Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Baseball Text-Based Sims (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   OOTP Logo Project (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77745)

ShoelessJ03 05-09-2010 02:55 PM

OOTP Logo Project

I have started a project that's purpose is to compile a plug-n-play zip file of logos to be used with OOTP.

I am going through and creating logos for game generated team nicknames. This way, if you enable the dynamic league options to include team nickname changes or even relocation and expansion, the game will have a logo to use rather than the generic game generated ones.

Additionally, if you like to create fictional leagues, this will allow for the game to create the league file with these logos as needed by your league universe.

So, if you come across a game generated nickname and need a logo for it, chances are my file that I am working on probably does too. A simple reply with the team nickname will do. I'll add it to the collection.

Each logo will be saved and coded accordingly with the main 2 team colors. When the team is created it will have the team colors for uniforms and such attached.

Thanks!

Drake 05-09-2010 10:35 PM

As someone with no graphic arts talent whatsoever (i.e., even my stick figures manage to look deformed), please accept my complete sincerity when I say that I love you and everyone like you. :)

korme 05-10-2010 01:35 PM

Sexy awesome

Young Drachma 05-10-2010 04:32 PM

Heck of an idea. I just wonder how you can predict for every scenario of a city and nickname combination that people might put together.

ShoelessJ03 05-10-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 2280614)
Heck of an idea. I just wonder how you can predict for every scenario of a city and nickname combination that people might put together.

I thought of this too. Right now, I'm working on a set based off team nicknames only. They will be interchangeable since I won't associate them with a specific city. So basically, anytime a team is created with the nickname Roosters or w/e the case may be, it'll pull the logo with color scheme attached.

FWIW - most of my logo designs by default, at least what I am doing right now, leave enough space to easily modify and add in a city name, if someone chooses to do so.

When I get a large enough collection together, I'll make a zip file available.

Ksyrup 05-11-2010 07:44 AM

Great idea, thanks.

spleen1015 05-12-2010 12:33 PM

Can you post some examples of your logos?

Ben E Lou 05-12-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoelessJ03 (Post 2280133)
I have started a project that's purpose is to compile a plug-n-play zip file of logos to be used with OOTP.

I am going through and creating logos for game generated team nicknames. This way, if you enable the dynamic league options to include team nickname changes or even relocation and expansion, the game will have a logo to use rather than the generic game generated ones.

Additionally, if you like to create fictional leagues, this will allow for the game to create the league file with these logos as needed by your league universe.

So, if you come across a game generated nickname and need a logo for it, chances are my file that I am working on probably does too. A simple reply with the team nickname will do. I'll add it to the collection.

Each logo will be saved and coded accordingly with the main 2 team colors. When the team is created it will have the team colors for uniforms and such attached.

Thanks!

GREAT idea.

ShoelessJ03 05-12-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 2281885)
Can you post some examples of your logos?

Here's a couple that I've done for my online league. Obviously, this one is for my Chicago team. The collection I am planning to make will be based off team nicknames rather than city names.

Of course, I could do a set based off city names as well, with no association to a mascot, if people would like that as well.

In any case, here are a couple other examples of my work. I haven't uploaded any of my nickname based logos yet. So far, I've got about 50 or so done.

ShoelessJ03 05-12-2010 03:24 PM

Here are a few from my current project.

It's funny because some nicknames / mascots that I never would have used before, actually came out with the better logos and will probably see some action now as a result. :lol: