Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Moanalua Menehunes TCY Dynasty (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=76567)

bbgunn 01-31-2010 09:57 PM

Moanalua Menehunes TCY Dynasty

After the implosion that was my New Mexico State dynasty, I’m going to release some steam by doing a more laid-back dynasty.

Inspired by Izulde's Park High TCY Dynasty, among others, I'm going to re-attempt a dynasty tracking the collegiate careers (if any) of prospects from my alma mater, Moanalua High School.

First, a little information about my alma mater. Moanalua HS (enrollment roughly 2,000) is located in Honolulu, Hawaii, not too far away from Pearl Harbor and Aloha Stadium (hopefully inspiration for my prospects!). The school colors are royal blue and silver. The school nickname is the Menehunes, named after the mythical, short but muscular and extremely skilled native warriors that, thousands of years ago, allegedly inhabited the mountain valleys in the area of Honolulu where MoHS is located.

In real life, being more of an academic school, I doubt that any Menehune has made an impact at a Division I-A school, so I'm interested to see where this goes.

This will be a TCY-only dynasty, as I do not own FOF (I know... the nerve!). After a player graduates or otherwise leaves college, see ya. I put the Sol-8 in Hawaii both to increase the number of prospects from MoHS, and to give them more options as to where they play their collegiate ball.

I'll try to include game-by-game stats for any players that make the big time, but if this drags on I'll likely fast-sim it.

Here are Moanalua's TCY ratings in the game I just generated:

Athletic Prep: 70
Academic Prep: 25

Not too bad athletically – better than the real life Menehunes. But compared to real life, that academic prep is far too low. Oh well, let’s see how this goes.

Without further ado, let's start.

bbgunn 01-31-2010 09:58 PM

YEAR 1: 2004

MoHS Prospects

Ugh... doesn't look good at all. Here are the four prospects and their ratings. (Names are colored in royal blue for my enjoyment.)

FB Desmond Barnett (26)
#57 in the state. Scout is Terrible with backs, but Desmond is probably not good enough for D-I.
T Nate Riley (23)
#33 in the state. Scout is Good with tackles. Probably nothing here.
OLB Travis Barrett (15)
15? No chance.
CB Ed McKnight (6)
A 6? Are you kidding me?

As expected, none of these guys are picked up by a school. Good luck with your lives, boys.

bbgunn 01-31-2010 09:59 PM

MoHS Prospects

This year we have seven prospects:

WR Terry Paduano (34)
#26 in the state. We just might have something here. Interested in majoring in Astronomy. Strongly prefers a school in the islands, but prestige would be nice too. His strong point is catching the ball in traffic… that is, when he actually gets a catch.
T Paul Coles (12)
Uh, no.
T Stan Grant (7)
Next.
K Cary Howe (19)
No way.
K Bryce Soltis (24)
#64 in the state. Nah… don’t think so.
ILB Geoff Brass (1)
Please.
CB J.B. Odle (30)
#40 in the state. Perhaps? He wants a close school with prestige. Plans to major in Music.

Week 1
J.B. Odle received a scholarship offer from the UH-Hilo Vulcans. They are in Hawaii, plus they have somewhat decent prestige.

Week 2
Odle wastes no time in hopping on a plane and visiting UH-Hilo.

Week 10
All of a sudden, UH-Hilo withdraws its scholarship offer to J.B. Odle. He has no other offers. This is not good.

And the year ends with none of our prospects signing on with a D-IA school. Oh well.

bbgunn 01-31-2010 10:00 PM

MoHS Prospects

Ten prospects this year! Let’s see what we have.

RB Ronald Coleman (24)
#43 in the state. Usually those in the top 30 in Hawaii get any love.
TE Norm Stephens (14)
Uh, no.
TE Billy Joe Ballard (26)
#71 in Hawaii? Uh-uh.
WR D.J. Greenlee (26)
#66? Sorry.
G Jessie Martell (10)
Uh, no.
T Artie Witt (16)
Uh, no.
DE Benjamin Tuinei (5)
Chile, please.
ILB Desmond Borders (30)
#30 in the state. Perhaps we have something here, we’ll see. Wants to study Trigonometry. Like virtually all MoHS graduates, he wants a close school with prestige.
CB Morris Hatcher (32)
#32 in the state. Borderline here; may not get any offers. Idolizes Hawaii – sorry dude, you ain’t going there. Wants to study Geology.
OLB Heath Stoddard (35)
#20 in the state. This is more like it. He should get offers at least from the Hawaii Eight schools. Highly values a school with high prestige. Wants to study Geology.

Week 12
Finally, a contact. ILB Desmond Borders is given a walk-on offer by Baylor.

Week 13
OLB Heath Stoddard is given a walk-on offer by Syracuse.

Week 14
Heath Stoddard is the first Menehune this year to get a scholarship offer! Iowa State calls him up and offers a scholarship on the spot. The next day, Heath is in Ames, Iowa, visiting the campus. That dude’s parents must be well-off.

Meanwhile, Desmond Borders gets a second walk-on offer, as Vanderbilt contacts him about joining their team, this despite Desmond’s 2.60 GPA and 853 test score.

CB Morris Hatcher gets his first contact. Temple calls him up and offers him a walk-on spot.

Week 15
Week 15 comes around, and what do you know, all the aforementioned offers have been rescinded! My boys were used, I tell you, used!

Another year, another group of disappointed Menehunes. We are getting nowhere fast.

bbgunn 02-01-2010 12:40 AM

MoHS Prospects

Only four, and they are so bad that it’s not even worth wasting finger energy typing about them.

MoHS Prospects

This time we have eight prospects. Let’s take a look at them.

TE Jonathan Mugford (14)
No chance.
TE Josh Williamson (10)
Fuhgettaboutit.
WR Scott McSherry (63)
Wow! Finally, our first real prospect! He’s the first Menehune in this dynasty ranked nationally (#279 overall, #24 at WR). He’s the number one high school player in Hawaii! Scott is a certain bet to be the first Menehune to play for a D-IA team. An aspiring Astronomy major, Scott wants to get as far away from the islands as possible, and hopefully to a team with some prestige. His strength is third-down receiving.
G Derek Brandon (12)
Come on.
G James Shea (13)
Nice seeing ya. Next!
T Justin Frame (10)
Have fun at the NAIA level.
OLB Alvin Lyle (5)
It gets worse and worse.
S Donald Hutto (17)
Puh-lease.

Five years, and only one quality prospect? We might have high athletic prep, but we certainly don’t have many players. Anyway, McSherry is ready to represent MoHS. Let’s see what happens.

Week 1
It doesn’t take long for the offers to start pouring in. Hawaii and UH-Kaneohe offered WR Scott McSherry scholarships right away. Meanwhile, Scott gets a call from Texas Tech. Excited about the prospect of playing for a Big 12 team, Scott keeps his fingers crossed and hopes that the Red Raiders offer a scholarship.

Week 2
More action as Texas Tech does indeed offer McSherry a scholarship! They’re not the only school to do so; West Virginia makes an offer as well. Meanwhile, Boston College gives Scott a call to evaluate him.

Week 3
Boston College becomes the fifth school to offer Scott McSherry a scholarship. If Boston isn’t far enough away for Scott, no city is. The Internet forums are saying that Scott is sure to be in Boston in 2009.

Week 4
A sixth school, Clemson, offers a scholarship! The Tigers must have really made an impact on Scott, because it doesn’t take him long to get on a plane and fly to South Carolina for a visit. Clemson is tied with Boston College and Texas Tech on prestige.

Week 5
The phone and doorbell at the McSherry residence must be busy these days. A coach from Tennessee drops by with a scholarship offer. Meanwhile, Wisconsin calls up to inquire about Scott, and Utah gives him a walk-on offer. What are the Utes thinking?

Week 6
UH-Pearl City, of all schools, makes a walk-on offer to Scott. Chile, please! Wisconsin also makes a walk-on offer. Meanwhile, Clemson is still the only school Scott is visiting. On a side note, Scott makes the all-Hawaii team but not the All-Country team.

Week 8
Hawaii, UH-Kaneohe, UH-Pearl City, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Utah have all given up pursuing Scott McSherry. Meanwhile, North Texas comes in with a scholarship offer. Besides Clemson, Scott is currently visiting Boston College, North Texas, Texas Tech, and West Virginia, all of whom have offered scholarships. My money’s on Clemson, but who knows what’s in store?

Week 11
Scott McSherry has finally made a commitment. He will be attending…

Boston College

I should have known. Boston College is farther away than those other schools. Anyway, congratulations, Scott. Make Moanalua proud.

2008 END OF SEASON REPORT
#1 Georgia defeats #2 Notre Dame in the national championship game 34-26. It is their first national championship of this dynasty. The previous champions are, in reverse order, Texas A&M, Texas, Florida State, and Ohio State.

Boston College finishes the year by beating LSU 31-21 in the Outback Bowl. Boston College has an impressive history so far in this dynasty. Including this season (2008), they are 45-15 in five years, including 5-0 in bowl games. This year, they won their second Big East title in three years. They were 5-1 in the conference and 10-2 overall. Looks like Scott will be on a very good team. Whether or not that is good or bad remains to be seen.

bbgunn 02-01-2010 01:22 AM

Pre-Season

WR Scott McSherry, Boston College (Fr)
Scott is scouted at 37/65 – not bad! He will redshirt the 2009 season, along with a WR named Duane Jeffries from Middleborough, MA, who is much better than Scott is (43/93). BC runs a pro offense. With Jeffries, and a good sophomore wideout on the team named Sell, McSherry might not see much time on the field in 2010. Scott is popular on the team already. He is happy, and he already has a girlfriend, Edina.

MoHS Prospects

C Mitchell Sample (18)
C Mitch Tanner (20)
G Gerald Taylor (2)
DT Jason Allen (21)
OLB Cornelius Somerville (33)

You gotta be kidding me with this crop of prospects. Somerville has an itty-bitty chance of landing a spot on a D-IA team, but I doubt it.

2009 END OF SEASON REPORT
Of course, no Menehune prospects made it to D-IA rosters this year.

#2 Florida beats #1 Texas 30-9 for the national championship.

Boston College finished at 10-2 and 5-1 in the Big East – the same as Pittsburgh. Only a 27-14 loss at Pittsburgh in Week 5 prevented the Eagles from successfully defending their title. They had to settle for the St. Petersburg Bowl, where they extended their bowl winning streak to six with a 34-28 win over TCU. The Eagles finished the year ranked #10 in the Coaches poll.

WR Scott McSherry’s 2009 Stats
Scott was redshirted, so he did not play at all.

Recoil 02-01-2010 09:09 PM

:popcorn:

I'm enjoying the new dynasty.

Hopefully McSherry can make a name for himself at BC.

bbgunn 02-01-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recoil (Post 2216597)
:popcorn:

I'm enjoying the new dynasty.

Hopefully McSherry can make a name for himself at BC.

Thanks for the comment. A bit busy today, but hopefully I can put in an update or two sometime soon.

bbgunn 02-01-2010 11:11 PM

Pre-Season

Boston College
Moanalua HS player: WR Scott McSherry (RS So)

In order to do this dynasty, I’m running the UH-Hilo Vulcans, but I’m not doing anything with them. Everything is set to auto. They have a new scout for the region that Boston College is in, and he is rating McSherry as 35/47. There are four other wide receivers for the Eagles with a better current estimate, so it looks like McSherry will not see a lot of playing time this year. Despite this, he is still very happy in Boston, Edina is still his girl, and his teammates love him. The problem is his academics; his current GPA is a 1.94. You need to hit the books, dude. You’re making Moanalua look bad.

Boston College begins the year at #12 in the Coaches poll. They are the clear favorites to win the Big East this year. The big game on their schedule is a Week 14 date with #5 Notre Dame.

MoHS Prospects

We have seven prospects this time. Let’s take a look.

OLB Lester Gilmore (28)
#49 in Hawaii. No, no, no.
K Craig Rex (6)
What’s with all the bad kickers at MoHS?
ILB Mel Frederick (26)
#31 in the state. Probably too low.
T Louie Molnar (31)
#27 in the state. May have an outside chance, but I doubt it.
TE Issac Bednarsh (7)
Together, everybody: “Uh, no.”
S Nate McConnell (62)
How about that... another real prospect! #634 nationally, #39 in the U.S. at the safety position. #5 in the state of Hawaii. Team prestige is the most important factor for Nate, although an academically-inclined school would be nice too. I’m not sure why; his GPA is 2.79 and his test score is a measly 892.
TE Howie Wills (10)
Don’t let the doorknob hit your ass on the way out.

Looks like McConnell is the only sure bet here. Let’s begin the season.

Week 1

Boston College (1-0)
#12 Boston College 50, Memphis 21
WR Scott McSherry: Got in the game late on special teams, but didn’t register any stats.

MoHS Prospects
S Nate McConnell got a scholarship offer from UH-Maui. Tennessee also contacted Nate, but did not make any offers at this time.

Week 2

Boston College (2-0)
#10 Boston College 41, Wyoming 21
WR Scott McSherry: Scott came into the game late as a sub. They threw one ball to him, which he caught for 46 yards. The Scott McSherry era is on!

Week 3

Boston College (2-1)
Purdue 27, #8 Boston College 14
WR Scott McSherry: Scott came into the game late as a sub and saw one pass play, but didn’t do anything.

MoHS Prospects
S Nate McConnell got another scholarship offer, this time from UH-Pearl City.

Week 4

MoHS Prospects
Tennessee finally offers McConnell a scholarship. Meanwhile, he drives down Interstate H-1 to visit UH-Pearl City, then catches a plane for the half-hour flight to UH-Maui.

Week 6

Boston College (2-2, 0-0)
Navy 27, #20 Boston College 3
WR Scott McSherry: Scott came into the game late as a sub and, again, saw one pass play but didn’t do anything.

MoHS Prospects
Many more schools are coming into the mix for Nate McConnell. Colorado State makes a scholarship offer, as does UH-Mililani, smack in the center of the island of Oahu. Hawaii comes in with a walk-on offer. Nate is still only visiting UH-Maui and UH-Pearl City. Meanwhile, Nate fails to make the all-Hawaii team. Hopefully that does not make an impact on his scholarship prospects.

Recoil 02-01-2010 11:25 PM

UT must have some contacts on the island.

bbgunn 02-02-2010 01:22 AM

Yeah, it's amazing how active they are in Hawaii. Go figure.

bbgunn 02-02-2010 01:23 AM

Week 7

Boston College (2-3, 0-1)
#23 Pittsburgh 17, Boston College 9
For the first time in three years, the Eagles lose more than three games in a season. And it’s only Week 7.
WR Scott McSherry: Did not play.

MoHS Prospects
Hawaii withdraws from the Nate McConnell sweepstakes, leaving Colorado State, Tennessee, UH-Mililani, UH-Pearl City, and UH-Maui. Nate is visiting all of those schools. His HS stats through eight games are as follows: 54 tackles, 4.0 sacks, 10 interceptions.

bbgunn 02-02-2010 01:23 AM

As much as I hate to do it, I’m going to have to stop the game-by-game updates for MoHS graduates on D-IA teams. To do that, I have to save all box scores. That wouldn’t be a problem if I played TCY on only one computer, but I often move my universe files from my work computer to my home computer, and vice versa, using my USB drive, and it is beginning to take up memory. I still have plenty of memory, but if this thing goes 20, 30, 50 years, that is a lot of box scores!

So, I’ll do what Izulde did in his dynasty, just a year-end update with stats. Recruiting updates will still be weekly, though.

bbgunn 02-02-2010 01:24 AM

Week 9
S Nate McConnell has finally made a commitment. He will be playing for….

University of Hawaii-Pearl City

I’m shocked! Nate turned down a chance to join an SEC or a Mountain West team to play for a team that is currently 3-4, and 2-2 in the Hawaii Eight? Man. UH-Pearl City is only rated Very Good in academics, and the Aviators have a Very Good prestige. I guess there’s no place like home. Pearl City is only a few miles from Honolulu, so Moanalua students will be able to see one of their own up close and personal.

Week 10
Out of the blue, UH-Kailua, on the east side of the island of Oahu, contacts T Louie Molnar about joining the Cobras as a walk-on. Molnar wants a team with some prestige, and for a Hawaii Eight team, UH-Kailua has it. Distance is a plus for Louie, too; the Cobras are only seven miles over the mountains from Honolulu.

Conference Championship Week
UH-Kailua withdraws their walk-on offer. Looks like Louie Molnar will be playing in Division II.

END OF SEASON REPORT
Wisconsin finishes the year as the only unbeaten team in Division I FBS by beating Georgia 28-18 in the National Championship. In the seven seasons so far in this dynasty, a different team has won it all each time.

Boston College
Boston College finished with a terrible record: 4-7, and 2-4 in the Big East. Pittsburgh wins the conference. They were 10-2, and they went 6-0 in-conference.
WR Scott McSherry was able to play in nine games, but he did not start any of them. He caught three passes for 64 yards and no TDs. His GPA is now up to 2.18.

