely to go backward to get to a room I haven't yet been.

Code:

.....?<--[4]-->?
..........^
..........^
..........^
[2]---->[3]-->?

.^.......v
.^.......?
.^
[X]-->?

Simbo Klice 04-04-2012 12:08 PM

Ugh, that sucked mauboy. I don't know what we're going to do next, but I don't think moving would be a good idea. I'll heal you tomorrow morning so you can at least move again after.

Zinto 04-04-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634297)
The directions are given to you from the perspective of what door you just came through. So you guys came in from right angles to each other.

Ah, thanks Autumn :)

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 12:20 PM

Hmm, just realized I just did a bunch of editing of a post in, ostensibly, a WW game. I was just trying to get my map above right.

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 12:22 PM

So that would be forward for you, left for me to get into a new room?

Zinto 04-04-2012 12:26 PM

I believe that is the case, I have now drawn up a map since I realized that without one I would be incredibly lost.

Autumn 04-04-2012 12:30 PM

All right my brethren. I give you ...

THE GOOGLE DOC OF DOOM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kh1dXNSWi03S1E

The first sheet is the info I have on people's movements and rooms.

The second sheet is a series of mini-maps I've put together. Light blue indicates a room that exists beyond a door, presumably, but that hasn't been entered. A gray indicates a direction where it seems there is no room. Dark blue indicates the next level of darker bricks, though I haven't added that on all of them. I think everyone who has seen the third row of rooms has seen darker bricks, but correct me if that's wrong.

I left it so it can be edited, though it might be better to just have me make edits to keep it consistent. Or make notes on a separate sheet. I will keep adding info I collect and hopefully connecting some of those mini maps.

I will even let JAG and Dubb look at it, even though they've done diddly-squat to help me make it. I should call myself Chicken Little.

Autumn 04-04-2012 12:34 PM

Thanks, Chief. So you are in the second layer of dark bricks, correct?

Zinto 04-04-2012 12:34 PM

Thanks Autumn!

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634105)
NTN, Jackal and Darth, what room are you in now?

I'm in a room with an old woman who wants to tell my fortune. Why there is an old fortune teller in the middle of the dungeon I have no idea. And she has this look that seems to say "I'm lonely...." Which is creeping me the fuck out!

I can go backwards, forwards (into the darker bricks), right, or left

Autumn 04-04-2012 12:39 PM

It seems Ragone might be near you, Chief. He found a room that was cave-like. Compare details and see if it's the same.