Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Sitcom Sanitarium: The Return of Werewolf (Game Over - Village wins / Telle Wins) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=92992)

EagleFan 04-29-2017 02:06 PM

The Sitcom Sanitarium: The Return of Werewolf (Game Over - Village wins / Telle Wins)

Okay, let's do this. We haven't had a game here in forever.

Aiming for a May 8th start. With 10 PM EST daily/nightly deadlines.

Sitcom Sanitarium

Where do sitcom characters go when their series is over? Sure, we can all continue our lives but they get tossed aside like that new tie you got for father's day last year, and the year before that, etc... Characters that once commanded our full attention and admiration but we are a fickle lot. Once they can no longer entertain us weekly, we no longer care.

They often tried to cope, maybe with a cameo on another show or a late night infomercial but it never brought them the attention they were craving. They never reached that same high again.

For the lucky few, this led to alcohol and drugs. For the others, the story is a little darker...

Welcome to the Sitcom Sanitarium.

EagleFan 04-29-2017 02:06 PM

Rules

Voting
- All votes must be made in their own post, this will make the vote stand out clearly.
- A vote made within a post with other details will not be counted; explain you vote, if you wish, in a different post.
- Votes must be in bold. Example: vote EagleFan
- Unvoting is allowed and must follow the same rules as voting.

Tie Votes
- In the event of a tie...? Try it and find out. :devil:

Deadline
- The vote deadline is 10:00 PM EST.
- Voted with a time stamp of 10:00 PM EST will count.
- Votes with a time stamp of 10:01 PM EST will not count.

General
- No personal attacks.
- No revealing of direct information received within a PM.... no quoting from the PM.

Bonus Votes
- Bonus votes will be used during the day in which they are received.
- If you gain a bonus vote it will make your vote count as two votes that day.

Order of Night Actions
- Stealth/disguise orders (will be in place for the remaining steps)
- Watch/follow orders (will be in place for the remaining steps)
- Protection orders
- Village attack orders
- Wolf attack orders
- Scan orders

Day 0
- Monday 5/8 will be Day 0.
- On Sunday, 5/7, the roles will be distributed and two players will be notified that they are "team captains".
- The team captains will send a priority list of drafted players (based upon the role names).
- I will perform a draft to "pick the teams".
- The number of players on the teams will depend upon the overall number of players in an attempt to keep the ratio at an acceptable level.
- The players will be notified of the alignment on Day 0.

EagleFan 04-29-2017 02:07 PM

Roles

Not all roles may be in the game.

Larry Dallas - The consummate playboy, always looking to get lucky. He may choose someone each night to seduce, this will prevent that person from performing any actions.

Terri Alden - She's not helping people any more. This nurse has now become a mistress of pain... and death. While she seems mild mannered and sweet, below the surface lies a monster. Any night attack on her will result in the death of the person performing the attack. Be warned, she may think that an attempt to scan or help is an attempted attack. Any other targetting of her will result in the player not having their ability the next day/night.

Major Frank Burns - This ferret will try to tattle on anyone. Each night he may scan another player to find out if that player is up to no good. He wants to tattle on them but he knows that everyone is out to get him. Instead of tattling he may make a one time night attack of a player that he has previously scanned. Once using that attack he loses scan ability. Oh, and he is a little paranoid so his scans may not always be accurate.

Natalie Green - Tired of being the nice girl, always letting everyone run her over. That stops now.

Irwin "Skippy" Handelman - Always love-sick for anyone that looks his way. He has gotten over Mallory by latching on to anyone that looks his way. This means that anyone that looks his way cannot get rid of him. If he is scanned at night he will annoy the scanner so much that any subsequent scan by that player during the game will result in an opposite scan of what it would have been.

Colonel Wilhelm Klink - No one will pull the wool over his monocle again. He now rules with an iron fist. The first vote against him on any day will result in him learning the role of the player who voted against him.

Les Nessman - Always the newsman, he is looking for a scoop under ever rock. Les may follow one person each night to see what that person was up to. He may not always see it exactly right as he has never been quite right since that turkey incident.

Rosalind "Roz" Russell - Ready with a sarcastic remark at all times. Also the most loyal person you may find. She will lay it all on the line for whomever she aligns with. She may protect someone each night, only she will know the exact details of how that will work.

Vinton Harper - Not the brightest bulb in the box. His abilities are unknown, maybe even to him.

Potsie Weber - An outcast with a big heart. At least that is how he appears to everyone, the truth is much darker...

Samuel "Screech" Powers - The nerd of the group. Always the outcast. Always trying to fit in. May be a deviant but always a friendly one. Will try to date someone each night only to annoy them for the night. The problem is, he can be easily distracted and may stray from his original target because someone else smiled at him.