UH-Pearl City
Nate McConnell’s new team finished at 6-5 overall and 4-3 in the Hawaii Eight. Over the history of this dynasty they are a little below average: 37-41 in six seasons. They did win the conference in 2007 (after finishing next to last in 2006) and went to the New Orleans Bowl, where they lost to North Texas. That is their only bowl appearance to date. Since then the Aviators have been mediocre at best.

bbgunn 02-02-2010 06:14 PM

I'm exploring the possibilities of zipping universe files when I move them from computer to computer. I just think that having game-by-game updates for Moanalua graduates adds a little something extra to the dynasty.

bbgunn 02-04-2010 12:48 AM

I figured out how to delete old box scores to save disk space, so the game-by-game updates are back on!

bbgunn 02-04-2010 12:49 AM

Pre-Season

Boston College
Moanalua HS player: WR Scott McSherry (RS Jr)

Scott is now rated at 44/47, so it looks like he is developing nicely. The problem is that there are four other wide receivers that are more talented than Scott is. If the starters suffer some injuries, then Scott will have a chance. Despite this, Scott remains very happy, very popular, and he still has his girl.

Boston College fired its head coach in the offseason, replacing him with former Wyoming coach Don Haines. From 2004-2010, Haines had only one winning season, the 2007 season in which the Cowboys went 8-4 and won the Mountain West with a 6-1 record. They went to the Orange Bowl that year where they were whipped up by Georgia. That remains their only postseason appearance in this dynasty. It remains to be seen if Haines can return the Eagles to their former glory, and if he can help our Menehune reach the next level.

The Eagles are ranked #22 in the coaches poll. The Big East race should basically be between them and Pittsburgh, although Syracuse has an outside chance. Their top two games are at #23 Pittsburgh in Week 8, and hosting #3 Notre Dame in Week 14.

UH-Pearl City
Moanalua HS player: S Nate McConnell (Fr)

Nate will redshirt this year, but at 38/81, his current rating is equal to that of Pearl City’s top two other safeties. Nate’s potential is through the roof; he should be able to start every game in 2012. Nate is very happy attending college in Hawaii, and he has a steady girlfriend in Cynthia. Problem is, his teammates don’t quite trust him yet.

UH-Kaneohe is the dominant team in the Hawaii Eight right now, but UH-Pearl City should battle UH-Mililani for second place this year. Since Nate is redshirting, I won’t give any game-by-game updates this year.

MoHS Prospects

Only four prospects in 2011. Who are they? Let’s see.

DE Richard Lee (13)
You gotta be kidding me..
ILB Wally Peters (3)
See you at the NAIA level.
DE Norman Faylor (9)
Nuff said.
T Al Fountain (18)
Nope.

Another crap class here. Enjoy your lives, boys. We have two Division I-A boys to chronicle.

Week 1

Boston College (0-1)
Toledo 28, #22 Boston College 17
WR Scott McSherry: Scott came in as a sub. He had two catches for 47 yards.

Week 2
Boston College (1-1)
Boston College 48, Auburn 21
WR Scott McSherry: Scott came into the game as a sub. He had 1 catch for 24 yards.

Week 3
Boston College (2-1)
Boston College 65, Wyoming 7
WR Scott McSherry: Despite the scorefest, Scott did not see much action. As a sub, he had 2 catches for 18 yards.

Week 6
Boston College (3-1)
#24 Boston College 24, Navy 21
WR Scott McSherry: Again Scott doesn’t start, but a milestone is reached as he becomes the first Menehune to score at the D-IA level! Scott earned his first TD by catching a 7-yard pass from QB Dale Francis late in the third quarter. That would, however, be his only catch and only yards of the day.

Week 7
Boston College (4-1, 1-0)
#21 Boston College 31, Syracuse 10
WR Scott McSherry: Scott got into the game as a sub, but did not record any stats.

Week 8
Boston College (5-1, 2-0)
#20 Boston College 27, Pittsburgh 24
WR Scott McSherry: Again, Scott got into the game as a sub, but did not record any stats.

Week 9
Boston College (6-1, 3-0)
#17 Boston College 35, Rutgers 23
WR Scott McSherry: As a substitute, Scott had one catch for nine yards.

Week 10
Boston College (7-1, 4-0)
#15 Boston College 30, Connecticut 3
WR Scott McSherry: As a substitute, Scott didn’t register any stats.

Week 11
Boston College (8-1, 5-0)
#13 Boston College 27, West Virginia 16
WR Scott McSherry: Just another case of oppression by the man. Scott did not start, but instead came on as a sub. (The wide receiver starters never get injured for Boston College, that must be an anomaly.) He had one ball thrown to him, but he didn’t catch it.

Week 13
Boston College (9-1, 6-0)
#13 Boston College 45, Temple 3
WR Scott McSherry: Scott gets the second touchdown of his career when he catches a 35-yard pass from QB Dale Francis. As with his first touchdown, that would be his only catch and yardage of the day.

Week 14
Boston College
#2 Notre Dame (9-1) 38, #11 Boston College (9-2) 6
WR Scott McSherry: McSherry had two balls thrown to him in this game, but no catches.

Having gone undefeated in conference play, Boston College wins the Big East title. They will play 9-2 Georgia in the Outback Bowl. It will be Scott McSherry’s first bowl game.

The national championship will see 10-1 Notre Dame face 10-1 USC. What a matchup! When they played in Los Angeles in Week 2, USC drilled the Irish 37-10.

Bowl Games
Boston College
#6 Georgia (10-2) 34, #14 Boston College (9-3) 7
WR Scott McSherry: McSherry had two catches for 19 yards as a sub.

National Championship: Notre Dame 33, USC 28

END OF SEASON REPORT – 2011

Boston College
Scott McSherry finished the year with the following stats: 10 catches, 159 yards, 2 TDs. He played in all twelve games. Boston College finished the year ranked #17 in the coaches poll.

UH-Pearl City
The Aviators finished with a terrible 3-8 record, including 2-5 in the conference, good enough for sixth place in the Hawaii Eight. That was a big drop from 2009 and 2010, when they finished 6-5 each year.

Big Six 02-04-2010 08:30 AM

This is a lot of fun! I've tried two similar dynasties, but I never got them up and running very well. I hope yours has a long, successful run.

bbgunn 02-04-2010 05:37 PM

Thank you for the comment! I just wish that Moanalua HS was cranking out more top prospects.

bbgunn 08-28-2011 09:17 PM

Pre-Season

Boston College
Moanalua HS player: WR Scott McSherry (Jr)

Scouts now have McSherry rated at 48/48. Still, he is only the fifth best receiver on the team. He is behind a senior, a junior, and two sophomores, so it is highly unlikely that he will be a regular starter this year or next. This may seem depressing, but not to Scott, who is content with his playing time. Edina is still by his side; that may have something to do with it. His teammates are pretty happy with him as well. McSherry’s GPA is now up to 2.16. This year he’s taking such challenging classes as sports management, telemarketing and journalism.

The Eagles are ranked #19 in the preseason coaches poll. The Big East race will be between them and the Pitt Panthers. Pitt will visit Boston in Week 8, while in the last game of the year in Week 14, The Eagles travel to current #2 Notre Dame.

UH-Pearl City
Moanalua HS player: S Nate McConnell (RS Fr)

Bad news for Nate McConnell fans: the guy has been put on academic probation and has been suspended for the season. That is what a 1.34 GPA will do to you. Nate failed Geology I (remember, Geology is his major), and he came close to failing English I. It’s too bad for him; he would have been the #1 safety on the team this year.

Anyway, with McConnell out, no need for his game-by-game updates.

MoHS Prospects

From now on, I’ll focus only on the MoHS prospects that are ranked statewide in the top 40, as any player outside of that group is highly unlikely to sign on with an FBS program. This year, we have nine Menehune prospects, and six of them are in the Top 40! Nice. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?

CB Randy Broomfield (31)
#28 in Hawaii, #6 CB. Strongly prefers a school on Oahu, and idolizes UH-Pearl City – which is good because it is doubtful that he will get a scholarship off-island. His Moanalua stats are not that bad, actually (15 tackles in four games with three INTs). But with a lousy attitude, a GPA of 2.30 and a test score of 973, Broomfield is not that attractive to mainland schools.

WR Julio Wooden (31)
#30 in Hawaii, #5 WR. About the same grade- and test-wise as Broomfield. However, has a good attitude. Also wants to stay on-island, although he has no preferred school. Wants to be a geography major.

P C.J. Blair (48)
The 49th best punter prospect in the country. Ranked #12 overall in Hawaii, #1 P. Prefers a highly-regarded football program that is close by. An aspiring Geology major, Blair has a 1074 test score and a 2.74 GPA. He has a pretty good attitude, and his hang time is superb.

FB Wayne Brooks (40)
The 72nd best high school fullback in the nation. Ranked #21 overall in Hawaii, #3 at FB. Prefers a high prestige team most of all (sorry, you ain’t getting that). Wants to major in Astronomy. 940 test score, 2.72 GPA. Strength is power running, weakness is pass protection.

C Rondell Lewis (68)
Now we come to a real prospect. #272 overall nationally, #15 at center. #2 in Hawaii (#1 C). A run-blocking beast who prefers a highly-rated football team. What’s holding Rondell back are his grades (2.55 GPA, 755 test score) and his attitude (poor).

DT Tony McAdams (30)
#31 in Hawaii, #2 at DT. Terrible 2.14 GPA, and a 787 test score. Prefers a school in Hawaii. Good attitude. Wants to study Geology.

Looks like only Lewis, and perhaps Blair, has a chance to land a free ride somewhere. Let’s find out.

bbgunn 08-28-2011 09:18 PM

Week 1
Boston College (1-0)
#19 Boston College 48, Utah State 21
WR Scott McSherry: DNP (does not look good for him)

COACHES TOP 10
1. Texas (1-0)
2. Notre Dame (1-0)
3. Rice (1-0)
4. Maryland (1-0)
5. Boston College (1-0)
6. Ole Miss (1-0)
7. Michigan St. (1-0)
8. Oregon (1-0)
9. Northern Illinois (1-0)
10. Bowling Green (1-0)

MoHS Prospects
C Rondell Lewis got a scholarship offer from Colorado State and is considering a visit. Meanwhile, P C.J. Blair received three offers: from Arizona and Washington State as well as Hawaii Tech in Waipahu on Oahu.

bbgunn 08-28-2011 09:19 PM

Week 2
Boston College (2-0)
#5 Boston College 45, Wyoming 6
WR Scott McSherry: Scott got into the game on special teams, but didn’t register any stats.

COACHES TOP 10
Texas (2-0)
Notre Dame (2-0)
Georgia (1-0)
Wisconsin (1-0)
TCU (1-0)
Boise St. (1-0)
Colorado (1-0)
Rice (2-0)
Stanford (1-0)
Florida St. (1-0)

MoHS Prospects
Two more offers for C Rondell Lewis besides the Colorado State one: North Texas and Hawaii State (formerly UH-Mililani). In addition, Stanford contacted Lewis, but did not make a scholarship offer or a visit offer.

Meanwhile, add some more schools to the list of scholarships that P C.J. Blair is considering: Nevada, Wyoming, and UH-Kailua.

bbgunn 08-28-2011 09:20 PM

Week 3
Boston College (3-0)
#12 Boston College 34, Toledo 14
WR Scott McSherry: Scott got into the game late for a few passing plays, but did not have the ball thrown to him. How depressing. Nevertheless, the Eagles keep rolling.