Bud Bundy - Grandmaster B to his friends. He will be the life of the party, in his own mind. Tries to fit in with the others but sticks to himself in reality. May develop abilities depending on his alignment.

Wayne Arnold - Always the bullying big brother. He will find someone to do his bidding.

Mel Sharples - Make no mistake, he is in charge.

Jeffrey Murdock - A very odd bird, yet loyal. He has many theories about life as we know it. Beware the giggle loop and the melty man.

EagleFan 04-29-2017 02:07 PM

Player Signup List

1) cheekimonk
2) Autumn - Larry Dallas; wolf draftee with seduction ability (day two lynch)
3) JAG
4) Abe Sargent
5) tarcone
6) britrock88
7) The Jackal - Natalie Green; wolf leader with brutal (day one lynch)
8) bhlloy
9) Chief Rum - Les Nessman, villager with follow ability (day one brutal)
10) Telle
11) Julio Riddols - Rosalin Russel, villager, bodyguard (night one kill)
12) mauchow
13) fontisian

Timeline

Day Zero (5/8)
So it began...
Empty Room Today...
Final Vote Totals
The Ritual Begins?
Results

Day One (5/9)
The Cleanup
Too Quiet
Final Vote Totals
The kills begin
Lynch Results
Night 1 Results

Day Two (5/10)
The exchange?
Final Vote Totals
Lynch Begins
Lynch Result
Night Result

Day Three

cheekimonk 04-30-2017 02:40 AM

I'm in

In. Awesome!

Autumn 04-30-2017 08:38 AM

May 8th is the day I finish school and student teaching, so I will be free in a way I haven't been in 6 years. I'm in!

JAG 04-30-2017 01:50 PM

Sure.

EagleFan 04-30-2017 02:32 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed that we make this happen. :)

Abe Sargent 04-30-2017 04:04 PM

In

EagleFan 04-30-2017 05:08 PM

I'll be adding roles and rules through the week.

tarcone 04-30-2017 05:24 PM

Ill play

britrock88 04-30-2017 09:12 PM

Yeah, why not?

The Jackal 04-30-2017 11:28 PM

In

bhlloy 05-01-2017 01:23 PM

If we actually start the 8th I will have a week off before starting a new job and I'm sure I'll be dead by then, so sure

EagleFan 05-01-2017 03:32 PM

Welcome.

Chief Rum 05-01-2017 09:01 PM

Okay, I'll try.

But I'll be the first to say that my generally chaotic schedule may result in sporadic participation.

EagleFan 05-03-2017 07:43 PM

bump, added a few more possible roles.

Telle 05-04-2017 02:40 PM

Well now this is rather serendipitous. I haven't even been on FOFC, nonetheless checking out werewolf games, in a couple of years. I didn't even know FOFC still existed until I just saw someone mention it on Facebook. Out of curiosity, I decided to log in again.. and low and behold, there's a werewolf game about to start up. I'm not sure if I even remember how to play, but...

I'm in.

EagleFan 05-04-2017 05:40 PM

Welcome Telle.

Autumn 05-04-2017 07:36 PM

Yay, Telle!

Julio Riddols 05-05-2017 04:24 AM

All right, I work night shift, so most of my activity will be late night / early morning, but I would gladly be the first guy to die as I have grown accustomed to being.

Then again, I have a smartphone now so maybe it will be easier for me to keep up with that as a secondary option.

Chief Rum 05-05-2017 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 3158567)
Well now this is rather serendipitous. I haven't even been on FOFC, nonetheless checking out werewolf games, in a couple of years. I didn't even know FOFC still existed until I just saw someone mention it on Facebook. Out of curiosity, I decided to log in again.. and low and behold, there's a werewolf game about to start up. I'm not sure if I even remember how to play, but...

I'm in.

Awesome.

EagleFan 05-05-2017 06:45 AM

Up to 11 players.

mauchow 05-05-2017 07:21 AM

I didn't read the rule set but in!

mauchow 05-05-2017 07:21 AM

I need to set up an alert, or perhaps redownload tapatalk....

mauchow 05-05-2017 07:24 AM

And got tapatalk...! :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JAG 05-05-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 3158649)
All right, I work night shift, so most of my activity will be late night / early morning, but I would gladly be the first guy to die as I have grown accustomed to being.

Then again, I have a smartphone now so maybe it will be easier for me to keep up with that as a secondary option.

Just need Narcizo to join so you have someone to talk to then.

fontisian 05-05-2017 02:35 PM

Sure, I'll play.