COACHES TOP 10
Texas (2-0)
Georgia (1-0)
Wisconsin (2-0)
TCU (1-0)
Boise St. (2-0)
Colorado (2-0)
Notre Dame (2-1)
Stanford (2-0)
Rice (2-0)
Florida St. (2-0)

Boston College is now #13.

MoHS Prospects
C Rondell Lewis is now visiting Hawaii State. Meanwhile, two brand-name programs offered him scholarships: Iowa and Nebraska.

P C.J. Blair is visiting UH-Kailua.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 01:28 AM

Week 4
Boston College (4-0, 1-0 Big East)
#13 Boston College 52, Connecticut 0
Boston College opened up Big East play in a big way, with a complete dismantling of the Huskies.
WR Scott McSherry: It wasn’t a big day at all for Scott, who received his second DNP of the year. The guy needs to just transfer already.

COACHES TOP 10
Texas (3-0)
Wisconsin (3-0)
Notre Dame (3-1)
TCU (2-0)
Boise St. (2-0)
Colorado (3-0)
Stanford (3-0)
Rice (3-0)
Florida St. (2-0)
USC (2-0)

Boston College is now #12.
By the way, if you want any information on any team in the game universe, just let me know.

MoHS Prospects
No changes for C Rondell Lewis. As for P C.J. Blair, East Carolina of Conference USA offered him a scholarship. Meanwhile, UH-West Oahu offered Blair a visit, but no scholly as of now.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 01:29 AM

Week 5
Boston College (4-0, 1-0 Big East)
Bye week.

COACHES TOP 10
Texas (3-0)
Wisconsin (4-0)
Notre Dame (4-1)
TCU (3-0)
Boise St. (3-0)
Colorado (4-0)
Stanford (4-0)
Rice (4-0)
Georgia (2-1)
Miami FL (2-1)

Florida State, who was #9 last week, lost at home to Duke 24-7.
The bye week was not kind to Boston College, who dropped one spot to #13.

MoHS Prospects
C Rondell Lewis was finally offered a scholarship by Stanford. (They must be lowering their academic standards in the name of football.) Lewis is visiting the Cardinal, as well as Hawaii State and Colorado State. With team prestige the most important of his preferences, my money is on Lewis playing in Palo Alto, as they have the highest of all the schools that have offered scholarships.

P C.J. Blair has now added Hawaii Tech to the number of schools he is visiting, along with UH-Kailua. It’s looking like Blair is more interested in staying home and playing in the Hawaii Eight than going to a Pac-10 or a Mountain West team.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 01:30 AM

Week 6
Boston College (4-1, 1-0 Big East)
Navy 27, #13 Boston College 23
The dream of an undefeated season comes to an end for the Eagles in Annapolis, as Navy pulls off the stunner.
WR Scott McSherry: Another DNP. Scott is getting no love from the coach.

COACHES TOP 10
Texas (4-0)
Notre Dame (5-1)
Wisconsin (4-0)
TCU (4-0)
Boise St. (4-0)
Colorado (5-0)
Georgia (3-1)
Stanford (5-0)
Rice (4-0)
Miami FL (3-1)

McSherry might not be getting any love, but the Fighting Irish definitely are. Their massive, 37-12 victory over 1-3 Western Michigan was enough for them to vault Wisconsin (who had a bye) into the coveted #2 spot in the polls.
Despite the loss, Boston College doesn’t drop too far. They are now #18.

MoHS Prospects
Middle Tennessee State offered C Rondell Lewis a scholarship. As for P C.J. Blair, he has made a decision about where to go! The punter will be suiting up for...

UH-KAILUA SURFRIDERS!!!!!

Yep, it was easy to see this one coming. It was either Kailua or Hawaii Tech. Enjoy the Hawaii 8, C.J. Hope you don’t regret taking up a Pac-10 or Mountain West offer. Sorry if I can’t hide my disappointment.

Anyway, about the Surfriders... they may be the Hawaii 8’s worst overall program. Since this dynasty started, they have had only one winning season in eight years (a 6-5 campaign in 2008). They are well on their way to another losing season in 2012. They are currently 0-4. I suppose it’s easy to see why they needed a good punter. They’ll be using C.J. Blair a lot in the future.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 01:33 AM

Week 7
Boston College (5-1, 2-0 Big East)
#18 Boston College 36, Syracuse 33
The Eagles get back in the win column and stay undefeated in the Big East.
WR Scott McSherry: McSherry did get into the game for three plays, but did not have any balls thrown to him.

COACHES TOP 10
Notre Dame (6-1)
Wisconsin (5-0)
TCU (5-0)
Texas (4-1)
Colorado (6-0)
Georgia (4-1)
Stanford (6-0)
Rice (5-0)
Miami FL (4-1)
Utah (5-0)

Texas lost in overtime to Texas Tech on national TV, dropping them from the number one spot. Boise St. also lost, to SMU, to fall out of the top 10. Boston College is now #16.
The BCS Standings come out next week!

MoHS Prospects

C Rondell Lewis (68)
Offers: Colorado St. (visiting), Hawaii St. (visiting), Middle Tenn. St. (visiting), Nebraska (visiting), Stanford (visiting)
Iowa and North Texas have pulled out of the Lewis sweepstakes. My money is still on Stanford.

FB Wayne Brooks (40)
Offers: none
Contacted by: Northwestern
A third Menehune is now in the recruiting mix, although only as a possible walk-on at Northwestern.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 01:38 AM

Week 8
Boston College (5-2, 2-1 Big East)
Pittsburgh 31, #16 Boston College 21
The train has nearly derailed for the Eagles, who shockingly lose at home to a Pittsburgh team that came into the game 1-5. Pittsburgh lost their first five games of the season, but have won two straight since then (both Big East games). The Eagles are now tied with Pitt for second place in the conference, behind Temple (!), who is 3-4 and 2-0 in conference.
WR Scott McSherry: McSherry played a chunk of the loss (14 plays) and gained his first yardage of the season. Unfortunately for him, it was negative yardage. He took a reverse handoff from the QB, but was tackled behind the yard of scrimmage for -1 yards.

BCS TOP 10
Wisconsin (6-0)
TCU (5-0)
California (7-0)
Stanford (7-0)
Miami (FL) (5-1)
Rice (6-0)
Georgia (5-1)
Colorado (7-0)
Notre Dame (6-1)
North Texas (6-1)

Notre Dame, who is #2 in the coaches poll, is getting no love from the computers. They haven’t played anybody of note, although they could change that in the upcoming weeks.

MoHS Prospects

C Rondell Lewis (68)
Lewis has finally chosen a school! The 6’4”, 268 pound center will be a member of...

HAWAII STATE TROJANS!!!!!

Wow, this came out of left field. Of all the Hawaii 8 teams, Hawaii State has the most prestige. But when you have an offer from Stanford on the table, you usually take that over Hawaii State. Perhaps at the last minute Rondell was frightened of all the studying he was going to have to do if he attended Stanford.

Hawaii State is the defending Hawaii 8 champion. Last year, they went 10-2 and an undefeated 7-0 in conference, their first title ever. They advanced to the New Orleans Bowl where they lost 28-10 to North Texas. However, at 2-3 and 1-1, they are struggling a bit this year.

So, that means both of our main prospects will be attending Hawaii 8 schools. Not what I had in mind.

FB Wayne Brooks (40)
Northwestern rescinded their walk-on offer, so it looks like no D-I FBS for Brooks.

Izulde 08-29-2011 10:46 AM

Yeah it's always disappointing when they go to the in-state conference, but that also gives them an opportunity for more PT, so it balances itself out.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izulde (Post 2519489)
Yeah it's always disappointing when they go to the in-state conference, but that also gives them an opportunity for more PT, so it balances itself out.

That's true. It's no fun that McSherry is just on the bench all the time at Boston College.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 11:18 PM

Week 9
Boston College (6-2, 3-1 Big East)
#25 Boston College 45, Rutgers 10
WR Scott McSherry: McSherry saw some more game time, and this time he had some positive yardage. He caught two of three balls thrown to him for a total of 44 yards. If you are wondering why McSherry played a lot today, it’s because of a slew of injuries to BC’s receivers. One is out for the season with a broken ankle, one is out for the next four weeks with a dislocated knee, and two more are probable with injuries.

BCS TOP 10
TCU (6-0)
California (8-0)
Miami (FL) (6-1)
Stanford (8-0)
Rice (7-0)
Georgia (6-1)
Colorado (7-0)
Wisconsin (6-1)
Notre Dame (7-1)
North Texas (7-1)

A Wisconsin loss to Penn State drops them out of the top two spots. Your TCU Horned Frogs are now #1 in the BCS. Boston College, though in the top 25 in the coaches poll, is not there in the BCS standings.

bbgunn 08-29-2011 11:20 PM

Week 10
Boston College (6-2, 3-1 Big East)
Bye week. By tbe way, thanks to losses by Temple and Pittsburgh, BC is alone in first place in the Big East, with Syracuse (4-3, 2-1) and West Virginia (4-3, 2-1) just a half game back.

BCS TOP 10
TCU (7-0)
California (8-0)
Miami (FL) (7-1)
Georgia (7-1)
Stanford (8-0)
Rice (8-0)
Wisconsin (7-1)
Texas Tech (8-0)
Utah (8-0)
Colorado (8-0)

The Red Raiders and Utes move into the Top 10 thanks to some big wins. Tech drilled Oklahoma 55-3, while Utah beat Air Force 28-16.

MoHS Prospects

FB Wayne Brooks (40)
Contacted by: Kansas St.
Two weeks after Northwestern blew him off, another purple-clad team contacts Brooks. They didn’t offer a scholarship, but they did invite him to Manhattan, KS, for a visit.

UPCOMING KEY GAMES
Rankings are from the BCS standings.
Boston College (6-2) at West Virginia (4-3)
#2 California (8-0) at #25 UCLA (6-2)
#3 Miami FL (7-1) at Florida State (5-3)
UNLV (6-1) at #9 Utah (8-0)
Oklahoma (4-4) at #10 Colorado (8-0)

bbgunn 08-29-2011 11:21 PM

Week 11
Boston College (7-2, 4-1 Big East)
Boston College 41, West Virginia 21
WR Scott McSherry: Scott caught 1 of 2 passes for 10 yards on the day.

BCS TOP 10
California (9-0)
TCU (8-0)
Stanford (9-0)
Rice (9-0)
Georgia (7-1)
Wisconsin (8-1)
Colorado (9-0)
North Texas (9-1)
Notre Dame (7-1)
Clemson (7-1)

Changes galore. With their 38-8 win over UCLA (coupled with TCU’s unimpressive 17-16 victory over UAB), Cal overtakes the Horned Frogs – barely (8.95 to 8.99 in BCS points). Miami lost 28-21 to Florida State, Texas Tech was blown out 41-12 by Missouri, and Utah’s bid for a national championship ended with a 38-28 loss to UNLV.

Boston College is getting closer, but they haven’t cracked the BCS top 25 yet.

MoHS Prospects

FB Wayne Brooks (40)
That visit offer is still on the table for Brooks.

UPCOMING KEY GAMES
Oregon (5-4) at #1 California (9-0)
#17 USC (6-2) at #3 Stanford (9-0)
Kansas (5-4) at #7 Colorado (9-0)
#9 Notre Dame (7-1) at Navy (6-2)
#23 Maryland (7-2) at #10 Clemson (7-1)

bbgunn 08-30-2011 06:34 PM

Week 12
Boston College (7-2, 4-1 Big East)
Bye week.