Autumn 05-05-2017 03:51 PM

This is looking like it will really happen. I'm psyched. Hope we can get a few more back.

JAG 05-05-2017 06:02 PM

Found out yesterday the FDA is auditing our company next week Monday through Thursday (though maybe not so many days if we're lucky), so I will not be around much during normal work hours.

EagleFan 05-05-2017 09:00 PM

We're up to 13; not bad for a returning game. Maybe we can get a couple more. :)

EagleFan 05-06-2017 07:47 PM

The team captains (in terms of the roles that will be the team captains) have been determined. There will be one neutral role that may or may not be in the game.

Julio Riddols 05-07-2017 04:50 AM

I'm gonna research my role and try to bring some authenticity to my RP.

EagleFan 05-07-2017 11:42 AM

Going to start setting up the roles and sending out details.

EagleFan 05-07-2017 01:20 PM

Welcome to the Sitcom Sanitarium.

We are glad that each of you followed your guidance counselors into the sanitarium. Your health is their top concern.

Please pay little attention to the protective restraints that were used on you as they attempted to force, no, make that guide you into our facility.

While you may have heard nasty rumors that we have a contract with the state that pays us a convenience fee for each one of you that we lock up, no, facilitate as you recover from your addictions.

We are in this for, no, not in this for the money. We have your care as our 18th, no, top most concern. We will dump you into, no, guide you to your new homes. Please take time to learn about everything that we claim, no, everything that we do offer.

We don't, no, we do care about you and your future.

Please don't take, no, please take the time to enjoy all of the resources that we offer you. Die, no, please stay as long as you feel is required to help you lapse into, no, recover fully from your issues.

May god have, no, may you enjoy the mercy that we show to everyone.

(A buzzer is heard)

The door locks behind you.

Everyone stands in the middle of the common room. Unsure what to do now, unsure what is next.

How about an introduction? Some nameless person says.

Okay, but who, how?

After three hours of silence someone speaks up.

Let's vote on it! Yeah, that makes sense.

Let's all pick on person to introduce to everyone. Why don't we decide on what seems like a random time to have all of these votes in?

How about 10 PM EST Monday?

That will work.

Everyone has until 10 PM EST Monday to cast their vote on what player they would like to see their role revealed.

EagleFan 05-07-2017 01:21 PM

Game on!!!

Votes are due by 10 PM Monday for Day 0.

The leading player will have their role revealed to the group.

EagleFan 05-07-2017 01:22 PM

Please let me know via PM if you have any questions on your role, or any general questions about the game. I'll post answers to general game questions in this thread.

JAG 05-07-2017 03:20 PM

Random.org picked font for my vote. Make sure you remember a vote only counts in its own post (I'm sure I'll botch that at some point this game).

Not sure what else to say yet. Except hi everyone. Been a long stretch away.

JAG 05-07-2017 03:20 PM

Vote font

EagleFan 05-07-2017 04:09 PM

To clarify.

The vote for tomorrow will only be a role reveal. There are no reasons to worry about an elimination... yet.

The "team leaders" will be picking their teams through a preference list draft. Everyone will learn their alignment at the end of Day 0.

There will be no kills on night 0 as well.

EagleFan 05-07-2017 04:10 PM

Votes as of post 40

fontisian 1 - JAG (39)

Autumn 05-07-2017 05:55 PM

I like that EF didn't go vanilla for this first game in forever. It will be fascinating to dissect who people might have drafted or the teams, etc.

So no one yet knows which team they're on, which means we don't learn anything really based on who votes what, but we could gain valuable information from the results. On the other hand, we might out someone we wish we didn't. Given that the roles in this game seem to come with severe limits, I think in the end the information is worthwhile.

Looking at the list, I think the person I would most want to know who they are is JAG. If he's a villager and we know it, I feel like we basically win.

Autumn 05-07-2017 05:55 PM

vote JAG

EagleFan 05-07-2017 06:22 PM

Votes as of post 43

fontisian 1 - JAG (39)
JAG 1 - Autumn (43)

bhlloy 05-07-2017 08:03 PM

Hi everyone! Try the horse sedatives, they're delicious.

Eeny, meeny, miney, money...

bhlloy 05-07-2017 08:03 PM

vote tarcone

tarcone 05-07-2017 08:13 PM

Vote Mauchow

EagleFan 05-07-2017 09:00 PM

Votes as of post 47

fontisian 1 - JAG (39)
JAG 1 - Autumn (43)
tarcone 1 - bhlloy (46)
mauchow 1 - tarcone (47)

EagleFan 05-07-2017 09:01 PM