KEY SCORES
#1 California 48, Oregon 11
#3 Stanford 70, #17 USC 10
#7 Colorado 59, Kansas 0
#9 Notre Dame 28, Navy 10
#23 Maryland 37, #10 Clemson 7

BCS TOP 10
TCU (9-0)
California (10-0)
Stanford (10-0)
Rice (10-0)
Georgia (8-1)
Colorado (10-0)
Notre Dame (8-1)
Wisconsin (9-1)
Miami FL (8-2)
Northern Illinois (9-1)

Apparently TCU’s 41-10 victory over 3-7 Houston meant more than Cal’s spanking of Oregon, because TCU not only moved ahead of Cal, but opened up a bit of a gap (6.74 to 9.48).

MoHS Prospects

FB Wayne Brooks (40)

UPCOMING KEY GAMES
Temple (3-7) at Boston College (7-2)
Louisville (5-5) at #1 TCU (9-0)
#4 Rice (10-0) at SMU (6-3)
#5 Georgia (8-1) at Tennessee (5-5)
#6 Colorado (10-0) at Nebraska (4-6)
#7 Notre Dame (8-1) at USC (6-3)
Duke (5-5) at #9 Miami FL (8-2)

bbgunn 08-30-2011 06:36 PM

Week 13
Boston College (8-2, 5-1 Big East)
Boston College 38, Temple 7
With the win, Boston College wins the Big East title for the second straight season.
WR Scott McSherry: He had two catches for 27 yards.

KEY SCORES
#1 TCU 28, Louisville 21
#4 Rice 42, SMU 7
#5 Georgia 41, Tennessee 14
#6 Colorado 44, Nebraska 38
USC 31, #7 Notre Dame 10
#9 Miami FL 40, Duke 10

BCS TOP 10
TCU (10-0)
California (10-0)
Rice (11-0)
Stanford (10-0)
Georgia (9-1)
Colorado (11-0)
Miami FL (9-2)
Northern Illinois (10-1)
North Texas (11-1)
LSU (10-1)

Boston College is now #24 in the BCS.

MoHS Prospects

FB Wayne Brooks (40)

DT Tony McAdams (30)
Contacted by: San Diego St.
San Diego State has invited McAdams for a visit to see if he will be a good walk-on fit.

UPCOMING KEY GAMES
#24 Boston College (8-2) at Notre Dame (8-2)
#1 TCU (10-0) at SMU (6-4)
#4 Stanford (10-0) at #2 California (10-0) [a titanic game!]
Georgia Tech (5-5) at #5 Georgia (9-1)

bbgunn 08-30-2011 06:38 PM

Week 14
Boston College (8-3, 5-1 Big East)
Notre Dame 27, Boston College 17
The regular season ends on a bad note for the Eagles.
WR Scott McSherry: Scott had two catches for 38 yards, including a 27-yard catch.

KEY SCORES
SMU 38, #1 TCU 10
#4 Stanford 35, #2 California 31
#5 Georgia 31, Georgia Tech 21

BCS TOP 10
Stanford (11-0)
Rice (11-0)
Georgia (10-1)
Colorado (11-0)
California (10-1)
TCU (10-1)
North Texas (11-1)
Miami FL (9-2)
Northern Illinois (10-1)
Florida (9-2)

#1 and #2 go down in the last week before the conference championships, shaking things up at the top! The new #1, Stanford, looks to be a lock for the National Championship. The only team, perhaps, that could overtake Rice is Georgia, and they will probably need to drill LSU into the ground in Atlanta. Although Colorado plays Texas Tech for the Big 12 title and can finish the season unbeaten, they seem to be too far back to catch Rice.

MoHS Prospects

FB Wayne Brooks (40)

DT Tony McAdams (30)
Contacted by: San Diego St., UTEP
UTEP contacted Tony, but did not invite him for a visit.

UPCOMING CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
SEC: #3 Georgia (10-1) vs #12 LSU (10-1)
Big 12: #4 Colorado (11-0) vs #20 Texas Tech (9-2)
MAC: Marshall (8-3) vs #9 Northern Illinois (10-1)

bbgunn 08-30-2011 06:40 PM

Week 15
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
SEC: #12 LSU 38, #3 Georgia 14
Big 12: #4 Colorado 45, #20 Texas Tech 13
MAC: Marshall 35, #9 Northern Illinois 27

BCS TOP 10
Stanford (11-0)
Rice (11-0)
Colorado (12-0)
California (10-1)
TCU (10-1)
Georgia (10-2)
North Texas (11-1)
Miami FL (9-2)
LSU (11-1)
Northern Illinois (10-2)

It’ll be Stanford vs Rice for the National Championship. Meanwhile, Boston College will be heading to the Outback Bowl to face the Georgia Bulldogs.

MoHS Prospects

DT Tony McAdams (30)
Both San Diego St. and UTEP gave up on McAdams.

FB Wayne Brooks (40)
Brooks has landed a walk-on position with a program. He will be a member of the.....

N.C. STATE WOLFPACK!!!!!

An ACC team comes out of nowhere and offers Brooks a walk-on offer he couldn’t refuse. The fullback will join Scott McSherry as MoHS alumni playing on the East Coast.

MacroGuru 08-30-2011 10:41 PM

Whats up with da island boys going to the east coast? They have a secret recipe of Piney Po Po or Kahlua Pork they are teasing them with?

bbgunn 08-31-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 2520513)
Whats up with da island boys going to the east coast? They have a secret recipe of Piney Po Po or Kahlua Pork they are teasing them with?

Hey, mix 'em up wit' some Southern BBQ and you got one ono pa'ina, brah! :)